XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='E.Nich']I re-downloaded the trial version for Outrun2 that was in my DL history, but it couldn't be purchased in-game :( I had to try. I have the disc versions from Xbox, but... I hate when MS quits a game from the marketplace without saying anything (It has passed more than a year since they quit this game, but back then I didn't bother to see if I could get it in game).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='louiedog']They announced it many months before and even put it on sale a couple of times in between which I believe is the right way to handle that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

Haha it's kinda funny that E.Nich would choose that game to vent about. He's right, it totally sucks when they delist games without prior notice, but Outrun is pretty much the only one I remember that they actually did give prior notice about.

[quote name='in boston']For whatever it's worth I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the Nightmare in North Point DLC and I bought it at 50% off. It seemed like a cool idea, was expecting something along the lines of RDR: Undead... Not even close. Its 40 minutes of strictly hand to hand combat.

Unless your one of those people here that has no qualms in dropping money on stuff you really dont need (of which there are many here to be fair) I would opt for a different DLC pack. Nightmare in North Point is fool's gold.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...that's depressing to hear. I'll probably be buying it on PSN this week.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Haha it's kinda funny that E.Nich would choose that game to vent about. He's right, it totally sucks when they delist games without prior notice, but Outrun is pretty much the only one I remember that they actually did give prior notice about.

Hmm...that's depressing to hear. I'll probably be buying it on PSN this week.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, yes, it's funny that they announced that they would delist precisely that game and I didn't notice :cry: Well, nothing I can do about it, so it doesn't matter.

Never thought the 2% rebate for having 25,000G would amount to anything. But since November the 2% has amounted to me getting 820MSP. Guess its good for a little free MSP. :) If only they had larger tiers like 100,000 for 5% back. :cry:

Anyways. Do any of you guys think its worth caving on Mass Effect 2 Kasumis Stolen Memory and Overlord DLCs for 560 msp each? Been waiting forever on those and the Citadel.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Never thought the 2% rebate for having 25,000G would amount to anything. But since November the 2% has amounted to me getting 820MSP. Guess its good for a little free MSP. :) If only they had larger tiers like 100,000 for 5% back. :cry:

Anyways. Do any of you guys think its worth caving on Mass Effect 2 Kasumis Stolen Memory and Overlord DLCs for 560 msp each? Been waiting forever on those and the Citadel.[/QUOTE]

Kasumi's DLC was one of my favorite parts of ME2 (played it on PS3 so I had all the DLC from the start). It's not overly long, but is pretty fun and unique, and I really like her as a character. I didn't care as much for overloard, mainly because of all the vehicle parts, but other than that it has a good plot. All of these have parts in ME3 as well, which I found a neat little feature. I'd recommend Kasumi definitely, and Overloard if you want something a little more substantial and can deal with the so so vehicle segments:)

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Anyways. Do any of you guys think its worth caving on Mass Effect 2 Kasumis Stolen Memory and Overlord DLCs for 560 msp each? Been waiting forever on those and the Citadel.[/QUOTE]
Stolen Memory is awesome-- one of the best missions (and characters) in ME2. Overlord is just all right IMO. Not bad, but doesn't really distinguish itself.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Never thought the 2% rebate for having 25,000G would amount to anything. But since November the 2% has amounted to me getting 820MSP. Guess its good for a little free MSP. :) If only they had larger tiers like 100,000 for 5% back. :cry:

Anyways. Do any of you guys think its worth caving on Mass Effect 2 Kasumis Stolen Memory and Overlord DLCs for 560 msp each? Been waiting forever on those and the Citadel.[/QUOTE]

I would say both are worth it. They both offer gameplay elements that differ greatly from any other levels found in ME2. Stolen Memory is pretty short, but you are getting a whole new character so it adds value to the game overall. Plus Kasumi is one of my favorite characters (and shadow strike is awesome). I enjoyed Overlord more than most I have talked to, but I enjoyed the Mako bits in ME1 and was having serious tank withdrawals in ME2 so that could be part of it. The story for Overlord is pretty cool too IMO. Some serious paragon/renegade decisions that weigh heavily on your conscious. Honestly the only story dlc for ME2 I felt wasn't worth the price tag was Arrival. Though it was a good segway into ME3. Man, I could talk all day about ME series. Favorite game series ever. Citadel is worth full price too btw.

