XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually the Rocksmith songs that are on sale are right next to each other on the xbox site, but they threw in Maroon 5-This Love for whatever reason.

Cloudberry Kingdom is as dumb as the name sounds.  I was bored to tears with the neverending demo.  I got to level 31 and decided to mass kill my guy so the torture would end.  Not only does it feel pointless, but it feels REALLY cheaply done.  I've seen much better indie games for 80msp than this game.

Speaking of which, I found the greatest indie game of 2013 (obviously, since it won the eat.play.fart award or whatever it's called)

One Finger Death Punch for 80msp, try it or buy it.  It blew me away with its awesomeness and made me even more pissed off at Cloudberry since I demo'd and bought this right after demoing that.

It's been a long time since I've bought an Indie game, but I couldn't buy this one fast enough when the time limit ran out on the demo.

Cloudberry Kingdom is as dumb as the name sounds. I was bored to tears with the neverending demo. I got to level 31 and decided to mass kill my guy so the torture would end. Not only does it feel pointless, but it feels REALLY cheaply done. I've seen much better indie games for 80msp than this game.

Speaking of which, I found the greatest indie game of 2013 (obviously, since it won the eat.play.fart award or whatever it's called)
Lol, i said the same thing before the game was released.You can find much more varied and better looking titles in indie channel for just a dollar.

btw Looking forward to try Brothers demo today.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/BrothersATaleofTwoSons/BrothersE3Screen5.jpg

Lol, i said the same thing before the game was released.You can find much more varied and better looking titles in indie channel for just a dollar.

btw Looking forward to try Brothers demo today.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/BrothersATaleofTwoSons/BrothersE3Screen5.jpg
I beat Brothers, its a cool game, around 5-6 hours with some cool puzzles and its light hearted and dark at the same time, nice unique game. I was hooked on Cloudberry for a week but i've stopped now, i give Cloudberry a 7.5 and Brothers an 8. I need Charlie Murder sooo bad.

Gears of War: Judgement is down to $40 (3200MSP) and Halo Wars is $15 (1200 MSP) with Nike+ Kinect Training at $30 (2400 MSP)...looks like August Price Drop has begun.

halo wars at 1200? Maybe ill finally get away with playing it now... im not a big RTS fan but i did enjoy what i played of Halo Wars with a friend back when it launched.

Anyone up for co-oping?

I'm still loving Cloudberry.  I agree that the visuals suck (but I really don't give a shit about graphics in a game as long as the game is functional).

I still make the arguement that Cloudberry is pure platforming bliss.  There's not a lot to do besides jumping from one platform to the next, but the devs did a good job of creating enough variation with the different type of "heroes" you can use (Double Jump, Jetpack, Spaceship, etc).

I'm still loving Cloudberry. I agree that the visuals suck (but I really don't give a shit about graphics in a game as long as the game is functional).

I still make the arguement that Cloudberry is pure platforming bliss. There's not a lot to do besides jumping from one platform to the next, but the devs did a good job of creating enough variation with the different type of "heroes" you can use (Double Jump, Jetpack, Spaceship, etc).
Yea but I think you see the point others are making that platformers aren't in short supply in videogames so it's always hard to pay full price for one that doesn't stand out. For me N+ is the perfect platformer because as you say, no graphics to speak of, just learning to time your jumps and plan things out.

halo wars at 1200? Maybe ill finally get away with playing it now... im not a big RTS fan but i did enjoy what i played of Halo Wars with a friend back when it launched.

Anyone up for co-oping?
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't buy any Microsoft published XBLA game right now. Who knows if it'll end up being one of the free games in the coming months.

OP is up to date.

As for this weeks sales, I guess it's nice that they didn't just fall back on Bioshock DLC or whatever, but I don't really think the prices are very good on the Spiderman and Xmen games.  Rayman is by far the best deal this week.

Also, if anyone is near their Xbox, maybe they can confirm if the Michael Jackson game is the Kinect Central deal of the week by checking on the dashboard?

EDIT: It also may be the Nike+ game.  Stupid Major Nelson posting the deals kinda sucks.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't buy any Microsoft published XBLA game right now. Who knows if it'll end up being one of the free games in the coming months.
Um....I can't really abide by that thinking. Who knows if it may be free from the hundreds of games to choose from? Especially Halo Wars when we know a Halo game is already coming? That's a bit too cheap ass for me. If it's a decent deal and you want to play it, pull the trigger as always, I say.

