XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
What I don't understand is that why no one got banned when they made those Hungarian accts to get those GoD for cheaper than U.S ? Was it because we paid for the content and as opposed to getting it for free.

No console or primary account ban for me just yet, but consider me worried. I'll be pretty bummed if it happens, but can't say it's not my fault. 

Seriously... they can damn well track the licenses of the games you "bought" nobody needs to "report" you for it to happen, they just look up accounts that downloaded the free games, and only the free games, see the license was transferred to a console in the US, which has an account with a seperate profile on it that you actually use. THEN they could easily see any other games who were license transferred from different regions.
Just pointing out that sharing your GT on CAG isn't reason as to why you get banned, besides my main wasn't banned anyway. I was just clarifying for DypaehC that it doesn't matter. No need to be condescending, I was clarifying a point.

They got those games legitimately while the Oman stuff was not legitimate at all.
Nope.

If the Oman stuff isn't legitimate than the Hungarian stuff isn't either.

It's still circumventing the marketplace to get a cheaper price, regardless of it's free or not.

I should know, I did both.

Nope.

If the Oman stuff isn't legitimate than the Hungarian stuff isn't either.

It's still circumventing the marketplace to get a cheaper price, regardless of it's free or not.

I should know, I did both.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/countries

Here's the list of officially supported countries for the Xbox Live marketplace. You're free to create accounts for any of them to purchase games on their marketplaces provided that you have the means to play them. Microsoft will never ban anybody for purchasing games in those regions. I don't believe any of those were a part of any of the free games exploits.

The Oman thing was a completely shady exploit because that country doesn't have its own marketplace, so there were glitches that caused certain games to appear as free if you went about finding them through specific means. Nobody at Microsoft specifically set those games to be free as a part of a promotion or anything like that. There's no way in any reality that that could be considered legitimate and trying to convince anybody of that is a fool's errand.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/countries

Here's the list of officially supported countries for the Xbox Live marketplace. You're free to create accounts for any of them to purchase games on their marketplaces provided that you have the means to play them. Microsoft will never ban anybody for purchasing games in those regions. I don't believe any of those were a part of any of the free games exploits.

The Oman thing was a completely shady exploit because that country doesn't have its own marketplace, so there were glitches that caused certain games to appear as free if you went about finding them through specific means. Nobody at Microsoft specifically set those games to be free as a part of a promotion or anything like that. There's no way in any reality that that could be considered legitimate and trying to convince anybody of that is a fool's errand.
I'm pretty sure what you're describing is "circumventing region specific pricing" which is against the TOS.

What I don't understand is that why no one got banned when they made those Hungarian accts to get those GoD for cheaper than U.S ? Was it because we paid for the content and as opposed to getting it for free.
Possibly, but I think it's more likely that each time free content goes up somewhere more and more people start taking advantage of it. It might have grown to a point where Microsoft no longer decides to ignore it. Also, I think the amount of free games this time lead Microsoft to take action. Getting a free game here or a discount there is one thing. Getting two $60 games and a dozen XBLA games is a bigger deal. I'm guessing it was over $200 worth of content people could have downloaded for free.

I'm pretty sure what you're describing is "circumventing region specific pricing" which is against the TOS.
Can you post the full message of the ban that this came from? I can't find anything easily in this thread, so I might've forgotten exactly what you guys are getting banned over. I really doubt that Microsoft's going to ban people that paid for their games from legitimate marketplaces that were specifically priced that way.

Can you post the full message of the ban that this came from? I can't find anything easily in this thread, so I might've forgotten exactly what you guys are getting banned over. I really doubt that Microsoft's going to ban people that paid for their games from legitimate marketplaces that were specifically priced that way.
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2366/t/1589405.aspx

This account and console were permanently banned for the theft or attempted theft of marketplace assets, specifically by attempting to utilize or share fraudulent methods in order to obtain content or redemption codes.

The specific conduct that caused this ban may include, but is not limited to:

- Promotion or distribution of fraudulent methods in order to obtain marketplace content

- Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing

- Illegitimate acquisition of marketplace content

- Illegitimate acquisition of redemption codes

To help avoid future account or console suspensions, please review the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and the Terms of Use here:

http://www.xbox.com/Legal/CodeOfConduct

http://www.xbox.com/Legal/LiveTOU

http://www.xbox.com/consoleban
I'm not trying to defend the Oman accounts.

But the Hungarian accounts are just as illegitimate.

Well to play god's advocate hungarianians have a legit market place. Places like oman prioritize other things over xbox live and therefore have no legit marketplace.

We stuck our dick in a gloryhole and MS bit its our fault we got banned.

Well to play god's advocate hungarianians have a legit market place. Places like oman prioritize other things over xbox live and therefore have no legit marketplace.

We stuck our dick in a gloryhole and MS bit its our fault we got banned.
What other things are you talking about?

Can you be a little more specific?

anyone elese in this boat?
check cag.
see notifications about bans
turns on xbox
sigh of relief
turn off xbox
wait 30
check cag
see more bans
turn on xbox

its a vicious cycle man!!

