XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to purchase UMvC3 with the value pack and the additional characters... but not for that price (14,99+2,39+2,39+6,45=26,22€ Granted, it's a complete game, but even so, it's too much). I don't know if I should get the DLC now that it's cheap and wait for a sale on the main game? Hmmm

Thanks Gogomo.  I actually just tried this too (right before posting)  On the final confirmation screen it lists only my paypal.  So I attempted to change payment options but it still did not give me a current point/dollar balance.

Thanks Gogomo. I actually just tried this too (right before posting) On the final confirmation screen it lists only my paypal. So I attempted to change payment options but it still did not give me a current point/dollar balance.
Oh. Sorry I wasn't much help then. I don't have anything linked to my account so I don't know how to switch views. Didn't even know you could link a Paypal. Lol.

Edit: someone should put louiedog's link in the OP somewhere to make it easier for people to check their balances.

I want to purchase UMvC3 with the value pack and the additional characters... but not for that price (14,99+2,39+2,39+6,45=26,22€ Granted, it's a complete game, but even so, it's too much). I don't know if I should get the DLC now that it's cheap and wait for a sale on the main game? Hmmm
Skip the the DLC characters if you're tight on funds, unless you have a specific reason for getting them (you're really looking to play one of them, or you know someone IRL who's likely to come over who plays one of them, or you're planning on getting 1000/1000 and want to make it a little easier). Odds are that if you buy them, you'll never use them.

Skip the the DLC characters if you're tight on funds, unless you have a specific reason for getting them (you're really looking to play one of them, or you know someone IRL who's likely to come over who plays one of them, or you're planning on getting 1000/1000 and want to make it a little easier). Odds are that if you buy them, you'll never use them.
I always tend to use all the characters in fighting games, I don't like to stick with one or two. I'd prefer getting the two characters instead of the costumes (but it's 66% off, so it has preference). I think I'll wait for the game to reach the 800MSP ($10) point mark. But thanks for the advice dude.

Is there any chance of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Red Dead Redemption coming to Steam? I've thought about checking those out, but am more interested in getting them on Steam for future compatibility purposes.
IMO RDR is very much a possibility of being ported before its sequel (?) gets released at some point. UMVC3, i guess that's a little less likely, but, Capcom has been porting looots of games to PC, specifically somewhat older ones from this gen lately. And fighting game releases on steam have really been picking up....momemtium in the past few months.

This is all 100% pure speculation, but i'd say it's more likely than not that both of them get ported 'eventually'

UMvC3 hovered around $20 forever, only recently starting to hit the $15 mark. It was $9.99 (or $10.99?) in the recent Microsoft Store sale which is the cheapest it's ever been. Part of the reason it's seeing a slow drop is probably because there wasn't a bulk of it released like the vanilla version due to subpar sales. On the other hand, for DLC - this is the cheapest the value pack has ever been as well as it was 800 msp when it was on sale a month ago, while the DLC characters have been on sale 3-4 times at this price point.

Oh. Sorry I wasn't much help then. I don't have anything linked to my account so I don't know how to switch views. Didn't even know you could link a Paypal. Lol.

Edit: someone should put louiedog's link in the OP somewhere to make it easier for people to check their balances.
I can't imagine that this will be a long term issue, not having our account balances somewhere on the Xbox webstore seems like a huge oversite that should be fixed relatively soon.

Hey, for some reason I can suddenly no longer purchase stuff with my converted points online. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: purchase items from the website to my xbox

Good price for Midnight Club but I'll avoid this one because of the cop chases. Same reason I avoided Most Wanted.

Picked up Bully, for 3.75 I can't say no!

Hey, for some reason I can suddenly no longer purchase stuff with my converted points online. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: purchase items from the website to my xbox
Same for me. Forced me to use my credit card to buy Bully on live.xbox.com, even though I've got like $30 or something on my account. I figure it's just a temporary issue with the changeover from points to cash.

