XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='adiras']The S & S app game deals right now are better than the weekly deals have been! I never thought N+ was going to be on sale, in fact I'd pretty much forgotten about it. So I happily picked that up and Spelunky. I really liked the demo for Spelunky and was just waiting for a sale to grab it. All those Bing points I had sitting in my account got some really good use yesterday.[/QUOTE]

N+ is great. Had a lot of fun playing it with three other people locally. That's where it really shines.

There are patterns when it comes to Spelunky to make it easier. For starters, the exit is always at the bottom of the stage (except the UFO level) so I look for the best opportunity to use bombs to get to the lower levels and jump down (bombs also trigger those traps that shoot arrows;same with those skull heads) .

Don't try to kill every enemy (especially in the [very easy] ice levels and [very hard] temple levels) and don't try to save the girl every time; sometimes the bitch is a trap.

I have a [potentially dumb] question: When your XBox Live Gold subscription ends, is it best to renew right away or wait until there's a game on sale you want and do it then?

[quote name='Cage017']
I have a [potentially dumb] question: When your XBox Live Gold subscription ends, is it best to renew right away or wait until there's a game on sale you want and do it then?[/QUOTE]

if you're getting gold only for the sales then wait. If you play multiplayer don't wait.

[quote name='Cage017']I have a [potentially dumb] question: When your XBox Live Gold subscription ends, is it best to renew right away or wait until there's a game on sale you want and do it then?[/QUOTE]

There's no harm in letting it lapse. But you may want to be vigilant about deals on Xbox Live Gold, year subscriptions can go as low as $35. And then when you get the subscription code, you can wait to apply it when you want.

So, are we fairly certain Dragonborn won't be on sale this week? I may go ahead and jump on Spelunky for the kids, if we won't be seeing a Dragonborn sale. I had read somewhere that it was going to be discounted for Europe, though maybe that's changed since I saw it.

-B

[quote name='Stephan123']I thought dragonbrn would be discounted worldwide next week.[/QUOTE]

What I read said it would vary by region, but that Europe would definitely be getting it discounted. Again, that could have changed.

I'm really low on points, and with the last points I have, I was thinking of getting my kids Spelunky, but I'd maybe have to pass on it if Dragonborn was going to be discounted. I was just looking for info either way because I know it had been removed from Major Nelson's blog post.

-B

[quote name='Abbadon74']I may go ahead and jump on Spelunky for the kids[/QUOTE]

Why do you hate your children so much?

[quote name='Abbadon74']So, are we fairly certain Dragonborn won't be on sale this week? I may go ahead and jump on Spelunky for the kids, if we won't be seeing a Dragonborn sale. I had read somewhere that it was going to be discounted for Europe, though maybe that's changed since I saw it.

-B[/QUOTE]

Don't know for sure, but the fact that Major Nelson would go back and remove it from the list of sales suggest that it more than likely won't be.

EDIT: Major Nelson even mentioned the edit he made in the comments:

Indeed it has. That is why I added "Edited: List corrected on 2/12/12" Apparently the Skyrim add-ons were mistakenly included on the list I was given. Sorry about that.

It's going to make for an absoultely awful DotW, with Oblivion content only, and I guess Skyrim GoD as well. 2nd time this has happened in 4 weeks, it's actually kinda sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Dragonborn isn't discounted, then yes it will be terrible. Skyrim sells for pennies practically, so why take up more space in storage with GoD? And Oblivion, it's only great for those who missed out...which begs me to ask, why would you miss out on that game?!?!

[quote name='Shifty Effect']If Dragonborn isn't discounted, then yes it will be terrible. Skyrim sells for pennies practically, so why take up more space in storage with GoD? And Oblivion, it's only great for those who missed out...which begs me to ask, why would you miss out on that game?!?![/QUOTE]

Skyrim is only a 4GB download so if the price is right, it may not be bad to get that version. The download codes stay pretty steady at $30 on EBay/Amazon.

[quote name='bardockkun']7.76gb[/QUOTE]

Thanks, too large for my tastes.

[quote name='ooga']Why do you hate your children so much?[/QUOTE]

HA!

Truthfully, they wouldn't care if they never got off the first level (and probably won't). They just liked to mess around with the demo.

-B

[quote name='tylerh1701']Don't know for sure, but the fact that Major Nelson would go back and remove it from the list of sales suggest that it more than likely won't be.

EDIT: Major Nelson even mentioned the edit he made in the comments:

It's going to make for an absoultely awful DotW, with Oblivion content only, and I guess Skyrim GoD as well. 2nd time this has happened in 4 weeks, it's actually kinda sad.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate it, Tyler. Thanks for the clarification.

-B

[quote name='Shifty Effect']If Dragonborn isn't discounted, then yes it will be terrible. Skyrim sells for pennies practically, so why take up more space in storage with GoD? And Oblivion, it's only great for those who missed out...which begs me to ask, why would you miss out on that game?!?![/QUOTE]

Where is SKyrim available for pennies?