Steam sale on Mass Effect going on now.
Amazon sale on Mass Effect going on now.

Will a Mass Effect sale start next Tuesday on Xbox Live? Bring on a Mass Effect 3 DLC sale!!

[quote name='Bizzquik']Steam sale on Mass Effect going on now.
Amazon sale on Mass Effect going on now.

Will a Mass Effect sale start next Tuesday on Xbox Live? Bring on a Mass Effect 3 DLC sale!![/QUOTE]

Fingers and toes crossed!! I still need to pick up Omega.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Just wanted to add in regards to the Sleeping Dogs DLC, I just checked, and there is a picture of the box art as the cover for the weekly deals. Placeholder?[/QUOTE]

I know someone here wanted it, but I sure hope not. It was just on sale 2 months ago as part of a Square Enix publisher sale.

[quote name='E.Nich']Guys, it seems that it will be a sequel for Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. They sold a lot apparently.[/QUOTE]

I just finished it yesterday with 400/400. I was a big fan of Far Cry 3, having spent 30+ hours on it and gotten all of the single-player achievements (which is no big deal for many here, but which I've done for a total of 3 games in my 6 years of owning a 360).

Without spoiling anything, I'll say that I was pretty underwhelmed by everything other than the basic Far Cry 3 gameplay, which remains very solid and enjoyable. I'm 35, which is probably the perfect age for the game's 80's parody trappings, but the humor and style of the game did pretty much nothing for me. The story is just noise -- I couldn't follow it even though it can probably be summed up in 2 sentences. Maybe that is the point as action movies from that era are similarly nonsensical. The dragons are just window-dressing that don't really play a part in the story and are too hard to manipulate. And the beginning, when you're underpowered, is maddeningly difficult, just like the original was for me. Once you get two particular weapons, the difficulty basically flips a switch and you're suddenly Rambo. I will say that when you do become viciously overpowered, the game becomes very fun as you can just waltz into any situation and dominate without batting an eye. That part does feel like an 80's action movie and is probably the most successful aspect of the game.

Overall, as a big fan of Far Cry 3, I'd give Blood Dragon a solid 3/5. I'll play the sequel if they make one, but I'd be more interested in new re-skins that are similarly out of left field. I was thinking that something along the lines of an ultraviolent Battle Royale / Hunger Games / Lord of the Flies would be a great fit for the gameplay and engine. I could keep playing re-skinned Far Cry 3 games for a while without getting bored.

Stolen Memory is awesome. Also adds as a positive in ME3 if you transfer save (she becomes a war asset).

Overlord was mediocre and felt kind of out of place/tacked on. It also adds a war asset in ME3.

I echo above sentiments for ME DLC, go with stolen memory if you must pick one.

OT-so i was able to hook up my dying HDD to my pc, and i can see the file structure in xport 360 (and horizon) but any time i click on games folder to open it, the programs lock up. I thought it might be slow since i have so many games and saves, but it never returns from a 'not responding' state. So there is definitely some file that is a save or a actual game that has turned bad. does anyone have ANY other suggestions on how to access this information, Im about to give up and accept being a born again 'game save' virgin.

[quote name='illennium']I just finished it yesterday with 400/400. I was a big fan of Far Cry 3, having spent 30+ hours on it and gotten all of the single-player achievements (which is no big deal for many here, but which I've done for a total of 3 games in my 6 years of owning a 360).

Without spoiling anything, I'll say that I was pretty underwhelmed by everything other than the basic Far Cry 3 gameplay, which remains very solid and enjoyable. I'm 35, which is probably the perfect age for the game's 80's parody trappings, but the humor and style of the game did pretty much nothing for me. The story is just noise -- I couldn't follow it even though it can probably be summed up in 2 sentences. Maybe that is the point as action movies from that era are similarly nonsensical. The dragons are just window-dressing that don't really play a part in the story and are too hard to manipulate. And the beginning, when you're underpowered, is maddeningly difficult, just like the original was for me. Once you get two particular weapons, the difficulty basically flips a switch and you're suddenly Rambo. I will say that when you do become viciously overpowered, the game becomes very fun as you can just waltz into any situation and dominate without batting an eye. That part does feel like an 80's action movie and is probably the most successful aspect of the game.

