XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Serial number isn't in the information that is flashed.
Looks like you're not allowed to connect to Xbox Live with a non-OEM hard drive attached to your Xbox 360. Found this info on another forum via Google:

14. Service Operation and Equipment.

You may only access the Service with an Authorized Device or by logging into your account via the World Wide Web. You agree that: (i) you are using only authorized software and hardware to access the Service; (ii) your software and hardware have not been modified in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads); and (iii) we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Service for the express purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification. You must not attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Service, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware associated with the Service or with an Authorized Device. If you do so, we may cancel your account and your ability to access the Service, and pursue other legal remedies. We may take any legal action we deems appropriate against users who violate our systems or network security, this contract or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in this contract. Such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.

We reserve complete and sole discretion with respect to the operation of the Service. We may, among other things: (i) restrict or limit access to the Service; (ii) retrieve information from the Authorized Device and any connected peripheral device used to log onto the Service as necessary to operate and protect the security of the Service, and to enforce this contract; and (iii) upgrade, modify, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of the Service, any game or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware or software associated with the Service or with an Authorized Device, from time to time without notice. We may do so by the automatic download of related software directly to your Authorized Device, including software that prevents you from accessing the Service, playing pirated games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices.

The have to the right to do anything, even if they catch you breathing wrong. What's your point Blaster man?
Basically what I said before. They're banning people for doing something they never banned for before. There's no reason to believe they aren't going to start banning for other things now. "It will never happen" is what people said about downloading these games.

we need to make a sig for all the people who are/were banned. it needs to be a pirate crying.

the "banned" of pirates.

or this

achivement unlocked: banned on xbox.
ICjrlDf.png

Thankfully I did not know anybody in Bosnia or Oman. Then again, I'm well aware that you can be banned (from Xbox or anything else) for anything. It would suck to lose all of my purchased digital content, but I have always know that digital content can and will go away sometime. This is why I generally buy disc only. Most of my digital content is because it is only available as digital content (DLC, XBLA, XBLIG).

fuck, to get the medals in Pacman championship edition DX+, we must share achievements and medals through facebook??!! Why the fuck should I do that?? Now we also have to link our facebook account with the MS one to be more controlled?
That is why everyone should have a fake facebook account. - I use it exclusively for marketing-type crap.

OP is back to being wikified.  I think TiredJohn fixed the issue I was having last night.  

Lame, it looks like you still can't edit the title when wiki-editing the OP.

OP is back to being wikified. I think TiredJohn fixed the issue I was having last night.

I look forward to "I made a new thread for Risk Factions at 20% off because it wasn't in the XBL thread title."

OP is back to being wikified. I think TiredJohn fixed the issue I was having last night.

i just had a thought; your main acct and console got banned; by any chance, did you create your main account on that console? (was it like, the first/only console you ever signed in on?) i'm definitely not on my first 360, and i just thought that perhaps that might have something to do with if the mains are spared. prob not but worth asking.

I look forward to "I made a new thread for Risk Factions at 20% off because it wasn't in the XBL thread title."
Haha I remember those days!

Anyways, I'll still update the title on Tuesdays if you guys want to leave me as the OP. I'm still gonna be on CAG all the time, hell I'll probably still hang out in this thread since there are some really cool people here. I just don't think I'll have the ambition to actually update the OP anymore. Worked out well that my bans and the return of wikis happened on the same day. (Conspiracy?)

However, if someone else wants to take the reigns of OP all together that would be fine with me too. But it's best for everyone if that person is here all the time so the title of the thread does not get out of date.

i just had a thought; your main acct and console got banned; by any chance, did you create your main account on that console? (was it like, the first/only console you ever signed in on?) i'm definitely not on my first 360, and i just thought that perhaps that might have something to do with if the mains are spared. prob not but worth asking.
I'm not sure about any of that, but I can tell you it is the console I created the account on, it's the only Xbox I've ever owned, but it's not the only console I've ever signed in on.

I'm not sure about any of that, but I can tell you it is the console I created the account on, it's the only Xbox I've ever owned, but it's not the only console I've ever signed in on.
hmm. has anyone else here had their main account banned? if so, was the console that got banned the first 360 you ever signed into live with on it?

has anybody who's logged in for the first time with both their banned accounts, and their main ones on their banned 360 gotten away with their main account in tact?

again i doubt it but it's something i haven't seen questioned yet.

