XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow's discounts are still unknown to me, so once again, I will make my awful predictions. Typically, I'd guess the Deal of the Week would be awful, to temper myself for the worst then become pleasantly surprised when it is good. However, with all the hostility on this thread, I think the discounts has to be good to balance things back on this thread. So I think we will get a sale for the ages. Everything we'd want cheap to free, from contemporary XBLA releases like Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Monaco, Runner 2, Poker Night 2, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, and Galaga Legions DX alongside DLC for the games we want like Mass Effect DLC. Then the crowd goes wild. No wait I think we WILL get World Series of Poker: Full House Pro for free this Wednesday, and a decent game from my past in Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (unknown if the original is included) at whatever 1200MSP will be for your region (likely a wait on discount =P). Happy thoughts!
Wow, you nailed it. Aside from Monaco and Far Cry 3 BD (I would at 75% off, maybe), those are games that I want to buy at half price.

A surprise sale for Phantom Breaker, Call of Juarez Gunslinger or Sacred Citadel would be appreciated too.

Edit: forgot to mention Half-minute Hero, it's about time it gets a sale...

I actually spent some money on the deals this week, and grabbed the LA Noire season pass for $2.99. Pretty much a steal at that price. I forgot how good that game was.

I'll likely grab the Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 pack for $4.99 for Borderlands 2, as it includes the level cap increase to level 72, (my Mechromancer is maxed out at level 61 currently). The new mashup pack for Minecraft looks interesting too, and I'll probably grab it. That is, when I'm not busy playing Diablo 3.

Finally got to download all of the GWG games today. Took my console to my girlfriend's house and downloaded everything from my queue.

I've been living in an extended stay the past few months and internet quality leaves something to be desired.

WOOOW Loads of price reductions. It looks like we have a CoD sale for Gold and lots of reductions like Scott Pilgrim and I am Alive.

Oh fuck, I know I shouldn't but I'm sure I'll end up grabbing Scott Pilgrim, I am Alive and Beyond Good and Evil. I tried Monaco and felt like it wasn't for me, however I'm tempted to give it a second chance -.-

And those CoD games are definitely overpriced...

What about From Dust? Is it any good? Opinions?

Forza Horizon Season Pass is on sale, but what about the long awaited Rally DLC sale?
AC3 DLC is on sale, is there any plans for a GOTYE?

Any other good deals among this reductions?

Oh happy day, Dead Space 3 Awakening is half off ( $5 going by the new xbox currency thingy). This was perfect for me, since I bought a copy from Gamefly last Friday. It's like MS heard my wishing for a sale. Gonna get the dlc and perhaps Hard Corps

Wow, a ton of stuff on sale/getting a price drop this week! I kinda want to grab Swarm and Quarrel, though I'm not sure if it's because of the gamer or the CAG in me. A lot of DLC I'd probably consider too, though unfortunately it's almost all for games I have on PS3/PC instead :whistle2:? Either way it's pretty funny to see a bunch of the joke predictions actually coming through ^_^

Here is a quick list of games. I didn't include the DLC sales or Gold Deals for Call of Duty.

Castlevania: SOTN- $2.50
Castlevania: HD: $3.75
Rocket Knight: $3.75
I Am Alive: $7.50
Beyond Good & Evil- $5.00
Awesomenauts- $5.00
Puzzle Quest: $5.00
Karateka: $2.50
Serious Sam Double D XXL: $5.00
Monaco: $7.50
Sacred Citadel: $7.50
Perfect Dark: $5.00
Scott Pilgrim: $5.00
Hydro Thunder: $7.50
Swarm: $2.50
Hard Corps Uprising: $3.75
Blacklight Tango Down: $2.50
From Dust: $7.50
Toy Soldiers Cold War: $7.50
Rayman 3 HD: $5.00
Mercury HG: $2.50
Dungeon Defenders: $7.50
Grid: $12.00
Sleeping Dogs: $15.00
Naughty Bear: $7.50

Wow, a ton of stuff on sale/getting a price drop this week! I kinda want to grab Swarm and Quarrel, though I'm not sure if it's because of the gamer or the CAG in me. A lot of DLC I'd probably consider too, though unfortunately it's almost all for games I have on PS3/PC instead :whistle2:? Either way it's pretty funny to see a bunch of the joke predictions actually coming through ^_^

Swarm is awesome. Do not pass it up at this price. I prefer Quarrel on thr iPhone and iPad though.

