XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not bother with them at all.

Two and three are so similar to one it's borderline a joke. They are pretty boring and average twin stick overhead games, don't waste your points.

[quote name='Jackal1']To prove my point there is 1,036 backlinks and that's just from co-optimus. I will post the wpcentral #'s shortly. So while I do agree that posting relevant information/reviews is helpful, posting over a thousand links to your domain is clearly against the TOS as well as a clear sign of back link farming.

-The Jackal[/QUOTE]

That's nonsense. I've made about 7,000 posts here over the last 10 years. I highly doubt that 1 out of every 7 posts has been linking to one of my reviews at Co-Optimus. I've only reviewed about 50 games there at most.

Affiliate links are hyperlinks that give the referrer money when clicked. I've never posted an affiliate link at CAG. I do not own either site I write for and don't receive payment based on page views or clickthroughs.

Also, who are you again? Even if you're not Weeman, you're not disclosing the real reason for this little quest for vengeance. It can only be that you're a friend of Weeman who has some stake in Avatar Football as well. Nothing wrong with the latter part, but again it's important to be honest about your associations.

Whatever the case, it's pretty clear you're insane. Why can't I ever get a female stalker?

[quote name='ZForce915']Eastx has always had relevant things to say in this thread, and sometimes that included a link to a review about the game in question. It's not like he drops in with nothing more than a link and then disappears until the next week.

Granted it has been months since I've been in this thread, but eastx is ok in my book.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I Actually like the reviews that EastX puts up on this thread.Im the type of person that hates reviews from IGN,Xplay,Etc. Because they are all very biased towards certain games. And the reviews that EastX has linked us to have been pretty helpful.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']As a disclaimer, I'll admit that I'm pretty good friends with EastX. That being said, as far as I can see he has only promoted any of his work one time in his 16 posts since this new thread started. The one thing he did post was a link to some of his gameplay of Skulls of the Shogun, which seems extremely relevant. Like Chrono said, when he posts it's almost always relevant to the discussion.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. As you've all pointed out, I only link to my articles when it's relevant to the discussion. I don't have any particular interest in CAGs visiting the sites linked in my signature. I just enjoy sharing my writing and hearing my friends' and peers' opinions of it. Also, I haven't broken any rules (other than maybe getting in a public argument with Mr. Crazy Pants) and have nothing to apologize for.

Let me just chime in real quick.

I've had the pleasure of actually meeting Eastx in person. One of the nicest dudes you could ever meet. The links he posts is out of the kindess in his heart and the love and passion he has for gaming. He doesn't NEED to do any of this. Dude has a family and a full schedule, which boggles my mind that he even has the time to write these reviews. While I may not agree with the reviews sometimes, it's good to hear someones opinion every now and then. Anyways, It's not like you have to read every review lol... I know I don't. I choose to read about the games/articles that interest me. I don't know what else to say. Keep up the good work Paul.

As for Indie games, the motto goes like this, "No Achievements, No Thanks!", with very few exceptions of course.

Sorry for the wall of text but I had to get that out.

On topic, I'm getting the Atari games on sale lol...

:cool:

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I'm still debating the Matt Hazard game if anyone wants to sell me on it.[/QUOTE]

Want me to sell you against it? I saw people saying some terrible things about it, but I thought the videos that I'd seen looked alright. I assumed it was at least worth checking out. I managed to get a code for it for free and after about 15 minutes realized that I was wrong and the people who said it was bad were right. I continued to play it after those 15 minutes, hoping it would get better, and I consider that wasted time. I didn't lose any money on it, but I wish I'd used that time for something better, like a nap.

[quote name='Junpei']Well, last week they surprised us with Amy, Puzzle Quest DLC and Matt Hazard: BBB discounts, so grab the list tylerh1701 keeps in his sig and start praying! ;)
Could this be the fabled, highly coveted, heavily sought "all Mass Effect add-ons at 50% off" week, finally? :lol:[/QUOTE]

That list isn't 100% up to date at the moment, I'll hopefully be able to get to it this week. But yeah, it seems like MS has been doing a pretty decent job with giving us discounts on old random games that haven't actually had sales before. It's very appreciated IMO.

It probably is just an unfortunate fluke, but the latest system update for Xbox corrupted my hard drive and I probably lost it all. If you feel like playing safe, it might not be a bad idea to spend a few minutes to copy your game saves to your cloud drive or a thumb drive.

