XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Between August 2011 and January 2012 I played almost every game in my backlog and earned about 66,000 Gamerscore. Best 6 months of my life.. :D

Since then I've got about 40K more and have built my backlog back up to about 60 Retail and 20 Arcade. If only I had another 6 months of free time..[/QUOTE]

Before I finished reading your comment, I started to reply asking what all of you people do besides game! :shock:

Between a part-time job that masquerades as a full-time one which I dedicate 7-9 hours of my day either attending or getting-ready for, I get to spend between 1-4 hours per day with the girlfriend who I live with, which may or may not overlap with the 5 or so hours a week of what little TV I watch and/or the netflix I perpetually have waiting patiently for me. Add the 5-8 hours of sleep, an hour here-and-there of housework, and I feel like I could live to a hundred and barely play through 66+ games from the top down that you, specifically in this case, played through in just 6 months.

ARRGGLLLLFLURFF!!! :puke:

Now granted, I've had a 360 since launch but only managed to own a dozen or so games by '08 as I was still playing through my PS2 backlog. I didn't start really caring at all about achievements until mid-2010 or so. That being said, Xbox.com claims I've played about 146 games +/- ...and my gamerscore is 23k.
Sigh, sorry for the resentment gang. :oldman:

EDIT: nice to see a few other people chiming in that do not have that kind of free-time either.

Chiming in on the achievement talk, I personally love them and while they do influence what games I play, I will never just flat-out not play a game for achievements. Sadly, I will play a game solely to get easy achievements, but I won't ignore one if it has difficult or time-consuming achievements. It may get pushed to the end of the backlog, but that's besides the point.

I was fairly late to the Xbox party finally getting one back in late 2010. As you'd expect, I had a lot of games to play so I racked up about 20,000 Gamerscore that first year. Since then, I've only made it up to ~31,000 mainly because Battlefield 3 and WWE 12/13 take up a lot of my time. If I actually put those games aside and focused on my backlog, I'd probably be at or near 50,000 by now. I do play quite a bit of PS3 as well, where I have a decent amount of trophies, so that's holding me back too.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']There are bears outside.[/QUOTE]Know what else is outside? WARS. When's the last time you ever heard of a war happening inside? NEVER!

Also, Major Nelson confirmed he'll have a blog up of upcoming games, sales & all that tomorrow.

I actually like the uplay model. Earn a few relatively straight forward achievements and earn points to unlock bonuses relating to the game. I only get achievement hungry when I'm already 80% there.

[quote name='Zonic505']Know what else is outside? WARS. When's the last time you ever heard of a war happening inside? NEVER!

Also, Major Nelson confirmed he'll have a blog up of upcoming games, sales & all that tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

tumblr_mhyon6ajZY1qam3y3o2_250.gif

:lol:

I don't have the GS itch that some do, but every once in a while I'll find myself grinding one out and inevitably hate myself a little more. I think I've mentioned it on CAG, but one of the saddest for me was getting the "Casanova" achievement in The Saboteur. I enjoyed the game quite a bit and decided to get every achievement once I beat the SP and found I only had a few left. The "Casanova" achievement requires getting your GTA-like alert level up and then finding a Parisian slut to make out with because even the Nazis knew lovers and fighters were mutally exclusive groups. You have to do this 50 times. So I spent hours of my real life not touching or interacting with real girls (though, really, just my wife), in order to virtually make out with virtual girls for virtual points that have no meaning or value except, perhaps, as a metric on how far I'd sunk.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I don't have the GS itch that some do, but every once in a while I'll find myself grinding one out and inevitably hate myself a little more. I think I've mentioned it on CAG, but one of the saddest for me was getting the "Casanova" achievement in The Saboteur. I enjoyed the game quite a bit and decided to get every achievement once I beat the SP and found I only had a few left. This requires getting your GTA-like alert level up and then finding a Parisian slut to make out because even the Nazis knew lovers and fighters were mutally exclusive groups. You have to do this 50 times. So I spent hours of my real life not touching or interacting with real girls (though, really, just my wife), in order to virtually make out with virtual girls for virtual points that have no meaning or value except, perhaps, as a metric on how far I'd sunk.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I have the game, and if I ever get to play it (that's a big if) I'm sure your post will come to mind several times. :)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']You do know it's become farily different from the original right? It's all about synchro fusion and adding up levels of monsters in order to make another monster. I miss the simple yugioh of 2003-2006.[/QUOTE]

Ah the days of Yata Lock & Envoy of the Beginning/End

I top 8 a Yugioh regional in summer 2004 running an Earth Beatdown deck with Berzerk Gorilla's and Toon Gemini Elf's.