Anyone up for co-oping?
For $15? Why not just wait for a buy 2 get 1 free offer and get the disc version? that way if you don't like it you can sell it or give it away.

I'm still loving Cloudberry. I agree that the visuals suck (but I really don't give a shit about graphics in a game as long as the game is functional).

I still make the arguement that Cloudberry is pure platforming bliss. There's not a lot to do besides jumping from one platform to the next, but the devs did a good job of creating enough variation with the different type of "heroes" you can use (Double Jump, Jetpack, Spaceship, etc).
Cloudberry is hella fun and, as it turns out, even better multiplayer! My kids and I love it. We laugh a lot while playing. It's coop, not competitive which is perfect for this game. Lives and score are shared and if anyone makes it through the door you all make it. Really fun game and definitely worth the asking price.

I haven't had a chance to check out the MP in Cloudberry yet, but I've mostly heard similar sentiments as yours, that it's surprisingly fun and enjoyable.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine price isn't that great compared to disc. OTOH I more or less concur about the Spider-Man game prices, they seem to hold steady at $15-20 even for used. I might get Shattered Dimensions that seems to be the only universally liked one, though I'm surprised to hear everyone talking up Friend or Foe in this thread.

I have heard of this Ray-Man fellow but have never played his games. I know Origins is the one to get, but what exactly is so good about it? I'm considering that or Shattered Dimensions. The last Spider Man I played was SM3 which sucked compared to SM2 back in the day (Such fond memories with that one)

I managed to snag an official 250 GB "old style" hard drive at a GameStop brick and mortar store. They are indeed hard to find, and I'd advise caution buying them online, even on Amazon. Read the reviews for the ones on there, (I scoured Amazon for weeks before going to GameStop. I paid a little more there, but got to inspect the drive for the official sticker before buying), for red flags for knockoff drives.
Guessing that means you found it hard to find even refurbished.

Cloudberry Kingdom is as dumb as the name sounds. I was bored to tears with the neverending demo. I got to level 31 and decided to mass kill my guy so the torture would end. Not only does it feel pointless, but it feels REALLY cheaply done. I've seen much better indie games for 80msp than this game.

One Finger Death Punch for 80msp, try it or buy it. It blew me away with its awesomeness and made me even more pissed off at Cloudberry since I demo'd and bought this right after demoing that.

It's been a long time since I've bought an Indie game, but I couldn't buy this one fast enough when the time limit ran out on the demo.
I'll second this. I stumbled across One Finger Death Punch the other day and was blown away by how much fun such a simple concept (only uses 2 buttons?!??!) could be. I tweeted the developers because I'd love to see an Android version of this game. Touch screens seem like the perfect format.

Hope I don't get yelled at too much for this, but if anyone decides to pick up Halo Wars while it's on sale, I have a code for the DLC packs (comes bundled with the "Platinum hits" version of the game). Willing to trade for 200 MSP.

Edit: Gone. Thank you all for not calling me out on misusing the thread.

I'll second this. I stumbled across One Finger Death Punch the other day and was blown away by how much fun such a simple concept (only uses 2 buttons?!??!) could be. I tweeted the developers because I'd love to see an Android version of this game. Touch screens seem like the perfect format.
Thanks for the suggestion @Kerig and @Seppuku. I'm constantly looking for XBLIG to check out. I've never found a good source for reviews on XBLIG but I like supporting quality work in the program. Just set the trial to download and will check it out.

I have heard of this Ray-Man fellow but have never played his games. I know Origins is the one to get, but what exactly is so good about it? I'm considering that or Shattered Dimensions. The last Spider Man I played was SM3 which sucked compared to SM2 back in the day (Such fond memories with that one)
Rayman Origins is a really good 2D side scrolling platformer. There's a demo for it that you can check out.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Rayman-Origins-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80255538899

This is weird. I bought Cloudberry Kingdom yesterday (800 points). I started with 1590 points. Now I have 830 points. What? Not that I'm complaining!!! What did I miss? Where'd these mysterious 40 points come from?

