XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing personal, but it's been mentioned at least once a day for the past couple of days (if not more) already. No, free weekends (and free trials) do not give you access to Gold sale prices/free stuff.

Edit:

AND it's stated in the OP. 2nd and 3rd questions. smh
Yet the gold sale prices do work with the free weekend/trial

Just not the free game of the month

Really?  I was always under the impression you don't get the gold sale prices.

If that's no longer true then the OP needs to be updated, quoted here:

"...neither a 48hr GOLD trial nor free GOLD weekends will give you the FREE price or access to the sales. You must either be a paying Individual/Family subscriber or within a console-activated "1 month complimentary GOLD trial" account...."

I'm always looking for more CAG's to play with online. Way more enjoyable that way. Anyone feel free to add and I'll do the same. Currently running around GTA Online (when it's up)

Gamertag is Greendale CC if anyone wants to add me.

I know THPS has been talked about a little, but I am still on the fence. Damn my indecision!

Gamertag is Greendale CC if anyone wants to add me.

I know THPS has been talked about a little, but I am still on the fence. Damn my indecision!
Normally, I'd suggest to try the demo, but the demo is hideously short. Honest opinion, if it weren't listed as THPS game, this would be a decent game. If you expect the same level of quality as the original games, then you'll be disappointed a bit. It's a decent enough price to take a chance if you want a casual skating game with some nostalgia factor.

You are probably just looking at the Activision sale because Zeno Clash is still $10 on my Xbox.
Same here, it's $9.99 for my silver account. Got excited for a second since I have $1.50 on that account.

Also I can't wait for next gen because the Battlefield 4 beta looks like crap on current gen online so far lol.

Thinking about THPS. Haven't played a TH game in a long time. The last one I remember really enjoying was American Wasteland. Looked it up using Bing on Xbox. I don't remember the graphics being that bad and there's a picture from the Playstation version lol.

EDIT: Trial was rough, but bought it anyways. After a few attempts at the first level, I was very happy that I did. It was so long since last playing a TH game that it felt strange at first. Quickly starts feeling natural.

Yea im an achievement whore wont sugar coat it but im always up for some online hijinks feel free to add me . Also somebody sell me on Terraira . I was meh doing the demo but people seem to dig it.

I'm liking Terraria despite how little I've accomplished so far. The couple of bosses I discovered destroyed me and my shoddy equipment. This is not a game that holds your hand. You're given little to no direction, so it can be surprising just how much there is to do. It's definitely a timesink.

Oh and if this is relevant, it has full spitscreen co op despite the description. You can never trust those things.

If you have anyone to play with, don't think about it just buy it. If you're going in alone, check out a let's play and see if it tickles your fancy.

Hmm, nothing for me this week, although I only have like 0.30 right now in XBL Doodleberry Money and they don't let me use my credit card still since the 1200 pts for $5 incident so I would have to go buy a points card to buy anything...

Guess I'll just keep playing Battleblock Theater and Diablo III.

Free Gold weekend gives everyone access to 'WSOP: Full House Pro', 'Happy Wars' and 'Spartacus'. Haven't tried Ascend yet, but it probably works. The games normally require Gold to even be able to play them offline.

I just thought I'd chime in on this month's 1st GWG. Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is proving to be loads of fun. I haven't even touched campaign mode much as my son and I have been battling it out relentlessly. There are plenty of unlocks through campaign (and online mp I believe) that we haven't even bothered with yet. The battle style isn't my 1st choice, but for whatever reason, I just had to give this game a fair shot. We have had lots of laughs and, "Yusss! Eat it!!!" moments.  The game offers quite a bit of variety in battle strategies/units. In fact, I'm usually the type that finds a particular class and plays it to death often skipping other classes/chars. altogether. Such is not the case here. My favorite thing is 'randomly' selecting everything, and adapting on the battlefield each match (there is no random option; just blindly selecting off of mashing analog stick around).

The deals over the last couple weeks have been pretty decent. I would've liked to grab both Zeno Clash games among others, but I have them on Steam. Thanks to everybody here on CAG I've been able to build quite a library for my 360, and I've been working on Steam for a Christmas build w/ my son. This community has helped make the journey incredibly cheap. Hats off ladies and gentlemen!!