Awesome, thanks guys!  Now that my dashboard beta issues are FINALLY resolved and I can purchase content again, I grabbed Hard Corps/Rocket Knight.  I'm going to try out the Mercury demo for my daughter since she likes Marble Blast Ultra so much.  I'll probably end up grabbing Awesomenauts and Swarm too.

I dislike that every content you buy now does not show up as bought like before hell they even try to charge me again instead of a download again function if I go into detail...

What type of game is Awesomenauts? Can anyone recommend it?
It's a 2D shooter/action MOBA like DOTA 2 or League of Legends, but that change to the perspective does a good job of making it easier to get into than the big boys on the PC. I have no clue how the community is on XBLA, but I'm sure it's lacking the updates and such that the PC version has gotten since its launch.

So how many of these are sales and how many are price drops? Very few of them, if any, say Gold Exclusive which is typically what sales say unless it is a special event sale which I am unsure if this is.

Ok, stupid question for everyone purchasing content since the update...Has anyone been charged tax on a purchase using their converted currency through the console?

I broke down and picked up Bully since it was the last day and saw in my confirmation email that I was taxed.  Figured it was worth the risk rather than missing the chance to pick up Bully, who knows if they'll delist it like the other stuff they dropped to dirt cheap.  I asked about being taxed on the xbox support forums before purchasing since it put a notice I'd be taxed when I originally tried to check out, but never received an answer.  I saw that MS said in the faq we wouldn't be charged tax on the currency they put into our accounts from converting points.  Double taxation and all that.

Wish the Hydro Thunder and Scott Pilgrim DLC would be also on sale at least the Mercury DLC is on sale so I grabbed them...will decide on some other titles tomorrow (Rocket Knight, Hard Corps,Awesomenauts)

I dislike that every content you buy now does not show up as bought like before hell they even try to charge me again instead of a download again function if I go into detail...
I had the same complaint last week but (in my case at least) it took several hours for xbox Live recognize that I've made a purchase.

Also has anyone played Raystorm and is worth the $15?

I'd say get them both man. They're both very good. I personally loved Swarm!

So how many of these are sales and how many are price drops? Very few of them, if any, say Gold Exclusive which is typically what sales say unless it is a special event sale which I am unsure if this is.
They're probably all sales. Most the best sales are open to everyone anymore, so they wouldn't say "Gold Exclusive" anyway. If you're not sure, just wait for tomorrow and we'll find out for sure.

I had the same complaint last week but (in my case at least) it took several hours for xbox Live recognize that I've made a purchase.

Having played the original on PS1 I'd have to say it's worth $10 at most, and even that's a bit of a stretch.

Can anyone tell me how the point redemption works now? I haven't updated my 360 yet since I was on vacation, but do I redeem the codes on the console or can I do it through the site and have it auto-convert?

I don't believe you will be able to add any more points (through the site even), until you update your console and have it apply the patch to convert.

I suspect most of these sales for in for a EA sale and perhaps a Back to School one aswell. How is Rocket Knight?
I ended up playing it last year (I broke waiting for a sale) and I'd say it's worth $3. Loved myself some Rocket Knight back in the day. It's been a while, but the gameplay was solid and if you played the original, it's more of the same. That said, I do feel it lacked the heart and soul of the Genesis game.

I don't think Raystorm is that bad. Granted, it's one of the first shmups I've ever played (back on the PS1), so there is some nostalgia for me. However, there are other shmups I'd get before I'd consider getting this one so I'd take a look at some of those if you haven't. Plus, most of them are 800 points or less (the one exception that comes to mind is Sine Mora).

Edit: Huh. I just realized that apparently the transparency is working on our avatars again.

