XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else know about this? I'm seeing conflicting reports when I Google it. Some people are saying that even though you do install it from disc, the DLC for Skyrim LE is "different", and therefore won't work with the original game.
Worked fine for me. My friend brought over his disc and I grabbed Dawngaurd and Dragonborn that way. I had already owned Hearthfire.

Does anyone know if you can still get the Iron Man 3 dashboard theme. Really want it but can not seem to find it. Saw someone on YouTube have it and it looks pretty cool.

Worked fine for me. My friend brought over his disc and I grabbed Dawngaurd and Dragonborn that way. I had already owned Hearthfire.
Ok, sweet! First hand experience is good enough for me. I'll hold off on this sale then since I'm not ready to play the DLC anyway. Just wanted to make sure I knew my options for grabbing it in the future, haha. Thanks for answering that though!

Ejem...

The Xbox One will ship with the 500 GB hard drive, all of them have that. The future plan is definitely to support external storage much like we do on the Xbox 360. My understanding is that feature will not be there at launch, because the team is working on some other things, but it is definitely on the list. I don't know when it will come in though.
That's Major Nelson talking...

http://majornelson.com/cast/2013/09/01/pax-podcast-2013/

And Little Richard is retiring...

Good week this one. Tons of sales, several pretty decent. I'll bite on Hard Corps for starter...

Very happy w/Leviathan being on sale. Now all I need is Citadel. I'll probably just buy that standard price though and finally finish ME3 once I'm done Torchlight 2. 

Im probably gonna buy Castlevania:HD,Rocket Knight, and Nicktoons MLB next week. And I really recommend Battleblock Theater if it goes on sale next week and you dont have it then you must buy it.

This! I have actually not purchased some games because my 320GB + 2 32GB USB sticks are nearly full. Wish Microsoft would stop arbitrarily limiting USB storage on the 360. I know I can download games at any time (that is until Microsoft discontinues Xbox Live for the 360). I like to have access to everything all at once and I simply can not do with the limits they have put in place.

Storage anxiety. Definition of a first world problem, I suppose.
I.... bought another 320GB hard drive. I couldn't stand being unable to download my recently purchased GonD's (because I don't want to delete my digital games).

I didn't know what to do with all these under $4 games but I knew I wanted one. Rather than reading reviews and trying demos like a normal gamer (that would take awhile this time around), I rolled the dice and decided to make a blind purchase. With the help of random.org, Castlevania HD beat Quarrel in the final of my mini tournament and will now be mine.

Does anyone know when approximately the sale will end? I mean I know it ends on Monday, before the Tuesday stuff begins, but I mean does it end on 11:59 pm Monday or a little later? I don't know if I should wait and see what's on sale next week or spend the credit I have this week.

P.S. For the rewards rebate, does tax count towards the $10.66 or whatever random amount we need to spend?

I just pin anything I buy - that way I can go back and know what I've purchased, but do not have installed. I started doing that when someone on here mentioned that was the way they did it. Works out very well for me.

I want to buy stuff, but MS still won't let me use my points on the website. And since my my xbox is a couple states away, I guess I won't finally get the skyrim dlc and Rocket Knight. 

I want to buy stuff, but MS still won't let me use my points on the website. And since my my xbox is a couple states away, I guess I won't finally get the skyrim dlc and Rocket Knight.
have a trusted friend log in and purchase them. as a bonus, he gets the license on his console to play them even after you download them as well :)

I would do that, and then MS would announce a shit load of stuff get's de-listed and they won't let me download from my purchase history.

But yeah I'm hoping in the next few years MS offers a higher storage option for the HD at 1TB even if it runs for $200, that way down the road when it gets cheaper I can pick one up. Or just allow us a external storage option of large space, like the Wii U <gasp>
I can still download things that are delisted. They are in my purchase history for download. Like the TMNT arcade from a few years ago (Reshelled, the delisted one). And I have downloaded things that are delisted multiple times. I dont get what you are saying?

Does anyone know when approximately the sale will end? I mean I know it ends on Monday, before the Tuesday stuff begins, but I mean does it end on 11:59 pm Monday or a little later? I don't know if I should wait and see what's on sale next week or spend the credit I have this week.

P.S. For the rewards rebate, does tax count towards the $10.66 or whatever random amount we need to spend?
We already know the sales next week. Look at the OP or Major Neslon's site.

I can still download things that are delisted. They are in my purchase history for download. Like the TMNT arcade from a few years ago (Reshelled, the delisted one). And I have downloaded things that are delisted multiple times. I dont get what you are saying?
You won't be able to do that forever, ala OG Xbox. If I had relied on download history for that system I would have been screwed right now for games like KotOR and Halo 2.

You won't be able to do that forever, ala OG Xbox. If I had relied on download history for that system I would have been screwed right now for games like KotOR and Halo 2.
Oh I guess I get you. Well when the time comes when 360s marketplace is removed I doubt Ill want more than 320 GB of stuff permanently.

Oh I guess I get you. Well when the time comes when 360s marketplace is removed I doubt Ill want more than 320 GB of stuff permanently.
Yeah it happened with the original XBox. Don't get me wrong - It could never happen for all we know, a lot of people invested money into DLC, Arcade Titles and Games on Demand titles (the original XBox didn't have GoD, DLC was sparse, and I think were very few games in terms of arcade titles) so the chances of it happening again are low for the next 10ish years, but further down the road? I wouldn't put it past MS to remove everything and try to charge again later. Not having BC allows you to charge more for older titles, Gaikai for example on the PS4.