Normally, I'd suggest to try the demo, but the demo is hideously short. Honest opinion, if it weren't listed as THPS game, this would be a decent game. If you expect the same level of quality as the original games, then you'll be disappointed a bit. It's a decent enough price to take a chance if you want a casual skating game with some nostalgia factor.
Just get the PS1 versions for cheap on eBay or something and play them on PS3. It won't look perfect but all the feels will be intact.

Has anyone had any luck being refunded? My rep escalated it to someone higher. She said they can't refund tax, I explained that I was taxed twice and linked the FAQ.
Just so you know if you have added MSP after the conversion and this is your first purchase. You might be getting taxed for the points added only. Once you use those and are back to the ones that had been on your account you will stop being charged tax. Sorry if that sounds confusing.

No I understand. I did add points, but I could of sworn they said it would use the old points first.

Also what about people who buy map packs from gamestop are they getting the tax for that pack as well or just the generic 9.99 and needing more money when they go to purchase it?

No I understand. I did add points, but I could of sworn they said it would use the old points first.
Just to answer this question from my own experience you are charged tax on the newer added points first. Then once you use those and are back to the original points already on the account you will stop being charged tax. I was charged tax on my first purchase and part of my second. My third time I wasnt charged tax at all. I haven't bought anything else since then though.

Not sure if that is how they officially announced it to be but that is how it is working for me. Hope that helps and this is how it is working for others.

. Also somebody sell me on Terraira . I was meh doing the demo but people seem to dig it.
Nothing to sell you on if you dislike the demo. It's a pretty accurate description of the game except that the game world gets HUGE. Terraria is like Minecraft but with a bit more focus since there are bosses and such to work towards which is why I prefer it.

Nothing to sell you on if you dislike the demo. It's a pretty accurate description of the game except that the game world gets HUGE. Terraria is like Minecraft but with a bit more focus since there are bosses and such to work towards which is why I prefer it.
Terraria is an absolutely fantastic game! I have over 150 hours in and still discovering new stuff all the time (playing on PC but I do own it on PS3, 360, and will get the Vita version when it comes out). It did start out a little slow, and I died a lot in the beginning due to a weak character, but over time my character has gotten much stronger (better armor, weapons, and buffs) and its great now.

FYI the PC version just got a (HUGE) update, version 1.2, and when I first signed in after the Steam update, almost everything had changed in different (and cool) ways! New music, enhanced backgrounds, better colors for blocks, new (and existing improved) characters, just amazing!

Also, Terraria 2 has been confirmed to be in the works, and Starbound is another Terraria Sequel that is coming to PS4 and PC in the future. Great stuff!

Just get the PS1 versions for cheap on eBay or something and play them on PS3. It won't look perfect but all the feels will be intact.
A truly genius suggestion to Xbox gamers in an Xbox deals thread, in the XBox forum.

*roll eyes*

I just finally gave up on M&M: Clash of Heroes.  I like the rest of the game, I do.  But the combat system is just AWWWWWFUL and spending more time with it did nothing to change my view on it.  Disappointing, for sure.

I can't wrap my mind around how anyone ever thought that combat system was a good idea.

Best Buy has SanDisk Cruzer 32GB USB Drives for $14.99 this week. 

Does anyone know of any better deals before I pull the trigger? 

I need a couple more at least, thanks to the Xbox HDD limitations. 

I just finally gave up on M&M: Clash of Heroes. I like the rest of the game, I do. But the combat system is just AWWWWWFUL and spending more time with it did nothing to change my view on it. Disappointing, for sure.

I can't wrap my mind around how anyone ever thought that combat system was a good idea.
I actually kinda like it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Hmmm, I might try to find a way to make that happen. How well do the games play off a USB stick, is performance really degraded any? I maybe should just get one and put all the GWG games I've collected onto it and be done with it.

