XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why it can't happen. When CAG was being upgraded recently, buy.com was selling XBL memberships for $20. I don't remember if they were digital or physical, but they obviously don't come in clamshell packaging anymore.
I Don't think the problem will be finding deals on Gold still, since we got that $10 MSRP mark up for...well, really no reason and all that profit goes straight to Microsoft and it transfers over no problem. That and not like they'll be changing the pricing structure on that in the forseeable future, but points are a different matter since they barely go on sale as is unless there's some kinda gift card promotion that gets exploited. Meanwhile with points, Microsoft only gets part of the share while depending on what's spent the publisher gets a fix too.

I think its BS if our points to dollars expire in a year. Hopefully someone sues them or something.
The amount of people with MS points that can't be spent in less then a year is few and far between, that and I'm sure if you read the fine print Microsoft has ways of protecting their asses from such stupid lawsuits.

Yeah, the original white Xbox 360 with 1 USB in the back, 2 in the front. 2007-era machine. The Sandisk Cruzer Fit 32GB definitely fits if you take the faceplate off, plug the USB drive in, and then put the faceplate back on. My USB door is taped shut because the metal hinge broke. Below is a picture of the little guy plugged in. Once inserted, it's thinner than my finger. Not sure why the reviewer thought it was too big.

http://imgur.com/otGAjZY
Oh, I see. The reviewer probably just tried pushing it through the flap and not removing the faceplate. In fact, I probably would have done the same. Until you mentioned it just now, I forgot that these old 360's even had removable faceplates.

Thanks for the info! This makes these flash drives even more appealing now. If the new dashboard update doesn't increase the total extra storage space allowed like last year's did, then I will definitely look into buying one or two of the 32GB Cruzer Fits.

After making a few last minute purchases this morning at work, my total haul is

Borderlands 2

Lego Batman 2

Divinity 2 DKS

Brothers in Arms BiB

Borderlands 2 Psycho Bandit

BL2 Creature Slaughterdome

This week I'll pick up both Dishonored DLCs, and if I decide I'll buy MGR anytime soon, I'll get that DLC as well.

For anyone with the beta, if you go to commerce.microsoft.com, have your points been converted to a cash amount there as well, or is it just what you see on the Xbox?
I wouldn't know, I can't check my Commerce page FOR ANOTHER MONTH. Thanks Microsoft. Some stupid shit about how I changed my security info, now I'm locked out of my account for a month? TALK ABOUT COMPLETE BULLSH*T. I'm pissed off. I don't care what kind of account it is, this should NEVER happen.

Also, they charge tax on every downloadable game now. Meaning, if they changed your 800 points into $10, you can put that $10 towards a $10 game and then u still have to pay tax too.

That's incredibly annoying.

Is anyone still having issues downloading Forza Horizon? I'm getting a weird error code when I go to download it. I know it was mentioned in the previous thread that a few people had this issue. Did anyone figure out how to resolve it?

I was so looking forward to 400 days. Big disappointment. Of course I played all of the first "episode" at once instead of each dlc a couple of months apart. Idk if that matters. It was way to short for "400" days. If you havent bought it yet id wait on it. For right now it just seemed like a cash grab.

I was so looking forward to 400 days. Big disappointment. Of course I played all of the first "episode" at once instead of each dlc a couple of months apart. Idk if that matters. It was way to short for "400" days. If you havent bought it yet id wait on it. For right now it just seemed like a cash grab.
I found 400 days to be excellent. If you liked Season 1 you should like 400 days.

It's not meant to be as big as any of the episodes so far. It just bridges Season 1 and 2. It's filled with nods and connections between each story and overall worked very well imo.

I guess to each his own though

Also, they charge tax on every downloadable game now. Meaning, if they changed your 800 points into $10, you can put that $10 towards a $10 game and then u still have to pay tax too.

Games are $9.99 the $10.00 will cover it at least in the States. Just bought some DLC and game and it was fine with my 1200 MSP I had before.

This is all microsofts fault because they make so much money on the tax. Someone should sue them!

----

Good to know about the expiration of dollars. I'll have to ditch some physical games for GoD then.

The conversion is so bad.. 400MSP now are both 4.99€/$, right? And then why are 80=1€ but more than 1$?

Today I'm going to redeem 800MSP and see what they add

I think its BS if our points to dollars expire in a year. Hopefully someone sues them or something.
Seriously. What is this nonsense? This transition was supposed to be what a lot of people wanted (not me, because I always got deals on Microsoft Points), and yet somehow, Microsoft is able to fudge up something that's supposed to be PR positive. Someone should write a business book on Microsoft about what not to do, honestly.

I Wonder could you buy stuff from the microsoft store with the migrated points
I was wondering this myself, and tried checking the Microsoft Store, but I'm not sure where I can check my balance. I tried randomly checking out with an item, and I only had regular payment options.