[quote name='yamayama']

As for Indie games, the motto goes like this, "No Achievements, No Thanks!", with very few exceptions of course.
[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that you should be always connected to XBL in order to play these indie games. This is the main reason why i have purchased only few. ;)

btw At this point i'm tired from achievements. Most of them are pretty boring to going after.

[quote name='Sath666']btw At this point i'm tired from achievements. Most of them are pretty boring to going after.[/QUOTE]

But they taste like candy!

[quote name='eastx']But they taste like candy![/QUOTE]

I know, actually had some fun before. Got burned out of them after i reached 100k gamerscore.For good i guess? Some of my friends get really addicted to the point they buy extra consoles, few copies from the same game in order to easily boost online achievements. ;)

[quote name='Sath666']I know, actually had some fun before. Got burned out of them after i reached 100k gamerscore.For good i guess? Some of my friends get really addicted to the point they buy extra consoles, few copies from the same game in order to easily boost online achievements. ;)[/QUOTE]

wtf lol

[quote name='Sath666']I know, actually had some fun before. Got burned out of them after i reached 100k gamerscore.For good i guess? Some of my friends get really addicted to the point they buy extra consoles, few copies from the same game in order to easily boost online achievements. ;)[/QUOTE]

well at least im not THAT bad lol. though i am only around 53000....some is boosted or i hunted. but over half of that is playing entirely too much xbox

Extra consoles, extra games and extra Live subscriptions? This is an entirely new level of forever alone, if you can't even go to a forum and ask for someone to boost with you...

[quote name='Junpei']Extra consoles, extra games and extra Live subscriptions? This is an entirely new level of forever alone, if you can't even go to a forum and ask for someone to boost with you...[/QUOTE]

i would love to say this shocks me but honestly it doesnt. ive played online before and am well aware of the boosting desperation that occurs. i'd suspect it occurs because some games are impossible to get otherwise due to their age. also given how many people here have multiple copies of the same console floating around this wouldn't be all together shocking. also its nigh impossible to reach 100k points without boosting. ive got easily 100 games in my played list and with boosting im only at 53000. and well there are quite a few people with such a high gamer score.

i do blame that one guy who is shooting for a million though thats just sad lol.

You're only talking 15,000 gamerscore a year to reach 100k. Seems more improbable not to hit that number if you've had the console since launch.

[quote name='eastx']Why can't I ever get a female stalker?[/QUOTE]
I always wanted a stalker that was an amazing cook.

Imagine, someone around all the time always giving you things like lasagna and fresh baked cookies.

My gamerscore currently sits at 111703. I've been playing since the Christmas after launch. "boosted" achievements probably account for around 1000 of that. 100k is totally possible.

Speaking of stalkers, I'm randomly throwing friend requests on XBL whenever I see some CAGers sporting their gamertag under his/her profile picture, so hope you fellas don't mind... \\:D/

And yes, I'm guilty of checking those Co-Optimus reviews too, made by eastx or not, since I play couch co-op often with my friends/missus and I like to know what type of multiplayer can we expect from this or that game. I find them really useful most of the times and didn't even had a clue that the Avatar Football issue was reaching such absurd heights... I just thought of them as posts made by a particularly eager fan for a game I wasn't interested in, and that's all.

Now, back to cross fingers while combing through tyler's list, up to date or not! :bouncy:

Konami has announced that a revised version of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels will release on XBLA.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels Plus is an updated release of a game that originally launched on XBLA in November 2010. This version of the game and its associated booster packs were subsequently removed from the marketplace in October 2011 for reasons unknown.
According to Konami, Decade Duels Plus includes new features and functionality, such as:

• Voice and text-chat functionality
  • Over 2,000 playable cards, including cards featured in Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic, GX and 5D’s decks
  • Hundreds of additional cards and packs for purchase through the Xbox Live marketplace
  • Online multiplayer with up to four-player Tag Duel for total Yu-Gi-Oh! supremacy
  • Game play customization with user-created rules
  • Multiple game modes, including Quick Match, Rank Match and Custom Match
  • Online leaderboards to track your stats against anyone worldwide
In good news, Konami advises that those players who purchased the original version can download the new version free of charge.

For others, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels Plus will cost 800 MSP when it releases at an as-yet unspecified date.