Also competitive Yugioh is the most costly financially TCG ever. Even now it would cost you $1-2K to build the current top tier decks from scratch.

[quote name='Sanges99']Before I finished reading your comment, I started to reply asking what all of you people do besides game! :shock:

EDIT: nice to see a few other people chiming in that do not have that kind of free-time either.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's just free time, a lot of people with high gamerscores play lame and easy games intentionally, or just race through games. These aren't real gamers though. I don't ever get the point of playing through a game just to boast about it. It's one thing if someone asks you about a game or difficulty, but to play through literally 100s of games in less than 8 years isn't just weird, it's got to be really unhealthy. And that Stallion guy isn't a real gamer. Racing to get 1,000,000 points...for what? Seriously, I play games and shouldn't judge, but there's literally no reward for that. Not even money, a Guinness World Record, or a Game Informer article that comes across as sad, makes up for how literally worthless that life is. If you're not playing games to have fun...why are you playing games?

I actually played games like Halo 3 and Gears of War to play them. If I got an achievement in Halo 3, it was because it just happened. I'll never get the point of boosting for things like that, when the whole point of the achievement is to achieve it. I've said it before, but I'm convinced I'm the only person to ever legitimately get Save This Film (really it should be called Save This Video). I'm sure it felt much more satisfying and surprising to earn than it would have by having to exploit matchmaking or connection setups, or have people stand still while I kill them. What's the point of achieving something you didn't earn. No one should care about your gamerscore (except Microsoft with that Rewards Program).

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I don't think it's just free time, a lot of people with high gamerscores play lame and easy games intentionally, or just race through games. These aren't real gamers though. I don't ever get the point of playing through a game just to boast about it. It's one thing if someone asks you about a game or difficulty, but to play through literally 100s of games in less than 8 years isn't just weird, it's got to be really unhealthy. And that Stallion guy isn't a real gamer. Racing to get 1,000,000 points...for what? Seriously, I play games and shouldn't judge, but there's literally no reward for that. Not even money, a Guinness World Record, or a Game Informer article that comes across as sad, makes up for how literally worthless that life is. If you're not playing games to have fun...why are you playing games?

I actually played games like Halo 3 and Gears of War to play them. If I got an achievement in Halo 3, it was because it just happened. I'll never get the point of boosting for things like that, when the whole point of the achievement is to achieve it. I've said it before, but I'm convinced I'm the only person to ever legitimately get Save This Film (really it should be called Save This Video). I'm sure it felt much more satisfying and surprising to earn than it would have by having to exploit matchmaking or connection setups, or have people stand still while I kill them. What's the point of achieving something you didn't earn. No one should care about your gamerscore (except Microsoft with that Rewards Program).[/QUOTE]

I'm a completionist. That's my thing. I enjoy having unlocked every achievement and fully putting away a game once and for all. Occasionally I'll go back and continue to play. Halo: Reach was that to me. But, it's nice seeing that 100%.

I bought Arcadecraft, it was fun. However, it is way too easy, I left arcade cabinets default and had no problem progressing until the end.

[quote name='HDShadow']I'm a completionist. That's my thing. I enjoy having unlocked every achievement and fully putting away a game once and for all. Occasionally I'll go back and continue to play. Halo: Reach was that to me. But, it's nice seeing that 100%.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. A complete game is the true achievement. :bouncy:
On a side note, legit perfections on Halo aren't as rare as The Ebbtide is making it out to be.

I'm now having second thoughts about getting all of the Alien Breed games. The constant corpse and cabinet searching for supplies and ammo is a real grind. Maybe I'll just switch it to easy and blow through the baddies.

