XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, wish I had points for MVC Origins I've wanted that game for awhile. But alas, picked up JoJos during hte last sale so my loss.

Wonder if Halo ODST Games on Demand cames with Halo 3 MP?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wonder if Halo ODST Games on Demand cames with Halo 3 MP?[/QUOTE]

That question was answered earlier, the answer is apparently no.

Also, since I'm posting already... lol @ the fellow above "looking for a Wii!" with a Wii friend code of "WTF is a WII?!"

Should be in for Hell Yeah, I Am Alive, and Tomb Raider. May get RAW and Dungeon Defenders. Maybe even Counter Strike and Warhammer.

Surprised no one is talking about Hell Yeah...looks sick. I downloaded the trial already, figuring I would buy it when it goes on sale.

I think Marvel vs. Capcom is an arcade port, right? Not a Dreamcast port? Because the DC version has co-op and I want to rebuy the game if this one has it as well.

[quote name='Bloomy']Probably Lara Croft GOL.[/QUOTE]

I know. ;) I am actually more shocked that someone would buy it this week. It seems like it's been on sale every other week for the past year.

[quote name='freshzen']Surprised no one is talking about Hell Yeah...looks sick. I downloaded the trial already, figuring I would buy it when it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]
I bought Hell Yeah! on release since I had some spare points at the time. The game is really funny, and the gameplay is fun. It does get a little stale near the end, but the game keeps the humor going. Also, if you've ever played the Sam & Max games, the rabbit you play as might remind you of Max. It did for me, at least, to the point where I still refer to him as Max.

[quote name='ooga']I know. ;) I am actually more shocked that someone would buy it this week. It seems like it's been on sale every other week for the past year.[/QUOTE]

I got it from the Japan promo. Still haven't started it:drool:

def looking at getting

Battlefield: 1943
CS:GO
Real Steel (if I like the trial atleast)
PoP Classic
Lara Croft GOL
both Bionic Commandos
Dungeon Defenders (if I like the trial)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Looks to be a barren two weeks, so I'll have to find things to buy on my own.[/QUOTE]

Same here. My last 5000 msp have all been regular price sales. Was debating on getting the citadel DLC for Mass Effect. Since it will probably be a year till it goes on sale.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']That question was answered earlier, the answer is apparently no.

Also, since I'm posting already... lol @ the fellow above "looking for a Wii!" with a Wii friend code of "WTF is a WII?!"[/QUOTE]

Halo 3: ODST Campaign Edition. At least It's labeled right.

But at this point? Yeah, way too late. Used is 8ish on Amazon shipped. Actually shocked it's $15 at Gamestop, but that comes with the Halo 3 MP disc so a better value.

As usual, MS outpricing itself with Games on Demand. I'm sure a lot more people would pick it up at $5

[quote name='freshzen']Surprised no one is talking about Hell Yeah...looks sick. I downloaded the trial already, figuring I would buy it when it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

It's a good game, it's just been on sale before so lots of people probably already bought it. I'll echo everything that has been said about it, it's a fun game that gets a little bit stale but it's still worth 480 MSP.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Major Nelson corrected his blog. Motocross Madness will be 800 points, not 1200[/QUOTE]

Cool, that makes more sense. I'll update my list in the 2nd post.

Looks like I won't bother with CS: GO...400+ hours to achieve the full 400 gamer score. Yikes!

May hold off on Tomb Raider for 75-80% off.

Hmm maybe I will go for Babel Rising this time 80 points cheaper as the last time it was on sale...

Also it can be played with a controller. (maybe this should be mentioned in the OP don't buy Kinect Games at all)

Hmm... guess this week I'll buy MvC Origins, and for next one, I'll wait till the next wave of Dotw to know what will be on sale and if nothing catch my eye get Black Knight Sword in the last minute between sale changes (if I arrive late and it has already go to normal price I wouldn't care anyways, it's just to reach the 32000msp).

I would pick up BC rearmed instead, but it doesn't reach the 400msp!! :(

PD: this month they go with a fine pace, let's see if the following weeks they will still put arcade games on sale. It's good to see them like that after so much GonD.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Major Nelson corrected his blog. Motocross Madness will be 800 points, not 1200[/QUOTE]

Got mine free, so it doesn't matter now. :)

[quote name='mikeja72']How did you get yours free?[/QUOTE]

A Microsoft rep gave it to me. I am not at liberty to discuss the specifics. ;)

Finally, I Am Alive, that's been my one arcade hold-out. Glad I didn't bite on that 800 points sale last time. That's a great price.

I'm unimpressed. I picked up Quarrel for 200pts last week because yeah, I hadn't yet and I love that game. And it looks like I might wait until next week and pick up Geometry Wars for 200. Beyond that... the offerings just have not been good.

In fact, I've been sitting on 1600 pts since Christmas. I spent that 200 on Quarrel but, I had actually earned that 200 from Rewards, and I'm about to get another 200-300 from Rewards again here soon. It's just not a good thing to be sitting on points and be earning them from Rewards faster than you can spend them because the sales are lousy.