Overall, as a big fan of Far Cry 3, I'd give Blood Dragon a solid 3/5. I'll play the sequel if they make one, but I'd be more interested in new re-skins that are similarly out of left field. I was thinking that something along the lines of an ultraviolent Battle Royale / Hunger Games / Lord of the Flies would be a great fit for the gameplay and engine. I could keep playing re-skinned Far Cry 3 games for a while without getting bored.[/QUOTE]

I agree whole-heartedly. The game needed a bit more love, great concept but it just doesn't go far enough. They needed to populate the world with a few more things to do other than just collectables as well as needing to vary up the environment. Everything has a same-sort of look to it, which, considering how much smaller an environment it is than Far Cry 3, they should have been able to add a bit more character to the world. I found when I located hang-gliders, using them was useless as the world was just barren, dark, all looking purple/black and it was easier to just fast travel or grab a car. Open-world games need something to populate them IMHO. Otherwise what's the point? I'd had rather it been a linear corridor shooter with a few open maps to be honest. It just didn't take advantage of the type of game that it was. And for that reason I'm right there with you, it's about a 6 out of 10. But in saying that I would tell people that it's a must buy once it hits about 600pts as that feels really good for a game like this. Even 800 pts might be right. But I'd hold off for a bit at 1200.

I've been waiting for a ME2 sale for a while. I need Lair of the Shadow Broker. I wouldn't say no to some ME3 DLC either.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']

Just be aware that Katsumi's Stolen Memory plays like a point and click adventure, though there is a bit of fighting at the end. If you've played Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC then it plays a lot like that section where you're in Liara's apartment trying to find some data. It's actually a weird almost James Bond-like experience. And like most I'd have to say I enjoyed it more than the forgettable Overlord. Still, to be honest, other than the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC in ME2 i don't really think there has been any great DLC for the Mass Effect series. I'd almost tell you to skip it and just grab a good XBLA game. I love Bioware but their DLC is never up to the snuff of the main game and hardly ever adds any further depth. I wish they took a cue from Rockstar (GTA IV/RDR) or even Bethesda (Fallout 3/New Vegas) who have done better jobs with DLC. I wish they'd do a more epic DLC that isn't just about landing on a planet and dealing with a few rooms of grunts.

You didn't think Citadel was great?!?

And the best part of Stolen Memory isn't the mission itself, but getting to use the wonderful Kasumi as a playable character.

Hmmm, do you think that Major Nelson will have time next tuesday to update the dotw's for the incoming two weeks? I hope so, but I guess that he won't.

Yeah, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Citadel are both worth full price. Hell of a lot of content in both.

For Stolen Memory/Overlord, I'd actually go with Overlord if I had to pick. It has a great mission, actual choice at the end, and ME3 impact. Stolen Memory has those too but I just liked Overlord that little bit more.

[quote name='simmias']You didn't think Citadel was great?!?

And the best part of Stolen Memory isn't the mission itself, but getting to use the wonderful Kasumi as a playable character.[/QUOTE]

I'm a fan of point and click adventures so my saying that the Katsumi DLC plays like that wasn't a swipe at it, just some people might be pleased while others might be put off by that sort of gameplay. It's definitely the most unique of all the ME2 DLC.

I agree I loved using Katsumi, though my issue with all the downloadable characters is that if you used them through the main game they felt a bit dead as they didn't offer any insight into the ongoing missions in the game beyond theirs. My feeling is that at this point people are buying the DLC just to play the DLC and if that's the case then other than Lair of the Shadow Broker I wouldn't bother. But if you are playing the main game or want to do another run through of it, yes Katsumi is amazing to have on your squad. Also if I recall correctly you get to keep the suit you wear at the party in the DLC for use as your on ship outfit in the main game (I think I really liked it so I recall wearing it around the ship throughout most of my gameplay). Considering that people pay for different costumes in fighting games or avatar outfits, having another outfit for a 30 hr game might be worth an additional few dollars too to someone.