Games are $9.99 the $10.00 will cover it at least in the States. Just bought some DLC and game and it was fine with my 1200 MSP I had before.
Well maybe its just my state, but Microsoft always charges tax for me on GoD's, and with the switch coming, it certainly looks like everything downloadable is taxed. Including Arcade games, add-ons, and Avatar items.

Never buy Battle: LA. One of the most terrible (XBLA) games I've ever played. One of I think one or two games I gave an F for on my review site. Save your money, PLEASE.

DLCs/Games for 400MSP now are 4,99€.

But my 400MSP are being converted in less than 5€, 4,80€.

Things that were 800MSP are now 9,99€ but 800MSP get converted in 9,60€. Come on MS.

Seriously. What is this nonsense? This transition was supposed to be what a lot of people wanted (not me, because I always got deals on Microsoft Points), and yet somehow, Microsoft is able to fudge up something that's supposed to be PR positive. Someone should write a business book on Microsoft about what not to do, honestly.
They are making tons of money for their investors, which is their only job. They hit record high stock prices recently.

what are peoples thoughts on "battle: los angeles"
from someone who loved the movie... this game is complete ass

it stinks of onions and basement!

the only thing going for it has to be the graphics, and even then its not that great. I beat it on an old account and never bothered to download it and beat it again so i can have the achievements on my current account. I would 1.50 TOPS for this. Its not even that long if i recall... like 35-45 minutes id say

from someone who loved the movie... this game is complete ass

it stinks of onions and basement!

the only thing going for it has to be the graphics, and even then its not that great. I beat it on an old account and never bothered to download it and beat it again so i can have the achievements on my current account. I would 1.50 TOPS for this. Its not even that long if i recall... like 35-45 minutes id say
Thx for the response and to the others that replied, i'll save my points for something else.

i thought it was illegal for giftcards and such to expire in the US now? Guess not. Glad i didn't sign up for that beta. Dash betas always screw gamers out of deals one way or another, last one locked you out of specific deals so i figured signing up for this one would be a bad idea somehow.

Question for those who did the update, when you redeem MS points, do they convert to money? I had my 330 points turn to $4.50 and I want to input one of my 1200 points codes.

Question for those who did the update, when you redeem MS points, do they convert to money? I had my 330 points turn to $4.50 and I want to input one of my 1200 points codes.
Just put the code in on your console and it will give you a redemption confirmation screen. I'm sure it will just redeem for $15 if you live in the US.

i thought it was illegal for giftcards and such to expire in the US now? Guess not. Glad i didn't sign up for that beta. Dash betas always screw gamers out of deals one way or another, last one locked you out of specific deals so i figured signing up for this one would be a bad idea somehow.
It is illegal in certain states, for example California, Oregon, and Microsoft's home state of Washington. Not sure how they are getting around it legally.

http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/banking/gift-cards-and-certificates-statutes-and-legis.aspx

Yeah, I hope all the people who used to bitch about points are happy.

Now you can use real money, even more of it than before !!!!
Man, seeing the msp conversion into local currency in UK is sad, but i expected that since you already pay more for Games On Demand titles, compared to most of the countries.

I better spend these 4k points on my gamertag before the update roll for everyone, otherwise they will screw me.

There was a lot of bitching about msp, clearly from people who don't bother to search for any deals...

Man, seeing the msp conversion into local currency in UK is sad, but i expected that since you already pay more for Games On Demand titles, compared to most of the countries.

I better spend these 4k points on my gamertag before the update roll for everyone, otherwise they will screw me.

There was a lot of bitching about msp, clearly from people who don't bother to search for any deals...
Yep, I have 30000+ in my account right now, the majority from that MS store thing. Figure I've got till about this time next year to spend them.

As soon as I saw that points conversion thing was part of it I Got TFO of that Beta registration app!

Yes, you can still redeem point cards and codes. They will convert to currency. For example, I just entered a Bing 100 point code on the website and it converted to currency.

Anyone have issues downloading Bully?

I bought it on my other XBox under my profile, and when I go to my wife's xbox It's asking me to pay $15 again.

It's still on my other xbox and I have no issues playing it there even when signed out.

I've always been able to re-download Games on Demand titles on multiple xboxs except Bully for some reason. I didn't try deleting it incase I couldn't re-download it again.

I came here looking for the next weekly update (which still doesn't show on MS' Deal of the Weak page), and instead I read the MS points to currency conversion has already taken place. That was a surprise. I was aware they were going to convert the points someday and expire those within 1 year, but I didn't know it was today.

After some Googling and skimming posts here, I have yet to see any definite answer on what happens to unredeemed Xbox Live points codes we have sitting around in drawers in the future? Do we now have to enter those points codes within 1 year of today (or 1 year of when we bought them which could be a problem as some of my points codes were bought over a year ago)?

