XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen anyone say anything about the Battle LA game going on sale Tuesday, so I will. It's a mediocre FPS. I got it for 400 points several sales ago. I don't regret it since I like the FPS genre. It's a very basic game. The graphics aren't great or anything. BUT the game is a hell of a lot better than the POS movie it's based on. You could do a lot worse for $5.
It's hard not to be better than that horrid movie. The trailer and poster are better than the movie. I've heard mixed things about the game. But it is supposedly over in the same length of the movie. Heard it's got a couple hours of gameplay in it, if that, with limited replayability. Still at least it doesn't overstay it's welcome from the sounds of it. I don't mind a 2 hour campaign for $5. A 4 or 6 hr campaign for $60 though is highway robbery.

EA stopped their online pass system, and it has been applied to all previous titles. Your can buy used EA games without having to worry about an online pass.
I think that he was more worried that the dlc would be online codes. There have been a few ultimate editions of games where this has been the case rather than the dlc come on a spare disc. I remember a lot of military gamers got upset a lil while back over one game as they couldn't access any of the dlc of the ultimate edition due to this very issue making the ultimate edition useless to them.

best buy's deal of the day features some 32GB flash drives for $18

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Deal-of-the-Day/pcmcat248000050016.c?id=pcmcat248000050016

fyi in case anyone else is low on hd space, seems like a good price to me
Interesting. I need to pick up another drive, but was not considering PNY. That brand doesn't exactly scream QUALITY. Any personal experiences? The price is certainly tempting, especially that I have a $10 GC.

Edit: Checked out Amazon and this thing is getting pretty bad reviews. Seems like the transfer speed is horrible. I guess I'll just stick with Kingston.

Debating on getting hitman.. Or just wait and get the disc.. Same for bulletstorm... Decisions, decisions.... Thinking picking up crysis and divinity.. Seem worth 5 bucks.. Only Picked up Witcher 2 so far. Suggestions?

Hmmmm.....I wonder what I should get? Obviously DA:O and ME1.Are Crysis and Divinity 2 worth while?
I got Crysis a few days ago and it's not that bad. The game is pretty and all, and I was a fan of Crysis 2 but I don't think I'm far enough into the game to make a solid recommendation. It plays like a standard FPS except for the fact you have enhanced abilities (ex: you can turn invisible and feel like the Predator, super sprint & jump, temporary bulletproof shield, etc). It's fun enough I think to buy at that price though. If you've played Crysis 2 or 3 I'd recommend it. It's pretty challenging as well, I'm playing it on hard and the A.I. is pretty good. The side of the story is extremely generic though, it's from point A to point B but like I said I haven't gotten in far enough for it to pick up.

Around what time on the 8th will these sales end?   I want WWE but lack 40 points.  Around midnight tonight I will have enough Bing Rewards points for 100 MSP but I will have to wait close to 24 hours for the code via email.

When do you guys think the next XBL sale will be?  November?  December? My goal is to not spend no more than 10 dollars for games now.  

Hey all I got from this sale was The Orange Box and WWE 13. Heard a lot of good things about the two games and figured why not since I didn't need borderlands 2 dlc and have no interest in Dishonored.

I picked up Crysis, BL2 (had physical), DA:O (had physical), Rockstar Table Tennis, and The Walking Dead: 400 Days. I think Ill wait on ME3 Omega till all the DLC is on sale at once.
I got ME3 Omega now that is on sale. You are aware that ME DLC sales don't come too often, do you?

Thoughts on hitman?
If you like Hitman, it's certainly worth the bargain basement price of 10 bucks. Chances are, you won't see it much cheaper than that for a while barring any wild steam sales or some shit. I used to enjoy the hitman series a lot, as it usually had something innovative in it (first game with ragdoll on enemies if I recall correctly) and the openness to the mission structure and design was novel. Absolution provided me with a very fun weekend of gaming, but after I had gone through the game, I never really felt that unmistakable itch to go back and replay missions or play the user generated stuff. Like I said though, your mileage is going to depend highly on your personal preference and how you treat games like this. I give it a solid 7 outta 10 if rating systems help you at all. Hope this helped a bit, buddy.