As for Citadel - I must admit I haven't played any of the ME3 DLC. I own and have played all the ME2 DLC and was a little underwhelmed. I think generally that's the feeling with a lot of Bioware DLC (Dragon's Age and Mass Effect). Lair of the Shadow Broker was different and stands as the only "must-own" DLC of ME2. All the others are leave it or take it. If people are just looking at playing the DLC on its own and not returning to the main game I would just say look elsewhere at the moment and wait for a DLC sale. ME2 has had DLC sales in the past and I'm sure they'll have one again. Though if you're in the middle of doing a run-through then decide between Overlord and Katsumi's Stolen Memory on this basis: do you want a few hours of action or a few hours of intrigue. If you want the action go Overlord. If you want the intrigue go Katsumi's Stolen Memory. And yes keep in mind a new squad member and outfit for Sheppard with Katsumi. Though I am probably throwing another spanner in the works by saying that I think I liked the Arrival more than I liked Overlord as I can't remember much about Overlord but the Arrival has stuck with me.

[quote name='E.Nich']Hmmm, do you think that Major Nelson will have time next tuesday to update the dotw's for the incoming two weeks? I hope so, but I guess that he won't.[/QUOTE]
You're not more concerned about them having things set up for the deals to go live early Tuesday morning? I think that's all automated, anyway, or in the hands of some poor, overworked intern.

[quote name='skonson']I'm a fan of point and click adventures so my saying that the Katsumi DLC plays like that wasn't a swipe at it, just some people might be pleased while others might be put off by that sort of gameplay. It's definitely the most unique of all the ME2 DLC.

I agree I loved using Katsumi, though my issue with all the downloadable characters is that if you used them through the main game they felt a bit dead as they didn't offer any insight into the ongoing missions in the game beyond theirs. My feeling is that at this point people are buying the DLC just to play the DLC and if that's the case then other than Lair of the Shadow Broker I wouldn't bother. But if you are playing the main game or want to do another run through of it, yes Katsumi is amazing to have on your squad. Also if I recall correctly you get to keep the suit you wear at the party in the DLC for use as your on ship outfit in the main game (I think I really liked it so I recall wearing it around the ship throughout most of my gameplay). Considering that people pay for different costumes in fighting games or avatar outfits, having another outfit for a 30 hr game might be worth an additional few dollars too to someone.

As for Citadel - I must admit I haven't played any of the ME3 DLC. I own and have played all the ME2 DLC and was a little underwhelmed. I think generally that's the feeling with a lot of Bioware DLC (Dragon's Age and Mass Effect). Lair of the Shadow Broker was different and stands as the only "must-own" DLC of ME2. All the others are leave it or take it. If people are just looking at playing the DLC on its own and not returning to the main game I would just say look elsewhere at the moment and wait for a DLC sale. ME2 has had DLC sales in the past and I'm sure they'll have one again. Though if you're in the middle of doing a run-through then decide between Overlord and Katsumi's Stolen Memory on this basis: do you want a few hours of action or a few hours of intrigue. If you want the action go Overlord. If you want the intrigue go Katsumi's Stolen Memory. And yes keep in mind a new squad member and outfit for Sheppard with Katsumi. Though I am probably throwing another spanner in the works by saying that I think I liked the Arrival more than I liked Overlord as I can't remember much about Overlord but the Arrival has stuck with me.[/QUOTE]

then you shouldn't generalize "mass effect dlc" because citadel is up there ;)

[quote name='gotdott']then you shouldn't generalize "mass effect dlc" because citadel is up there ;)[/QUOTE]

I was referring to ME2 DLC specifically as the question was in regards to choosing between Overlord and Katsumi's Stolen Memory. I'm sure I'd enjoy Citadel, I think what's bothered me mostly with Bioware DLC is that it always seems like spend $7 and get a couple hours of new missions that play the same as the rest of the game. Considering I didn't spend more that $10 each on each ME game which offer 30+ hrs of that gameplay each I always just find it a bit hard to justify spending the added dough when there are probably better games to spend that time playing or better DLC for other games to buy & play. The Citadel definitely looks different and I love the fact that it brings back all the characters we love for one last romp. Here's hoping that the next spin-off game of the universe keeps one or two characters around. It's just a shame that Bioware can't consistently make unique experiences with their DLC. I'd rather explore part of a beloved character's backstory than just get a new character tossed my way.

Thanks for all the replies guys. If I do end up caving one day Ill get both. But really I want all ME DLC that I dont have (Overlord, Kasumis Stolen Memory, Omega, and Citadel) just dont want to pay full price. Their shortness doesn't seem worth the prices they are asking. Im a huge ME fan but dont want to buy them full price! :whistle2:#

Edit: They should have just done a season pass for 2400 or 1600. That would of been worth it. >.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']
Edit: They should have just done a season pass for 2400 or 1600. That would of been worth it. >.

