XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']If you had no interest in buying these games or even playing them before they were cheap, then it really means you don't need those games. [/QUOTE]
My interest in most XBLA games goes up exponentially once they're discounted.

Let me clarify that for Atari/Team17's sake: discounted to a price much lower than its current true value, not 20-33% off some of the worst and overpriced games to ever hit the marketplace. I'd love to buy Matt Hazard since I enjoyed Eat Lead so much, but I'm not paying a point over 400 for it since I know it's barely worth even that much.

Don't even get me started on Galactrix and Daggerdale...

[quote name='Sath666']Exactly! Dull games with low enemy variety and few poor boss battles. If someone is played first part - he have played them all, seriously. Other two are like expansion packs with same environments and enemies. -_-
I have disc version btw.[/QUOTE]

You have now been crowned the CAG Alien Breed Guru since we can't get the disc version in the states. If I only wanted one of them (my willpower and wallet are much stronger than ooga's) would 3: Descent be the one to get?

[quote name='Eye Carumba']Is Earthworm Jim worth it at that price?[/QUOTE]

Yes! I bought it when it first came out like 3 or 4 years ago and its extremely fun and challenging. But of course this is coming from an Earthworm Jim fan, I say try the demo and see if you enjoy it.

[quote name='Sath666']Exactly! Dull games with low enemy variety and few poor boss battles. If someone is played first part - he have played them all, seriously. Other two are like expansion packs with same environments and enemies. -_-
I have disc version btw.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! I was trying to figure out if I should buy these, or the Earthworm Jim game.

-B

Having never played Earthworm Jim back in the day, I wasn't impressed with it at all.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Yar's Revenge looks interesting. Anyone have any thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]
Buy it before it gets delisted again :lol:

The remake blows.

Take your $5 and use it to pickup a copy of the Genesis or Sega CD version.

[quote name='wEEman33']The remake blows.

Take your $5 and use it to pickup a copy of the Genesis or Sega CD version.[/QUOTE]
Hey, come on. The SNES version was good too!

[quote name='berzirk']Hunh, I don't tend to bitch when a sale sucks, but I think this might be the worst XBL weekly sale that I can remember. Usually there are 1-2 things that I at least consider purchasing. Rough week.[/QUOTE]
With a comment like that, you're obviously not an old geezer on Xbox Live, because many of us can still remember the Xbox Live Gold member "Deal of the Week" consisting of only 4-5 avatar items. I'm sure it's somewhere in the archives here at CAG if you want to see how bad we used to have it. :D

[quote name='sicsonic']So I'm going to ask again, do you work/write for Operation Sports or something?[/QUOTE]

Hey, I forgot about the sale until now ... so thanks to "wEEman33" for his diligence!

[quote name='sicsonic']So I'm going to ask again, do you work/write for Operation Sports or something?[/QUOTE]

Hey, I forgot about the sale until now ... so thanks to "wEEman33" for his diligence!

[quote name='Rollobobo']Yar's Revenge looks interesting. Anyone have any thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

Do you miss Panzer Dragoon so much that you're willing to play something horribly mediocre in its stead?

If so, you need to buy this game ;)

Yar's Revenge is okay, but it feels less polished than something like Star Fox or Sin & Punishment. Honestly, it's not THAT bad, especially for $5, but the games listed above are just much better.

[quote name='Gabrius']Do you miss Panzer Dragoon so much that you're willing to play something horribly mediocre in its stead?

If so, you need to buy this game ;)[/QUOTE]
We really do need a panzer dragoon HD collection.

[quote name='wEEman33']The remake blows.

Take your $5 and use it to pickup a copy of the Genesis or Sega CD version.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's certainly no Avatar Football. But worse than the Genesis and Sega CD versions? Pfft.

[quote name='eastx']Well, it's certainly no Avatar Football. But worse than the Genesis and Sega CD versions? Pfft.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap...... :applause:

[quote name='Cornelius']With a comment like that, you're obviously not an old geezer on Xbox Live, because many of us can still remember the Xbox Live Gold member "Deal of the Week" consisting of only 4-5 avatar items. I'm sure it's somewhere in the archives here at CAG if you want to see how bad we used to have it. :D
![/QUOTE]

No kidding, it took them a long to come around with decent sales. Soooo much avatar crap

[quote name='Kerig']You have now been crowned the CAG Alien Breed Guru since we can't get the disc version in the states. If I only wanted one of them (my willpower and wallet are much stronger than ooga's) would 3: Descent be the one to get?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as i mentioned there are little to no changes at all. Also none of these games support co-op for campaign. Instead you get handful of co-op missions in each game. It's a missed opportunity.