Same for me. Forced me to use my credit card to buy Bully on live.xbox.com, even though I've got like $30 or something on my account. I figure it's just a temporary issue with the changeover from points to cash.
I may just call up Microsoft during my lunch break and try to get to the bottom of it. I can wait 'till I get home to make a purchase, but the convenience of doing that from work is nice.

edit: sorry for the double post. Unsure why it happened

UMvC3 hovered around $20 forever, only recently starting to hit the $15 mark. It was $9.99 (or $10.99?) in the recent Microsoft Store sale which is the cheapest it's ever been. Part of the reason it's seeing a slow drop is probably because there wasn't a bulk of it released like the vanilla version due to subpar sales. On the other hand, for DLC - this is the cheapest the value pack has ever been as well as it was 800 msp when it was on sale a month ago, while the DLC characters have been on sale 3-4 times at this price point.
Funny thing was I bought JIll/Shuma last month but didn't pull the trigger on the costumes - at this price, what the hell.

Good price for Midnight Club but I'll avoid this one because of the cop chases. Same reason I avoided Most Wanted.

Picked up Bully, for 3.75 I can't say no!
You don't have to run from the cops, if that's a moral issue for you. Granted, you will lose the race if you stop and pull over, but it's not as tho the game forces you to break the law.

You don't have to run from the cops, if that's a moral issue for you. Granted, you will lose the race if you stop and pull over, but it's not as tho the game forces you to break the law.
Maybe he... you know... just doesn't think they're fun. :lol: Can't tell how sarcastic you were being.

Is there much in Max Payne 3 that requires you to have played the first two? I played some of the first game a long time ago but never finished it (yes, I hang my head in shame).

Also curious, it's only 5 days away, still no confirmation of what the games with gold with be for September?
Hmm...probably not a whole lot that requires playing and beating the earlier games, but I think it helps you feel a bit more about what's going on with the character and why he is the way he is. Max Payne 1 is one of my favorites of all time, MP2 was still really good. MP3 was far and away the weakest of the three, but I'm not a big Rockstar fan, and after the first 2 were developed by Remedy, earth's greatest dev, the tone of the game was much different, and an overall downgrade. Still though, for $10...it's worth a purchase.

Look at all these great rockstar games... that I can't buy.
Walmart's out of MSP cards :(

Look at all these great rockstar games... that I can't buy.
Walmart's out of MSP cards :(
If only you can go to other store's to get them or if only Amazon, Best Buy or even Microsoft had a way to purchase them immediately online. Sadly we don't live in the super future.

Debating on "Max Payne 3." But I could hold off for a "Buy 2 Get 1" at a brick and mortar. Definitly picking up the UMvC 3 costume pack. Just waiting for the upcoming "TMNT: Out of the Shadows" and "Castlevania: Mirror of Fate."

I found the checkpoints in Max Payne 3 too frustrating and eventually just put it down in favor of other games. If you're like me and just like to unwind when you play games, you might find this game frustrating as well.

I always tend to use all the characters in fighting games, I don't like to stick with one or two. I'd prefer getting the two characters instead of the costumes (but it's 66% off, so it has preference). I think I'll wait for the game to reach the 800MSP ($10) point mark. But thanks for the advice dude.
Eh, you wouldn't be missing two characters from the full roster. Trust me on this.

Incidentally, there's a negative chance that Marvel's ever going to sign off on a PC port of UMvC3. Licensing issues are already stopping Capcom from patching the game.

Eh, you wouldn't be missing two characters from the full roster. Trust me on this.

Incidentally, there's a negative chance that Marvel's ever going to sign off on a PC port of UMvC3. Licensing issues are already stopping Capcom from patching the game.
Maybe it's stopping a full update like Ultimate or something, but I really doubt losing the Marvel license makes them unable to do normal patches. At worst they can't make any more DLC. It's just typical Capcom bullshit.

If only you can go to other store's to get them or if only Amazon, Best Buy or even Microsoft had a way to purchase them immediately online. Sadly we don't live in the super future.
Sadly we don't live in a time where you aren't obnoxious for no reason either.

