XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Astonishingly, as much as I've loved Xbox 360, including the year I spent as a contractor within Xbox Live Operations, there's just so little reason for me to pick up the XbONE. I won't go into specific reasons/observations, except to say that the "Xbox One" & its infrastructure are not a platform for me.

ELABORATE ESPECIALLY ON THOSE CONTRACTOR YEARS AS WELL

Meanwhile I keep reloading points into my account by buying where places still sell points, and all of my console purchases have been tax-free since the conversion. Granted my account is in the US migrated to Canada so I don't know, but I dig spending $49.99 US to get $58 CDN, and then have all the same prices on the Marketplace and have them tax-free.
Just curious, are you (and your console) physically in Canada?

As cheapasses, what are we going to do when it comes to games on the xbOne? When is the first deal if the week going to show up? Are we going to pay full price for digital? Despite all the riffraff going on lately I'm still going all digital next gen. As a cheapass, it may help me collect games at a slower rate making my backlog more limited. At launch I'm picking up Ryse, then dead rising 3 when I've FINISHED Ryse, then go from there.
One of the many non-cheapass things about buying next gen consoles at or near launch is that you get to pay full price (or near full price) for all your games. Since there's such a small selection to choose from (especially since neither console is launching with any sort of backwards compatibility) game prices won't be dropping much at all. I'd say it will take 4-6 months until there's any sort of DotW on Xbox One.

Btw where are you buying points to be taxed at purchase? I buy the majority of my points from Walmart and Best Buy and have never been taxed.
My purchases of points from the MS online store were taxed. Most other points purchases from B&M or online stores were not taxed.

As cheapasses, what are we going to do when it comes to games on the xbOne? When is the first deal if the week going to show up? Are we going to pay full price for digital? Despite all the riffraff going on lately I'm still going all digital next gen. As a cheapass, it may help me collect games at a slower rate making my backlog more limited. At launch I'm picking up Ryse, then dead rising 3 when I've FINISHED Ryse, then go from there.
My partial solution was to buy a ton of those discounted MS points, which I will use to buy digital Xbox One games. I have enough to get through the first couple years of the console, especially if I'm selective about purchases.

I think I'll probably end up with Vigilante 8 and Minigolf. I love cheap games!
V8 was one of my favorites during the ps1 era. Probably my friends and I's favorite multi-player game. Still kinda on the fence. Mainly because I was getting embarrassed in the demo.

Decided against Assault Heroes or whatever it's called. It's so old, should be free or $1.

Played Clash of Heroes for almost 3 hours last night. It's kinda fun, but extremely time consuming. The puzzle influence leads to a lot of "chance." Get it if you like strategy games, but don't get it as a puzzle game imo.

With Halo 3 nailed down, that leaves 4 more Games With Gold, correct? Any mad, rampant speculation on what those might be yet? I'll be quite happy if even 2 of the 4 are decent.
My guesses:

- Uno Rush

- Call of Duty: Black Ops (the first one)

- Spelunky

- Dance Central

I'm thinking they need at least one game that showcases Kinect in there.

No, I'm pretty much done with Xbox. I probably have close to 100 XBLA games still downloaded on my hard drive, so I'd like to get through some of them. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep that in mind when I do decide to sell my console.
Wow, does that mean you're upset with the way MS rolled out the XB1, and are skipping it? I certainly was (and I'm skipping the XB1), and the 360 was my favorite console for this generation (but I do have PS3s and like them too). I really can't stand gimmicks, and the fact that MS forces Kinect on everyone really put me off. The whole online-only DRM fiasco was also a huge problem for me, put the final nail in that coffin.

BTW thanks for all the time you put into these threads on CAG, I've really enjoyed them!

Wow, does that mean you're upset with the way MS rolled out the XB1, and are skipping it? I certainly was (and I'm skipping the XB1), and the 360 was my favorite console for this generation (but I do have PS3s and like them too). I really can't stand gimmicks, and the fact that MS forces Kinect on everyone really put me off.
No. Their initial presentation of the Xbox One was definitely off-putting for me, there's no doubt about that. I've been more of a Sony guy the last 2 years anyway (I feel like their customer outreach and satisfaction programs are WAY better, but this isn't the place to discuss that) so Xbox One was never high on my wants list. But after they did their 180's I figured I'd grab one at some point down the line. But now that I got my Xbox Live account banned and can't carry it over to the next generation, there's really no reason for me to stick with them. Or want to support them.