My young boys have put enough time into this game that it's borderline addiction. I haven't played it much myself though.

Lots of games on here I'd buy if I hadn't already. I keep passing on Castlevania though. SOTN is the one to get right? Is Harmony of Despair worth checking out?

Finally got to download all of the GWG games today. Took my console to my girlfriend's house and downloaded everything from my queue.

I've been living in an extended stay the past few months and internet quality leaves something to be desired.
Yeah we know how that feels. We live at a hotel in Greenville South Carolina and the internet won't let you connect our xbox 360. We did find a way to do it through laptop though. Husband works at the hotel and it is rent free so, can not complain too much.

Got Magic 2013, now I have even less reason to visit my cousin since we can play card games over the interwebs.

So the multiplayer is not included in the game or does that multiplayer DLC add some extra stuff in multiplayer? And the other free DLC's do they acutally add something or do they just let you see the DLCs that somebody bought?

Sucks still can't see the cash I have on the site and the points that the Xbox says I have still appear as points, which I can't use. So glad that there are no deals I want this week. I hope they sort this out before something good goes on sale. And damn Major once again not posting the weekly deals.
Just download everything that is free. That way you can play online with people like me that have all the DLC.

It's a 2D MOBA (League of Legends, etc.) I wouldn't buy it on console as the developer's publisher (Crave Entertainment) went bankrupt right before it came out in May so the console versions got NONE of the post-release DLC/patches.

Ok, stupid question for everyone purchasing content since the update...Has anyone been charged tax on a purchase using their converted currency through the console?

I broke down and picked up Bully since it was the last day and saw in my confirmation email that I was taxed. Figured it was worth the risk rather than missing the chance to pick up Bully, who knows if they'll delist it like the other stuff they dropped to dirt cheap. I asked about being taxed on the xbox support forums before purchasing since it put a notice I'd be taxed when I originally tried to check out, but never received an answer. I saw that MS said in the faq we wouldn't be charged tax on the currency they put into our accounts from converting points. Double taxation and all that.
Nothing I bought before Aug. 31 had tax with it and I'm in MO. Not sure about now, will check next time I buy stuff.

I was on my first purchase since the conversion, figured out it was because I had added 1.25 in bing points to my wallet. Lame. Subsequent purchases have not been taxed

Just bought Bully and Max Payne 3 Season Pass. I was charged extra. I'm left with $17.22 Not to mention had to purchase through the dashboard. I don't know why the prices are a penny difference for me.

$26 - $3.74 - $4.99 = $17.27

Picking up Dragonborn and Leviathan. Really wish Citadel would drop.

Seriously considering Castlevania HD for the first time. My friends may bite at that price.

Thanks for checking on being taxed.  I went to https://commerce.microsoft.com to check how/why I was billed and get this, I was taxed 4 different rates.  I didn't add any cash from paypal, cards or credit so I don't know why they taxed me.

Well, at least one of the Mass Effect 3 DLC is on sale, Leviathan is $4.99

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Mass-Effect-3-Leviathan/db7b14ae-891c-4f09-91c5-f79ed6bc40ee?cid=SLink

Product
9/2/2013
Bully Scholarship Ed. Purchase

Your Microsoft account $3.99 USD 
Subtotal:                       $3.74 USD
Tax (4.80 %):                $0.18 USD
Tax (0.50 %):                $0.02 USD
Tax (0.80 %):                $0.03 USD
Tax (0.50 %):                $0.02 USD
Total tax:                       $0.25 USD
Grand total:                   $3.99 USD

Sorry for the format.

Sweet 50% off Leviathan. Come on rest of ME DLC be on sale too. Is XBLDB going to be able to show the prices as money now?

My young boys have put enough time into this game that it's borderline addiction. I haven't played it much myself though.

Lots of games on here I'd buy if I hadn't already. I keep passing on Castlevania though. SOTN is the one to get right? Is Harmony of Despair worth checking out?
Harmony of Despair is OK. It's meant to be played online in groups. If you play it single player I don't think you'll have much fun.

Is XBLDB going to be able to show the prices as money now?
It already does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back