If not-yet-redeemed point codes never expire once they're entered (and are instantly converted to currency), does that mean we should enter all of our stacks of points codes now in case Microsoft decides to expire our older not-yet-redeeemd codes at any moment?

And did I read right that Microsoft is now charging local sales tax on all digital game purchases with their converted currency? If so, that's basically a 9% price increase on everything. Any more good news from Microsoft? Why doesn't Microsoft just drive by my house, ring my doorbell, and beat me up while they're already busy messing things up?

I bought it on my other XBox under my profile, and when I go to my wife's xbox It's asking me to pay $15 again.

It's still on my other xbox and I have no issues playing it there even when signed out.

I've always been able to re-download Games on Demand titles on multiple xboxs except Bully for some reason. I didn't try deleting it incase I couldn't re-download it again.
You're screwed.

Haha not really, I don't know, but I think they swapped out the digital files of Bully at some point. I remember when it was on sale people couldn't buy it, or download it, or redownload it, or something. Anyway it was a pretty big issue a few months ago, maybe someone can give you a better answer than me. (I have my digital version downloaded and don't plan on deleting it ever because of this issue)

I remember having trouble downloading it during the last sale. My suggestion would be to check your transaction history to see if it shows up there. If not, go on xbox.com look at your download history and if it's there add it to queue.

I came here looking for the next weekly update (which still doesn't show on MS' Deal of the Weak page), and instead I read the MS points to currency conversion has already taken place. That was a surprise. I was aware they were going to convert the points someday and expire those within 1 year, but I didn't know it was today.

After some Googling and skimming posts here, I have yet to see any definite answer on what happens to unredeemed Xbox Live points codes we have sitting around in drawers in the future? Do we now have to enter those points codes within 1 year of today (or 1 year of when we bought them which could be a problem as some of my points codes were bought over a year ago)?

If not-yet-redeemed point codes never expire once they're entered (and are instantly converted to currency), does that mean we should enter all of our stacks of points codes now in case Microsoft decides to expire our older not-yet-redeeemd codes at any moment?

And did I read right that Microsoft is now charging local sales tax on all digital game purchases with their converted currency? If so, that's basically a 9% price increase on everything. Any more good news from Microsoft? Why doesn't Microsoft just drive by my house, ring my doorbell, and beat me up while they're already busy messing things up?
Microsoft Points Cards you purchase at retail will continue to be redeemable on your console and Xbox.com until further notice. Microsoft has no plans to discontinue acceptance of previously purchased Points cards and codes.

What if I have codes and/or Microsoft Points Cards that I haven’t yet redeemed after the transition?

Go ahead and redeem them! Even after your account transitions, we’ll still accept purchased Microsoft Points Cards and codes until further notice, and we’ll add to your account an amount of local currency equal to or greater than the Marketplace value of those points. When you redeem a Points card or code, those Points will be retired, and your account will begin using your local currency instead. Microsoft Points cards and codes that you purchased and redeem after the transition will expire one year from the date the Points are redeemed.

Will I be taxed on my purchase?

We will not apply taxes when you purchase content using currency that we add to your account at the time of the transition. However, when you use currency that you add to your account after the transition (including from Xbox Gift Cards), all appropriate taxes will be applied to those purchases.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq

Also, you're points will only convert today if you signed up to be in the beta for the new dashboard.

I remember having trouble downloading it during the last sale. My suggestion would be to check your transaction history to see if it shows up there. If not, go on xbox.com look at your download history and if it's there add it to queue.
Yeah this is what I had to do when I wanted to re-download it onto a different HD, went through my transaction history cos it was asking me to pay again on the Marketplace.

I see the expiry date is 6/1/2015 for the converted MSPs, that's actually not that bad.

You're screwed.

Haha not really, I don't know, but I think they swapped out the digital files of Bully at some point. I remember when it was on sale people couldn't buy it, or download it, or redownload it, or something. Anyway it was a pretty big issue a few months ago, maybe someone can give you a better answer than me. (I have my digital version downloaded and don't plan on deleting it ever because of this issue)

Thanks guys. I was able to go to my download history on xbox.com and re-download it from there. They did indeed change the file, so maybe years down the road this will be a issue if both xboxs die and they remove stuff from your download history (oh the shitstorm that would ensue) but for now looks like I'm good :) Thanks again guys.

"we’ll still accept purchased Microsoft Points Cards and codes until further notice"

MS originally stated MSP cards would only be redeemable until early 2015.

and

"Microsoft Points cards and codes that you purchased and redeem after the transition will expire one year from the date the Points are redeemed"

Before, it was only the points that were converted during the transition that would expire after one year. Now your MSP will expire one year after you redeem them.

If I understand this correctly, this is slightly better news. For the time being, we won't have to redeem the MSP cards until we need them and then have a year to spend those points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back