XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there not a way to use the converted MSP currency on their website?  Can it only be used through the console?

I have access to wifi for my laptop but no way to connect my xbox to the laptop for a shared connection (it's blocked).

The achievements for Zeno Clash aren't supposed to be time consuming or difficult. I believe it's not a price mistake either. Showing up at 90% on my xbox console.

Realistic (boring) guesses:

• Gears of War 2
  • Arkham Asylum
  • Bioshock
  • Trials HD
  • Gotham City Imposters
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Geometry Wars 2
Wishful Thinking

• Viva Pinata 2
  • Halo Wars
  • SSX
  • Dead Island
  • Rock Band Blitz
  • Shadow Complex
  • Iron Brigade
  • Outland
I think that they won't give us another Halo game for free (Halo 3, just this month). Out of all the games you said, I would be glad with SSX.

Already own the other games you mentioned that I like.

Since MS converted their points over to currency, is tax charged whether codes are redeemed on either their site or the console?  I have a couple of points codes to redeem and I want to maximize the value of them.

I got zeno clash for .40 cents. I guess at that price ill get it. Add another game to the list incase I sell my xbox.

Is Walking Dead all 5 episodes, or just the 1st episode?

I already got all 5 through PSN+, wouldn't mind playing it again if it's all 5 episodes. However if it's just the 1st episode I don't want to be stuck with 200 gamerscore...

You still paid 99 cents lol. Credit is still considered cash, and you really don't need to tell people that you "paid" a smaller amount.
You still paid 99 cents lol. Credit is still considered cash, and you really don't need to tell people that you "paid" a smaller amount.
oh. thank you god.
I didnt know this was the eleventh commandment. Thou shall not tell people online that thou hast paid forith the goods of a lesser price then thou is listed.

No. Credit from free ms points is not cash. I "paid" 40 cents for the game. Thats like saying monopoly money is real. Suck it up buttercup.

oh. thank you god.
I didnt know this was the eleventh commandment. Thou shall not tell people online that thou hast paid forith the goods of a lesser price then thou is listed.

No. Credit from free ms points is not cash. I "paid" 40 cents for the game. Thats like saying monopoly money is real. Suck it up buttercup.
Just say you got it for $0.40 out of pocket then, that way no one is confused thinking it's somehow a different price.

Just say you got it for $0.40 out of pocket then, that way no one is confused thinking it's somehow a different price.
Yeah, now with the OP disorganized, it would be best if we keep all the info consistent without the dilution of out the pocket prices. Most of us amassed huge amounts of credit from you-know-when anyway, it would be chaotic if everybody started saying "I got the game for nothing".

no where in my post did I say zeno clash is now .40 and thats what I got it for.

I said I paid 40 cents for zeno clash because I used credit from free ms points that I got for free from bing.

I just looked back at your post, you said you "got" the game for 40 cents, which I would have interpreted as a hidden 59 cent discount that i would have wanted you to teach me :lol:

Actually, he said he got the game for ".40 cents" which would imply that he got the game for less than half a penny.

I'd pay him the full amount to just shut the fuck up.

so the minecraft $1 texture pack comes out tomorrow...anyone buying that?
Seriously considering it at the very least. I'm sure there will be a preview for it, so I'll tinker around before I decide. I like the plastic look. It's pretty simple and certainly better (in my opinion at least) than the texture from the Mass Effect mash-up. Looking forward to seeing what the Natural texture pack will look like as well. I know we won't get anything as cool looking as the PC textures, but this should be a nice change for those of us who mainly use the console version.

I hear zeno clash is cheap...

Does anyone know anything about it lol. One of those hey its dirt cheap so im going to buy it deals for me. Just taking up more hd room.

I think I like buying the games on a deal then actually playing these games.