Interesting. I need to pick up another drive, but was not considering PNY. That brand doesn't exactly scream QUALITY. Any personal experiences? The price is certainly tempting, especially that I have a $10 GC.

Edit: Checked out Amazon and this thing is getting pretty bad reviews. Seems like the transfer speed is horrible. I guess I'll just stick with Kingston.
damn, what's a good speed to look for in a flash drive then? cos that one says reads up to 14mb per second. writes up to 4. what are the kingstons?

oh well. if anyone finds a good one on sale be sure to post it here.

No, it is just the vanilla version of the game. Ultimate editions and GOTY editions of games are not sold digitally over Xbox Live.

The online codes for EA are just to let you play online, and get like one or two bonuses, but the bonuses are only part of the pass, plus all of their passes are free to download. And actually, they wouldn't have a pass for Dragon Age Origins because the game cam rout before they started doing their online passes. And yes, all of the DLC is on the disc.
DA Origins was actually one of the first pass games as the "pass" was an extra character. But as you said all of EA's online passes are now free to download.

Origins is a great game but a lot of the DLC, especially Awakening, is awesome so looking for an UE may be worth the effort.

I just picked up a copy from a local electronic retailer that had it on clearance for $10. You can be sure there are heaps of copies of this in warehouses still. And with SR4 coming out this will be marked down and cleared off of shelves so u should expect sales on it. But definitely the used price will come down as well. And don't count Deep Silver out in terms of printing new stock. Often sequels get picked up by people who have never played the original and then want to get into the series. Look at how many people have played ME2 and now want to go back and try the original. If there is a market Deep Silver would be smart to exploit it.
But they're not. GS sells SR 3 for $40 and can't keep it in stock. That's a TON of lost revenues.

I got Divinity and was going to get PDZ. But then I checked the Achievement list for PDZ. What a joke. Out of the 50 cheevos, 39 are competitive mp and six are co-op. No thanks. Not even for $3. Let's be honest, that would be the only reason I'd want to play through that old game.

Seems it might have already ended. I just tried (12:20am 7/8) to download Forza Horizon for the $14.99 price it shows on Live and a message appeared saying "something has changed about this deal". Guess waiting to the last minute, cost me.
Forza Horizon was only a one-day deal anyway, so it should have reverted back to its regular price days ago.

I got Divinity and was going to get PDZ. But then I checked the Achievement list for PDZ. What a joke. Out of the 50 cheevos, 39 are competitive mp and six are co-op. No thanks. Not even for $3. Let's be honest, that would be the only reason I'd want to play through that old game.
You can play Perfect Dark Zero in local or online cooperative play. Same goes for the multiplayer, which adds the addition of bots. The campaign is only 2 players, but in multiplayer you can play 4 players on 1 TV, with bots, and up to 32 opponents total.

I still think it has one of the better health systems, since it can only partially regenerate. It not as great as the arcade title with customization, but it's a fine game with a bad story. For less than $5 it has a lot to offer.

You can play Perfect Dark Zero in local or online cooperative play. Same goes for the multiplayer, which adds the addition of bots. The campaign is only 2 players, but in multiplayer you can play 4 players on 1 TV, with bots, and up to 32 opponents total.

