XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'll pick up the XCOM DLC. I know of the Enemy Within version coming out, but seeing as I already have Enemy Unknown, I doubt I'll double dip.

If you have Borderlands 2 but haven't gotten the DLC, I cannot recommend Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep enough. Easily the best of the four campaign expansions, and it has a lot of great side quests. $4.99 is worth it for sure.

Remember when deals of the week used to include actual XBLA games on sale in addition to some rehashed DLC?

How long has it been since Risk: Factions has been on sale?  Did the guy who greenlit that every month get fired?

There was a time when DLC would actually just lower in price instead of going on sale every month for years.  Beautiful Katamari is a shining example of what to do with old DLC that nobody really cares about anymore.

The Force Unleashed has some DLC I'd like to see go on sale (or price drop) for 75% off.  It's only been 4 years.

Remember when deals of the week used to include actual XBLA games on sale in addition to some rehashed DLC?

How long has it been since Risk: Factions has been on sale? Did the guy who greenlit that every month get fired?

There was a time when DLC would actually just lower in price instead of going on sale every month for years. Beautiful Katamari is a shining example of what to do with old DLC that nobody really cares about anymore.

The Force Unleashed has some DLC I'd like to see go on sale (or price drop) for 75% off. It's only been 4 years.
Same happened to Lost Odyssey, Kameo, and PGR 4 DLC which I picked up at 80 MSP per piece...wish that would happen again...

Bioshock Infinite for $20 THATS a deal..Sadly I don't know if I should buy it again.  Really not interested in the Horde DLC I really want to play the other DLC more than anything else though..I might as well borrow it from my cousin if he hasn't traded it in.=\

Bioshock and Borderlands DLC again???

GIFS-regular-show-33536922-500-279.gif

Okay, I'm just kidding with that pic, but seriously, it would be nice to have an actual XBLA game on sale or DLC from something else for a change.  Bioshock Infinite for $20 is a steal for those who don't have it. 

How long has it been since Risk: Factions has been on sale? Did the guy who greenlit that every month get fired?

There was a time when DLC would actually just lower in price instead of going on sale every month for years. Beautiful Katamari is a shining example of what to do with old DLC that nobody really cares about anymore.

The Force Unleashed has some DLC I'd like to see go on sale (or price drop) for 75% off. It's only been 4 years.
With Disney buying LucasArts and then shutting them down, I don't think even Han Solo could make it happen.

Why bother buying the Borderlands 2 DLCS.. Wait for the GOTY edition which is coming out next month.
Well since I got Hammerlock Mr Torque and the Slaughterdome for free, I actually DO bother....got scarlett dlc half off last time and will get tina this time also got BL2 for 800 MSP soo still a good deal I'd say...

Another below average week of sales IMO.  Good week to get into the Bioshock series if you've never played before I guess with all 3 being on sale.  I'd personally recommend 1 and 2 over Infinite.

Would've jumped on Bioshock Infinite season pass if that was on sale, but another safe week for my virtual wallet it looks like. Though they're taking their sweet ass time getting GTAV on GoD. Not that I'd buy it full price, but I'm curious performance wise how it compares to on disc, the PSN version and the PS3 disc version.

Would've jumped on Bioshock Infinite season pass if that was on sale, but another safe week for my virtual wallet it looks like. Though they're taking their sweet ass time getting GTAV on GoD. Not that I'd buy it full price, but I'm curious performance wise how it compares to on disc, the PSN version and the PS3 disc version.
PS3 had streaming issues with the digital version. Not sure if it's fixed or not but I think same will happen with the 360 version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-why-we-cant-recommend-GTA5-PSN

PS3 had streaming issues with the digital version. Not sure if it's fixed or not but I think same will happen with the 360 version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-why-we-cant-recommend-GTA5-PSN
Yeah, that's what I was curious about whenever it hits GoD since I've gotten so use to my disc drive being used for uploading the games to my HDD that I'd rather not hear a plane land as I play 360 games. Especially since it seems like mixed reports with the USB trick so I'm eager to hear the results whenever the game does come out on GoD.

Why would you assume it was free?

He just happens to have a friend in Argentina who loves Infinite.

I have a cousin stationed in Portugal who is lovin GTAV right now, doesn't mean it's free.

Weirdo.

I... will wait until BL2 season pass goes on sale at a reasonable price, and I already own the DLC that I need that doesn't form part of the season pass.

Yawn, nothing interesting as usual. Borderlands 2 price is good, but you may want to wait for GOTY edition at this point.

btw: Thanks MS for the Rayman Legends gift last week. :)

Looks like I'll pick up the XCOM DLC. I know of the Enemy Within version coming out, but seeing as I already have Enemy Unknown, I doubt I'll double dip.
Well, as long as you're cool with missing out on the Enemy Within expansion, I guess.

Also, the Borderlands 2 GotY will be missing the upcoming Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 Pack & T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest DLCs, as well as any heads/skins that weren't in the collector's edition, and the two remaining DLCs planned for the end of the year. (Gearbox probably really needs the money for that Aliens lawsuit. :) )

And for those of you who were in the beta or care, Ascend: Hand of Kul releases officially tomorrow.

I sincerely hope MajorNelson makes a damn Marketplace post in the next hour. I need to budget. :whistle2:(

I would've loved Poker Night 2 to get at least a 50% discount.  Don't see any reason to pay more than $5 for that.

