XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since there's a smorgasborde of XBLA titles on sale, here's the games/DLC on this week's sale list that have been previously offered through the "Sales & Specials+" app (thanks again to Bort's post on xbldb).  As a reminder, these games/DLC will probably show as "unpurchased" even though you made the purchase via the S&S+ app.  Don't make the mistake of double-purchasing ... the only way to know if you own it is to check your purchase history! :censored:

• Blacklight - Tango Down
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Forza 4 DLC:
    Meguiar’s Car Pack
  • Porsche Expansion Pack

[*]Hydro Thunder Hurricane
[*]Mercury HG
[*]Puzzle Quest - Challenge of the Warlords
[*]Quarrel
[*]Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
[*]Swarm

The following is YMMV ... if you happen to purchase one of these games by accident during this sale that you already owned, or you want to finally reflect the game as purchased in your own billing region, you MIGHT be able to contact Support & tell them you were double-billed ...  :-({|=  ... though it will take some time & persistance to get Support to refund your most-recent purchase, and it'll be as credit, not back to your payment method.   :wall:   But at least the game/DLC will finally show as "purchased".  :D/

Blood Dragon for me! I'm about 70% done with FC3 and know I will love playing Blood Dragon too. I've had the best fun this year with FC3, what a blast of a game. It keeps surprising me with cool stuff.

Spent about 20 minutes going through my 120GB hard drive and clearing out pretty much every XBLA game I've beaten.  Was able to clear out about 30 GBs, but sucks not having some of those games on my hard drive anymore.  

Bought Karateka and Rocket Knight right now, I had passed on both during previous sales (RK on PSN), but they're half of what they were last time I passed so they're both easy buys for me at this price.  Still need to demo Motocross Madness, Sacred Citadel, and Monaco for the week.  Gunslinger and Doodle Jump Kinect are for sure for me next week, and Battleblock Theater will be a for-sure if it is in fact on sale next week and is 50% off or more. 

This is the first money I've spent on XBLA in a long time.  Kind of fun buying in currency.  I don't have a current CC on file with Microsoft (my old one expired last month) and I wasn't able to buy the games online.  But had no problem buying on the console, and didn't get charged tax.

Also played about 4 minutes of Ben 10: The Rise of Hex.  It kind of sucks.  The achievements aren't even easy either, to my surprise.  At least it will be a few MBs for me to take back off my hard drive.

Since there's a smorgasborde of XBLA titles on sale, here's the games/DLC on this week's sale list that have been previously offered through the "Sales & Specials+" app (thanks again to Bort's post on xbldb). As a reminder, these games/DLC will probably show as "unpurchased" even though you made the purchase via the S&S+ app. Don't make the mistake of double-purchasing ... the only way to know if you own it is to check your purchase history! :censored:
  • Blacklight - Tango Down
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Forza 4 DLC:Meguiar’s Car Pack
  • Porsche Expansion Pack
[*]Hydro Thunder Hurricane
[*]Mercury HG
[*]Puzzle Quest - Challenge of the Warlords
[*]Quarrel
[*]Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
[*]Swarm

The following is YMMV ... if you happen to purchase one of these games by accident during this sale that you already owned, or you want to finally reflect the game as purchased in your own billing region, you MIGHT be able to contact Support & tell them you were double-billed ... :-({|= ... though it will take some time & persistance to get Support to refund your most-recent purchase, and it'll be as credit, not back to your payment method. :wall: But at least the game/DLC will finally show as "purchased". :D/

Thanks for the confirmation on Mercury Hg. I thought I bought it there. Time to check my purchase history!

Damn xbox site can't even get my msp right. When I log in it tells me I still have 6773 msp but when I check my account it says 6990. Im all for the free points if only I could use them. Still can't believe a corporation as big as Microsoft whose specialty is software cant even get this right, and that they would push this change out when it so obviously was not ready.

Will try geting Leviathan when I get to my xbox. Hoping it works

Thanks for the confirmation on Mercury Hg. I thought I bought it there. Time to check my purchase history!
P.S. Just checked, and the "Forza 4 Meguiar's Car Pack" is no longer on sale, now showing a price of $6.99. That's probably the only unannounced markdown that actually was temporary, but thought I'd say it so y'all don't get excited. :)

Glad i didn't bought Angry Birds, when was on sale month or so ago. It's currently free on Russian marketplace (it's not Gold exclusive). :)

For the upcoming Warner Bros. and The Behemoth sales I looked up the pub/dev on TA and here are the search results to give you an idea of what might be on sale. I'm not sure how accurate the WB list is but the obvious choices like Batman, some of the LEGO games, and Mortal Kombat are on there as well as The Behemoth's 3 games (AH/CC/BBT).