Damn. Just saw on X360A, someone lost their tag with 240,000+ gamerscore. :cold:
I can't imagine having a really high gamerscore and trying anything that could get you banned. I lost my account with 29k gamerscore and I never really cared for achievements...mostly just getting the ones for beating the games. Now with my new profile i'm up to 3000 and replaying some fun games and actually trying for alot of achievements.

I can't imagine having a really high gamerscore and trying anything that could get you banned. I lost my account with 29k gamerscore and I never really cared for achievements...mostly just getting the ones for beating the games. Now with my new profile i'm up to 3000 and replaying some fun games and actually trying for alot of achievements.
Serious question: Why does Gamerscore mean something for some of you?

It gets you (at a certain level) marginally better XBox Rewards returns but otherwise.... it doesn't actually do anything, and isn't used for anything at all.

Is it just a sheer point of pride or something? I'm always amazed at the stock some put into Gamerscore.

It gets you (at a certain level) marginally better XBox Rewards returns but otherwise.... it doesn't actually do anything, and isn't used for anything at all.

Is it just a sheer point of pride or something? I'm always amazed at the stock some put into Gamerscore.
It gives you a reason to play games you would not have normally played otherwise. I wouldn't have played a lot of underrated games that I ended up really enjoying if achievements did not exist. It's fun raising the number. Kotaku had an article a few years back about how number make people like things more, or something like that.

It just sets goals on games that are fun to do (most of the time). Why not have fun getting achievements in games since you love gaming!?

No bans yet for me.  I'd be perfectly fine with a console ban if it does happen.  I have multiple other X360's and it will finally give me the incentive to mod one since I'll no longer have the fear of being banned.  My account getting banned would sting a lot more but at least it would finally free me from my gamerscore addiction and without gamerscore being a factor which console to buy next gen becomes a super easy decision for me.

Sense of accomplishment is all. Why climb a mountain, why break a land speed record, why do anything that doesn't directly benefit you or gain you something? The feeling of accomplishment. It's fun, that's all.

Well I'm banned too.  Only thing that bugs me is the kids can't see the pictures to choose their games.  Guess I should have used up my points.  I still feel it was worth it.  I saved so much money in games on the other marketplaces that I purchased at a discount.  Still think MS is making a huge mistake as I had over 100 games PURCHASED (leaving out the free stuff) so that's just money lost down the road.

Shrug.  Oh well.  PS4 here I come...

i got a lot of games for a cheaper price from the Hungarian market place, should I be worried about a ban now or are they only cracking down on people that got free games?

i "paid" for those games (with bing points) but this has me a little nervous

Well I'm banned too. Only thing that bugs me is the kids can't see the pictures to choose their games. Guess I should have used up my points. I still feel it was worth it. I saved so much money in games on the other marketplaces that I purchased at a discount. Still think MS is making a huge mistake as I had over 100 games PURCHASED (leaving out the free stuff) so that's just money lost down the road.

Shrug. Oh well. PS4 here I come...
I guess MS feels like it's better off cutting off the small community of people that takes advantage of these situations? Either way their losses are minimal.

how do u redownload stuff you got from the sales and specials app? does it show up as a free download in ur download history or what? IIRC if u go to download them in the marketplace it double charges u

Well I'm banned too. Only thing that bugs me is the kids can't see the pictures to choose their games. Guess I should have used up my points. I still feel it was worth it. I saved so much money in games on the other marketplaces that I purchased at a discount. Still think MS is making a huge mistake as I had over 100 games PURCHASED (leaving out the free stuff) so that's just money lost down the road.

Console banned or account banned?

i got a lot of games for a cheaper price from the Hungarian market place, should I be worried about a ban now or are they only cracking down on people that got free games?

i "paid" for those games (with bing points) but this has me a little nervous
My hungarian account isn't banned but I too am worried about re-downloading it.

I guess MS feels like it's better off cutting off the small community of people that takes advantage of these situations? Either way their losses are minimal.
Actually it appears that Microsoft only banned my console as I can still login to the online marketplace through my pc with my gamertag. I'm guessing they banned the oman account.

I disagree that their losses are minimal though...it's now a double loss. They've already lost on the games that were free but now they also lost a paying customer.

I guess what my issue is the fact that it's been a grey area for years. I spent plenty of time reading up to find out if this was really an issue and saw many examples of people actually speaking to reps about having moved to another country (usually for military reasons) and tried to use live for purchases and had problems with that region and were told to just use another region (like canada in one example). So it just seems like a double standard.

Lots of people have been doing this for years so to suddenly go on a purge when apparently it's ok sometimes but others it's not is what I take issue with. With the recent bad press and 180's they've been doing, they just keep compounding the image problem they are having right now.

