XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point. It only irritates me because sometimes he has the sales posted so you can see them a few weeks ahead of time. Why can't that always be the case? Why is it that sometimes we wait, not knowing what the sale will be and other times, we have a notice in advance?
It's still early in the semester, there are probably new interns doing the posting, and they might not be fully up to speed yet. The DOTW page currently lists one of the BL2 Mechromancer head / skin packs instead of the character DLC.

The hell is an Ad-hoc sale? I know what Ad-hoc means but why have an unplanned sale? To stir up brand loyalty for NBA 2k14?

The only thing I can think of that's not on the DotW lists are the GoDs for Bioshock Infinite & XCom: Enemy Unknown.
The web site lists it as "2K GonD Ad-hoc Sale", looks like it's the GoDs for the franchises with DOTW DLCs.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Sales-and-Specials

Good point. It only irritates me because sometimes he has the sales posted so you can see them a few weeks ahead of time. Why can't that always be the case? Why is it that sometimes we wait, not knowing what the sale will be and other times, we have a notice in advance?
I've noticed MajorNelson does a better job posting deals ahead of time when he's actually in the office for the week.

He's been travelling to promote XBox One though. Last I knew he was in Boston I think, on an east coast swing to do hands-on events with the new console.

Cut the guy a bit of slack. He bounces timezones more than a pro athlete at times.

RE: The deals.... ugh. My only REAL complain is when only DLC is on sale for the week like last week. If the plan is to do that again, it's going to be a long week. There should be some sort of internal rule that more than XX% of the weekly Sales can't be DLC.

I like the newly-announced GWG game. M&M is a good franchise, I'll give it a shot.

Halo 3 will probably be the LAST title they'll release for Games for Gold. Out of the 8 free games it seems like most of these titles are published/developed by Ubisoft. You got: Assassins Creed 2, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes. Not saying it's a bad thing but I just barely noticed.
I'll put a strong bet that Halo 3 will be available the second half of November - November 15 is the anniversary of the release of the 1st Halo and they seem to like to do something to celebrate that most years.

Found it funny that Alpha Protocol and Viking:Battle for Asgard were coming to GoD. I mean is there are real demand for either?
I have not heard a single bad thing about Alpha Protocol. Only heard how great of a game it was and supposedly its a game where your decisions have an impact more than Mass Effect.

Nothing for me this week, but I'm looking at the Zeno Clash titles next week. I've always thought it was a cool premise (whacky first person brawler), but mixed reviews made me wait for a sale. Anyone have any thoughts on those two games for $12.50?

I have not heard a single bad thing about Alpha Protocol. Only heard how great of a game it was and supposedly its a game where your decisions have an impact more than Mass Effect.
I've been interested in it for awhile now and have heard similar things about it being good, although also that it's pretty bland looking and buggy like most Obsidian games. I'm pretty sure you can get it for $2.49 at gamestop now though with their -50% sale going on, which definitely seems worth it to me. I think the main problem with bringing older games to GoD is the pricing. Stuff like this shouldn't be going for more than $10-$15 tops, but for whatever reason Microsoft is rather unwilling to price most of them appropriately. Old news of course, but it still annoys me as someone who actually likes having digital copies of stuff.

I've been interested in it for awhile now and have heard similar things about it being good, although also that it's pretty bland looking and buggy like most Obsidian games. I'm pretty sure you can get it for $2.49 at gamestop now though with their -50% sale going on, which definitely seems worth it to me. I think the main problem with bringing older games to GoD is the pricing. Stuff like this shouldn't be going for more than $10-$15 tops, but for whatever reason Microsoft is rather unwilling to price most of them appropriately. Old news of course, but it still annoys me as someone who actually likes having digital copies of stuff.
Yea games on demand pricing is so bad. I have never bought one full price. Even then Ive only gotten a handful on sale. I got alpha protocol for a buck on clearance. Just havent played it or opened it.

I really want to get the Tiny Tina DLC, but on that same token I know I'd probably be better off just waiting for the season pass to go on sale again.  I mean, it's basically guaranteed that the borderlands stuff will drop again to celebrate the GOTY releasing, right?

Sold on infinite. I'm excited...just played Bioshock 1 earlier this year and it was one of the most engrossing environments I've ever played in a game. Mr. Bubbles!!

Would love to buy X-com, but I still have Dragon Age and Orange Box to play from the GoD sale.

It only takes 5 seconds of a quick search to find out that unfortunately Alpha Protocol was one of the biggist underachievers this entire generation.

They even had billed it up to be a trilogy but quickly canceled that after the release of the game.

Think of it like Aliens: Colonial Marines to an extent. Everyone thought it was going to be this awesome Spy RPG game, only when we got it in our hands, it wasn't.

This game is OK. Its worth 5 bucks (disc version) or cheaper at Gamestop which I am sure there are still plently of at a local store around you.

