XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no... I'm a game flipping, hoarding, coupon advantage taking son of a bitch... But I was smart enough to know that the one thing I didn't want to screw around with was trying to get free games from XBL by falsifying account information.

If Best Buy said "Nope - can't give you 32 copies of Nerf for free.", I'd walk away... If MS had a problem with me using their coupons to buy a shit ton of MS points for 67% off, I'd have stopped buying... If the clerk at Target had said "I can't believe the coupon is right. You just bought 2 $10 games and got an $80 game free...", I'd have walked away. This was something ENTIRELY different. There was no opportunity to just walk out of a store and not complete a transaction. There was no one to approve an errant coupon. Once you got a game, you were done. In a clerk situation, they validate that you are good to go. If they hit total and you pay, you have a completed transaction with a representative of the store. You didn't have that here. You just had to hope that MS was OK with you taking hundreds of dollars of games and wouldn't want to come back on you. The risk wasn't worth the reward here.
We all went in knowing there was a risk. We were hit the downside, which means we hit the probability. We are sad that it happened. ("We" being used loosely since I am not banned, yet).

So you, and others who take the "I'm glad I didn't do this, it seemed shady" stance, what's your argument? That you made a intelligent decision?

We all went in knowing there was a risk. We were hit the downside, which means we hit the probability. We are sad that it happened. ("We" being used loosely since I am not banned, yet).

So you, and others who take the "I'm glad I didn't do this, it seemed shady" stance, what's your argument? That you made a intelligent decision?
We're the counter argument to the "I didn't do anything against the ToS." people. :)

Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying Bioshock: Infinite? You know, just to get back on topic.

We're the counter argument to the "I didn't do anything against the ToS." people. :)

Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying Bioshock: Infinite? You know, just to get back on topic.
Oh, okay, I think there isn't an argument that we did something shady. I felt dirty doing it, and felt the rush of it, and so happy when they didn't catch me..until now. Same mentality as Walter White.

Oh, and Bioshock was great, though I'm not Christian so didn't quite get the religious aspect of it.

Also, I don't think on-topic matters now as I think this is going to die if tyler is not here.

The cake girl is a lie.
It is a good game indeed, I will update with thoughts of Rayman (good thing it's offline co-op too ;P)

If Tyler won't be active here, it would seem to make sense to start a new thread with a new OP. Though if all the ban hammer talk will just end up there then maybe wait for it to die down here first.

ohai guize, just wanted to ask if there are any deals on hard drives cuz my 360 internal is all full of games i can still play LUL~

If Tyler won't be active here, it would seem to make sense to start a new thread with a new OP. Though if all the ban hammer talk will just end up there then maybe wait for it to die down here first.
If anyone wants to take up on that responsibility then probably CAGs are decent enough to keep the ban talk contained in this thread. Except maybe newcomers who don't know the situation.

I believe he's been trying to Wiki it, but it keeps changing back.
Has a wiki thread ever ended up to be timely updated, organized and structured? (Serious question, not sarcastic, I'm not in the CAG five year club yet so I can't say for its history).

Whats wrong with starting a new thread? Whoever wants to run it can just copy the first page to the new thread.
Nobody is against a new thread, we don't have a trustworthy and responsible host candidate. Even when he/she does, he/she would need to live up to the standards set by tyler (and frisky).

What's this he/she nonsense? Some kind of science-fiction deal?

[customspoiler='Click If You're Dumb']That's a King of the Hill reference, obviously.[/customspoiler]

Wow I've missed a lot. I'm not banned though, I made a Hungarian account to get discounts on those capcom games a cpl months ago but I forgot to pull the trigger.

I can be trustworthy enough to make a new thread if need be. I just don't want to step on Tyler's (or any other senior member's) toes.

If MS had a problem with me using their coupons to buy a shit ton of MS points for 67% off, I'd have stopped buying...
Oddly enough, they did care. Several people, including me, had negative consequences from that.