[quote name='seppuku']I'm now having second thoughts about getting all of the Alien Breed games. The constant corpse and cabinet searching for supplies and ammo is a real grind. Maybe I'll just switch it to easy and blow through the baddies.[/QUOTE]
i'm still debating as well. How are you enjoying it otherwise? I know what I'd be getting with repetitive gameplay, same enemies, etc, but how is the atmosphere? I think I could manage some fun out of it

[quote name='harry hood']i'm still debating as well. How are you enjoying it otherwise? I know what I'd be getting with repetitive gameplay, same enemies, etc, but how is the atmosphere? I think I could manage some fun out of it[/QUOTE]

im debating too as i rather enjoyed the first one. of course keep in mind i don't play a ton of games in that genre so im not really comparing it to much else.

[quote name='harry hood']i'm still debating as well. How are you enjoying it otherwise? I know what I'd be getting with repetitive gameplay, same enemies, etc, but how is the atmosphere? I think I could manage some fun out of it[/QUOTE]

I'm about 30-40 minutes in, and the repetition is pretty rampant. So far the only formula has been go to point A -> stop -> go to point B to unlock something at point A -> continue past point A -> survive enemy waves at point C -> rinse -> repeat.

I do enjoy the Aliens the movie-esque atmosphere though, the graphics are pretty good, and mowing down droves of giant crunchy insect-like ETs is pretty satisfying. Chapters are divided by voiced-over comic book-style cut scenes that are on par with what I'd expect from an XBLA game.

I'll play a little more tonight and make my final decision.

Got a chance to play the Atari and some of the D3 demos. They were pretty much all awful, I thought I would enjoy Warlords but I didn't. I did appreciate that hard mode in Matt Hazard BBB is called "fuck this Shit".

I still have to play the Yar's Revenge demo, I remember kind of liking it when I tried it the first time it went on sale.

EDIT: Passing on Yars too, I can't seem to get the control scheme down. I ended up buying the Undergarden DLC for $1 and that's it for me this week. Hopefully some good deals tomorrow. Wouldn't mind seeing Pid or Black Knight Sword pop up.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Any thoughts on earthworm jim?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much a lazy paint job of the original. Very small differences here and there such as no "hallelujah" sound effect when you get an extra life. Has a great avatar award of an EWJ suit though.

Edit: I can't hang with the Yars control scheme either. This style works better in Sin and punishment for wii.

Everybody who's trying to make a final decision on the Alien Breed games, relax. You don't have to decide tonight. Team17 confirmed on their Twitter page that these are permanent price drops.

[quote name='Zonic505']Know what else is outside? WARS. When's the last time you ever heard of a war happening inside? NEVER!

Also, Major Nelson confirmed he'll have a blog up of upcoming games, sales & all that tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

[youtube]IGywOP6uCCs[/youtube]

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I don't think it's just free time, a lot of people with high gamerscores play lame and easy games intentionally, or just race through games. These aren't real gamers though.[/QUOTE]

People play games for a variety of reasons: relaxation, challenge, socialization, completion... There is no Game Police to decide who's a gamer and who isn't. As long as people aren't cheating or griefing, we have no reason to belittle how and why they play games.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I always wanted a stalker that was an amazing cook.

Imagine, someone around all the time always giving you things like lasagna and fresh baked cookies.[/QUOTE]

Dang, that sounds perfect... As long as she doesn't cook your pet bunny. :lol:

[quote name='B-Man']Everybody who's trying to make a final decision on the Alien Breed games, relax. You don't have to decide tonight. Team17 confirmed on their Twitter page that these are permanent price drops.[/QUOTE]

Damnit. I bought all the Alien Breed games which I was only lukewarm about since I figured the chances of another sale were rare. Oh well. So we can pretty much confirm all the non-Atari discounts (aside from Amy) are price drops? That's a good sign for the XBLM.

Also, I'm not sure I've ever bought an avatar item on sale before until now, just couldn't resist that jumpsuit you all were talking about since I had an extra 80 MSP in the account.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']On a side note, legit perfections on Halo aren't as rare as The Ebbtide is making it out to be.[/QUOTE]
You're right. I looked on True Achievements (that oxymoronic site), just to see. After going through almost 20 random pages, I finally found one other gamer who seemed to have it legitimately. So I'm wrong. The sad part: the guy had a low achievement score. All the others I checked had really high ones. The guy who seemed to earn it clearly just played his games. The others, just for the number.