I found the checkpoints in Max Payne 3 too frustrating and eventually just put it down in favor of other games. If you're like me and just like to unwind when you play games, you might find this game frustrating as well.
This. I Found the game easily the weakest and least fun in the Max Payne series and I loved the first two, but Jesus I could not give a shit about what was happening and bullet time felt near useless in some parts of the game. Remedy wasn't involved and it shows.

Damn, I need a trial for Midnight Club and Max Payne 3. I had a lot of fun playing MC a while back on PSP, but is this a good X360 game? I mean, is it as fun as Forza Horizon?

As for Max Payne 3, it's been a long time since I've played the first two games, is it a good game? It sure is a big download (7Gb) and I'm in doubt between GoD and physical in this case :/

Damn, I need a trial for Midnight Club and Max Payne 3. I had a lot of fun playing MC a while back on PSP, but is this a good X360 game? I mean, is it as fun as Forza Horizon?
I'll say that Midnight Club is the only game that reminded me of the fun I had customizing cars and cruising/racing around the city like in NFS Underground 2.

Does Bully 360 add much? I played it back on the PS2.
Just some extra classes, missions with new characters and new unlockables, otherwise you're not missing too much. Still a great game, but if you already beat it on PS2 and had enough then you'll be fine, but if you want a reason to revisit the game then it's a perfect excuse, that and achievements aren't too bad if you're into that.

As for Max Payne 3, it's been a long time since I've played the first two games, is it a good game? It sure is a big download (7Gb) and I'm in doubt between GoD and physical in this case :/
MP3 is awesome, the only thing i hate is when you get to the last three stages, you have to keep cover constantly throughout the stage. And it becomes pretty boring when all your doing is duck and shoot over and over again. Overall, it's a good game. The story will keep you entertain, its not just another cliche action shooter plot. The music is cool, it doesn't annoy you over time. The most important thing is that although it feels too restricted when controlling Max, it doesn't get in the way of being emerge into the game.

Its good buy!!!!

I'll say that Midnight Club is the only game that reminded me of the fun I had customizing cars and cruising/racing around the city like in NFS Underground 2.
Isn't it too hard? I've read some reviews that said so. What about graphics? Aren't they outdated?

@Noelvermillion: Damn that sounds good.

Guess I'll end up spending 15€ this week. Damn this GoD deals are killing my hard drive and wallet. Can't they just skip to some nice Arcade sales with Trials, Shadow Complex, Mark of the Ninja, Fez and those must have games?

also when you download the game if you wanna play the story then that will be 3 separate downloads

Maybe it's stopping a full update like Ultimate or something, but I really doubt losing the Marvel license makes them unable to do normal patches. At worst they can't make any more DLC. It's just typical Capcom bullshit.
Well one thing leads to another. Since they weren't able to update the game content wise Capcom didn't see it as very profitable to shell out for regular patches on a title that had mediocre sales. Apparently the game's popularity at Evo 2013 convinced them otherwise so we might see them come back to this eventually.

Hey you take that back, Shuma is legit.

This might be a blasphemous post, but I know there have been people here that have asked about the Penny Arcade Adventures games going on sale before, so I wanted to post that they're on sale somewhere else this week if they don't want to wait for a rare XBLA sale.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/penny-arcade-adventures-otrspod-episodes-1-and-2/cid=UP4049-NPUB30212_00-PAAOTRSPODBUNDLE

PSN has a bundle of the first two episodes for $7.50 for PSN members and $3.75 for PS+ members with PAX happening this weekend. They will also probably be on sale on Steam for similar or lower prices, though I don't think the PC versions have controller support.

Well one thing leads to another. Since they weren't able to update the game content wise Capcom didn't see it as very profitable to shell out for regular patches on a title that had mediocre sales. Apparently the game's popularity at Evo 2013 convinced them otherwise so we might see them come back to this eventually.
Probably that combined with the FGC hating SFxT for a while. Regardless, it's pretty shitty to leave a game with bugs as bad as some of what's still in UMvC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back