Yeah, now with the OP disorganized, it would be best if we keep all the info consistent without the dilution of out the pocket prices. Most of us amassed huge amounts of credit from you-know-when anyway, it would be chaotic if everybody started saying "I got the game for nothing".
What's wrong with the OP? Sorry the old deals are still listed, but blame MS because they didn't actually deactivate the deals until sometime after 3pm today, so I haven't had the chance to remove them since I left work.

What's wrong with the OP? Sorry the old deals are still listed, but blame MS because they didn't actually deactivate the deals until sometime after 3pm today, so I haven't had the chance to remove them since I left work.
I thought you weren't doing this anymore?

For the time being I will.  Like I said I'm not just going to let it die until there is a suitable replacement.  I've PM'd my top choice about taking over the thread, but he hasn't responded yet (maybe he doesn't want to).

But I like CAG and am glad to still update the OP until a new thread leader can be found.

also hate it when people chime in on what they "paid" when it's really what they paid out of pocket after any gift cards or personal coupons used.  it's the same nonsense that GS employees spew when they tell you you qualify for a free preorder when you just trade things in.

back on topic, any better or additional sales on non US marketplaces?

For the time being I will. Like I said I'm not just going to let it die until there is a suitable replacement. I've PM'd my top choice about taking over the thread, but he hasn't responded yet (maybe he doesn't want to).

But I like CAG and am glad to still update the OP until a new thread leader can be found.
Are you not going to get a new xbox? You can always sell yours on craigslist to people who mod them

Can anyone speak as to how good (or bad) Tony Hawk HD is? I've heard mainly negative things myself, but I also wanted some general gamers' opinions.
I actually like Tony Hawk HD. I've played it a LOT.

The feel is not as off as some claim. I've enjoyed it quite a bit.

What I *haven't* enjoyed about it is that I dislike some of the original THPS levels. I didn't jump in the series until THPS2, and I'm finding that the THPS 1 levels kinda' suck to be honest, and I would have preferred a couple different THPS2 levels I guess. My lack of interest in some of the levels (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, MALL) has stopped me cold a few times.

Extremely excited to nab the Revert Pack though and get the three THPS3 levels. Airport has the one area with escalators and rails where you can combo for like half an hour at a time and is easily my favorite THPS level ever. Los Angeles is a great level too. I would have preferred Suburbs instead of Canada myself I guess, or the Cruise Ship level maybe.

The demo for Tony Hawk HD is kinda' terrible though. I played the demo and didn't like it, bit on the sale a few months ago for the full game though and haven't regretted it. Get it on sale, now though. I can't speak to how one would feel paying full price for it.

also hate it when people chime in on what they "paid" when it's really what they paid out of pocket after any gift cards or personal coupons used. it's the same nonsense that GS employees spew when they tell you you qualify for a free preorder when you just trade things in.

back on topic, any better or additional sales on non US marketplaces?
Stay away from non US marketplace, bad juju

Realistic (boring) guesses:

• Gears of War 2
  • Arkham Asylum
  • Bioshock
  • Trials HD
  • Gotham City Imposters
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Geometry Wars 2
Wishful Thinking

• Viva Pinata 2
  • Halo Wars
  • SSX
  • Dead Island
  • Rock Band Blitz
  • Shadow Complex
  • Iron Brigade
  • Outland
I must be easy, I would be fine with most combos out of the top list even. Shoot, you actually convinced me to not nab Geometry Wars 2 on sale this week because you're right: it's a prime candidate for a GWG game.

Rock Band: Blitz actually also strikes me as the type of game that will come up (because DLC, that's why).

SSX would be awfully generous.

Torchlight for GWG would be grand, and a fun stab at Diablo III. Except I don't think they ever intend on bringing Torchlight II over, so little motivation for them to,

Are you not going to get a new xbox? You can always sell yours on craigslist to people who mod them
No, I'm pretty much done with Xbox. I probably have close to 100 XBLA games still downloaded on my hard drive, so I'd like to get through some of them. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep that in mind when I do decide to sell my console.