I'm not confused by people who 100% a game, it's people that boost and/or play poor games, just to get a high gamerscore or trophy count. There's a new policy being considered over at True Achievements over how to treat people who have cheated in games, from hacking to game saving exploits. It's amazing to see some of the posts where people admit to doing it, but are trying to defend it.

Are people that insecure about a worthless digital number that in no way affects your life that they'd be willing to cheat for it? They're like the Lance Armstrong's of gaming, though he at least received fame and fortune from his cheating in a physical activity. But, when they're caught, they both blame everyone else, using lame excuses to justify it.

If you can't earn it, accept it and play another game. Or get better. Where's the accomplishment in boosting or cheating?

[quote name='The Ebbtide']You're right. I looked on True Achievements (that oxymoronic site), just to see. After going through almost 20 random pages, I finally found one other gamer who seemed to have it legitimately. So I'm wrong. The sad part: the guy had a low achievement score. All the others I checked had really high ones. The guy who seemed to earn it clearly just played his games. The others, just for the number.

I'm not confused by people who 100% a game, it's people that boost and/or play poor games, just to get a high gamerscore or trophy count. There's a new policy being considered over at True Achievements over how to treat people who have cheated in games, from hacking to game saving exploits. It's amazing to see some of the posts where people admit to doing it, but are trying to defend it.

Are people that insecure about a worthless digital number that in no way affects your life that they'd be willing to cheat for it? They're like the Lance Armstrong's of gaming, though he at least received fame and fortune from his cheating in a physical activity. But, when they're caught, they both blame everyone else, using lame excuses to justify it.

If you can't earn it, accept it and play another game. Or get better. Where's the accomplishment in boosting or cheating?[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Halo is the worst example of a game not to boost. Achievements in Halo 4 aren't too bad, but Reach and 3 were abysmal. Reach needs you to be the last man standing on a Defiant Map Pack map on Zombies. I can't tell you how many days I played in a row just to even get a Defiant map.
Cheating: It's dumb.
Boosting: Whatever. If people want them and do the task, fine. No skin off my back.

[quote name='B-Man']Everybody who's trying to make a final decision on the Alien Breed games, relax. You don't have to decide tonight. Team17 confirmed on their Twitter page that these are permanent price drops.[/QUOTE]

good to know i do admit i am curious to try Amy. yea i hear its bad but it sounds interesting enough.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']You're right. I looked on True Achievements (that oxymoronic site), just to see. After going through almost 20 random pages, I finally found one other gamer who seemed to have it legitimately. So I'm wrong. The sad part: the guy had a low achievement score. All the others I checked had really high ones. The guy who seemed to earn it clearly just played his games. The others, just for the number.

If you can't earn it, accept it and play another game. Or get better. Where's the accomplishment in boosting or cheating?[/QUOTE]

well i think most people that boost to do it are probably trying to 100% the game. and unless all achievements are gotten they have not 100%'d the game. and sometimes all that is left is some insane online ones so its boost or bust.

There is also some games that have NOT ONE person online but the game has online achievements. So there is no legitimate means to obtain it other than boost with others who need it as well. Examples of games with no online community but plenty of online achievements: Legendary, Rogue Warrior, Call of Juarez, Timeshift, Condemned, Fracture, etc. I know you dont HAVE to get them. But most games I play for the single player, then I boost the rest if there is no community. I would not mind if developers made single player achievements only, even if they were really hard. I would still prefer that than any online achievements.

Why are you guys arguing over achievements? Sorry, I'm new here :) Anyway, was just wondering when this thread would be updated. I was hoping it would have info on the next set of sales.

My 2 cents regarding achievements: Boosting is fine! Who cares? It hurts no one. I can see where the guy who is against is coming from, though. I really enjoyed Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, and I wanted to show that by getting all of its achievements, but there was one ridiculous weapon mastery achievements that entailed getting dozens of multikills with some the games crappiest weapons -- and I just was not willing to invest the time in that. However, I wouldn't fault anyone who decided to boost for that or anything like it. They're only 'wasting' their own time. If they're happy to do that, I don't see why I or anyone else should give a s***.