This is weird. I bought Cloudberry Kingdom yesterday (800 points). I started with 1590 points. Now I have 830 points. What? Not that I'm complaining!!! What did I miss? Where'd these mysterious 40 points come from?
You can go to account.live.com to check points transactions on your account (click Billing on the left). I got a deposit today too, of 120 points, but it doesn't say what it's for. Must be some kind of backlogged rewards-related transaction if we're all getting something.

I received a credit of 380 points, not sure what for. However I haven't gotten my 1600 points for buying 5 games on demand (July punch card). I wonder if I need to contact them or if those points are still coming.

Also, if anyone is near their Xbox, maybe they can confirm if the Michael Jackson game is the Kinect Central deal of the week by checking on the dashboard?

EDIT: It also may be the Nike+ game. Stupid Major Nelson posting the deals kinda sucks.
Yup, Jackson is the Kinect Central themed DotW.

I only got 1360. You guys must buy a ton since I kinda do and most of you have alot more. Mine are all from the surveys and 2% rebate.
Ehh, idk, I buy quite a bit but not that much really.

800msp from myPunchards, 300 from the Triple Play offer, 400 from renewing Gold twice and 3 times I have a bonus where they did 5% back, then all the rest are from surveys and 2% rebates

Ehh, idk, I buy quite a bit but not that much really.

800msp from myPunchards, 300 from the Triple Play offer, 400 from renewing Gold twice and 3 times I have a bonus where they did 5% back, then all the rest are from surveys and 2% rebates
I never did the punchcards. They were always basically tricks to get you to "earn" the reward by buying so many full priced things. I would rather wait till they are on sale and buy them individually saving more. As for renewing gold, I dont get those every year as I have been on a family plan for $100 for the past three years. Cant beat $25 a year though. :bouncy:

I never did the punchcards. They were always basically tricks to get you to "earn" the reward by buying so many full priced things. I would rather wait till they are on sale and buy them individually saving more. As for renewing gold, I dont get those every year as I have been on a family plan for $100 for the past three years. Cant beat $25 a year though. :bouncy:
They had like 2 sets of Punchcards....

It's not a trick if you're going to buy the games anyway. And the games on sale even counted

I did the punchcard for "get 800 for spending 3200" and only bought things on sale :D/

I only got 1360. You guys must buy a ton since I kinda do and most of you have alot more. Mine are all from the surveys and 2% rebate.
Most I got was from 5% and some smaller like triple play, halo 4, and some others. I've gotten lots of free points which then got me more free points from Xbox Rewards.

Pfff, I only have 730MSP, I only buy MSP when I need to purchase something. The rebates and punchcards prizes were spent some time ago.

edit: ah! hahaha, I misundestood xD From the rewards program I got 2270 MSP. Not bad at all.

I think beta screwed up my reward deposit. I hope I get them in the future.
Same here. I got an email when they tried to deposit my 100 MSP last month but I had just converted my MSP to $ in the Dashboard beta. They said to verify my info and they would try again. Looks like I lost out.

Otherwise, I got 4770 MSP during my 5 years as a Rewards member. Like MrNinjaSquirrel I usually just bought stuff on sale that I was going to buy anyways so I didn't go out of my way to participate.

Yup, Jackson is the Kinect Central themed DotW.
Thanks, I'll update that in the OP. Glad to know that promo still exists, I'm waiting for Doodle Jump to get a buck or 2 cut off it's price.

I ended up with 2350 points from the Rewards Program:

Surveys - 540

2% Rebate - 310

Renewing Xbox Live - 590

Birthday Gift - 20

Stay Gold 5% Rebates - 410

Purchase or Redeem 2800 MSP Promo - 140

Apocolyptic Rewards - 100 (I don't remember what this was)

Sports Games Rebate - 240 (Took me 3 weeks and tons of message board posting to finally get this credited to my account. Turned me off the monthly rewards completely)

So $29.38 over 2.5 years. Not exactly going to win MS any "Friendliest Company Ever" awards, but hard to shake a stick at nearly $30, most of which was made just by passively doing things on Xbox Live and taking surveys.

I got 3490 points. Bastards robbed me out of my 20 MSP birthday gift though.

Edit: As soon as I posted this I got 30 MSPs.

I ended up with 1980.  Never went out of my way to do any punchcards or anything.  All from the 2% rebate every month, the survey, and 12 month Live renewals, and one entry for 100 points for "Apocalyptic Rewards" don't remember what that was maybe a punchcard I never even noticed I filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back