[quote name='tylerh1701']EDIT: Major Nelson even mentioned the edit he made in the comments:

Indeed it has. That is why I added "Edited: List corrected on 2/12/12" Apparently the Skyrim add-ons were mistakenly included on the list I was given. Sorry about that.
[/QUOTE]

He's such a cocksucker. Hey, how 'bout you include the relevant info in the body of your post so people don't have to go digging through your shitty comments section to find out more about the mistake that you (or "your people") initially made. There was some other snotty little reply he sent to someone about it on Twitter, too. I can't find it now so he must have deleted it or something.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone know the file size of NBA 2K13?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bardockkun']7.76gb[/QUOTE]

I'd just like to take this opportunity to once again pimp the Wikipedia page I'm a primary editor of:

List of Xbox 360 Games on Demand

File sizes are listed, as well as prices, release dates, and other pertinent info. I do my best to keep it updated and accurate.

Also, please go buy Avatar Football for Xbox Live Indie Games!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Skyrim is only a 4GB download so if the price is right, it may not be bad to get that version. The download codes stay pretty steady at $30 on EBay/Amazon. [/QUOTE]

Seen one sell for $1.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Where is SKyrim available for pennies?[/QUOTE]

Okay not for pennies, but for around $10-20 on ebay, yep. Oh, and it's an actual physical copy of the game.

What are you guys expecting it to be discounted to?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']The Japanese Model 2 Virtual On Cyber Troopers release can be downloaded with a Japanese account on a US Xbox and played with a US gamertag. Confirmed!

EDIT: That might be the fastest 100% I've ever had. Two playthroughs (total of 13 minutes of gameplay) netted all the achievements. Super disappointing. Guess I'll have to pop in Virtual On Force to get more of a fix since I haven't really gotten into it yet and I was looking to kill time till my Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition comes in the mail on the 21st.[/QUOTE]

Arcade ports have a weird tendency to keep their cheevos low hanging. After Burner Climax was an easy grind-free 200/200. Only really took three or four plays.

Of course, almost nobody will get all the medals to unlock the avatar award shirt.

[quote name='MWB']He's such a cocksucker. Hey, how 'bout you include the relevant info in the body of your post so people don't have to go digging through your shitty comments section to find out more about the mistake that you (or "your people") initially made. There was some other snotty little reply he sent to someone about it on Twitter, too. I can't find it now so he must have deleted it or something.[/QUOTE]

Bitter much?

I'm thankful for the lousy Elder Scrolls week coming up, after having my gaming budget bombed by price-matching BB sales at Target yesterday. Crazy deals.

[quote name='polo14player']Limbo worth $6.00?[/QUOTE]

it has many 9/10 scores

surely a game so critically acclaimed has to be worth a shot at a measly 6 bucks, no?

I think so, definitely. It's one of the few XBLA games I've actually finished, and the puzzles are thoughtful and rarely go beyond the point of becoming frustrating. I had a great time playing it.

Depends on what kind of gamer you are. Limbo is a single playthrough for the experience of playing it type of game. Where as something like Spelunky or N+ is more play it to master it and get better, get better high score type of games.

For me, I hate the artsy experience them once type that reviewers love and prefer the old style. So I wouldn't pay $1 for Limbo. But it certainly has it's fans.

[quote name='MWB']He's such a cocksucker. Hey, how 'bout you include the relevant info in the body of your post so people don't have to go digging through your shitty comments section to find out more about the mistake that you (or "your people") initially made. There was some other snotty little reply he sent to someone about it on Twitter, too. I can't find it now so he must have deleted it or something.

[/QUOTE]
Oh my fuck Christ

It's not on the list anymore so that means it's gone, what the fuck do you mean "go digging around"? If it's not on the fuck list it's not on sale.

Well, it's a very short game. Beat it in a few hours. It's an atmosphereic art piece visually. The puzzles are good, not gamepad throwing hard but they may give you pause. There is no dialogue, no real story to speak of but has a great ability in pushing you forward.

Literally the only thing that bothered me is that it was too short, but alas it was sweet.

The shortness of Limbo is greatly appreciated if you're going for the Achievement where you have to beat it within a few lives.

I had a seriously memorable all-nighter one night around when this came out, before I had to work the next day, where I got that Achievement. Got to like the very end when then I lose my last life, and have to either go to bed at like 4am or get that achievement on my 2nd playthrough. I chose to do the 2nd playthrough, got to that end part, beat it under a few lives. Achievement unlocked, It felt amazing, it was for some reason a very memorable gaming session to me.

Then I got 3 hours of sleep and went to work. :)

There's an arcade pack that occasionally goes on sale for around $9-$10 on Newegg and Amazon a lot. It has Limbo, Trials, and Explosion Man I believe.

All good games, but maybe that'd be a better deal if you didn't have any already.

I played Limbo after purchasing it for the $2.49 on Steam. As someone who doesn't enjoy platformers very much, I greatly enjoyed it. I would pick up the 3-Pack with Trials HD, Splosion Man, and Limbo. Definitely worth the $10 for all three.