I didn't read too far back, so I'm not too sure about the 'cheating' some of you are referring to, though. Save file manipulation/hacking or whatever is a no-no imo.

[quote name='Blade3D']I bought Arcadecraft, it was fun. However, it is way too easy, I left arcade cabinets default and had no problem progressing until the end.[/QUOTE]

can you give some advice on Arcadecraft?

first time through, I miserably failed to pay off the loan.
the second time around, I made it and paid off the loan but it was all downhill after that because the rent was jacked up and my machines were old and not making money because I had to be miserly in order to pay off the loan.

Unrelated to current conversation, but...

Season 3, Episode 9 of The Walking Dead is currently free

Someone posted it in the free thread. I don't get AMC, so I'm pretty excited to see it! :)

[quote name='Timediver']Why are you guys arguing over achievements? Sorry, I'm new here :) Anyway, was just wondering when this thread would be updated. I was hoping it would have info on the next set of sales.[/QUOTE]

New sales generally hit around 3am Eastern, and the Dashboard and xbox.com reflect (at least some of) those changes shortly afterward. XBLDB.com, a site that crawls xbox.com for price changes, usually picks up the new sales shorlty after xbox.com is updated and someone posts in the thread. Major Nelson generally posts 2 weeks worth of sales on his blog around 9am Eastern every other Tuesday.

[quote name='bloomy']new sales generally hit around 3am eastern, and the dashboard and xbox.com reflect (at least some of) those changes shortly afterward. Xbldb.com, a site that crawls xbox.com for price changes, usually picks up the new sales shorlty after xbox.com is updated and someone posts in the thread. Major nelson generally posts 2 weeks worth of sales on his blog around 9am eastern every other tuesday.[/quote]

tyvm!

[quote name='Blade']Unrelated to current conversation, but...

Season 3, Episode 9 of The Walking Dead is currently free

Someone posted it in the free thread. I don't get AMC, so I'm pretty excited to see it! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was only able to watch about half the episode before i had to leave last night.

Another eventful week of pricing activity passes, and I only purchased the DLC to Puzzle Quest due to a price dropping. I finally gave up after 2 years and 5 months since I got the base game (old DotW in 2009), waiting on a discount. This price dropping is enough for me to move the game from being "done" back into my backlog, and now proudly back to "done" again (but I may explore the new character classes added with the DLC when I revisit the game). The DLC got me addicted to the game once again, so my purchase has made me happy.

Sure the competing platform got a Namco-Bandai sale, which I have desired content like Ridge Racer 6 DLC, the Enslaved DLC, Soul Calibur 4-5 DLC, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon DLC, and XBLA Galaga Legions DX. I remember about 1 year ago, I bit the bullet and bought XBLA Soul Calibur at full price so everyone here could get a discount on it, so that's overdue. Namco-Bandai still has games like Splatterhouse, Tales series, Dark Souls, the NUNS games, and Armored Core V on the 360, some yet to show on Games on Demand, but content would be well appreciated at lowered prices here as well. At least we got the next best thing: D3 Publisher price drops, Atari going into bankruptcy discounts, and Team 17 price drops.

Major Nelson hasn't revealed this coming week's deals yet, so I am still free to make my awful prediction for bargains. It has been a while since we had a Deal of the Week that was really insulting to the idea of a discount, and I mean REALLY insulting (similar to a couple weeks ago on the Sales & Specials + app with the individual cars for Forza 4). Therefore, my premonition states we will get a Deal of the Week for Gears of War 3 with Raam's Shadow down 33% to 800MSP and Forces of Nature down 50% to 400MSP, but not the other two DLC nor the season pass. That sounds crappy enough to sling produce at the Xbox Live team ^^.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']i never win!!!!! Never, never ever. Nunca, jamais, niemals, aldrig![/QUOTE]

Yep, this week I was 0 for 6 (missed a day), so that brings my total for winning the scratch and match to 0 of all the shaq-fu-ing times I tried ^^. Well, I hope to know this coming week's prize soon to see if it is worth the tries, because I am sure when the one time I do win, it will probably be something I already have like the House Party grill prop.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']First of all, thanks for the heads up on Virtual-On. Love the franchise and I guess I'll have to drop some Bing Reward creds to pick it up through my japanese account.