I never took part in this exploit because it seemed like too much work for too little reward, but I'm kind of surprised by all the moralizing going on here. This wasn't that much different than other exploits that have gone unnoticed or unpunished, and to see the ban hammer come down on so many people so close to an extremely competitive console launch is surprising to me.

I feel sorry for all those who had their main gamertag banned. Losing everything that's associated with it (licenses to legitimately purchased content, unlocked achievements and gamerscore), as well as the time, money and effort invested in the process, must be gut-wrenching. I think Microsoft is being very heavy-handed in the way they handle this incident, even if reason is on their side.

I've read this over at Bordersdown, hopefully it'll relieve some of you who are wondering if the banhammer will be swung your way next.

The reason for the bans is Oman and Bosnia aren't supported as Xbox LIVE regions. If you live in those regions, you get a message that Xbox LIVE isn't available where you live. However, it appears if you connect via a foreign IP, you skip that message and I can only assume you instead access PartnerNet (which is Microsoft's development network).

It appears this is just a rather nasty bug that Microsoft hasn't fixed and their remedy to ban users is terrible. Warner Brothers may have issued a complaint and asked Microsoft to crack down.

Lol, that's a bunch of bullshit. You can't connect to PartnerNet like that. The account has to actually be a PartnerNet account as opposed to an Xbox LIVE account.

I'll keep this thread as up to date as I can for now.  I really think the top candidates for taking the reigns are Cornelius and BobbyTastic since the contribute so much.  However, it doesn't seem like they're here all that often (or maybe they are, they just don't comment much).

But for now, I'm not going to just let this thread die, it will be updated on Tuesday like normal.  I've also wikified it (for the fourth time) so lets see if maybe that will stick.

What happens if you have a lot of MSPs (credit) on your account when they ban you? Do you get that money back or is it lost?

I have a lot of money built up and still am not banned. Wondering if I could switch it over to a new account before they did anything, if they do anything.

I'll keep this thread as up to date as I can for now. I really think the top candidates for taking the reigns are Cornelius and BobbyTastic since the contribute so much. However, it doesn't seem like they're here all that often (or maybe they are, they just don't comment much).

But for now, I'm not going to just let this thread die, it will be updated on Tuesday like normal. I've also wikified it (for the fourth time) so lets see if maybe that will stick.
It's good to hear that you'll be around Tyler. Yeah, Cornelius and BobbyTastic sounds good. Juice the Savior also mentioned that he might take the reigns if noone else does.

Hope that wiki glitch were it's turning back to unwiki will be solved soon.

What happens if you have a lot of MSPs (credit) on your account when they ban you? Do you get that money back or is it lost?

I have a lot of money built up and still am not banned. Wondering if I could switch it over to a new account before they did anything, if they do anything.
You can't really do anything. If your account is banned you lose access to the funds in it.

If you think you will get banned, it's probably best to spend the remaining money in your account so that you can play the content offline or on a new console if you only get console banned.

If you think you will get banned, it's probably best to spend the remaining money in your account so that you can play the content offline or on a new console if you only get console banned.
I have two consoles so I'm not worried about the console ban. Only worried about the account ban.

Two of my friends downloaded the Oman games and did not get banned (yet) so hopefully that is a good sign.

i'd advise spending it, if you get account banned like tyler you're screwed out of it. if you miss the banhammer at least you will have a bunch of stuff to play. you'll be really pissed if you end up account banned with a bunch of money lying in there, and at least you have a heads up on the situation unlike the people that got the first bans. i mean they *might* be done banning people but nobody really has a clue

So making accounts in what regions are getting people banned? I unfortunately did the (edit)Costa Rican Injustice thing. Hate to think about getting a console ban for a game I've played all of 10 minutes of. Lesson learned for the future either way, I suppose.

My sympathies to those like Tyler who got a ban for this.

So making accounts in what regions are getting people banned? I unfortunately did the Puerto Rican Injustice thing. Hate to think about getting a console ban for a game I've played all of 10 minutes of. Lesson learned for the future either way, I suppose.

My sympathies to those like Tyler who got a ban for this.
Bans appear to have slowed down but don't consider yourself safe by any means.