First post here, I just lurked before checking the deals every so often, but they got me too.

I got 4 ban notices to my gmail all at once as I used the period trick to sign up for the foreign accounts. Haven't bothered connecting my console back online as I don't think they corrupt drives anymore but I don't want to take the chance. With that many notices I'm sure it got flagged. Main account survived though.

For the people that lost a lot of stuff not on their drives, try copying trial versions of the arcade games back over from other consoles. They may work if the licenses are still there. Also someone asked earlier and yes you can put title updates on a USB stick, but I don't want to go into detail in case talk about similar programs isn't allowed here.

If you haven't, download your stuff now if you did any of this.

anyone elese in this boat?
check cag.
see notifications about bans
turns on xbox
sigh of relief
turn off xbox
wait 30
check cag
see more bans
turn on xbox

its a vicious cycle man!!
Nope. Mine's more like:

Check CAG

See a bunch of bans

Shake my head at the people who thought this was just going to be looked over

Go back to playing games because I didn't DL any shit from other countries in violation of the ToS

Nope. Mine's more like:

Check CAG

See a bunch of bans

Go back to playing games because I didn't DL any shit from other countries in violation of the ToS
tumblr_m3sfxoDurt1r203kco1_1280.jpg

I still have to disagree on that. They're nowhere near as "bad" as the Oman stuff. That entire sentence sounds like it's all about signing up for XBL accounts for these unsupported countries to get games that usually cost money for free via exploits, not about paying a few bucks less for a game that is not an exploit of any kind.

No offense, but it seems like you guys are so pissed that you are looking for anything to try to drag others down with you.

I'm reading the Code of Conduct from the links above and this is specifically noted:

H. Fraud & Commerce
  • Accounts and Gamertags are non-transferable. Do not purchase accounts or Gamertags from third-parties.
  • Do not access or attempt to access accounts that you do not own.
  • Do not purchase Microsoft Points, Xbox Live Gold memberships, games or any additional content from unauthorized third-parties.
  • Do not attempt to utilize or share fraudulent methods to obtain content or Microsoft Points.
  • Do not use your account to trade services or in-game content for currency or Microsoft Points.
  • Do not use Xbox Live for any commercial purpose:
    You may only create an account for yourself as an individual
  • You may not create or use an account for your corporation or any other business entity
  • Do not advertise any product or service in your profile or by any other means on Xbox Live

[*]Do not resell or redistribute any part of the Live Service or access to the Live Service
Skimming through the XBL Terms of Use agreement, there's not much of anything there about any of it that isn't in plain english, but this is one pertinent part of it:

We reserve the right to enforce and verify compliance with any part of this Agreement. This includes Microsoft's right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of the Services, and a third-party claim that your use of the Services is unlawful or infringes such third party's rights.
Maybe I'm missing the obvious parts about buying stuff with foreign accounts on officially-supported XBL servers, but that's what I can find with some quick reading.

I still have to disagree on that. They're nowhere near as "bad" as the Oman stuff. That entire sentence sounds like it's all about signing up for XBL accounts for these unsupported countries to get games that usually cost money for free via exploits, not about paying a few bucks less for a game that is not an exploit of any kind.

No offense, but it seems like you guys are so pissed that you are looking for anything to try to drag others down with you.

I'm reading the Code of Conduct from the links above and this is specifically noted:

Skimming through the XBL Terms of Use agreement, there's not much of anything there about any of it that isn't in plain english, but this is one pertinent part of it:

Maybe I'm missing the obvious parts about buying stuff with foreign accounts on officially-supported XBL servers, but that's what I can find with some quick reading.
- Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing

whether or not you still paid or not you circumvented the regional pricing when buying stuff for cheaper on an alt account its no different than the Oman thing.

I used a fraudulent method (lying about my location) in order to circumvent regional pricing (getting games at a cheaper price). The original sentence even says "region-specific marketplace content," which I don't think can really include content for a marketplace that doesn't exist.

I'm perfectly fine with getting banned for making an Oman account just as I was perfectly fine with getting banned when I first made an Hungarian account. Even though one isn't as "bad" as the other, you admit that there's still some illegitimacy in that Oman account, right? It was always a risk. I'm not trying to condemn people who made Hungarian accounts just because I have a potential ban in the future due to my Oman account, I'm just saying that I don't see a radical difference between the two.

I used a fraudulent method (lying about my location) in order to circumvent regional pricing (getting games at a cheaper price). The original sentence even says "region-specific marketplace content," which I don't think can really include content for a marketplace that doesn't exist.

