XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent even gotten an email yet saying how much MSP i got....I doubt its much though.
You check online yourself. At least thats what I did.

Kind of off topic but just finished my first playthrough of Alan Wake. While it starts off VERY slow, it picked up a little and I enjoyed it. Best 400 MSP I have spent in awhile. Now to play the DLC a bit later. :D

Hey coach,

Special forces team X just dropped to 400 pts. I've never even heard of this game...
Good hustle Bajingo. You're going places kid.

Special Forces Team X is an online only third person shooter with very tepid reviews. I'm sure there's not much of a community. I haven't played it, but when the servers inevitably go down, I'm sure it will be virtually unplayable. I think a lot of us got burned on Nexuiz (even at $2.50) a few months back. I know I have no desire to buy another online multiplayer XBLA game, especially one like this where who knows what the financial status of the server hoster is.

Good hustle Bajingo. You're going places kid.

Special Forces Team X is an online only third person shooter with very tepid reviews. I'm sure there's not much of a community. I haven't played it, but when the servers inevitably go down, I'm sure it will be virtually unplayable. I think a lot of us got burned on Nexuiz (even at $2.50) a few months back. I know I have no desire to buy another online multiplayer XBLA game, especially one like this where who knows what the financial status of the server hoster is.

I'm downloading the demo but yeah, Nexuiz being shut down so soon hurt bad. Unless I wanna play SFTX right now, I'm not going to bother purchasing it.

I've been playing the Cloudberry Kingdom demo all day today and I am in love with it. It just might become the second arcade game I've ever purchased full price.

And it's a shame Special Forces: Team X multiplayer is pretty much dead. I just watched some gameplay and thought it looked pretty interesting.

And I earned a total of 1510 microsoft points and 3 avatar rewards (Halo Banshee prop, 10 Year Member reward and PlaytoEarn punchcard prop.)

I only got less than 400MSP because it started late here (like last november). But they "stole" my 2% rebate for the last two months because they say I wasn't Gold, but clearly I was since my Billing page shows all of my subscriptions. :/

I spent 5920MSP between June and July, that means they should've given me 120MSP

We had the program less than 2 years but I got 3.300 MSP during that time..not bad I'd say...(+ 2x 1 Month Gold code when the program started and another one for the punchcard thing including the avatar item)

Just deposited 20 pts! Hooray!

1640 pts on my primary acct, not bad considering my first survey was Apr 2012.  Can't check my bros, cause he changed his password a couple days ago, but I know I got him that mypunchcard for 800 back for spending 3200 and maybe 6 months of surveys.  Probably looking at about 2500 pts total.  That first punchcard where you just had to spend a total of 3200, and the one for buying 4-5 arcade games for 400+ pts were the only reasonable ones.  I tried and tried to make the GoD punch work for me, but they kept putting any games I would consider buying on sale for below the threshold for a punch.  At least that arcade one let you double-dip by getting games on sale to count for a punch (well triple-dip if you paid less than retail for the points in the first place).

For those that were wondering, pretty sure that Apocalyptic Reward was for spending a certain amount during that Countdown to 2013 Sale.

Still loving Cloudberry Kingdom. You really have to grab some friends/family and play it coop. So fun that way (but fun solo too). And you do get a lot for your money. There's plenty of variety created by different game modes and characters (the game changes to fit the character - so if you opt for Jetpack you're going to get levels that require the use of the jetpack, for example). The gravity guy is a bitch though. LOL.

Web of Shadows or Shattered Dimensions? Someone help!
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I prefer Web of Shadows.

They're two very different games. Web of Shadows is the ultimate open world Spider-Man game IMO (though Amazing Spider-Man is quite good too, and I think better than the movie).

Shattered Dimensions has more closed areas and focuses more on combat (though Web of Shadows has better combat than the older Spider-Man movie games). It's interesting playing as the different Spider-Men, but there's a lot less to do than in the open world of Web of Shadows.

Just checked, got deposited 340 MSP. Not sure what I'm doing different than everyone else in here, lol.

And apparently I've earned 5100 MSP ($63.75) through the program, not too shabby. Though I could have earned ~$10 more had I not spent 5 months earning 1% rebate instead of 2%. Damn. Oh well.