I still think it has one of the better health systems, since it can only partially regenerate. It not as great as the arcade title with customization, but it's a fine game with a bad story. For less than $5 it has a lot to offer.
i agree on PDZ's health system. so much better than the total regen junk most of this gen has gone with. it has a lot of online options, and from what i saw this week, there's still some people online. i think it has pretty damn fun online, all the weapons have a legit 2nd function making it quite interesting. however it is best with a custom loadout as some are a little overpowered (super dragon in particular). i ended up rebuying it at gamestop for $2. i hate the campaign honestly, but the MP was one of my top 360 shooters easily, plenty of fun to be had for three bux.

i'l never understand people making game buying decisions based on achievements. what did u do on the ps2 and before? who cares? half of them are easy, half of them are pretty hard. but what's the point of an 'achievement' if anyone can get it easily.

if the game didn't have online grindy achievements, the servers would probably be a total ghosttown. i'd rather have some people playing when i get the urge to pop the game in 8 years later, and still not have some achievements, rather than the alternative of games like, fighting vipers or something where you get all the achievements in 10 minutes and because of that no one plays the game online. the only thing achievements are really really good for is keeping old game servers on life support for when you want to play something old.

so yeah not bringing up the stupid achievements are good/bad debate, i'm just pointing out in particular that, games with grindy as hell looong ass multiplayer achievements keep the game servers alive for years. and that is way better than the alternative of having 1000 gamerscore and a game that is a coaster 2 years down the line because no one plays online because 'there's no incentive to'

Just redeemed another 100 MSP from Bing, hopefully I get the points later today so I can get Bulletstorm for 160 MSP. Then I have 400 MSP left on my main account, which I would rather spend on a full game than an arcade game on sale. Leaning towards Brothers in Arms. Was heavily considering Mass Effect since the series is so revered, but I don't think I would even play it since next gen is so close and don't want to spend that much time with a single game.

Also picked up WWE 13 a few days ago, and I think it is great. The WWE Attitude mode is really fun since that was the wrestling I watched when growing up. Would definitely recommend it to anyone with interest in it, probably my favorite WWE game since No Mercy on N64.

i agree on PDZ's health system. so much better than the total regen junk most of this gen has gone with. it has a lot of online options, and from what i saw this week, there's still some people online. i think it has pretty damn fun online, all the weapons have a legit 2nd function making it quite interesting. however it is best with a custom loadout as some are a little overpowered (super dragon in particular). i ended up rebuying it at gamestop for $2. i hate the campaign honestly, but the MP was one of my top 360 shooters easily, plenty of fun to be had for three bux.

i'l never understand people making game buying decisions based on achievements. what did u do on the ps2 and before? who cares? half of them are easy, half of them are pretty hard. but what's the point of an 'achievement' if anyone can get it easily.

if the game didn't have online grindy achievements, the servers would probably be a total ghosttown. i'd rather have some people playing when i get the urge to pop the game in 8 years later, and still not have some achievements, rather than the alternative of games like, fighting vipers or something where you get all the achievements in 10 minutes and because of that no one plays the game online. the only thing achievements are really really good for is keeping old game servers on life support for when you want to play something old.

so yeah not bringing up the stupid achievements are good/bad debate, i'm just pointing out in particular that, games with grindy as hell looong ass multiplayer achievements keep the game servers alive for years. and that is way better than the alternative of having 1000 gamerscore and a game that is a coaster 2 years down the line because no one plays online because 'there's no incentive to'
Exactly. I still play it on occasion, and have good memories of playing the game online with friends and family. Once my brother had a bunch of friends over and we system linked two consoles to play this. Several of his friends didn't want to play because they heard it was bad, but after two matches they really got into it. That we were able to add bots to help out those unfamiliar with it get kills made it more fun, so that it wasn't just one player dominating. For an older game, it still has so many features I wish current games have.

Seriously, in 10 years you won't recall or care about your gamerscore. What you'll remember is the (good) games and the times you had with them. For a few dollars, you can play a game that offers you large maps, custom weapon setups for maps, bots to add in, and split-screen or system link options, while also having a full campaign. What is not to like here?

And if achievements really are the focus, you don't need to be playing online to get them. You can get them in local. They just take a lot of time and skill to get, especially with the campaign and the difficulty of it.

And don't forget to download the free Map Pack 2, which includes a Facility and Temple remake from GoldenEye (though more visually from Perfect Dark).

Just curious, what did you get to end up with 230msp? I've only seen things end in 40, 50, 60 or 0.