I'm perfectly fine with getting banned for making an Oman account just as I was perfectly fine with getting banned when I first made an Hungarian account. Even though one isn't as "bad" as the other, you admit that there's still some illegitimacy in that Oman account, right? It was always a risk. I'm not trying to condemn people who made Hungarian accounts just because I have a potential ban in the future due to my Oman account, I'm just saying that I don't see a radical different between the two.
You were banned for creating a Hungarian account? That's important information that would've been nice to know earlier. I'm sorry then.

whether or not you still paid or not you circumvented the regional pricing when buying stuff for cheaper on an alt account its no different than the Oman thing.
Indignate said this was in the TOS, but I cannot find it nor has anybody else found it either. That line is just what's listed as relevant to the ban, but isn't mentioned in the test that I looked over. If he was indeed banned for buying stuff on the Hungarian marketplace, then I retract all comments on the matter at hand and apologize. It seems like besides the stuff I quoted, everything else is completely subject to the interpretation of the XBL enforcement team and they're more likely to act on this sort of stuff when third-parties make demands for it, which would seem to not include actual paid purchases.

Indignate said this was in the TOS, but I cannot find it nor has anybody else found it either. That line is just what's listed as relevant to the ban, but isn't mentioned in the test that I looked over. If he was indeed banned for buying stuff on the Hungarian marketplace, then I retract all comments on the matter at hand and apologize. It seems like besides the stuff I quoted, everything else is completely subject to the interpretation of the XBL enforcement team and they're more likely to act on this sort of stuff when third-parties make demands for it, which would seem to not include actual paid purchases.
That's posted on the Xbox forum as the reply for why almost every single person was banned.

Edit:
Here's an example.
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2366/t/1591626.aspx

You misunderstood. I have had no accounts, or the console for that matter, banned as of yet. I was just merely stating that I knew the consequences of a potential ban when I created said accounts.

The line I provided is not in the TOS, but is used when the XBL enforcement team explains their reasons for banning accounts. Marketplace Theft is listed as a violation of the Code of Conduct and that is one of the definitions they provide for it.

That's posted on the Xbox forum as the reply for why almost every single person was banned.

Edit:
Here's an example.
LOL... A bunch of those posts are funny as shit.

"Why is my console banned? I only use it for Netflix." - Yet 2 of the last 3 games he played were Injustice and Rayman Legends... Duhhh... Do you think that Xbox doesn't have access to that, idiot???

I will say that this seems to be pretty widespread. What other sites did this hit big? SD? Neogaf? My guess is that this screw up got SO big that MS couldn't ignore people grabbing hundreds of dollars of new games for free through what they considered violations of the ToS.

Edit:
Here's an example.
I completely understand that and have never not understood it, but that is not the TOS as you and others have claimed it is. The only way it's in the TOS is through that generic "We can ban you for anything if we feel like it" section. It's the enforcement team's explanation of violations related to these bans and those violations are purely a subjective thing based on the severity of the offense and how much their partners push for penalties.

Seeing Indignate's post, I feel safe to say that they will not ban you for purchasing items on legitimate foreign marketplaces for a few bucks cheaper than where your IP address says you live. Microsoft doesn't care and third-party publisher won't care about the few people that do that but still give them money for it. I'm pretty sure that part of the message is referring to getting items that normally require payment for free with exploits brought upon by creating accounts for territories that are not officially supported and require you to exploit the servers in such a specific way to gain access to those items for free, though maybe there have been extreme examples of price differences in other regions that I'm aware of.

I've not seen anyone blame the guy who found/created the exploit/thread in the first place? So, I'll just pick up that baton...

So you didn't download any of the "free" games? Because there was no grey line there. The amount of money Microsoft made off of you was minimal because you were buying games at heavily discounted rates outside of your region, so in addition to any free games you got your hands on, they really aren't losing out on much with the bans.
Again...people are missing the point. I accept responsiblity for my actions. The ban is what it is. But you add the double standard here with all the other 180's they are pulling and they are giving themselves a black eye. Sony is a strong enough company to grow off these mistakes and challenge them in the future.

So you can pass along the message to your employers...this was a small gain bigger loss. With these inconsistencies...who's going to trust that microsoft isn't going to pull all the games on demand that everyone buys on the xbox1 when that server shuts down? They've discussed requiring you to login regularly to access your content.

Nope. Mine's more like:

Check CAG

See a bunch of bans

You mean the way it had been looked over for the last 2 years....

Well aren't you a saint like Seiya.
Oh no... I'm a game flipping, hoarding, coupon advantage taking son of a bitch... But I was smart enough to know that the one thing I didn't want to screw around with was trying to get free games from XBL by falsifying account information.

If Best Buy said "Nope - can't give you 32 copies of Nerf for free.", I'd walk away... If MS had a problem with me using their coupons to buy a shit ton of MS points for 67% off, I'd have stopped buying... If the clerk at Target had said "I can't believe the coupon is right. You just bought 2 $10 games and got an $80 game free...", I'd have walked away. This was something ENTIRELY different. There was no opportunity to just walk out of a store and not complete a transaction. There was no one to approve an errant coupon. Once you got a game, you were done. In a clerk situation, they validate that you are good to go. If they hit total and you pay, you have a completed transaction with a representative of the store. You didn't have that here. You just had to hope that MS was OK with you taking hundreds of dollars of games and wouldn't want to come back on you. The risk wasn't worth the reward here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back