[quote name='Althax']Shhhhhh! Dont even think that! Season passes are horrible! Paying up front for something you dont even know what youre getting? Very few of them are ever worth the asking price.[/QUOTE]

A season pass is an option and there's no need to buy them up front. If you're in a situation like ME3 where all of the DLC is out and you want to get it all then a discounted season pass with a further sale is a better way to do it.

[quote name='E.Nich']Yeah, always licensing problems... They really said something before delisting? They never do :whistle2:#.[/QUOTE]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...Arcade-To-Be-Removed-From-XBLA-Next-Year.html

OutRun Online Arcade To Be Removed From XBLA Next Year
Written Wednesday, October 13, 2010 By Richard Walker

OutRun Online Arcade is set to be removed from the Xbox Live Arcade and has already been taken down from the PlayStation Network, as SEGA no longer has the Ferrari licence. The game was originally launched in April 2009.

SEGA issued the following statement to Eurogamer yesterday: "Due to the expiry of the contract with Ferrari, OutRun Online Arcade will remain offline on PSN but will still be available on XBLA until Dec 2011."

Why developer Sumo Digital and SEGA are able to keep OutRun Online Arcade live on XBLA is unknown, but one thing's for sure. Come December 2011, spending 800 MS Points on the game might seem like a good idea since we might never get the chance again.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Citadel are both worth full price. Hell of a lot of content in both.

For Stolen Memory/Overlord, I'd actually go with Overlord if I had to pick. It has a great mission, actual choice at the end, and ME3 impact. Stolen Memory has those too but I just liked Overlord that little bit more.[/QUOTE]

Stolen Memory is much better to get than Overlord if you must choose because of getting Kasumi as a character and the SMG from that mission (which is missable if you don't search the vault thoroughly) is great to have on normal playthroughs and almost mandatory for any Hardcore or Insanity run in ME 2.

[quote name='dirtyvu']http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...Arcade-To-Be-Removed-From-XBLA-Next-Year.html

OutRun Online Arcade To Be Removed From XBLA Next Year
Written Wednesday, October 13, 2010 By Richard Walker

OutRun Online Arcade is set to be removed from the Xbox Live Arcade and has already been taken down from the PlayStation Network, as SEGA no longer has the Ferrari licence. The game was originally launched in April 2009.

SEGA issued the following statement to Eurogamer yesterday: "Due to the expiry of the contract with Ferrari, OutRun Online Arcade will remain offline on PSN but will still be available on XBLA until Dec 2011."

Why developer Sumo Digital and SEGA are able to keep OutRun Online Arcade live on XBLA is unknown, but one thing's for sure. Come December 2011, spending 800 MS Points on the game might seem like a good idea since we might never get the chance again.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thanks. Some guys from here already pointed out that precisely with Outrun, they announced it was going to be delisted (I didn't notice it though, I don't know why).

edit: Now I know why, at the time of those announces, I didn't own a Xbox360 yet. I have one since December 2011, it was a close call, but at that time I wasn't so interested in discounts and such things, so I wasn't informed.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Still need the OTHER DLC from ME1 lol[/QUOTE]

Don't bother; it's crap, doesn't matter to the campaign, and it will ruin your hardcore or insanity runs through the game. Unless you want the achievements, but you'll almost have to play through it on normal only to get them.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Don't bother; it's crap, doesn't matter to the campaign, and it will ruin your hardcore or insanity runs through the game. Unless you want the achievements, but you'll almost have to play through it on normal only to get them.[/QUOTE]

I agree it's not worth the price, but it's very doable on insanity. I just bought Pinnacle Station and played it for the first time on my insanity run and managed to get all the achievements. Plus this guide helped:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/104/index/4668515/1

[quote name='skonson']Considering I didn't spend more that $10 each on each ME game which offer 30+ hrs of that gameplay each I always just find it a bit hard to justify spending the added dough when there are probably better games to spend that time playing or better DLC for other games to buy & play. The Citadel definitely looks different and I love the fact that it brings back all the characters we love for one last romp. Here's hoping that the next spin-off game of the universe keeps one or two characters around. It's just a shame that Bioware can't consistently make unique experiences with their DLC. I'd rather explore part of a beloved character's backstory than just get a new character tossed my way.[/QUOTE]
See, I usually go with another way of thinking. If I got a masterpiece like ME2 for $10, I'd be more than willing to throw something extra the developer's way through DLC. And I thought the ME2 DLC was quite good overall. Zaeed was awesome, Kasumi was awesome, Lair was awesome, the Mattock was freaking awesome. So what if there was a dud here or there?