Also in case anybody misses it, Borderlamds 2 for $11.99 is the Bestbuy DotD.

Snagged Hitman, Forza, and ME. Pretty good sales most days, but I am getting to the point where the sales are on games I already have. I must be 60 games backlogged right now.

Far Cry Instincts or Brothers in Arm's HH?

I've played Far Cry on the original xbox so I know what I'm getting into there but how is HH?
Dunno about FC:I, but Brothers in Arms is a Gearbox title and one of the franchises they actually care about (so you'll be getting BL2, not Aliens: CM as far as quality goes). It's one of the really good WW2 shooters on the market. I picked it up because I missed WW2 games. Game averages about an 8 everywhere. I haven't played it yet as I'm away from home but figured I might as well give you this since no one else said much.

Might pick up Mass Effect and Hitman Absolution. I played the entire Mass Effect trilogy when it came out. Mass Effect is a fantastic game. I am tempted to pick it up and play through it in new game plus. As for Hitman, I really enjoyed Blood Money back in the day. $10 for a game that came out last fall and got good reviews, seems like a really good deal.

Does anyone know if the DLC (disc) from the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age: Origins will work with a Game on Demand version of the game? If so, I'll happily download it so I can sell my copy of the Ultimate Edition. :)
Hey,

I purchased the GoD version of DA:O. While it was loading went and scooped the Ultimate version from Gamestop with credit I had at the store. Returned home loaded all of the DLC from the Ultimate version onto my harddrive, took about 10-15 minutes. Tested all DLC, all worked perfectly and was recognized as "installed" from the in game menu. The full install with the DA:O reads as 10.5GB. Returned the Ultimate edition the next day, didn't have to give a reason. AND because of some kind of error they could only refund me cash back instead of credit. So I was pleased. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Summer of Arcade info:

7th August, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 1200msp

14th August, Charlie Murder - 800msp

21st August, Flashback - 800msp

28th August, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - 1200msp

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/08/summer-of-arcade-dates-and-prices-3/

and for the lulz:

As a bonus, buy any two of the above Summer of Arcade games and receive a Souls Pack for Ascend: Hand of Kul for free.

So happy about Charlie Murder price. I love pretty much every game from James Silva, so it will be day 1 for me without question.

I'm a huge old school Bioware fan, and I've been told that DA:O has shades of what "they once were". So the game is in my backlog, but from what I can piece together the main campaign has 3 different origin stories for the 3 different classes which takes hours to play through for each class. And then there's Awakening that plays differently depending upon the class? But now going all digital on my 360 as I'm not going to go Xbone and my 360 will be around for awhile, DA:O was an easy call for me to go the digital route with.

The leak from the Gamestop system had it pegged for 8/1, but considering that's a Thursday, it's probably just a placeholder date.  I guess there's a chance it could still make it before the Summer of Arcade starts, but my guess is that it will showup after SoA is over.

I'm a huge old school Bioware fan, and I've been told that DA:O has shades of what "they once were". So the game is in my backlog, but from what I can piece together the main campaign has 3 different origin stories for the 3 different classes which takes hours to play through for each class. And then there's Awakening that plays differently depending upon the class? But now going all digital on my 360 as I'm not going to go Xbone and my 360 will be around for awhile, DA:O was an easy call for me to go the digital route with.
There's 6 different origin stories that all take about 2 hours to complete before they funnel into the main game storyline. There is an achievement fir completing each origin story.

Awakening is a post-game full sized 20-hour expansion that either takes your Warden from Origins or gives you a generic Orlesian Warden (think Frenchman telling Englishmen what to do) and has you in a new story on the western coast of Ferelden which isn't explored in Origins.

I'm a little mad at myself for waiting so long to get BL2 as I'm really getting into it. Too bad ally friends are done with the game now so co-op is pugs

Asked this a couple days ago with no answer. But for Far Cry Instincts Predator, is that worth buying now or is it better to hold off and get Far Cry Classic when that releases. Wasn't sure what differences there were if any since Predator was a remake IIRC.