Secondly, Gamestop has Earth Defense Force 2017 used for $14.99 available to ship from the website if there are none in your area. You're like me and you prefer to buy new, but given its obscurity this may be the only reasonably priced alternative.[/QUOTE]

I love the Virtual On games (only played the first two) as well, but best to wait past this Wednesday's supposed release date according to the XBLA Release Schedule. Who knows, maybe it will show up on the US marketplace, because I don't think I've seen an XBLA game locked out of other regions before.

As for Gamestop, I try my best to avoid purchases there. I will continue to search for a nice inexpensive new disc, and maybe eventually I'll bite the bullet and purchase at its going rate when I do get around past my backlog (so way into the future when I am hopefully filthy rich).

[quote name='Thrinn']Where's Strider, Capcom? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Every time I see Strider, I see a copyright also going to Moto Kikaku. Maybe that group just hates me and refuses to give me awesome Strider action.

[quote name='tylerh1701']LOL wut? ;)[/QUOTE]

In the new tylerh regime of this thread, nothing gets by. ^^

[quote name='Cornelius']With a comment like that, you're obviously not an old geezer on Xbox Live, because many of us can still remember the Xbox Live Gold member "Deal of the Week" consisting of only 4-5 avatar items. I'm sure it's somewhere in the archives here at CAG if you want to see how bad we used to have it. :D[/QUOTE]

I remember a week where it was just 1 Gears avatar part, and another week where it was just a Halo theme. Suffice to say, I felt those were a waste of my Gold subscription, and those weeks didn't count for the discounts essentially making my Gold membership pay for itself. Granted it could be worse, I remember in Japan the Deal of the Week sometimes was just repeated for a whole month, there was a month of The Maw and I think the first Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers. I'm pretty happy with the amount of content getting discounts of late.

[quote name='Gabrius']Do you miss Panzer Dragoon so much that you're willing to play something horribly mediocre in its stead?

If so, you need to buy this game ;)[/QUOTE]

You have no idea how much I miss Panzer Dragoon. Even have the US release of Panzer Dragoon Saga, which aside from the part on hovercraft (likely bad on purpose to make me miss having a dragon), was brilliant and wonderfully short. I've mentioned before I pop in the backwards compatible Panzer Dragoon Orta into my 360 every now and then. You tempt me with Yar's Revenge. I missed out when the demo to Crimson Dragon was up on the marketplace, I don't have a Kinect, did the demo allow for usage of a standard controller like Child of Eden?

[quote name='Junpei']+ Shining Force III Collection HD.

Hey, a man can dream! :cry:[/QUOTE]

No! At least Shining Force gets some non-SRPG arcade game. Shenmue and Panzer Dragoon got some (original) Xbox release. I have not seen anything on Dragon Force for much longer (last I know is 2 on the Saturn), and that is more of a dream for Sega to crush instead.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']The gamer in me is excited at some of the games in that line-up, good stuff! The cheap-ass in me says HELL NO.[/QUOTE]

Frosted Mini Wheats has made you a strong CAG ^^.

[quote name='MSUHitman']An improved version of the delisted Yugioh game is coming to XBLA/PSN next week for $10. If you bought the last one, then you get this one free.

http://konami.com/article/KONAMI_ANNOUNCES_YU-GI-OH!_5D'S_DECADE_DUELS_PLUS_FOR/283[/QUOTE]

You kids and your Yu-Gi-Oh. Back in my day, I remember in games of Yu-Gi-Oh, the player that did not get his/her hand stabbed was the winner. I clearly remember a game the main character won by stabbing someone in the arm. There were a lot more guns, knives, and tasers involved then, how did the game change so much? I'm guessing it was too barbaric for kids to get into knife fights to be marketable. =/

[quote name='eastx']People play games for a variety of reasons: relaxation, challenge, socialization, completion... There is no Game Police to decide who's a gamer and who isn't. As long as people aren't cheating or griefing, we have no reason to belittle how and why they play games.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much my sentiments. However, I've not mentioned my reason, which I think will make everyone else think "that's a horrible reason to play games." I'll save the elaboration for maybe my next post, on a less active day because my post as usual has gone on too long -_-.

