XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
What? PSN gets the same exact sort of sales that Xbox gets. The only difference is your preference in games.
While I am an xbox360 fan I will admit that PSN kills it with sales. A LOT of 75% off sales the past half year. Microsoft cant even put a decent game for 50% off. Yea they had like tow GoD sales that were killer but they still dont compare.

I got $1.50 for my 100 point code, someone else reported they got $2.00 for theirs. Seems to be a game of roulette going on now while they sort this all out.
Migrated my 710 msp to $9.00. Got my 100 msp Bing code which translated to $1.50. Gonna try redeeming one more (which is all I have enough for in Bing points).

Definitely looks like a Rockstar and Marvel vs Capcom sale. Max Payne 3 is on sale again for $10, and the Rockstar pass for it is down to $5. Is the pass worth it?

Bully is showing up for $3.74! Just bought, not sure if I was charged tax or not. Xbldb showing la noire and ultimate marvel vs capcom stuff on sale. So maybe a rock star sale + MvC?
Pfff, yep, it's ultimate mvc3 stuff on sale, but not the game itself :( (regular mvc3 is half off though). Maybe tomorrow they will add it? :ziplip:

Also, they added Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption (yes, again), and Midnight Club LA.

I could have sworn that MVC stuff went on sale last month because I got Ultimate MVC3 for 1200msp and I remember Jill and Shuma Gorath being on sale because I almost bought them.

Picked up Charlie Murder and used the $4 credit left on my account to bring it down to $6. That I couldn't just pay exact change after applying the points left on my account to a game purchase at any point in the past eight years is kind of insane.

While I am an xbox360 fan I will admit that PSN kills it with sales. A LOT of 75% off sales the past half year. Microsoft cant even put a decent game for 50% off. Yea they had like tow GoD sales that were killer but they still dont compare.
The only 75% I ever see are for Plus only while the better Xbox sales are usually for everybody. But again, it's based on the games not percentages. They can put tons of games at 75% off but it's only a great sale to people if they want to buy the games. So many people in the threads though just buy anything that's discounted enough it seems, I don't get that.

So for me neither company does better than the other and actually I have bought much more from Xbox than from PSN going back to the xmas sales last year through now.

I also want to add. I redeemed 100 Bing Points and also got $1.50. An extra quarter! haha :D

@Biledriver. I will just drop the discussion. Just wanted to say I agree with you on the fact that people buy whatever is really cheap and then boast about backlogs lol. I only buy games I know I will play and have an interest in to begin with. 

Still waiting for the inevitable ME DLC that wont budge.   :oldman:

Bully is showing up for $3.74! Just bought, not sure if I was charged tax or not. Xbldb showing la noire and ultimate marvel vs capcom stuff on sale. So maybe a rock star sale + MvC?
$3.74??? How much is that in MSPoints? Now I have to convert crazy monetary prices to MSPoints to figure out if it's a good deal! Bah!

Being really early Monday evening, I would think these are not the actual DoTW.

How do you use existing money toward a purchase? I want to grab the costume pack for UMvC3 that now on sale, and it converted what I had left to $3, the option to select it is grayed out and only Paypal is usable. Afraid to hit purchase and get charged the full amount of using the money I had left first.

$3.74??? How much is that in MSPoints? Now I have to convert crazy monetary prices to MSPoints to figure out if it's a good deal! Bah!

Being really early Monday, I would think these are not the actual DoTW.
I believe its 320MSP

EDIT:Its 300Msp

How do you use existing money toward a purchase? I want to grab the costume pack for UMvC3 that now on sale, and it converted what I had left to $3, the option to select it is grayed out and only Paypal is usable. Afraid to hit purchase and get charged the full amount of using the money I had left first.
After choosing the purchase option on that pop-up, it asked me if I wanted to apply the credit I had leftover and pay the rest with my card.

I now have $51 in my Microsoft wallet, converted from 4070 MS Points.  Too bad GTA V wont be a day one digital release otherwise I'd use it all on that.  Instead, I'll probably just pick up a few things here and there...

I did, was I not supposed to be charged tax? This shit is so confusing. Who should I contact about it/is it even worth my trouble?

No where during purchase did I see that tax was being added. Only in my email receipt did I notice

So I just bought Bully :bouncy: !! Again apparently, according to my purchase history :censored: . The fuck?!?? I thought the website didn't allow for that to happen? AND my points are still missing, with no notification of a "wallet". fuck

Hmmm Bully and Max Payne 3 or just finally get Terraria? Maybe wait a bit to see if any more sales show up. Tough choice.

So I just bought Bully :bouncy: !! Again apparently, according to my purchase history :censored: . The fuck?!?? I thought the website didn't allow for that to happen? AND my points are still missing, with no notification of a "wallet". fuck
Bully is weird, they must have changed the version number or something because Live doesn't think I've purchased the game but it's in my purchase history.

Get onto Live support, they should be able to fix this.

I did, was I not supposed to be charged tax? This shit is so confusing. Who should I contact about it/is it even worth my trouble?

No where during purchase did I see that tax was being added. Only in my email receipt did I notice
I think I would move on then deal with MS and their poor customer support over $0.09.