But its really up to the eye of the beholder. I personally like both Aliens and Alpha Protocol. I think they are disappointing but for the little I paid for them its OK. I like the Aliens franchise in general so thats why I forgive its many draw backs, I wish I didnt have to forgive anything though.

When it comes to Alpha Protocol its an interesting game were you see where Obsidian was trying to go with it but unfortunately it failed for whatever reason. When I play it I feel like I am playing an Alpha Build. I just feel like the game needed more time and wayyyyy more polish. The AI is brain dead and I mean like more brain dead than the Aliens in Colinial Marines. The decision making is alright but in the end it doesnt really make much of a difference in the story, at least not the difference you think it could/should've made. I might put it like when lately people complained about how Mass Effect 3 basically didn't take into account decisions of the past and it felt like it didnt matter what your choices were, well this is that....only a little worse.

Overall a game that maybe with a part 2 the bugs and the polish might've been there but I dont see it ever happening now.

Damn. Congrats to everyone who hasn't played the announced GfG game. I hate the imbalance of that game with the boss battles being so different from the standard fights but it's an interesting game.

Terraria is awesome. Everybody should play the demo and see if it jumps out at you.

You did not read a lot....or play it.....or see gameplay videos...

Seriously, while the choice stuff is ok, getting through the god awful gameplay and actually caring about those choices is an entirely different thing.

I'd buy Viking: Battle for Asgard for $10.
Retail copies are cheaper got one for 6 bucks...

Also I already have M&M Clash of Heroes and it's DLC...but well some HDD space saved again lol...tiny tina was 1.77GB today soo yeah lol my 320 GB HDD is full every other day lol plus not much space left on my second xbox with 120 GB (all games on there which I've finished)

For TylerH ...

Gold only DOTW - 2K DLC
Bioshock 2

Borderlands

Borderlands 2

XCom - Enemy Unknown

Open to Everyone - 2K Games on Demand "Ad-hoc" Sale

Extended XBLA discounts

Rocksmith discounts

Games on Demand markdowns

The Bureau is part of the 2K GoD sale.
Thanks, fixed it ... but is it really on sale when it's already cheaper @ online resellers? :lol:

I wish the Borderlands 2 Season Pass was on sale.
Agreed, since it already went on sale once during Xmas ... but more urgently, "hey 2K, how about once for those of us who also have it on PSN?" :whistle2:(

Nothing for me these next 2 weeks, unfortunately.

Wish I hadn't purchased Clash of Heroes on sale, I still haven't gotten around to playing it. :(

Terarria is an awesome game, one of my absolute favorites from this console generation.  $7.50 for it is a steal on consoles (I'm sure it's been cheaper on Steam before).  Anyways, I played it on PS3 but I thought they did a really good job with the control setup that they used, I'm sure it should control equally as well on PS3.  I'm tempted to buy it again just to replay for achievements, but I'd also kind of like to pick up the Terarria collectors edition if I ever see it relatively cheap.

I'll get to the OP shortly.  I had a job interview today so I've been practicing interview questions all morning.  

I'm wondering if this ad-hoc sale is some kind of sign that publishers don't like that their on-sale games are still locked behind Xbox Gold? Certainly it does limit their audience by a little bit.  It would also explain why most of the best sales over the last year or so have been open to everyone.

Have to at least try Girl Fight because it's a fighting game, but it does look terrible from what I have seen.

Ascend looks a little bit like Dark Souls mixed with Fable to me. I hope it launches smoothly. I've heard positive things about the beta.

Anybody recommend the Zeno Clash series? They don't look like any games I've played, so they're grabbing my attention.

Haven't connected to xbl since I switched from Verizon to Sprint back in May...Sprint is too slow to connect through Wi-Fi tethering. Finally going to break down and start splitting the internet bill with my landlord so I can play gta 5 online...will be in for Terraria no doubt.

Yeah, they're pulling the ol' bait & switch with this one, no doubt. Especially since the "Enemy Within" expansion will NOT be released as DLC separately (like a Dragon's Dogma/Dark Arisen situation), which sucks. Wonder if they'll be a separate achievement list or not.

Edit: Apparently they pretty much overhauled the entire game and they're running into problems with Xbox DLC limits for real, according to my in-depth investigation. I guess this is acceptable then, especially considering the expansion on PC (does not include the original game is $30 on its own, and it comes with the $17 of DLC on the marketplace already). You know what is a rip-off though? The Borderlands 2 GotY (which is why the BL2 DLC is on sale this week).
GotY Editions w/DLC on the disc aren't a ripoff; it's the only way thousands of gamers w/o broadband gain access to that extra content. You should have seen how many people traded Skyrim vanilla in for the Legendary Edition to my local GS in June. Heck 3 of them were the CE they could have sold on Amazon for big money even w/o the dragon statue.

Have to at least try Girl Fight because it's a fighting game, but it does look terrible from what I have seen.

Ascend looks a little bit like Dark Souls mixed with Fable to me. I hope it launches smoothly. I've heard positive things about the beta.