No. Their initial presentation of the Xbox One was definitely off-putting for me, there's no doubt about that. I've been more of a Sony guy the last 2 years anyway (I feel like their customer outreach and satisfaction programs are WAY better, but this isn't the place to discuss that) so Xbox One was never high on my wants list. But after they did their 180's I figured I'd grab one at some point down the line. But now that I got my Xbox Live account banned and can't carry it over to the next generation, there's really no reason for me to stick with them. Or want to support them.
Wow, so sorry to hear that, unbelievable! I always assumed you were a big supporter of MS, can't believe they'd ban your account, that totally sucks. I'd feel the same way if I were you. But I really don't care for the whole XB1 direction, so it's easy to just skip it for this generation; backlog is huge anyway!

Wow, so sorry to hear that, unbelievable! I always assumed you were a big supporter of MS, can't believe they'd ban your account, that totally sucks. I'd feel the same way if I were you. But I really don't care for the whole XB1 direction, so it's easy to just skip it for this generation; backlog is huge anyway!
I've definitely been a pretty big MS supporter in the past, especially XBLA where I had over 200 games. The account ban sucks, but I'm not trying to plead innocence in the case either. I'm not sure I deserved a permanent account ban, but I did break the rules.

Also, yeah, I have a huge backlog as well. I'm not getting a PS4 at launch either just because of my backlog.

I'm sitting on $60 worth of MS points and I haven't found poop that was worth buying that I couldn't get cheaper in physical form.
I'm in the same boat as you. I had like $100 worth back from that MS points fiasco (where essentially 1200MSP cost $5). Unfortunately the sales have been so bad, they almost neutralize the fact that I got my points so cheap. I think I probably still have like $80 out of that $100.

At some point soon, I'm probably going to blow through them. Just because I want to be done with my 360 for good.

War for Cybertron for $10 is a pretty good deal, so I'll probably jump on that one.

Can anyone speak as to how good (or bad) Tony Hawk HD is? I've heard mainly negative things myself, but I also wanted some general gamers' opinions.
It's a terrible remake and a terrible value, even at $8.

For that much, you could own both THPS1 and THPS2 on the Dreamcast, which are the definitive versions of those two games.

Or if you don't own a Dreamcast, you can pick up THPS2X and THPS3 for the original Xbox, as both are backwards compatible with the Xbox 360.

Either solution is much better than supporting Robomodo's broken, half-ass conversion of a formerly great game.

For that much, you could own both THPS1 and THPS2 on the Dreamcast, which are the definitive versions of those two games.

Or if you don't own a Dreamcast, you can pick up THPS2X and THPS3 for the original Xbox, as both are backwards compatible with the Xbox 360.
Well, THPS1 is great in that it was the first of the series I guess, but... the levels are very, very weak compared to 2 and 3 IMHO.

Also let's clarify something: the 360 *can* play 2x and 3, BUT.... you can't have your 360 in HD mode. You have manually set the resolution down to 480 SD, at least for THPS3. For me this was a deal-breaker. I could play THPS3 all day but... I'm not continually going to change the res and def on my console to flip back and forth to other games.

So yes, you CAN play them, but no... not in any kind of easy, simple way.

Thus why they released the HD remake. So don't go pick up THPS3 used from Gamestop expecting it to just magically work on your 360 without some doing.

I honestly didn't hate the Tony Hawk remake as much as everyone around here. It's not quite as tight as you remember it, but it is still fun and good for those who have a lot of nostalgia for the first few games (who doesn't?). I'd recommend it for the sale price.

I should have been paying more attention here. So apparently when the damn purchase page doesn't show you your balance now and you click on the purchase button to actually see it. When you get to the page that tells you, B button is not cancel like it is everywhere else....no it's then confirm.

Fabulous microsoft....really fabulous.

Also, tyler, I though people were getting console bans and not account bans? Was yours different or did I just hear wrong?

Also, tyler, I though people were getting console bans and not account bans? Was yours different or did I just hear wrong?
Mine was different, I was got both for some reason. But most people reporting only got console banned. Not sure why I got both, I did play a few minutes of Injustice on my main account so maybe that was enough for them to also justify an account ban.

Also let's clarify something: the 360 *can* play 2x and 3, BUT.... you can't have your 360 in HD mode. You have manually set the resolution down to 480 SD, at least for THPS3. For me this was a deal-breaker. I could play THPS3 all day but... I'm not continually going to change the res and def on my console to flip back and forth to other games.
Huh, I'm able to play THPS2x and 4 without having to change anything on my console. I recently bought 3 but haven't played it on the 360 yet. Still, great games.

I should have been paying more attention here. So apparently when the damn purchase page doesn't show you your balance now and you click on the purchase button to actually see it. When you get to the page that tells you, B button is not cancel like it is everywhere else....no it's then confirm.

What game u bought by accident? Kinectimels???

Just admit you bought Girl Fight on purpose.

I do have a Dreamcast, I'm a little bit of a fan ;)  and always toyed with at least getting THPS2 for it. I may just do that eventually. The lack of 1080p isn't that big of a deal for me since I use the VGA box anyway.