ME3 has the crappy Omega DLC, but it also has Leviathan, which sounds like it's right up your alley. You want backstory and a unique experience? Leviathan has it in spades.

And Citadel is worth more than the asking price, in my opinion. It's fan service to the extreme, and you can tell it was a labor of love. I had a smile on my face the entire time.

[quote name='louiedog']A season pass is an option and there's no need to buy them up front. If you're in a situation like ME3 where all of the DLC is out and you want to get it all then a discounted season pass with a further sale is a better way to do it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

And a few season passes are worth it to me. Especially the bioshock one. Regardless of what I get it is still going to be at a discounted rate. And Im pretty sure It will be good.

Was picking up DLC for a few games I have yet to start. Why cant all DLC be like Metro 2033 and Star Wars Unleashed 2? 240 msp for one and 80 msp for the other. Both include a good amount of GS as well, 240 and 200.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Exactly.

And a few season passes are worth it to me. Especially the bioshock one. Regardless of what I get it is still going to be at a discounted rate. And Im pretty sure It will be good.

Was picking up DLC for a few games I have yet to start. Why cant all DLC be like Metro 2033 and Star Wars Unleashed 2? 240 msp for one and 80 msp for the other. Both include a good amount of GS as well, 240 and 200.[/QUOTE]

I agree about season passes. I'm not for buying them upfront and taking the risk, but I have no problem with the notion of them bundling DLC together as it makes sense to offer DLC in a package and at a discount.

As for why Metro 2033 and SW-FU2 have cheaper DLC. I believe the Metro 2033 just really adds a super hard mode that takes away the HUD and makes it more difficult. So it'd be hard to justify that at more than a couple bucks. I remember passing on it for 120pts when it was on sale once and regret that as I do love the game. As for SW-FU2 - they should pay you to play that game and its DLC, in which, and I'll try not to spoil anything, but you viciously murder some of the most beloved characters in the Star Wars universe. I don't know what they were thinking in making that DLC to begin with, but that game itself is way too short and shoddy in comparison to the first one so the DLC should have been free. I assume that's what they wanted to do, to make the DLC free, but because Microsoft doesn't allow it they priced it at 80pts which is likely the minimum for DLC. Microsoft should just remove minimum costs for DLC, when the developer/publisher is happy to give it away, at least for Gold members that is. I think it would convince more people to buy Gold if they got access to Valve DLC which often goes free on PC for instance.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I got my punchcard code for the one month of XBL live. But I never got the 800 points? Is that sent as a code too?[/QUOTE]

I think it's by the end of May

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I got my punchcard code for the one month of XBL live. But I never got the 800 points? Is that sent as a code too?[/QUOTE]
You recieved your punchcard code by email, isn't it? I'm still waiting them.

[quote name='E.Nich']You recieved your punchcard code by email, isn't it? I'm still waiting them.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I did. It didn't specify what the code was for, so I just put it in. Gold.

And good to know it may take until the end of the month for it to show.

My 800MSP are showing on the website as pending but I didn't get my 1 month gold code yet.

[quote name='zarda1']My 800MSP are showing on the website as pending but I didn't get my 1 month gold code yet.[/QUOTE]
I Echo this in my Rewards page as well.

[quote name='zarda1']My 800MSP are showing on the website as pending but I didn't get my 1 month gold code yet.[/QUOTE]
D'oh, forgot to check here. I see mine, so I feel pretty satisfied. Great promotion!

Got an e-mail with both a code for the month of Live & the avatar award (it's a couch). Nothing on my 800 MSP. I just remembered I was getting it, so hopefully I'll get it before GGXXACP stops being on sale.

& here's a pic of that avatar couch:

PlaytoEarn_zps00534519.jpg

just got my email, with the month of gold and the avatar item. Avatar item is, as expected, a Xbox Rewards branded shirt, though it also seems to include a couch and controller for your avatar, so that's something I guess. Gold came just in time, as mine ran out today (go figure). Points are pending, so all around everything worked out:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back