For the upcoming Warner Bros. and The Behemoth sales I looked up the pub/dev on TA and here are the search results to give you an idea of what might be on sale. I'm not sure how accurate the WB list is but the obvious choices like Batman, some of the LEGO games, and Mortal Kombat are on there as well as The Behemoth's 3 games (AH/CC/BBT).
Will grab Midway Arcade collection if is on sale for really low price. Other than that, nothing really exciting on their games list.

Anyone having trouble buying games on the marketplace through the console? Says my credit card info can't be retrieved, and I need to use the money in my MS account or try later. Of course it doesn't give me the actual option of using my funds, just says I should. These guys really need to get their shit together. Unacceptable.

Glad i didn't bought Angry Birds, when was on sale month or so ago. It's currently free on Russian marketplace (it's not Gold exclusive). :)
Congrats to those that got in on the deal. It appears to be back up to full price. :(

Edit: I stand corrected. For those getting errors just keep trying....

Anyone having trouble buying games on the marketplace through the console? Says my credit card info can't be retrieved, and I need to use the money in my MS account or try later. Of course it doesn't give me the actual option of using my funds, just says I should. These guys really need to get their shit together. Unacceptable.
Ok glad its not just me and hopefully its MS. I thought my account got blocked or something

I'm having the same problem. Currency option correctly pops up on console, but xbox.com doesn't give me a currency option.
I talked to someone from Xbox support about this, making sure my account hadn't been flagged or something. They said it's a problem that many people are experiencing and they are aware of and working to fix. So until that time, we have to be on our console to purchase things with our microsoft funds.

I can't recommend Dungeon Defenders enough.  One of my favorite games I've played in a long time.  Great blend of action and Tower Defense.  I really wish the DLC went on sale this week too.

For the upcoming Warner Bros. and The Behemoth sales I looked up the pub/dev on TA and here are the search results to give you an idea of what might be on sale. I'm not sure how accurate the WB list is but the obvious choices like Batman, some of the LEGO games, and Mortal Kombat are on there as well as The Behemoth's 3 games (AH/CC/BBT).

Thanks for the links. I already have all 3 Behemoth games. However, I did not realize that WB published Guardians of Middle Earth. That is probably the only title I would pick up from those two sales.

I talked to someone from Xbox support about this, making sure my account hadn't been flagged or something. They said it's a problem that many people are experiencing and they are aware of and working to fix. So until that time, we have to be on our console to purchase things with our microsoft funds.
By chance did you participate in the most recent Dashboard Beta?

People that were in the Beta (including me) were converted to local currency weeks ago. I'm wondering if that has something to do with the problem?

Since the final Dashboard Update went live (August 26), I did purchase the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass via console with my account currency. But still, xbox.com does not allow me to select currency as a payment option.

I also have PayPal and a Credit Card tied to my account. Maybe if I remove / re-add those payment options it might shake something loose. I'll play around with it this evening when I get home.

Spent about 20 minutes going through my 120GB hard drive and clearing out pretty much every XBLA game I've beaten. Was able to clear out about 30 GBs, but sucks not having some of those games on my hard drive anymore.
Lucky you..I had to do the same on my 320 GB hard drive, but only have about 11 GB left now after getting some of the free GoD Games...just downloaded all the beaten games and DLC on my second xbox with 120 GB for now (have only 12 Gb left on that console too...but can make some room since there are still some games which are also on my new console)..really problem is the 320 GB hard drive...I think I have to beat more games to make more room...even though I already had to clear about 50 games and some DLC...

By chance did you participate in the most recent Dashboard Beta?

People that were in the Beta (including me) were converted to local currency weeks ago. I'm wondering if that has something to do with the problem?

Since the final Dashboard Update went live (August 26), I did purchase the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass via console with my account currency. But still, xbox.com does not allow me to select currency as a payment option.

I also have PayPal and a Credit Card tied to my account. Maybe if I remove / re-add those payment options it might shake something loose. I'll play around with it this evening when I get home.
I did not. I was converted to local currency with the system update a couple weeks ago.

I haven't linked my Paypal account. I have 2 credit cards on file with them. I may also try removing them, though I doubt it will do anything.

But I haven't had any problems with the half dozen or so purchases that I've made with my microsoft funds on my console since the update.