Sidenote, THPS2X was the first game I bought with my Xbox at launch. I played the hell out of it!

The one problem with THPS2X is that it's basically running on what would become THPS3's physics engine. So the jumps feel a lot floatier and the grinds are a lot easier than they were in the original THPS1/THPS2 games. 

For those reasons, I still believe the original Dreamcast versions are definitive. And the Dreamcast THPS games support VGA, so you can run them in 480p, too.

What game u bought by accident? Kinectimels???
Nah it was just Zeno Clash. The problem is the card I use has no funds on it. So I'm waiting to see what microsoft does. I added funds after the fact but oddly, when I did they insisted I still had like .74 cents. So I have no idea what's going on. It's like they really want to charge people's cards since the changeover. Getting pretty tired of their nonsense though.

Is Terreria worth it on consoles? Heard the controls were kind of strange.
They are a little strange at first, but stick with it at least until the end of the tutorial. I always read about how people quit after they mine a little bit in the tutorial and they say how inaccurate it is. That's because they didn't stick with it long enough to learn about precision controls.

Yeah, I was brand new to Terraria when I played it on consoles.  The tutorial wasn't extremely helpful.  But I'd say stick with the game a little bit beyond the tutorial and see if you can't get into it.  I did use the internet a few times to see exactly how to do things, don't be afraid to do that a little bit if you're stuck or confused about something.  (For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to sleep to pass the nights.  I tried everything and was getting frustrated.  So I finally decided to give up and check how to do it online.  Turns out you can't, which kinda sucks, but at least it answered my questions and I could stop dinking around with beds and work on something else instead.)

Just curious, are you (and your console) physically in Canada?
Nope. I have to VPN for the IP-locked stuff. :) Can't wait to migrate back to the US a month from now, and then scoop up any holiday deals, and then migrate to Japan to get the Japanese exclusive XBLA games and some region-free GoD games like the shooters and fighters over there after the holidays.

Has anyone played Hydrophobia? Does Dragon's Lair hold up well (or is it just as frustrating as the original stand up game that ate thousands of my quarters to never get past the first scene)?

...And why the hell is NASCAR: Inside Line still $60 regular??? The MSRP ought to be $30 by now, not the sale price... Geez.

Has anyone played Hydrophobia? Does Dragon's Lair hold up well (or is it just as frustrating as the original stand up game that ate thousands of my quarters to never get past the first scene)?
Yup the game is just as frustrating as it was back then.
Dragon's Lair is easy!! It has a mode where you see which movement you have to do in order to advance. It also has the classic game mode, without tips, but once you've beaten it twice or thrice with them you should be able to do it.

I'd love to see Space Ace as a xbla, but I guess that they won't port it.

Dragon's Lair is easy!! It has a mode where you see which movement you have to do in order to advance. It also has the classic game mode, without tips, but once you've beaten it twice or thrice with them you should be able to do it.

I'd love to see Space Ace as a xbla, but I guess that they won't port it.
If you can find it, and have a Wii, get that version. Has Dragon's Lair I and II and Space Ace.

Anyone think you can get the gold prices/free games this weekend with the "free weekend of xbox live gold"

Or does the "gold weekend" only mean access to games online and netflix?

Ive been wanting to hold off on renewing my live till xbox 1 comes out, but also want clash of heroes free 

Anyone think you can get the gold prices/free games this weekend with the "free weekend of xbox live gold"

Ive been wanting to hold off on renewing my live till xbox 1 comes out, but also want clash of heroes free
wait till the 15th. then you could get three games for only using one month.

wait till the 15th. then you could get three games for only using one month.

...And why the hell is NASCAR: Inside Line still $60 regular??? The MSRP ought to be $30 by now, not the sale price... Geez.
Guessing: It's the last NASCAR game the 360's going to get, and thus there's no good reason to drop the price. (I'd guess catering to NASCAR fans isn't exactly high on XBL's list, too.)

Guessing: It's the last NASCAR game the 360's going to get, and thus there's no good reason to drop the price. (I'd guess catering to NASCAR fans isn't exactly high on XBL's list, too.)
Oh God, can you imagine how long NCAA Football 14 is going to sit at $60 now?

Has anyone played Hydrophobia?
Yeah, it has some nice water physics (which is pretty much the whole gimmick), and overall the gameplay use of it is good. The game is fairly short and just kind of ends, really it feels unfinished, but it's not bad for such a low price. They even did a big overhaul of the game a while after it came out based on feedback, but I don't think they'll ever continue the story. It's got some collectible stuff to add to replayability.

I'd say $5 max is the worth of the game, which they dropped the base price to after it tanked, and the $2.50 price gives you a decent bang for your buck. It does go on sale a lot on both XBLA and PSN if you aren't sure about it now, so you'll probably have another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back