Honestly I haven't turned the 360 on for a couple of weeks so I don't even know. I'll go check now. Just wondering how far reaching it was.

Edit: Well, fingers crossed but nothing so far on my end. Just did the Injustice (edit)Costa Rican thing and skipped out on the other ones so don't know if that's related or I'm just lucky for now.

Edit 2: Reading back through the thread I see that the common thread seems to be Rayman Legends. Totally missed that when it happened.

Certainly seems like the bans have slowed down. Haven't seen much today. There was a whole page of people asking about it in XBOX forums yesterday and only 1 so far today... Who knows if they're just doing them in batches or not, though? They could have just stopped for the weekend and have a whole list for Monday... No one knows.

I know one thing - if there was ANY chance that I was going to be banned, I'd be spending this weekend buying stuff with my points and downloading anything I had ever bought.

Certainly seems like the bans have slowed down. Haven't seen much today. There was a whole page of people asking about it in XBOX forums yesterday and only 1 so far today... Who knows if they're just doing them in batches or not, though? They could have just stopped for the weekend and have a whole list for Monday... No one knows.

I know one thing - if there was ANY chance that I was going to be banned, I'd be spending this weekend buying stuff with my points and downloading anything I had ever bought.
the xbox forums is not a good way to judge the amount of bans being handed out as they make most of the topics private moments after they get posted.

So were the bans mainly for the Oman stuff or was it even including Injustice/Angry Birds/AC3 (from way back when)? I am glad I missed out on these because if I saw them I know I'd have gotten them and most certainly been banned.

Juice you're luck that link didn't work. Did you check the banning discussion thread? eklipse posted he got an account banned for using that free 1 month link. Wtf is up with Microsoft?

You know what would be icing on this shit cake, if all the Mass Effect stuff finally goes on sale this Tuesday and a bunch of us are banned before we get it. :oldman:

console banning makes great sense.... force people to get a xbox one at launch

at the same time... i'm sure alot of people would just be like "i'm done with xbox now'.

console banning makes great sense.... force people to get a xbox one at launch
i think its insane anyone would do this

but i'm sure some people will keep drinking the kool aid. personally when a company gives me the middle finger i write them off for life and tell friends to do the same. yes we did something wrong but a ban is a straight up silly punishment when they have the ability to deny access to the games and just suspend your gold for a month or two. the company does not respect the consumer at all. especially considering how some may get no punishment, some a console ban, and some like tyler lose even their main GT. no consistency or order to it, it's just random chaos.

that said i still have money in my account so i hope citadel goes on sale one day before they randomly decide it's time to axe me

I know they say any publicity is good publicity, but this is a terrible way to get people to buy their new system. What if you were caught going 5 mph over the speed limit and your car maker came and ripped out the engine. Then said, by the way, we fucked up your car but the new model is coming out next month, come get it. Would you want to buy another car from them?

I certainly wouldn't trust Microsoft if I had 400k+ gamer score and all of it was taken away because of one stupid mistake that was partially Microsoft's fault. Nobody here is squeaky clean. I agree people should be taught a lesson, but many are first time offenders and this is definitely not the best way to teach them a lesson.

Trolls keep saying, "nobody will learn if they aren't banned". Well obviously almost all of us have learned not to do this again. No need to permaban.

wtf? who the hell got banned for trying to get a free 1 month?
Yea I don't buy that. That's not even an exploit really. That's all on microsoft. If you got banned for that I'm pretty sure you could raise hell. The other stuff is laid out pretty clearly as a workaround, the month live could literally be passed to you as a trial from a friend and you'd have done nothing wrong.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure it's not left open for awhile on purpose. Since everyone is then on auto renewal. Microsoft once sent me an email saying I had no valid payment on file because my card had expired. They then charged it anyway and left my live on for a month then banned me for no payment until I paid the back amount to them. This was despite the fact that their system had told me before that month that I had no way to pay. They just left it on anyway rather than reverting me to silver. I imagine if they catch a few people with that stuff it pays off to leave the link open.