Happy =D Will be free for me =D

[quote name='VideoGameCollector17']So excited for Yu-Gi-Oh!! I just found my old cards and really hope a fair amount of people play it! I wish there was a release date though /:[/QUOTE]

You do know it's become farily different from the original right? It's all about synchro fusion and adding up levels of monsters in order to make another monster. I miss the simple yugioh of 2003-2006.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']You do know it's become farily different from the original right? It's all about synchro fusion and adding up levels of monsters in order to make another monster. I miss the simple yugioh of 2003-2006.[/QUOTE]

I've heard it's changed, but not that much. I didn't know it was about that now /: the 2003-2006 version of Yu-Gi-Oh was so simple and fun. I guess it won't hurt to try this game out, but it's a shame that it's not the same! I found my old Obelisk the Tormentor card from seeing the Yu-Gi-Oh movie in the theater :p

[quote name='kayne2000']i would love to say this shocks me but honestly it doesnt. ive played online before and am well aware of the boosting desperation that occurs. i'd suspect it occurs because some games are impossible to get otherwise due to their age. also given how many people here have multiple copies of the same console floating around this wouldn't be all together shocking. also its nigh impossible to reach 100k points without boosting. ive got easily 100 games in my played list and with boosting im only at 53000. and well there are quite a few people with such a high gamer score.

i do blame that one guy who is shooting for a million though thats just sad lol.[/QUOTE]

Just because you have 100k doesn't mean you've boosted. Have I boosted, yes I have. But I also have over 300 games "started" according to TrueAchievements. And that's not counting the 60 or so games in my backlog. If you play enough games, you could easily hit 100k, boosting or not.

Once upon a time there was an actual reason to raise your score. Years ago they had a contest with point prizes for those who could raise their gamer score by x amount in x amount of time. I felt dirty playing vampire rain, because I was boosting, and it's one of the worst games I've ever played.

I'm sure now there are far too many Xbox owners to run another contest like that, but at least at ONE point in time, there was a reason (excuse) to boost or play terrible games for their score.

[quote name='bajingo']Once upon a time there was an actual reason to raise your score. Years ago they had a contest with point prizes for those who could raise their gamer score by x amount in x amount of time. I felt dirty playing vampire rain, because I was boosting, and it's one of the worst games I've ever played.

I'm sure now there are far too many Xbox owners to run another contest like that, but at least at ONE point in time, there was a reason (excuse) to boost or play terrible games for their score.[/QUOTE]
They do have the 2% MSP rebate now! The threshold is only 25,000 GS though.

But the "reason" to raise your gamerscore is the same as the "reason" to play videogames at all. Because it's fun. People like to say that gamerscore "doesn't mean anything" or "doesn't get you anything" (not accusing you of this), as if that's somehow different from just playing videogames in the first place.

To change the subject, a game I'm still on the fence about. Rocketbowl. Anybody actually buy this and want to try and sway me one way or the other?

Well, I meant the "reason" to boost or otherwise play crappy games you wouldn't normally look twice at if they didn't have super easy achievements. I spend far to much of my life gaming to wag my finger at those who do the same, but boosting seems like a chore and not fun.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']They do have the 2% MSP rebate now! The threshold is only 25,000 GS though.

But the "reason" to raise your gamerscore is the same as the "reason" to play videogames at all. Because it's fun. People like to say that gamerscore "doesn't mean anything" or "doesn't get you anything" (not accusing you of this), as if that's somehow different from just playing videogames in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Well said. My favorite part about achievements/trophies is that it basically just keeps a running log of everything I play. I wrote a CAG blog write up for all of my gaming in January, and all I had to use to write it was my achievement and trophy lists.

[quote name='bajingo']Well, I meant the "reason" to boost or otherwise play crappy games you wouldn't normally look twice at if they didn't have super easy achievements. I spend far to much of my life gaming to wag my finger at those who do the same, but boosting seems like a chore and not fun.[/QUOTE]
Agreed there! playing a game I don't want to play JUST for achievements is beyond the pale for me. To each their own though.

[quote name='GUNNM']Did those two assholes racing to a million gamerscore succeed yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Stallion83 - 844,138
smrnov - 827,461

Grabbed those totals off TA.

[quote name='GUNNM']I dunno if thats impressive or sad.[/QUOTE]
At least in Stallion's case, I think his website pays the bills. If my full time job was to play Xbox and blog about it, I'd personally call that a win. :D

I always assumed they were teams of people. I guess not?