Definitely. Like some have said, there's not a lot of replay value (which, to be fair, is true of many XBLA games) but it's a great puzzle-platformer. As some have mentioned, the Trials/Limbo/Splosion Man 3 pack is a better deal since Splosion Man is also awesome.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Definitely. Like some have said, there's not a lot of replay value (which, to be fair, is true of many XBLA games) but it's a great puzzle-platformer. As some have mentioned, the Trials/Limbo/Splosion Man 3 pack is a better deal since Splosion Man is also awesome.[/QUOTE]

I believe the 3 pack also comes with 120 in MS points which makes it a pretty great deal.

So I put in my third attempt at Spelunky to try to enjoy it. I kind of did but my issue is...why buy the game when I can't complete the demo anyway... :)

[quote name='irafreak']So I put in my third attempt at Spelunky to try to enjoy it. I kind of did but my issue is...why buy the game when I can't complete the demo anyway... :)[/QUOTE]

The game is extremely hard. It took me 601 attempts to beat the game for the first time (with shortcuts).

I think it is, only my opinion of course but I found it quite enjoyable. I actually like that it was shorter, I might have tired of it if it had been longer. As it is though, the length was just right for me.

the "does it have replay value" question is always funny around here considering most can't even find the time to play games in the back log for the first time, so do you really replay the games you already played?

So are the games posted under: Unannounced Price Drops for February permanent price drops or should I rush to grab them? These are the ones i'm mainly interested in:

XBLA - Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
XBLA - Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond
XBLA - Rocket Bowl
DLC - Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - Revenge of the Plague Lord

Thanks for any help!!

[quote name='cthomer5000']The game is extremely hard. It took me 601 attempts to beat the game for the first time (with shortcuts).[/QUOTE]

I'm at around 400 deaths and I'm still working on unlocking the last shortcut. Getting a key to the Temple seems near impossible. Game has grown on me considerably though.

[quote name='toaks']So are the games posted under: Unannounced Price Drops for February permanent price drops or should I rush to grab them? These are the ones i'm mainly interested in:

XBLA - Rocket Bowl

Thanks for any help!![/QUOTE]

I was wondering this as well. Just a heads up, but you might want to make sure you play the Puzzle Quest Galactrix demo (if you haven't already) before you buy it. I was assuming it'll be just like the first 1 just in a sci-fi setting, but it wasn't even close.

[quote name='Barry Burton']the "does it have replay value" question is always funny around here considering most can't even find the time to play games in the back log for the first time, so do you really replay the games you already played?[/QUOTE]

yes i replay everything i keep :)

[quote name='cthomer5000']The game is extremely hard. It took me 601 attempts to beat the game for the first time (with shortcuts).[/QUOTE]
Took me a hair over 200 tries for my first escape. The game is 10000000000 easier if you just play from the first level buying items like the climbing gloves, spike shoes and a ton of bombs+glue make the game much easier. There are lots of secrets(items/levels) to be found and some of those help too.

[quote name='CDiablo']Took me a hair over 200 tries for my first escape. The game is 10000000000 easier if you just play from the first level buying items like the climbing gloves, spike shoes and a ton of bombs+glue make the game much easier. There are lots of secrets(items/levels) to be found and some of those help too.[/QUOTE]
For me the game is growing on me because it's always different. I don't have to face that same spot that killed me. I can always hope for a better layout. Hell last night I played again and unlocked a new character that ran around with me helping in the first stage. So there is enough random things to accomplish and find that are making me consider the game now.

Not gonna be that guy and ask about "what the new deals are" since we already know from MN's blog that the DotW is a snoozer this week, but I was curious if anyone knew when the S&S app refreshes? Is it a monday morning thing or does it go on Tuesdays with the DotW? So far, I've gotten more deals from that app than I have the dotw's this year. =/

[quote name='toaks']So are the games posted under: Unannounced Price Drops for February permanent price drops or should I rush to grab them? These are the ones i'm mainly interested in:

XBLA - Rocket Bowl

Thanks for any help!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vap']I was wondering this as well. Just a heads up, but you might want to make sure you play the Puzzle Quest Galactrix demo (if you haven't already) before you buy it. I was assuming it'll be just like the first 1 just in a sci-fi setting, but it wasn't even close.[/QUOTE]

They're all probably price drops. Galactrix had a permanent price drop on PSN as well, and they are all published by the same company, so more than likely they're all price drops.

On the fence with N+. I won't play any time soon, and probably not before it goes on sale again outside the funky jurisdiction of the Sales and Special app, but that price is really tempting....

Also, one last call for feedback on Zombie Apocalypse online play: has anyone given it a shot?

I want to share my opinions as well.
Limbo's controls were weird to me. Things felt floaty and sluggish to me. It was never a problem though and I was able to adapt.
Where Limbo really shined for me was in the story. The title screen and first part of the game gives off a definite David Lynch feel and it doesn't dissappoint in the end. Very similar themes as his most recent films. Like a macabre version of Ambrose Bierce's “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.”
For this reason, I say Limbo would almost be worth the price just to watch someone play through. Actually, I just remembered I had a friend who doesn't play games watch a video of a perfect playthrough for the story alone. If you're interested in the above themes, Limbo is worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back