For the record, I was on Rewards since Feb. 2011 and I managed 1410 pts. for not doing much of anything at all.  The monthly surveys, making sure I got my hours in for video content, and some other odds and ends...  I never did anything that involved me spending anything to get points (save for the Netflix thing because my household already subscribed at the time, I guess).

I can't complain about 1410 free Rewards points.  I'm sure I could have gotten a lot more had I spent some $$$, but... then that defeats the purpose IMHO.

If Web of Shadows was slightly cheaper, it would be a no brainer. Easily the best Spider-Man game I've played across all gens.

XBLRFinal_zpsd00db324.jpg

Xbox Live Rewards Member since 2011-04-28,  1280 total points earned.

I never really outdid myself to try and gain points,  even missed monthly surveys from time to time. Only thing i'm kinda pissed about is i went through the trouble to raise my gamer score just enough to get me eligible to receive the birthday gift and i didn't get anything, birthday is in august.

If Web of Shadows was slightly cheaper, it would be a no brainer. Easily the best Spider-Man game I've played across all gens.
Better than PS1 Spider-Man!?!?! If so I need to play it asap. The game is a bit dated now but to me that game got it right in terms of the humor, characters, and matching the source material. I've played all the last gen ones (PS2\XBOX\GAMECUBE), need to catch up on this gen. I played Edge of Time, and Shattered Dimensions which were good but still not my favorite.

Better than PS1 Spider-Man!?!?! If so I need to play it asap. The game is a bit dated now but to me that game got it right in terms of the humor, characters, and matching the source material. I've played all the last gen ones (PS2\XBOX\GAMECUBE), need to catch up on this gen. I played Edge of Time, and Shattered Dimensions which were good but still not my favorite.
It's damn close, man. You will NOT be disappointed in Web of Shadows. The other games (Edge of Time/Shattered Dimensions/even Amazing Spider-Man) are throwaways in comparison.

It's damn close, man. You will NOT be disappointed in Web of Shadows. The other games (Edge of Time/Shattered Dimensions/even Amazing Spider-Man) are throwaways in comparison.
Wow cool, looking forward to it. I have it waiting. Guess I might play it sooner rather than later. Good stuff.

I used the 1 Month Gold Promo on my gf's account yesterday and made sure to turn Auto Renew Off, but through the console it says something like

Renewal Price 9.99

And on the site, there's no actual option to turn it on or off that I see. When I go to membership or something on the site in the corner it says Auto Renew Off but idk.

How do I make sure?

Havent they figured out that we will buy anything for 4.99-9.99 but 14.99 is way too much?
Yeah, these sale prices should just be the standard MSRP given the games age. I would have been hard pressed to resist at $5, but $15 is more than I care to spend on almost any game given my backlog. Oh well, not like I need to add any more games to the pile :p

Wow cool, looking forward to it. I have it waiting. Guess I might play it sooner rather than later. Good stuff.
I've been looking at the Spidey games myself, and bit the bullet on Web of Shadows as well, based on what folks have posted here. Looking forward to it as well!

I used the 1 Month Gold Promo on my gf's account yesterday and made sure to turn Auto Renew Off, but through the console it says something like

Renewal Price 9.99

And on the site, there's no actual option to turn it on or off that I see. When I go to membership or something on the site in the corner it says Auto Renew Off but idk.

How do I make sure?
Click 'My Account.' Near the top you'll have all of your goodies. (MSP balance, Xbox Live, Xbox Music, etc) Under Xbox Live it should read:

'Gold - 1 Month'

'Expires on: M/D/Y'

'Paid with: However you paid'

THIS IS YOUR GO TO AREA. I just now did the same and canceled auto payment and it reads "Keep playing by auto-renewing your membership." Before I canceled, it said something different but that was the exact spot I clicked to cancel the auto renewal.

Hope that helps.

So as long as it says, "Keep playing by auto-renewing." I should be good?

The weird thing is, I've actually clicked that and it takes you to the support page telling you how to, but even if I follow what it says, I can't turn it on or off

I managed 2530 MSP over the full-course of the Rewards program, and never went out of my way for it--aside from the "get back X%" months before the 1% & 2% stage.