[quote name='GUNNM']We really do need a panzer dragoon HD collection.[/QUOTE]

This + Shenmue HD.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']We should just all change our avatars on here to avatar football and see what he says ;)[/QUOTE]

He would probably just chide us for not having done it sooner. Tee hee. :)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Hey, come on. The SNES version was good too![/QUOTE]

It was good, but if you have a Genesis or Sega CD, those are the best versions of Earthworm Jim for sure. There's no reason to play an inferior version unless you just don't have those old Sega systems.

Though I would still rather play the SNES cart than the awful remake.

[quote name='Sath666'][quote name='GUNNM']We really do need a panzer dragoon HD collection.[/QUOTE]
This + Shenmue HD.[/QUOTE]

+ Shining Force III Collection HD.

Hey, a man can dream! :cry:

[quote name='Sath666']https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/299552451873345538

*IMG SLASH!*[/QUOTE]

I see Black Tiger as a DEMO, so I guess that rules out it as a free game upon downloading the client, especially since it's listed under Game Pack 1 titles... :roll:

And I find even funnier that they claim last two titles as a BONUS for those who have bought all the other games, spending between 3600 (if you buy all the bundles/packs) and 4800 (if you're crazy enough to pay for them individually), when a month later you can buy ALL 17 of them together (bonus included) at 2000 MSP... genius marketing, really :lol:

[quote name='berzirk']Hunh, I don't tend to bitch when a sale sucks, but I think this might be the worst XBL weekly sale that I can remember. Usually there are 1-2 things that I at least consider purchasing. Rough week.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? You must not pay attention to the deals ever then. Half of the sales are probably worse than this weeks. Sure it's nothing really great but there are tons of worse weeks.

[quote name='thenutman69321']Seriously? You must not pay attention to the deals ever then. Half of the sales are probably worse than this weeks. Sure it's nothing really great but there are tons of worse weeks.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I mean there's nothing for me, but this is a weird week to hear a lot of complaints about. At least it's not Red Dead Redemption DLC for the 49th time.

[quote name='eastx']Junpei, Black Tiger is included WITH the demo. It is supposed to be the free game that everyone gets.[/QUOTE]

True enough, but it will effectively be limited, according to the press: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/07/capcom-arcade-cabinet-brings-back-the-classics-on-february-19/
[quote name='Joystiq']players on XBLA will have one credit to play with before restarting[/QUOTE]

It is listed under Game Pack 1 titles, after all... said pack costs 400 MSP, so I guess you'll need to buy the pack to unlock all extras tied to Black Tiger and remove the 1 credit thing. Anyway, it surely isn't the strangest thing written on that list... :)

I don't think I can wait until May for everything. I'm so weak and have a near limitless supply of MS poinst that I'm just buying the packs as they become available.

[quote name='Zonic505']Also, the JPN trailer revealed the 2 bonus games for downloading the rest of them are
1943 Kai & Vulgus
[/QUOTE]

I must admit, I held onto a tiny speck of hope for one of the bonus games to be Willow, but I guess licensed titles are out of question... :cry:

[quote name='Zonic505']Capcom blogged about the game here with all the info.

Also, the JPN trailer revealed the 2 bonus games for downloading the rest of them are
1943 Kai & Vulgus
[/QUOTE]

Seeing the two bonus games makes me happy. Eight shmups for $25...I need to still that picture of the "face of a pleased man".

Not familiar with Side Arms or Exed Exes though, so that could be interesting.

One thing I'm wondering though. Have there been any indication where they may do future game packs? If so, I'd love to get my hands on Forgotten Worlds.