i think its insane anyone would do this

but i'm sure some people will keep drinking the kool aid. personally when a company gives me the middle finger i write them off for life and tell friends to do the same. yes we did something wrong but a ban is a straight up silly punishment when they have the ability to deny access to the games and just suspend your gold for a month or two. the company does not respect the consumer at all. especially considering how some may get no punishment, some a console ban, and some like tyler lose even their main GT. no consistency or order to it, it's just random chaos.

that said i still have money in my account so i hope citadel goes on sale one day before they randomly decide it's time to axe me
"deny access to the games"... Thats like saying HEY you snuck into this movie theater and watched this movie! Well we are just gonna tell you to close your eyes. You seem to not understand... The game is ON YOUR HARD DRIVE, with full ability to play it. They can deny access to the ONLINE, but not the OFFLINE. It is reasonable to assume you would be banned from a theater for sneaking in over and over, even if the door was unlocked, and you saw a bunch of OTHER people doing it. Microsoft made the decision when they banned the people they did "We no longer want your buisness". They make MASSIVE money, if people get banned and decide "oh well I will show them! No more buying from them anymore" it really doesn't hurt them.

"deny access to the games"... Thats like saying HEY you snuck into this movie theater and watched this movie! Well we are just gonna tell you to close your eyes. You seem to not understand... The game is ON YOUR HARD DRIVE, with full ability to play it. They can deny access to the ONLINE, but not the OFFLINE. It is reasonable to assume you would be banned from a theater for sneaking in over and over, even if the door was unlocked, and you saw a bunch of OTHER people doing it. Microsoft made the decision when they banned the people they did "We no longer want your buisness". They make MASSIVE money, if people get banned and decide "oh well I will show them! No more buying from them anymore" it really doesn't hurt them.
they obviously don't have the money to hire competent computer programmers who can keep their games from being accessed by thousands of users for free, so i think they do need some more money. unless they truly prefer to pay people to sit around and ban accounts of customers and lock them out of hundreds of dollars of their content instead of spending that money to fix their own clearly broken infrastructure.

regardless if you think the bans are 'fair' for some asenine reason, the judgement is all over the place as i said. some users a console ban, some lose their main GT, and there's no order to it at all. NONE. MS clearly lacks a unified infrastructure and rule system. it's like arresting 10 people for shoplifting, putting them in a circle around a blindfolded guy with a shotgun and letting him dole out justice. the company's right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. that's not the kind of companies i want to help support in any business in life.

sure my money lost won't hurt MS in any appreciable wa,y but if i start spending all my gaming money on valve's service i'll surely have a lot more money in my own pocket. and that's one thing i can thank MS for, making that an easier decision.

they obviously don't have the money to hire competent computer programmers who can keep their games from being accessed by thousands of users for free, so i think they do need some more money. unless they truly prefer to pay people to sit around and ban accounts of customers and lock them out of hundreds of dollars of their content instead of spending that money to fix their own clearly broken infrastructure.

regardless if you think the bans are 'fair' for some asenine reason, the judgement is all over the place as i said. some users a console ban, some lose their main GT, and there's no order to it at all. NONE. MS clearly lacks a unified infrastructure and rule system. it's like arresting 10 people for shoplifting, putting them in a circle around a blindfolded guy with a shotgun and letting him dole out justice. the company's right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. that's not the kind of companies i want to help support in any business in life.

sure my money lost won't hurt MS in any appreciable wa,y but if i start spending all my gaming money on valve's service i'll surely have a lot more money in my own pocket. and that's one thing i can thank MS for, making that an easier decision.
Strong analogy, well put.

be careful, at least one person reported a ban for abusing the free/supercheap 1 month gold things online. MS is on their period right now i'd watch it.
Well crap. Good thing I haven't used the dollar thing much then, . Guess I'll have to give up on using it altogehter if that's going to be the case

Urg I hate how the bulk of their sales are for Gold memebers only. I don't really play online multiplayer so it's stupid to have to pay them to get a discount for the dlc of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back