But the original XBox DLC was defenitely niche. Very few games had it and MS was unable to provide you the ability to re-download some of your paid DLC (I can recall paying for Links DLC and basically told me I'm SOL if I lose the content). The thing that bothered me the most was when they took down all the online servers. I enjoyed playing Halo 2 once a year or so for nostalgia sake.

Yeah it happened with the original XBox. Don't get me wrong - It could never happen for all we know, a lot of people invested money into DLC, Arcade Titles and Games on Demand titles (the original XBox didn't have GoD, DLC was sparse, and I think were very few games in terms of arcade titles) so the chances of it happening again are low for the next 10ish years, but further down the road? I wouldn't put it past MS to remove everything and try to charge again later. Not having BC allows you to charge more for older titles, Gaikai for example on the PS4.

But the original XBox DLC was defenitely niche. Very few games had it and MS was unable to provide you the ability to re-download some of your paid DLC (I can recall paying for Links DLC and basically told me I'm SOL if I lose the content). The thing that bothered me the most was when they took down all the online servers. I enjoyed playing Halo 2 once a year or so for nostalgia sake.
That sucks but it seems like they have improved the markeplace a lot since then. Only time will tell. Once I upgrade to the X1 though Ill download all DLC for my favorite games and fill the harddrive up in case many years from now I want to play them.

The best MS account glitch I ever had was during the twilight week of the original Xbox Live.  Whenever I tried to download paid DLC it would error out and kick me back to the game.  When I went back into the DLC menu it would treat the DLC as purchased and let me download it for free.  I got every single (non sports) piece of paid DLC on my stock OG Xbox's HDD;  I can barely fit one game save in there anymore.  No idea why it let me do that and I was never charged.

I have 2/3 of Skyrim DLC, now is the time for me to get Dragonborn. But one question, i have 8.01 dollars in my xbox 360 account. If i go to buy this DLC will it use that and charge me the difference of 1.99 to my debit card?

I have 2/3 of Skyrim DLC, now is the time for me to get Dragonborn. But one question, i have 8.01 dollars in my xbox 360 account. If i go to buy this DLC will it use that and charge me the difference of 1.99 to my debit card?

Yes it will. You just have to initiate the purchase, then it will ask you if you want to use the credit in your account toward the total. Worked for me and I only paid $0.98 for Bully.

Yeah I do not really think I will hang onto much DLC when that time comes. Only if I have not played it or it's a game I really like. Unfortunately digital DLC to me is sort of throwaway experiences.

[quote name="Masters_93" post="11034852" timestamp="1378259218"]
I meant seeing what the Warner Bros. sale is before buying stuff from this sale.[/quote]Oh sorry. But yeah the sales usually over lap a bit. Next weeks will start around 9-10 PM EST Monday night, and this weeks will probably last until about 10 AM EST Tuesday. Not concrete, but that's what usually happens.

Ac3 dlc worth it? Loved the single player but didn't think it was worth $30 for the season pass.
All the single player DLC is fun. I enjoyed it quite a bit, though some parts can seem to go on longer than I liked. But that was mostly for getting the achievements.

It was a clever, engaging change-of-pace experience. Plus, you get to climb a giant bear.

I already have Castlevania: SOTN for my Playstation, Do i really need it on Xbox 360 too? Yes, Yes i do.
I bought the PS1 version to play on my PS2 back in the day, even bought a PS1 memory card required for it. An hour deep into the game the stupid card glitched and lost my save. I sold my PS1 disc and eventually bought it for the 360.

Totally in for the NicktoonsMLB/CoJ:Gunslinger/BloodDragon triple play package next week!

Stupid question regarding BL2 but all the stuff on sale should be on the GOTY edition that's coming out, right? I hope they come on a separate disc like BL.

I'm confused here, I've transitioned my points over to real money but Xbox.com still only lets me select to pay from my paypal...
I'm having the same problem. Currency option correctly pops up on console, but xbox.com doesn't give me a currency option.
Unfortunately, I don't think "BudzMcGee" finished his conversion ... you have to get all the way to a "purchase" screen for a non-free/paid item on the 360 console, and at that point, the 360 should resolve your points into your local currency. You'll also need to validate you have a valid payment option, and for me, that REQUIRED a credit card, even though I have PayPal configured as well. If you haven't done these steps, then you won't be able to purchase anything from the website, and you may experience error codes on the 360 that equate to "unable to communicate with Marketplace" or "unable to complete the transaction". I know it stinks, but this is the new world order.

so, as someone who owns none of the XBLA titles on sale right now, any good recommendations? Thinking about Puzzle Quest and a couple others for sure. I've already got the major DLC (Skyrim, Leviathan) but dont really buy XBLA games much at all.
Hard Corp : Upraising !!

This game is awesome. I can't believe how long i waited for this game to go on sale for a cheap price. Its very much worth at full price, but we're cags. So $3 something is awesome deal.

Looks like I'll be getting Perfect Dark for a sweet $5.  Is there any issues with the port, or is it still about as good as the N64 version?  Hoping for at least a better framerate.

Gonna demo all the 300 point games, Monaco, and sacred citadel. For sure getting blood dragon. Hoping that next weeks publisher sales will include the injustice season pass and battle block theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back