Hmmm, I might try to find a way to make that happen. How well do the games play off a USB stick, is performance really degraded any? I maybe should just get one and put all the GWG games I've collected onto it and be done with it.
All of my games play just fine from the USB Drives, all SanDisk Cruzers.

I tried to order two, but BB only allows one per order, so I placed two orders.

Why do they make us jump through these hoops? I hate Best Buy, but Amazon hasn't price-matched.

Personally I think the Cruzer Fit is a better flash drive for the 360, very low profile and wouldn't stick out of the console and risk being damaged like the one you linked. The Fit is 23.34 on Amazon, a few bucks more but seems like a better option for the 360:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Flash-Drive-SDCZ33-032G-B35/dp/B00812F7O8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381162302&sr=8-1&keywords=cruzer+fit

Only thing I'm not sure about is if the Fit is much slower than other flash drives.

Downloaded clash of heroes. way too large and took too long for it and while its different from other srpgs different doesn't = good. 

Personally I think the Cruzer Fit is a better flash drive for the 360, very low profile and wouldn't stick out of the console and risk being damaged like the one you linked. The Fit is 23.34 on Amazon, a few bucks more but seems like a better option for the 360:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Flash-Drive-SDCZ33-032G-B35/dp/B00812F7O8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381162302&sr=8-1&keywords=cruzer+fit

Only thing I'm not sure about is if the Fit is much slower than other flash drives.
I have an Elite model Xbox, and swap out the USB drives regularly. I tried that model but it requires removing the faceplate and grabbing some needle-nose pliers when I need to swap drives.

For others it may work fine, but not for my needs.

Not that there is any point in selling people on a free game, but Might and Magic is a puzzle game first and foremost. Developed by the same people who made Critter Crunch (it plays similarly to it, too). I thought it was a really, really fun when I played it a few years ago. I feel like people complaining about the "combat" were just expecting the wrong thing.

I hated Might and Magic. Wound up being one of the few games I actually deleted off my hard drive.

I also have used SanDisk Cruzers and have had no issues whatever. I usually just buy whats on sale as I already have over 15 flash drives filled up and just hate spending more money on them. Have tried like 5 different brands and have never had issues with any of them. I really cant wait until the XBox One gets here and saying goodbye to the days of buying flash drives. If there was one area where MS failed horribly this generation it was definitely in regards to storage. Its been just one big pain in the a*s for the last 2 years and it wound up costing me a good deal of money. Actually, wether or not I purchased an XBox One hinged on one thing and one thing only, wether MS allowed USB 3.0 storage this time around. If they hadn't, I would have gone the PS4 route. Thankfully they came to their senses. Better late that never I guess. 

If they keep the rosters updated then the price will stay up. If they do not, the price will go down. The big difference between NCAA and Nascar games is that NCAA gets a ton of new players every year, whereas Nascar doesn't get hundreds of new drivers every year.
NCAA Basketball 10 (released in Nov. 09) still sells for $40-$50 used.

Terraria is an absolutely fantastic game! I have over 150 hours in and still discovering new stuff all the time (playing on PC but I do own it on PS3, 360, and will get the Vita version when it comes out). It did start out a little slow, and I died a lot in the beginning due to a weak character, but over time my character has gotten much stronger (better armor, weapons, and buffs) and its great now.

FYI the PC version just got a (HUGE) update, version 1.2, and when I first signed in after the Steam update, almost everything had changed in different (and cool) ways! New music, enhanced backgrounds, better colors for blocks, new (and existing improved) characters, just amazing!

Also, Terraria 2 has been confirmed to be in the works, and Starbound is another Terraria Sequel that is coming to PS4 and PC in the future. Great stuff!
Yeah, Terraria is a great game. I have over 200 hours myself and finally got a bit bored with it. I am sure I will go back to it eventually. Its a shame they don't add more content to that game. You would think with the user base that it would be well worth the investment. The one weak part I had with it is there is no story. Imagine if a company like Spiderweb Software did a full fledged RPG stye game, story and all, in the style of Terraria. I am not sure I would ever stop playing it. I have no doubt it would become one of my all time favorite games. I am really hoping with all the Indie developers out there, that someone will attempt something like that some day. One can hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back