I'll see you on the other side, watching the deals drop. I hope this Wednesday has Cyber Troopers Virtual On available for the US XBLA, opposed to just a Japan only release as reported. The announcement of more Pinball FX 2 tables reminds me that it has been a while since the last set of of tables went on discount, but I've still much to play on that before I need a new tables (I'm currently working on the X-men table, I swear I need more Nightcrawler kickback). My virtual wallet has been stretched thin lately, so I hope the discounts apply to you but not to me this coming week.

This thread sure has been moving with a lot of drama and discussion, imagine the length of my post had I made any statements. I will withhold my comments for the sake of brevity at this time and I did want the drama to die down a bit. Later if I do decide to make any statement on it, I'll keep my comments behind a spoiler tag. Don't worry ooga, I respect your aversion to reading my wall of text posts, so I'll let you in on a little secret: My posts add nothing to this thread ^^.

[quote name='eastx']
People play games for a variety of reasons: relaxation, challenge, socialization, completion... There is no Game Police to decide who's a gamer and who isn't. As long as people aren't cheating or griefing, we have no reason to belittle how and why they play games.[/quote]

Exactly. Let people play games for whatever reasons they want. Don't judge them if they have more time or money or drive to play or don't play often. It reminds me of when people judge others who only play casual games or only play shooters or 2-3 games. A gamer is a gamer whether they play Halo or Final Fantasy or Farmville or Cooking Mama or any combination of games. I'm a hardcore gamer but I don't discredit or look down on people who play less or play casual. I think the same should be true about a person's gamerscore. Personally, I like achievements because it documents what I do and I get rewarded for doing stuff I normally would do anyways. I also see it as getting that extra value for fully completing a game as best I can.

Thanks for whoever confirmed the Alien Breed games were permanent drops. I'm holding off. I did buy The Undergarden + DLC since it was cheap and I enjoyed it on PSN. I'm still debating on Zeno Clash but will hold off since I think I have it on Steam and the sequel will probably cost $10-15 on XBLA so I'll make an exception in this case for Steam.

Sweet! Nice catch! Guess I'll stick with Alien Breed 1 for now and splurge on the other two if/when the fancy strikes me.

[quote name='dirtyvu']can you give some advice on Arcadecraft?

the second time around, I made it and paid off the loan but it was all downhill after that because the rent was jacked up and my machines were old and not making money because I had to be miserly in order to pay off the loan.[/QUOTE]

I just bought machines as they became available. When a game got between 1-2 stars I'd turn the difficulty to easy.

[quote name='dirtyvu']can you give some advice on Arcadecraft?

the second time around, I made it and paid off the loan but it was all downhill after that because the rent was jacked up and my machines were old and not making money because I had to be miserly in order to pay off the loan.[/QUOTE]

The guy at the top of the leaderboards put together a guide with a bunch of helpful tips on Xbox.com

Arcadecraft Help Guide

The game ends at December 1986 - I finished with something like $388,000 during my second playthrough last weekend.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the Yugioh game would be up at some point this week, but I could be wrong.
I wonder what price points they are going to have for Yugioh cards in the marketplace.

[quote name='bardockkun']Zombie themed sale with...*gasps* no Red Dead: Undead Nightmare?![/QUOTE]

Still can't see anything on official sites nor Spylon's, but I guess that rules out ME DLCs sale... well, technically husks could be considered zombies and
Shepard was brought back to life in Mass Effect 2
but yeah, I'm stretching things a bit too much... :cry:

[quote name='Junpei']Still can't see anything on official sites nor Spylon's, but I guess that rules out ME DLCs sale... well, technically husks could be considered zombies and
Shepard was brought back to life in Mass Effect 2
but yeah, I'm stretching things a bit too much... :cry:[/QUOTE]
It's on the dashboard under the sales & specials tab.

Brock F'N Sampson;10474673 said:
As far as the Onechanbara DLC goes, if I wanted to get everything should I just buy the full pack data for $10? Would it include the other 2 DLC that are on sale now?

Yep. The Full Data Pack includes every single piece of DLC for the game. So get it if you haven't yet.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's on the dashboard under the sales & specials tab.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I wasn't asking for help but just pointing out that the home page wasn't yet updated, as it is the only one I can check while at work... I badly worded my phrase :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back