I wonder If i will get taxed or not on my next purchase. Ill find out eventually.

It probably depends on the state, just like Amazon and other online retailers.

No tax if you used converted funds, that's how it should be.

Sure you didn't use a CC or bing points maybe ?

Probably doesn't apply to you but a general FYI to any WP8 (not sure if 7.8 has it) owners, you can check your balance in the Wallet app.
Actually it does. That is very interesting. So both WP8 and XBL now can access the same points/cash. I wish Win8 can get on the action too. Thanks for the info.

After looking at the Points FAQ again, I was under the impression that one wouldn't be taxed on XBL purchases using currency that originated as MSP, regardless of when you redeemed them. I thought I had to redeem all my MSP before the conversion if I wanted to avoid the tax.

UMV3 was on sale last month during the Capcom Sale.

MvC3's shadow battle dlc is new and hasn't been on sale before. I'd advise you throw your money out of the window during your commute to work instead of buying that dlc though.

Max Payne 3 season is $5, marked down from $30. Anyone have an opinions on this?

I've been trying all day trying to redeem a 1600 pt card but no dice. Anyone had success redeeming 1600 pt cards? I see the Bing 100 pts works.

What about LA Noire Season Pass? Is it worth it? Max Payne and Midnight Club are both tempting, I'm pretty sure you would spend the points without thinking twice, however seeing it priced with currency just seems more expensive >.>

My MSP converted from 2300 to $29.00. I got an extra $.25.
They converted my 990 (xbox rewards) to $12.50 so I got an extra bit.

Then I redeemed two 100 bing rewards for an extra 50 cents. Glad I forgot about the one and had enough for another today. I know some were rushing to cash them in due to the update. Looks like that backfired. ALL THOSE QUARTERS.

EDIT: Might have to pick up Bully at that price. Although my backlog getting out of hand again and my HD is getting full. I haven't even gotten past installing Payday 2 to my HD.

Bully is weird, they must have changed the version number or something because Live doesn't think I've purchased the game but it's in my purchase history.

Get onto Live support, they should be able to fix this.
I noticed it will let me re-purchase it too. It also isn't recognizing my MS Point conversion, so I'm not sure what to make of it. Those two issues may be completely separate, but still both are problems.

Picked up both Bully and the MP3 Rockstar Pass, for £2.99 and £3.49 each. Not bad. :)

Does the Max Payne 3 DLC add anything worth playing? Or is it all mutliplayer stuff?
It's mainly multiplayer stuff but there's a single player challenge mode which I hear is quite fun.

Going to bite on the Max Payne 3 season pass. $5 is too good to pass up.

One question though. Is there any DLC not included in the season pass?

I noticed it will let me re-purchase it too. It also isn't recognizing my MS Point conversion, so I'm not sure what to make of it. Those two issues may be completely separate, but still both are problems.
This is happening to me with the DR2 skill packs. I just bought a few and went back to the extras tab to see if I may have missed one, and it looks like I never bought them. I can keep buying the same shit over and over again.

Picked up both Bully and the MP3 Rockstar Pass, for £2.99 and £3.49 each. Not bad. :)

It's mainly multiplayer stuff but there's a single player challenge mode which I hear is quite fun.
Should think about this pass. Challenge mode is just a challenges in standard campaign (already played 5-6 times through the game for original 1k lol). Anyone knows if the mp community is still active?

As for Bully, doubt they beat that awesome deal/mistake of 100msp in czech marketplace back in june. :)

Few pre-order maps and character skins.

After looking at the Points FAQ again, I was under the impression that one wouldn't be taxed on XBL purchases using currency that originated as MSP, regardless of when you redeemed them. I thought I had to redeem all my MSP before the conversion if I wanted to avoid the tax.
Thats what im seeing as well "we will not apply taxes when you spend the currency that we add to your account at the time you redeem your Microsoft Points Card or code."

At the time YOU redeem your points card. That sounds like anytime, even after the conversion.

But then they have this "We will not apply taxes when you purchase content using currency that we add to your account at the time of the transition. However, when you use currency that you add to your account after the transition (including from Xbox Gift Cards), all appropriate taxes will be applied to those purchases."

Another annoying thing, has anybody elses Bing accounts not reseted? I tried to earn my daily points but all my accounts are done for today even though I didn't search anything.

$5 is insane. I got it on the last sale and literally was finally downloading a lot of the content tonight as my HD was too full when I purchased the pass and I haven't played any MP3 in a while because I'm always playing Forza 4. Couldn't believe when I checked Xbldb and the pass is only 5!

Everything is included as far as I can tell.

Should think about this pass. Challenge mode is just a challenges in standard campaign (already played 5-6 times through the game for original 1k lol). Anyone knows if the mp community is still active?

As for Bully, doubt they beat that awesome deal/mistake of 100msp in czech marketplace back in june. :)

Few pre-order maps and character skins.
I just downloaded a bunch of stuff using my pass which included TRU's original Max skin, GS's Cemetery Map, and a couple of Bursts (WM and BB?). I'm pretty sure the LE skin pack was included, too, but I bought the LE before the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back