Lucky you..I had to do the same on my 320 GB hard drive, but only have about 11 GB left now after getting some of the free GoD Games...just downloaded all the beaten games and DLC on my second xbox with 120 GB for now (have only 12 Gb left on that console too...but can make some room since there are still some games which are also on my new console)..really problem is the 320 GB hard drive...I think I have to beat more games to make more room...even though I already had to clear about 50 games and some DLC...
You could always pick up a couple 32 GB Flash Drives to store games on.

You could always pick up a couple 32 GB Flash Drives to store games on.
I will do that when the 120 GB are full..it seems to be easier to store it on a bigger harddrive for now..wish I could use the full amount of an external hard drive instead of only 32 GB Sure I can download anything again...but I like to have it in the future if they ever gonna pull the servers...

Although I have to agree with that DLC throwaway purchase comment...after you're done you will probably never touch it again hum...

What a mess!

1. Cannot buy content through my console because there was some sort of error in properly converting my 1700 pts into currency.

2. Go online to try to circumvent error, but they want to use my credit card only.  No option to use my converted points.  Go to check my account, and get another error...

Did they even test this conversion?  It's an utter effing mess right now.

I've gone through the conversion.  Is there ANY way at all to see how much credit I have stored?  I'm pretty sure I had something like 1250 MSP which would come out to around $15, but I'd like to know for 100% sure, and honestly the stories I keep reading here about problems are starting to spook me a bit.  I have no way of knowing if there will be problems or not when I go to buy.

BTW, a bit OT but... I'm unenthused with the new XBL Rewards.  And probably for a dumb reason.  I really liked seeing stats breakdown of what I'd been playing before, and now I can only see my "top" game (which I already know because I play it constantly).  I'm resigned to the new program not giving as many ways to earn without buying something (everyone could see that coming).  But at least give me my stats!

What a mess!

1. Cannot buy content through my console because there was some sort of error in properly converting my 1700 pts into currency.

2. Go online to try to circumvent error, but they want to use my credit card only. No option to use my converted points. Go to check my account, and get another error...

Did they even test this conversion? It's an utter effing mess right now.
There's something going on this morning. I converted my points yesterday and was able to buy some DLC from the Back to School sale, but this morning I'm getting errors both on the console and on live.xbox.com.

ETA: Just tried again on the website, I can buy stuff now but still only with a credit card.

I've gone through the conversion. Is there ANY way at all to see how much credit I have stored? I'm pretty sure I had something like 1250 MSP which would come out to around $15, but I'd like to know for 100% sure, and honestly the stories I keep reading here about problems are starting to spook me a bit. I have no way of knowing if there will be problems or not when I go to buy.

BTW, a bit OT but... I'm unenthused with the new XBL Rewards. And probably for a dumb reason. I really liked seeing stats breakdown of what I'd been playing before, and now I can only see my "top" game (which I already know because I play it constantly). I'm resigned to the new program not giving as many ways to earn without buying something (everyone could see that coming). But at least give me my stats!
https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub

That will tell you how much you have in the way of Microsoft funds.

On a side note, I am sick and tired of needing to be emailed a security code for pretty much everything I do on Xbox.com. And clicking the box to stop asking for one cause you use that computer often doesn't do anything!

for everyone who has not bought Castlvania Symphony of the Night yet, just do it for the love of good. The price is a fricking steal for such a great game.

too bad the dlc for HOD is no ton sale, missed out on that before I think it was last year.

https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub

That will tell you how much you have in the way of Microsoft funds.

On a side note, I am sick and tired of needing to be emailed a security code for pretty much everything I do on Xbox.com. And clicking the box to stop asking for one cause you use that computer often doesn't do anything!
I'd say get used to it. Steam does a similar thing, doesn't it? Every time you clear your cookies and temporary internet files that check in the box gets invalidated and you have to do it again.

I'm sure it was implemented in the wake of all those people's accounts getting hacked and their points being stolen and used on FIFA crap.

Same. It does that to me randomly on the console, too. Not sure if it happens to anyone else. Just randomly, like maybe once a week, it'll pop up when I log in to Live. I just slam my heel on the powerstrip in frustration to shut down the console, then power it back up, and it doesn't show up a second time for that day. (Yes, I abuse my console when it pisses me off.)

Thinking about purchasing Castlevania : HoD, I am Alive, Karateka, Mercury Hg, Monaco, Perfect Dark, Quarrel, Puzzle Quest, Rayman3 , Rocket Knight, Sacred Citadel and Serious Sam DD XXL. Are they worth their respective prices or am I better off waiting for a further price drop/sale later? Thanks in advance! 