With my GT still intact I may consider buying another console so my kids can play but not until they are on the cheap and it certainly opens up the possibility of all the fun modifications you can make (that don't affect MS like Black ops zombie mods and things).

This is the worst advertisement for Sony/PS4 ever.

"I did something on Xbox to violate my ToS and got banned, so I'm switching to PS4... presumably so I can try those things on there instead".

I can see the slogan now: "PS4 - We're the Australia to XBox's Britain". And "PS4: XBox's penal colony". I'm sure that will make for a lovely user community.

And yes I'm saying this tongue-in-cheek. I'm sure someone is going to take this way too seriously and descend upon me with righteous wrath.

"I did something on Xbox to violate my ToS and got banned, so I'm switching to PS4... presumably so I can try those things on there instead".

I can see the slogan now: "PS4 - We're the Australia to XBox's Britain". And "PS4: XBox's penal colony". I'm sure that will make for a lovely user community.

And yes I'm saying this tongue-in-cheek. I'm sure someone is going to take this way too seriously and descend upon me with righteous wrath.
tumblr_modpevxOwQ1r45vh6o1_1280.png

Banned here too. Not psyched but I understand and accept the ban. 

The only thing I'm having a little trouble with is losing out on my account balance. It seems like they should have to refund it regardless of the ToS violation. Not sure if this is the best analogy but, if I walk into a store and pay for a $12 item with a $20 bill, I shouldn't be prevented from spending the remaining $8 or receiving my change, even if I insulted the cashier.

Umm...except Sony/PS encourages game/account sharing. There are whole threads elsewhere on this site devoted to people swapping and lending PSN accounts. I've never had a PS, but my friend and I are thinking of jumping on board cuz then it's basically each of us paying 50% off for games on day one if we share them.

The only thing I'm having a little trouble with is losing out on my account balance. It seems like they should have to refund it regardless of the ToS violation. Not sure if this is the best analogy but, if I walk into a store and pay for a $12 item with a $20 bill, I shouldn't be prevented from spending the remaining $8 or receiving my change, even if I insulted the cashier.
If you took something that you should have paid for then it could be considered as MS recovering payment for said item.

Sorry if someone mentioned this earlier but it looks like the free month of live link finally died? I got greedy and was waiting to fire it up at the end of the month to snag 3 free gold games. Would really like to try rainbow 6 and Might and Magic was fantastic on DS.

Is there a 2 months for $2 deal or any sale on a live card? Any help would be awesome!

yeah see I take issue with comments like this. I'm not complaining about the ban as it was a calculated risk. It's like taking the extra 5mph when you're in a hurry. You could get pulled over but usually won't (I was once for the 5)..

I explained above my reason to move on from microsoft. So much inconsistency and this just kind of escorts me out the door. I had no intention of breaking terms when I bought my xbox. When some deals came up on foreign marketplaces, I looked to see if I could buy from those places too. I mean I bought games for 400 points that I never would have bought and actually regret now because I'll probably never play them anyway. Microsoft got money from me they never would have or would have been spent on games I wanted which I usually ended up buying as well so it's all perspective.

So don't lump all of us in with the modding crowd that pirates everything. Again this was a grey line. One that supposedly microsoft had even permitted some to cross in certain circumstances. Honestly I'm only irked about the game covers no longer being available so now I'm actively researching ways to get a different dash so I can get those pics back. Don't have time to play online anymore. The free games for gold have been worthless after Fable (for me) so I'm not missing much.

So if Microsoft wants to be consistent  and not hypocritical shouldn't they ban  all the people that made foreigns accounts to get a lower price on that big ass major nelson sale a couple of months ago? Shouldn't they ban the OXM UK staff for creating US accounts to grab Aegis Wing  when it wasn't available in their country? Of course they wont, they're just encouraging people who wont have xbl in their region to create diff region accounts if they want to be able to access one of the 13 supported regions for the xbone launch :lol:

yeah see I take issue with comments like this. I'm not complaining about the ban as it was a calculated risk. It's like taking the extra 5mph when you're in a hurry. You could get pulled over but usually won't (I was once for the 5)..

I explained above my reason to move on from microsoft. So much inconsistency and this just kind of escorts me out the door. I had no intention of breaking terms when I bought my xbox. When some deals came up on foreign marketplaces, I looked to see if I could buy from those places too. I mean I bought games for 400 points that I never would have bought and actually regret now because I'll probably never play them anyway. Microsoft got money from me they never would have or would have been spent on games I wanted which I usually ended up buying as well so it's all perspective.