So Skulls of the Shogun is really good, but it seems like it bombed. There's only 5500 people on the leaderboards and never any realtime multiplayer games available. The asynchronous mp is a crapshoot if the other player ever responds and even then it's inconvenient playing via Xbox. Any cags want to play some multiplayer or boost some of the mp cheevos? That epic win one seems unlikely to occur naturally.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Interesting that they'd announce they're going to release an all-in-one pack before they start releasing any of the games. It's honest I guess, but it also seems like it will cannibalize sales of the single games and 3-packs. It's like announcing plans for a GOTY version of a game before ever actually releasing the game.[/QUOTE]

With this Capcom Arcade Cabinet, I think of it more like a bundle discount with the option of a la carte pricing for those who don't want to drop $30 to buy the whole set. The value is obviously in the bundle...unless someone wants nothing more than to hack away at Ghosts and Goblins for the rest of their days, in which case the 4 bucks seems like the better play.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Of course the Atari stuff goes on sale. Right after everyone bought it thinking they would get delisted before getting a sale... Oh well. At least I'm only out $5 in discounts. I'm completely with Tyler on this one, they brought back Yar's Revenge but not the new Warlords? Ugh!!

[/QUOTE]

I just picked up Warlords due to the sale. Atari stuff is never on sale and Warlords is a classic. The new evolved mode is a lot of fun. Is there anyway to change the choice of castle? In single player, it seems I always have to be the purple castle. I'd angle the board but the purple is hard to see when the board is tilted.

The classic version is borderline unplayable with the bad controls. Oh well with the classic (I'll stick with MAME Kaillera to play this with friends over the Internet and use my trackball/mouse).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XrCU3zcaiM

Centipede/Millipede was fun in the Evolved mode but it's too expensive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yivLLHhEu7Q

Battlezone looks cool and the uber short demo doesn't give enough time to get a real feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFsjDbjLH9E

I never played Yar's Revenge and the whole thing confuses me (tried it in an emulator a long time ago and had no idea what to do).

[quote name='dirtyvu']
I never played Yar's Revenge and the whole thing confuses me (tried it in an emulator a long time ago and had no idea what to do).[/QUOTE]

the remake of Yar's Revenge has literally NOTHING to do with the original's gameplay. they have the same name, that's about it.

[quote name='sicsonic']the remake of Yar's Revenge has literally NOTHING to do with the original's gameplay. they have the same name, that's about it.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it, but seems like a missed opportunity to pay some kind of homage. Have a boss surrounded by a psychedelic force field, have him rev up and shoot a rainbow at you-bam, nod to the original.

An improved version of the delisted Yugioh game is coming to XBLA/PSN next week for $10. If you bought the last one, then you get this one free.

http://konami.com/article/KONAMI_ANNOUNCES_YU-GI-OH!_5D'S_DECADE_DUELS_PLUS_FOR/283

Hey all ... if you're in the Pacific NW of the USA, Fred Meyer is repeating their "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150" coupon they had last Sunday, only it's just for the Electronics dept. This means the 12-month XBL subscription card currently on sale for $39.99 will be $31.99 when doubling up sale+coupon, and 1600 / 4000 MSP cards will be $15.99 / $39.99 with the (effectively) 20% off coupon. See my post over in the XBL subscription & points thread for more info.

Oh, and they also say in the ad flyer that all 360 games will be on sale for the next 2 days, and RE6 & MoH:WF are both 50% off as well. No idea if that makes them "good deals", but just something to check out if you're already there for subscription or point cards. :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']I have a feeling the 1/2 off MoH/RE 6 are just a way to hide those titles had their MSRP drop to $30 from $60.[/QUOTE]i was at fred meyer today and the sale is 50% off the new msrp. $14.99 each.

[quote name='panda911']So Skulls of the Shogun is really good, but it seems like it bombed.[/QUOTE]

I highly enjoyed the demo; preview pics don't do the game justice by any stretch. The biggest problem I see is that it feels more like a 400-point game a-la Quarrel. 1200 is way too much to ask for a turn-based game like this.

Same goes for The Cave. 800 should be the limit unless it's close to worthy of a disc release.

[quote name='harry hood']so any word on what was a price drop and what is a sale?[/QUOTE]

Not concrete, but several of the D3 Publisher games also went down in price on PSN and are listed as "Price Drops". Similarly, the Alien Breed games are also on sale on PSN listed as "Sales". So you can probably make fair judgements that the same thing is happening here, i.e. the D3 Publisher content is a price drop and the Team17 content is a sale.

As for Atari, I think it's fair to assume that these are temporary sales, and that this content may even disappear fairly soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back