Same. It does that to me randomly on the console, too. Not sure if it happens to anyone else. Just randomly, like maybe once a week, it'll pop up when I log in to Live. I just slam my heel on the powerstrip in frustration to shut down the console, then power it back up, and it doesn't show up a second time for that day. (Yes, I abuse my console when it pisses me off.)
That's happened to me like once or twice in four years, only on the console and never on the website, and I use the website on a daily basis. It's got to be something with your ISP, or router, or firewall software, or something.

So with Castlevania: HoD I remember reading (IGN maybe?) that it wasn't great on single player and it was a co-op game.  I'm not much of a co-op gamer and play the majority on single player.  Still a good purchase?  

If each of those Call of Duty games were $5 less, I would consider buying them. Then again I hated the first one (it was the PS2 version which I didn't finish) but I liked the demo for Call of Duty 3.

Not really much on sale that I don't already have so I picked up Castlevania HD to compliment Symphony of the Night. I am downloading the demos for Blacklight: Tango Down and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger to see if they are worth getting later.

And before I forget, thanks to all of those who posted their recommendations towards Indy titles. So far my favorite title of the bunch is Vintage Hero - an obvious Mega Man knockoff but easily the most fun I've had with a game for $1.00/80 points.

Thinking about purchasing Castlevania : HoD, I am Alive, Karateka, Mercury Hg, Monaco, Perfect Dark, Quarrel, Puzzle Quest, Rayman3 , Rocket Knight, Sacred Citadel and Serious Sam DD XXL. Are they worth their respective prices or am I better off waiting for a further price drop/sale later? Thanks in advance!
Maybe the best value there lies in Puzzle Quest. I demoed last night Sacred Citadel and fell asleep, nuff said. I'd recommend everybody to save some points for Battleblock Theater next week.

There's something going on this morning. I converted my points yesterday and was able to buy some DLC from the Back to School sale, but this morning I'm getting errors both on the console and on live.xbox.com.

ETA: Just tried again on the website, I can buy stuff now but still only with a credit card.
I've been experienced the same issues, it seems they have fixed that already.

My console will nag about setting up a second security contact on my account before letting me sign into Live. I tried to use a secondary e-mail address, but it wouldn't accept it, so now I just power off and back on and it signs me in.

I was at least able to stop getting the security code nags on the web site by confirming the computer / browser I was using was one I use regularly.

xbldb.com reporting that Halo 3 just dropped to $14.99!  I bet tons of people will be jumping on that!!  NOT!!!  Lol

Fable III marked down to $14.99 as well.  I hope everyone has a copy of that by now, considering it was the first Free with Gold game.

My console will nag about setting up a second security contact on my account before letting me sign into Live. I tried to use a secondary e-mail address, but it wouldn't accept it, so now I just power off and back on and it signs me in.

I was at least able to stop getting the security code nags on the web site by confirming the computer / browser I was using was one I use regularly.

This happens to me a couple times a week. You actually don't have to power off. You can just hit B to back out. Then just sign in again and you won't be prompted. At least that's how it works for me.

Finally contacted and called Xbox about my point card redeeming issue. After giving info and tinkering around, the guy said a specialist will call me back within 5 days and also said it should resolve itself by 24 hours. I've had the problem since the update lol. Will wait it out and see what happens. I hope it's not because of the free trial I've been using, but they didn't say anything about that. I'll let my sub expire on the 6 and see what happens.

Far Cry Blood Dragon for $7.49 is an insta-buy for me!

Was Mercury Hg free at some point or did it come on a hard drive - I have it on my console, but xbox.com doesn't show that I purchased it.  I purchased the console new - it was a slim with 250 GB HDD.  I did transfer my content to it from a fat 360 though.

edit - found it in my DL history, but xbox.com is not keeping accurate track of the games I purchased as Swarm and Quarrel also don't say "already purchased", but I have already purchased them.  Doing purchases through the 360 gets it right though.

You know that you have too many games when you can't keep up with what you purchased and what you haven't.

Anybody noticed this on other games?

This happens to me a couple times a week. You actually don't have to power off. You can just hit B to back out. Then just sign in again and you won't be prompted. At least that's how it works for me.
That doesn't work for me. When I hit B, it takes me back to the dashboard, but signs me out of Live. So I'm on the dashboard, but offline. If I try to sign back on Live, it asks for the proofs again. Powering down is the only thing that gets rid of the nagging, for me anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back