So don't lump all of us in with the modding crowd that pirates everything. Again this was a grey line. One that supposedly microsoft had even permitted some to cross in certain circumstances. Honestly I'm only irked about the game covers no longer being available so now I'm actively researching ways to get a different dash so I can get those pics back. Don't have time to play online anymore. The free games for gold have been worthless after Fable (for me) so I'm not missing much.
So you didn't download any of the "free" games? Because there was no grey line there. The amount of money Microsoft made off of you was minimal because you were buying games at heavily discounted rates outside of your region, so in addition to any free games you got your hands on, they really aren't losing out on much with the bans.

I have this horrible, sinking feeling that in the wake of "Ban Hammer aught13", this thread will wither to dust and blow away in the wind.

I certainly hope I am wrong.

So if Microsoft wants to be consistent and not hypocritical shouldn't they ban all the people that made foreigns accounts to get a lower price on that big ass major nelson sale a couple of months ago? Shouldn't they ban the OXM UK staff for creating US accounts to grab Aegis Wing when it wasn't available in their country? Of course they wont, they're just encouraging people who wont have xbl in their region to create diff region accounts if they want to be able to access one of the 13 supported regions for the xbone launch :lol:
This is a good point, I didn't realize Microsoft's own employees in Europe were downloading games like this. You don't happen to have a link do you? I'm sure that the governments in Europe wouldn't allow them to ban their citizens like this though.

This is a good point, I didn't realize Microsoft's own employees in Europe were downloading games like this. You don't happen to have a link do you? I'm sure that the governments in Europe wouldn't allow them to ban their citizens like this though.
I'm sorry but fail to see the relation, you are trying to make a connection with 1. People forced to use a different region due to a game being UNAVAILABLE in their current region. 2. People with full access to the game at the price that was set for their region but instead chose to create a spare account with a different region, so that they could exploit a sale/free game for that region...??? You don't see the difference between the two?

I'm sorry but fail to see the relation, you are trying to make a connection with 1. People forced to use a different region due to a game being UNAVAILABLE in their current region. 2. People with full access to the game at the price that was set for their region but instead chose to create a spare account with a different region, so that they could exploit a sale/free game for that region...??? You don't see the difference between the two?
Uh..what?

- Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing

edit:

I told you guys in the pass, sure you considered it unlikely, but when you blatently disregard the ToS you agree to, than things like this happened, I am not glad any of you got banned, I wish you hadn't, but seriously, ANYONE should have KNOWN this was something that would get you in very hot water. I watched (almost) every time a game went free ANYWHERE people would just ignore consequences. "Hey they should have sent a email saying not to do it anymore, srsly... guyz... stawp..." No, they have no obligation to, this isn't like the bestbuy price error on GTAV, this is more like games being offered for free in different regions, so you lie, and falsely create an account saying that you are from said region, and then do a license transfer to your own console. That goes beyond "taking advantage of a pricing error". You were in fact breaking the rules, maybe technically even stealing. "But it was free, can't steal something free, DUH" Well here is the problem, it was free to people in BOSNIA, OR CHINA, OR ANY OF THE OTHER COUNTRIES, but it was NOT free in the UNITED STATES... where you are... in the united states microsoft says you need to pay $Z amount for the game, yet you took it for free by falsifying information... You got the game but microsoft did not get the price they set for it in the US. Now what does that seem like.

Also I had seen plenty of people say "This is against the ToS and you can get banned for doing this" that was pretty much every time one happened, so you should have known better, and if you chose to ignore the warnings, then this is justified in Microsoft's actions.
I see you were playing the part of the morality police earlier in this thread and now you're trying to justify that the TOS/TOU don't apply to the folks on the OXM staff because the game isn't available there. I'm sorry but who made you the king of the world and the decider of what portions of the TOU are valid and which portion should be ignored?

yeah the account balance is bullshit you should at the very least get a gift card to the MS store in whatever amount you have left, the fact that it's just wiped clean is absolutely absurd.

Just a remark to your earlier post about GT out of CAG = no ban, I was banned and I never spoke up about the games I got, nor did i launch any besides injustice. Someone reported me, but I'm not sure who did, as i never told anyone about my exploit.
Seriously... they can damn well track the licenses of the games you "bought" nobody needs to "report" you for it to happen, they just look up accounts that downloaded the free games, and only the free games, see the license was transferred to a console in the US, which has an account with a seperate profile on it that you actually use. THEN they could easily see any other games who were license transferred from different regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back