Back in the day I rented Skate or Die and was underwhelmed. As an adult, what's the appeal of skateboarding games? I mean, I could go to the store, and have at it if so inclined, right? So why play a video game of it instead?

Back in the day I rented Skate or Die and was underwhelmed. As an adult, what's the appeal of skateboarding games? I mean, I could go to the store, and have at it if so inclined, right? So why play a video game of it instead?

Well look at how many people play Madden and FIFA...

Anyone? Bueller?
Hey neo,

Since no one has answered yet, I'll give you a partial answer and hope that someone else takes it from there.

From what I've read and seen, as I understand it, any points you were given as of the changeover, those specific points are NOT taxed. Anything after that, whether it be points you redeem, rewards points, etc, are charged tax. Now, I don't have experience on this, but I believe I remember someone saying they were only charged tax on the portion of points that were redeemed afterwards, but not on other points considered nontaxable for a purchase, but I don't remember for sure.

Again, I hope you find this helpful, and if not, hopefully someone else will jump in and correct me and/or add to what I've stated.

Thanks for the response.  I have 2 unredeemed codes and I didn't know if they will be taxed regardless of where I enter them since it's past the changeover date.

No problem!  I lurk a lot, just checking the deals, but I saw you weren't getting an answer, so I thought I would respond with the info I had seen.  Hopefully someone else can come in and confirm or deny.

Hey neo,

Since no one has answered yet, I'll give you a partial answer and hope that someone else takes it from there.

From what I've read and seen, as I understand it, any points you were given as of the changeover, those specific points are NOT taxed. Anything after that, whether it be points you redeem, rewards points, etc, are charged tax. Now, I don't have experience on this, but I believe I remember someone saying they were only charged tax on the portion of points that were redeemed afterwards, but not on other points considered nontaxable for a purchase, but I don't remember for sure.

Again, I hope you find this helpful, and if not, hopefully someone else will jump in and correct me and/or add to what I've stated.
This is how it's supposed to work as per Microsoft's official posted policy. However, thus far all of my purchases made with converted points have been taxed. So I was taxed on the point cards when I purchased them, and then again on the purchases made with those converted points. That's not how it's supposed to work, but it's also not worth my time to complain over a few bucks.

True, but I can't exactly drive down the road and become an NFL coach.

I'd like to see the people that play skateboarding games jump up and start doing 720s off rooftops and grinding on powerlines ;)

No, I'm pretty much done with Xbox. I probably have close to 100 XBLA games still downloaded on my hard drive, so I'd like to get through some of them. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep that in mind when I do decide to sell my console.
Astonishingly, as much as I've loved Xbox 360, including the year I spent as a contractor within Xbox Live Operations, there's just so little reason for me to pick up the XbONE. I won't go into specific reasons/observations, except to say that the "Xbox One" & its infrastructure are not a platform for me.

As cheapasses, what are we going to do when it comes to games on the xbOne? When is the first deal if the week going to show up? Are we going to pay full price for digital? Despite all the riffraff going on lately I'm still going all digital next gen. As a cheapass, it may help me collect games at a slower rate making my backlog more limited. At launch I'm picking up Ryse, then dead rising 3 when I've FINISHED Ryse, then go from there.

This is how it's supposed to work as per Microsoft's official posted policy. However, thus far all of my purchases made with converted points have been taxed. So I was taxed on the point cards when I purchased them, and then again on the purchases made with those converted points. That's not how it's supposed to work, but it's also not worth my time to complain over a few bucks.
Meanwhile I keep reloading points into my account by buying where places still sell points, and all of my console purchases have been tax-free since the conversion. Granted my account is in the US migrated to Canada so I don't know, but I dig spending $49.99 US to get $58 CDN, and then have all the same prices on the Marketplace and have them tax-free.

Btw where are you buying points to be taxed at purchase? I buy the majority of my points from Walmart and Best Buy and have never been taxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back