Anybody recommend the Zeno Clash series? They don't look like any games I've played, so they're grabbing my attention.
Just watch the Giant Bomb quick look of Girl Fight and you'll see it's trash.

Well so far free games for gold has been a huge disappointment for me with all the hype.  Fable 3 is the only game for me so far.  Don't get me wrong there are some quality games but I already own them.  Heroes was one of the few 7.50 games I actually didn't regret buying at that price. 

I wanted Bioshock Infinite to get to $20 and Xbox delivers. Thanks, Microsoft.

Tried Terraria. I like the graphics, like the music. Hate everything else. Create this, aim at that, go to the vein of ore where I'm chopping away and getting no where (who knew chopping could be so boring?). I decide to travel to the far right to the point where I fall into water and can't swim. I'm glad side scrollers are making a comeback but this is not what I had in mind. Thumbs down.   

Really happy with the hour of BS:I I played today. I love the first 2, but never finished the 2nd... Now I think I'm gonna drop another $10 this week to get it GoD...

Nothing for me these next 2 weeks, unfortunately.

Wish I hadn't purchased Clash of Heroes on sale, I still haven't gotten around to playing it. :(

Terarria is an awesome game, one of my absolute favorites from this console generation. $7.50 for it is a steal on consoles (I'm sure it's been cheaper on Steam before). Anyways, I played it on PS3 but I thought they did a really good job with the control setup that they used, I'm sure it should control equally as well on PS3. I'm tempted to buy it again just to replay for achievements, but I'd also kind of like to pick up the Terarria collectors edition if I ever see it relatively cheap.

I'll get to the OP shortly. I had a job interview today so I've been practicing interview questions all morning.
Can I unlike this post for not playing Clash of Heroes? It's an awesome game and easily worth full price for the 30 hour campaign, which I'm working on playing through on XBLA to make it my third playthrough.

As others have said, you must not have heard much if all you heard was great. I enjoyed it, but it is pretty awful. Here's a quick example: I forget if you can manually save or if it autosaves, but the result is the same. When you reload your save, there will probably be 1/2 as many guards if not all of them gone. Not a good bug in a stealth game that maybe you'd be interested in restarting midlevel.

• XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... coming out soon included with "XCOM® - Enemy Within" (aka the GOTY edition) for $39.99 MSRP, including massive changes to gameplay, new abilities, new maps, etc. More info @ official site here.
Wanted to emphasize the upcoming Enemy Within is more like a v2.0 than an expansion pack, and you can still play the original if you so wish. XCOM is a fantastic game, and EW is looking to really push the gameplay to the next level. I pre-ordered EU, bought it on demand the first time the price dropped, bought all the DLC day 1, and wish I could find an outlet to preorder EW. $20 is well worth it for XCOM EU, but with the sales last year I think we'll see the expac for $25 Black Friday or after Xmas at the latest. A similar thing happened with the Bioshock bundle, priced at $40 and on sale for $20-25 in a month.

Thread title is misleading!

bfedbe44-c778-4a6b-b425-9aea116fc00d_zps428e3d9d.jpg

Anybody else being asked to sign into their consoles again? All accounts on my console are being asked for email/password. Seems strange to me. Don't remember ever being asked unless it was to recover my account to a new Xbox.

I've haven't played Bioshock 2 yet, but I have the retail version and I loved the first one. Is Minerva's Den or any of Bioshock 2 DLC worth it?

I've haven't played Bioshock 2 yet, but I have the retail version and I loved the first one. Is Minerva's Den or any of Bioshock 2 DLC worth it?
Minerva's Den is excellent (one of the best pieces of single player DLC made for any game, IMO). All the others are multiplayer or non-story trials.

Anybody else being asked to sign into their consoles again? All accounts on my console are being asked for email/password. Seems strange to me. Don't remember ever being asked unless it was to recover my account to a new Xbox.
It asked me to add more methods of contact today, but I just canceled and was never prompted to sign it. That's about all I've ever had happen to, so I don't know...

GotY Editions w/DLC on the disc aren't a ripoff; it's the only way thousands of gamers w/o broadband gain access to that extra content. You should have seen how many people traded Skyrim vanilla in for the Legendary Edition to my local GS in June. Heck 3 of them were the CE they could have sold on Amazon for big money even w/o the dragon statue.
I think you misunderstand. It's not a rip-off because it's a rerelease with DLC on disk, those are great to pick up on the cheap (though it annoys me when DLC is put on sale piece-meal before the release of one, especially if said release includes brand-new, otherwise unavailable content), but it's a rip-off because the GotY edition will be missing SEVERAL DLCs, not only cosmetic ones, but the second level cap raise, and some missions. Why not delay a GotY edition if you have more DLC in the pipeline? Unless you're trying to get one over on your fans, ofc.

I understtood that Slingshot DLC for X-Com was only accessible when starting a new game. I've read on some forums that X-Com may have been patched to allow a game already in progress to play the slingshot missions. Anyone know whether that is the case?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back