Asked this a couple days ago with no answer. But for Far Cry Instincts Predator, is that worth buying now or is it better to hold off and get Far Cry Classic when that releases. Wasn't sure what differences there were if any since Predator was a remake IIRC.
Someone on here commented about how you would be a complete fool to get Instincts and wait for the remake. I'm paraphrasing this. :) I'm too lazy to find the post, so you'll have to take my word for it.

Far Cry Classic is the full version of what PC gamers got. The remakes (Predator is actually the second) are supposedly substandard.

For me, eh, it was a $5 game and I have the space. Haven't played it yet, though.

Holy crap, im so excited right now. I just bought 1 month xbox live through bing rewards, i got the code in my email and it says 1 month xbox live bla bla bla. So i go into xbox.com to redeem it and Bing rewards actually gave me a 12 month xbox live code. When i redeemed the code the website said it was a 12 month code, going into "My Account" it says i have xbl gold until 7/8/2014, in my email it gave me a confirmation email for 12 months xbox live gold. This is probably my early birthday present from the Bing Reward Gods.

Sorry for off-topic post, i had to tell someone and i didn't know where else to go lol
You know what I'm surprised not to hear about yet?...the new Walking Dead:400 Days. With all the praise the first season of that game received, you'd think people would be counting down to see more of the story. Granted, it did barely come out so I could just be jumping the gun, but I thought more people would be getting it on release date.

Randy Pitchford on the Nerdist podcast said more campaign DLC for Borderlands 2 is being worked on so for those of you who thought a GotY edition is on the way it may not be coming as quickly as once thought.

I don't think anyone ever replied to me so I'll try again.

Brothers in Arms or Far Cry?

I've played Far Cry on the original Xbox so I know it's decent, but is Hell's Highway any good?

You know what I'm surprised not to hear about yet?...the new Walking Dead:400 Days. With all the praise the first season of that game received, you'd think people would be counting down to see more of the story. Granted, it did barely come out so I could just be jumping the gun, but I thought more people would be getting it on release date.
I was really looking forward to 400 Days and purchased/played on Friday (day of release on XBOX). I think Raptr said I put in 2.5 hours into the game, which is 100% complete, with the average gamer playing 1 hr 45 minutes. Either way, for 400 pts, that seems on the short side. Each story, 5 total, is pretty short - a few of them have multiple scenes, but at least one is only one scene. I was pretty underwhelmed, honestly, you don't really get a good feel for most of the characters (motivations, backstory), it's really five snapshots. It might've been more fulfilling if it was one person's story told at five points over 400 days, rather than five separate stories at various points in 400 days (though a few of them sorta interconnect through tertiary characters). It wasn't terrible though, but a lot of what I really enjoyed about the series - the connection to the characters and the story - wasn't present to any substantial degree in 400 Days.

I don't think anyone ever replied to me so I'll try again.

Brothers in Arms or Far Cry?

I've played Far Cry on the original Xbox so I know it's decent, but is Hell's Highway any good?

(Also, I know this isn't the place but does anyone have a 100 point code for $1 PayPal?, I really want to pick one of these up and I only need less than 100msp)
I've been playing some of Hell's Highway, and it's not bad at all. If you're looking for a decent WWII shooter, you can do better, but for $5, it's not too much of a gamble... Plus, I've earned somewhere like 300 achievement points in two or so hours. I like the squad-based commands, but the gameplay shows a bit of age. I've only sampled the original Far Cry but enjoyed what I played of it. Dependent on if you want a grim WWII shooter or a bright, colorful shooter, you take your pick.

I just picked up Mass Effect... I don't even know why i did that, my HDD is full of games I still haven't completed.

Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, AC3, Dark Souls, Crysis, Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, The Orange Box, Borderlands 2. And now Bulletstorm and Mass Effect to download. Damn you MS, you really want my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back