BTW, if anyone was still perplexed about the random deposit they may have gotten, right on the main page after logging in:

"What's going to happen to the Microsoft Points I've earned?
A. Although the program will be changing, all your hard work will not go to waste! We're going to deposit ALL your Pending Points into your Xbox Account on August 7, 2013 – even if you haven't reached 100 Pending Points!"

So as long as it says, "Keep playing by auto-renewing." I should be good?

The weird thing is, I've actually clicked that and it takes you to the support page telling you how to, but even if I follow what it says, I can't turn it on or off
Yeah. directly under that you should see 'Get More Gold.' Click that and on the left you'll see the Automatic Renewal status for your current gold subscription.

Yeah. directly under that you should see 'Get More Gold.' Click that and on the left you'll see the Automatic Renewal status for your current gold subscription.
I'm probably going to have to contact them because when I check my profile, it clearly says

Renewal: Off

Renewal Price: N/A

idk, I don't understand why the option to turn it on or off is missing

I didn't get any more points/money deposited into my account, as I got an email saying they couldn't do it, presumably because I'm in the real money beta. I don't get why they didn't foresee this potential and adjust accordingly. I hope they figure it out so I can get the rest of my reward money after they tell us what the huge overhaul will be.

Still no reward points.

It's safe to say that joining the beta was a huge mistake.

I hope I get some sort of avatar t-shirt or something.

I'm probably going to have to contact them because when I check my profile, it clearly says

Renewal: Off

Renewal Price: N/A

idk, I don't understand why the option to turn it on or off is missing
As long as your renewal says off, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Here's what mine shows though:

Automatic Renewal: Off (Change)

Expires on: 9/6/2013
Payment Option: MasterCard (Change)

Still no reward points.

It's safe to say that joining the beta was a huge mistake.

I hope I get some sort of avatar t-shirt or something.
That was the one thing that put me off the beta this time, where it talked about doing the points conversion, had all the hallmarks of a cluster-f#ck in the making.

Still I'm sure they'll sort it out in the end for you.

I didn't get any more points/money deposited into my account, as I got an email saying they couldn't do it, presumably because I'm in the real money beta. I don't get why they didn't foresee this potential and adjust accordingly. I hope they figure it out so I can get the rest of my reward money after they tell us what the huge overhaul will be.
In my email they said to login and make sure that my billing information is correct because they couldnt deposit the points. Yeah ok. All my info is correct and there like it always has been. Then it says to wait later in the month until they fix it. What bullshit. I wanted to use MY points on something when they are usually deposited every month. Is that too much to ask for? Apparently.

My points switched when I went to make a purchase the first time. I'm also in the beta.

Microsoft not planning ahead? The devil you say!

Also I'm in beta as well and I got the e-mail saying they can't deposit points because they're idiots.

Finally tried Cloudberry Kingdom. On one hand, it's not a boring game (something that I felt N+ was). I like how you can use the gems as currency to pay for a walkthrough if you're stuck on how to finish a level. I'm surprised the demo brought me to Level 34 at which I lost all of my lives.  On the other hand, the levels are very short and aside from some jumping on enemies (which are more like platforms) there is no combat involved. A little too much at 800 points, but I would be willing to spend 400 points on it.

Also tried One Finger Death Punch. It was okay .... until I got to Level 2 and became AWESOME. For $1.00, it's a must buy. So far the only thing I would change would be the number that shows how many hits an enemy takes; it distracts from looking at the kills you are completing.  Do you guys have any other indy games you would recommend? I have Three Dead Zed and OH NOES!!2: Attack of the Space Burger which may be the most ridiculous game I've ever played.

Is $15 the lowest all of these Spider-man titles have shown up as on XBL?  Seems like a mighty expensive gamble on titles that don't have a demo/trial with the exception of Friend or Foe. Speaking of FoF, I think I'll buy this so I can get rid of my PS2 version,free up some shelf space, and have a version that looks a little better.  

Personally I like the first Spider-man movie tie-in game but did not like the open world Spidey 2 and 3 (count me in as another fan of the PS1 Spider-man).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back