Bioshock Infinite seemed like a good deal until I saw the Steam version bundled with the first two games for $20 at Amazon.

If you already own the BL2 season pass is any of that other DLC worth buying?

Nelson is such a slacker. Why is it so hard for him to post these sales earlier?
To be fair, I think he operates in WA, so when he posts (usually @ 9 a.m. EST), it's actually 6 a.m. PST for him, and Tuesday is when new content starts dropping for the week, so it's a good day to post (and it doesn't steal thunder from last week's sales which end). I just hope he posts at the usual time today.

To be fair, I think he operates in WA, so when he posts (usually @ 9 a.m. EST), it's actually 6 a.m. PST for him, and Tuesday is when new content starts dropping for the week, so it's a good day to post (and it doesn't steal thunder from last week's sales which end). I just hope he posts at the usual time today.
Good point. It only irritates me because sometimes he has the sales posted so you can see them a few weeks ahead of time. Why can't that always be the case? Why is it that sometimes we wait, not knowing what the sale will be and other times, we have a notice in advance?

Wow.  He even announced October's first Games with Gold early:

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

Edit:

That looks like a pretty cute game.  Misread and thought it had online coop, but it's actually online 2v2.  :(

It was just posted haha. Waiting for Activision.
Told ya. :)

The hell is an Ad-hoc sale? I know what Ad-hoc means but why have an unplanned sale? To stir up brand loyalty for NBA 2k14?

The only thing I can think of that's not on the DotW lists are the GoDs for Bioshock Infinite & XCom: Enemy Unknown.

Next week looks pretty solid (since most of us have been wanting Arcade Games on sale), with Zeno Clash 2 & Terraria going on sale for the first time (definitely picking those up).

Since we just had a CoD sale, I'm hoping that Activision publisher sale will focus on their other offerings.

Holy crap, M&M: Clash of Heroes is free?? Always managed to hold off getting it @ $7.50 (usually is $15 for some reason) because it never piqued my interest enough at the price, guess that ended up working out for me. What's with Ubisoft providing all the free games lately? Will the DLC be on sale you think?

And if you're going to have a month-long sale on RCR, why don't you just give it a price drop already? Nobody thinks it's worth $15.

Interested to see what the GoD of Phantom Breaker Extra is. Is it an expanded version of Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds?

Wow. He even announced October's first Games with Gold early:

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
This is the first GWG I am actually super excited and happy about! I've wanted to play this game for a long time after falling in love with Capa's other game Critter Crunch, but could never make myself pull the trigger and always regretted it once it was full price again. Getting it for free is just about perfect ^_^

Interested to see what the GoD of Phantom Breaker Extra is. Is it an expanded version of Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds?
A quick google search shows it's not at all the same game, but instead a 2D fighting game set in the same universe. I'm pretty sure Battlegrounds was always intended to be a semi-parody spin off actually.

A quick google search shows it's not at all the same game, but instead a 2D fighting game set in the same universe. I'm pretty sure Battlegrounds was always intended to be a semi-parody spin off actually.

That makes sense, BlazBlue does silly spin-off games all the time. Thank you.

Speaking of fighting games, who's excited for Girl Fight for $10 tomorrow? /sarcasm

I already own Might & Magic CoH, so, that's no good for me T_T On the other side I might consider picking Zeno Clash 1 and 2 next week. Also looking forward to find out what games Activision will put on sale.

Clash of heroes is a great game, but I have it already. Really the only one I am missing is Zeno 2, but after playing the original I am going to pass. No room on the HD anyway. I'll pick up some WP games instead.

Clash of heroes is a great game, but I have it already. Really the only one I am missing is Zeno 2, but after playing the original I am going to pass. No room on the HD anyway. I'll pick up some WP games instead.
I disliked Zeno Clash 2. Levels are quite open, but they feel so empty and dull. Some npc's here and there and few enemies, that's it. Combat/controls are quite clunky and the fov in console version is bad, which leads to motion sickness for some people.

Only thing i liked is the weird design of npc's, bosses.

btw I'll get Might & Magic CoH. Perfect time, since i'm renewing my Gold for GTA Online next month.

I guess ill download Might And Magic:CoH it does not catch my attention but maybe I can get some achievements out of it. My prediction for Oct.16 Games for Gold is Project Gotham Racing 3, or Sonic'06.

Halo 3 will probably be the LAST title they'll release for Games for Gold. Out of the 8 free games it seems like most of these titles are published/developed by Ubisoft. You got: Assassins Creed 2, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes. Not saying it's a bad thing but I just barely noticed.

EDIT: Activision Publisher sale might end up being mostly CoD hopefully not. I might end up biting on Bioshock 1 for 9.99 though I loved that game. When I first played the demo it scared the crap out of me cause I had to board a plane to Hawaii a week later.

I disliked Zeno Clash 2. Levels are quite open, but they feel so empty and dull. Some npc's here and there and few enemies, that's it. Combat/controls are quite clunky and the fov in console version is bad, which leads to motion sickness for some people.

Only thing i liked is the weird design of npc's, bosses.

Did you like the first ZC? I kind of did but need a good reason to pick up ZC2 and have heard no one talking about it.

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes is fantastic. Played it on both the DS and rebought it for the 360. If you like Puzzle Quests, you are going to dig on it too. Fun MP as well. Worth every penny at full price. 

A little over one year and 8 months unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back