I actually usually have fun during boosting sessions, but admittedly I don't do them a lot since I prefer single-player games. When you've got a big group turret boosting in Bioshock 2 or stun boosting in Assassin's Creed it can be pretty fun shooting the shit. I've met some great gamers thanks to boosting.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Well said. My favorite part about achievements/trophies is that it basically just keeps a running log of everything I play. I wrote a CAG blog write up for all of my gaming in January, and all I had to use to write it was my achievement and trophy lists.[/QUOTE]

I'm just sorry that achievements went pretty quick from being an overlay of something actually useful game-wise (i.e. milestones that unlocked weapons in Dead Rising or bonuses in Mass Effect to use in subsequent playthroughs) to just story checkpoints and ways to enlarge e-penises doing mostly stupid or tedious things. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to show off my progresses to e-buddies (and I've dispensed you from more colorful metaphors :roll:), it's just that I think they're an extremely underused feature...

I remember asking Signal Studios about the possibilities of game content tied to a user's gamerscore. Since the theme of the game is a huge Gods vs. Titans clash, I thought that being able to reflect global achievements into player's appearance or cosmetic choices (not as mechanical advantages, anyway) would have been cool, but their answer was like: "If only gamerscore could be used for anything..." :cold:

Totally forgot to pick up the Ghostbusters Jumpsuits for the avatars. Guess I didn't care enough about them for an actual purchase. Still would have been cool though.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Totally forgot to pick up the Ghostbusters Jumpsuits for the avatars. Guess I didn't care enough about them for an actual purchase. Still would have been cool though.[/QUOTE]

They should still be on sale. I just bought one yesterday. I believe they are on sale through today, meaning they end tomorrow.

Go to the first page and click the link in the OP and see if they are still discounted to be sure.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']It's really not that hard get 20,000 Gamerscore a year.[/QUOTE]
Between August 2011 and January 2012 I played almost every game in my backlog and earned about 66,000 Gamerscore. Best 6 months of my life.. :D

Since then I've got about 40K more and have built my backlog back up to about 60 Retail and 20 Arcade. If only I had another 6 months of free time..

Gamerscore can be really fun if you play enjoyable games depending on your taste. I will admit every once in awhile I will pick up an easy game to play and finish over a weekend but nothing like Nickelodeon Dance or stuff like that. I used to go for gamerscore hardcore when I was still in high school but that was loooong ago. I still have people on my friend list who go from playing Rango, to Spongebob, to Madagascar, to Brave, and so forth. But I dont think they do anything other than play games. One dude on my friend list had back surgery recently and literally later that day was somehow online playing devil may cry and brave. My two highest gamerscores of my friends have 600K and 500K. You can meet cool people sometimes going for achievements. I will admit when a game is unbearable to play to me personally like GTA i will just leave it alone. I do have a completionist in me though so I try to finish what I started.

[quote name='Junpei']Speaking of stalkers, I'm randomly throwing friend requests on XBL whenever I see some CAGers sporting their gamertag under his/her profile picture, so hope you fellas don't mind... \\:D/[/QUOTE]

I don't mind.:cold:

So the overall consensus on EDF: 2017 is if you don't have it, get it now from XBLA since it's very difficult to find a copy that's in great shape with everything included (manual, cover, etc.) for $15, right? I guess I'm going to get it then.

Also as far as the Onechanbara DLC goes, if I wanted to get everything I could just buy the full pack data for $10 and it would include the other 2 dlc that are on sale now?

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']My Gamerscore is just over 117,000 right now. I hit 100,000 last year.

It's really not that hard get 20,000 Gamerscore a year.[/QUOTE]

I've averaged about 10K a year. I tend to try to complete everything in games I'm interested in, or play a lot of MP beyond the achievements (Halo, Mass Effect 3). I also work a full-time job and own a home....so yeah, 20K seems like a big stretch to me.

[quote name='Junpei']I'm just sorry that achievements went pretty quick from being an overlay of something actually useful game-wise (i.e. milestones that unlocked weapons in Dead Rising or bonuses in Mass Effect to use in subsequent playthroughs) to just story checkpoints and ways to enlarge e-penises doing mostly stupid or tedious things. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to show off my progresses to e-buddies (and I've dispensed you from more colorful metaphors :roll:), it's just that I think they're an extremely underused feature...
[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Some of the tedious things in ME1 with the "Get 100 kills with weapons X, Y and Z" had a bonus behind it. And I still want to go back and replay Dead Rising to finish the Mega Man armor and dick around. Cause it's fun! Hey, an unlockable costume that doesn't cost 240 points or require a specific retailer pre-order. *sigh* I miss that. And it's kept me from trading the game into the hated pre-owned stock that the publishers hate so much. It's a genius idea, not only do you get that number and proof of your progress in the game, but an extra that you can show your friends which spur them to do the same. Instead, it's a $3 shortcut for all. Suck. The whole industry is going on a shitty path with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back