Been holding out for Marvel vs capcom sale and picked it up. Now I just have to wait for darkstalkers to go on sale....

Hmm... Dungeon Defenders looks interesting, I should probably try the demo since I should really drop another 1000 to get the free one month since I snagged Retro City Rampage already.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Major Nelson corrected his blog. Motocross Madness will be 800 points, not 1200[/QUOTE]Hmm, makes me a bit more tempted to get it. Guess I'll try the demo. Still trying to figure out a 4th game to get to reach the 3,200 limit & 4 XBLA games.

[quote name='pyoobez']Hmm... Dungeon Defenders looks interesting, I should probably try the demo since I should really drop another 1000 to get the free one month since I snagged Retro City Rampage already.[/QUOTE]

Dungeon Defenders is best play cooperatively. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet (I got it free with PS+) but most impressions seem to be that it's quite a challenge if you plan on playing it solo. Just FYI.

[quote name='Primis']I'm unimpressed. I picked up Quarrel for 200pts last week because yeah, I hadn't yet and I love that game. And it looks like I might wait until next week and pick up Geometry Wars for 200. Beyond that... the offerings just have not been good.

In fact, I've been sitting on 1600 pts since Christmas. I spent that 200 on Quarrel but, I had actually earned that 200 from Rewards, and I'm about to get another 200-300 from Rewards again here soon. It's just not a good thing to be sitting on points and be earning them from Rewards faster than you can spend them because the sales are lousy.[/QUOTE]

Wow...just...wow, would you be so kind and tell us what has to be on sale that's worthwhile in your eyes? ôo (if you already have most of the games that's another thing but to say that those deals aren't good at all well...wish my points would go down so slow...

[quote name='Techsticles']Looks like the prices jumped up to 600msp on those 480msp titles. :cry:

I'll probably still get Marvel Origins.[/QUOTE]
Say it ain't so.

[quote name='freshzen']Say it ain't so.[/QUOTE]

It ain't so. No idea what he's talking about. The games are still 480 points as far as I can tell.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Geometry Wars: REtro Evolved 2 - 200 MSP - 75% off

^^ So worth it.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get that price? It's showing up as 800 MSP for me. No Gold discounts or anything!

[quote name='ArugulaZ']How'd you get that price? It's showing up as 800 MSP for me. No Gold discounts or anything![/QUOTE]

That's the price it will be next week.

[quote name='ArugulaZ']How'd you get that price? It's showing up as 800 MSP for me. No Gold discounts or anything![/QUOTE]
Because it's next week's deal...

[quote name='freshzen']Looks like I won't bother with CS: GO...400+ hours to achieve the full 400 gamer score. Yikes!

May hold off on Tomb Raider for 75-80% off.[/QUOTE]
Do you avoid buying games for older systems bc there's no point without achievement tracking?

More on topic, no one should purchase CSGO, until valve patches it. i know xbla patches are expensive, but that game has gotten so many updates on PC, i have it for xbox but i really suggest you put your money on the PC one or just forget it. i like it, but i really regret supporting releasing that game considering they didn't continue any support for it at all (which you can argue is not necessarily their obligation,but come on brah throw a dog (or the 10s of thousands of others who bought it) a bone)

I've played most older games on older systems that I'm interested in. Wish we could get the Suikoden series or Nippon Ichi srpgs on xbla.

So excited for next week. Never played geometry wars 2 and can't resist that price! In the meantime, the stack of unplayed fighting games in my shelf forbids me from MvC origins, but I feel the pull...

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Same here. My last 5000 msp have all been regular price sales. Was debating on getting the citadel DLC for Mass Effect. Since it will probably be a year till it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]
5000 msp on regular priced content? I hope it was all DLC or it's no wonder you can't find a sale priced game to buy...

[quote name='freshzen']I've played most older games on older systems that I'm interested in. Wish we could get the Suikoden series or Nippon Ichi srpgs on xbla.[/QUOTE]

Why did you bother playing those older games (which is what SonicXtreme is thinking while he makes a "woosh" sound and slides his hand through the air over his head)?

I won't say I never try for an achievement, but out of my 250+ Xbox games, I have achieved a perfect gamer score exactly... zero, yes, zero times.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Halo 3: ODST Campaign Edition. At least It's labeled right.

But at this point? Yeah, way too late. Used is 8ish on Amazon shipped. Actually shocked it's $15 at Gamestop, but that comes with the Halo 3 MP disc so a better value.

As usual, MS outpricing itself with Games on Demand. I'm sure a lot more people would pick it up at $5[/QUOTE]

$7.50 (600 MSP) on HU market. From what I've seen its region free

[quote name='JMusic']Why did you bother playing those older games (which is what SonicXtreme is thinking while he makes a "woosh" sound and slides his hand through the air over his head)?

I won't say I never try for an achievement, but out of my 250+ Xbox games, I have achieved a perfect gamer score exactly... zero, yes, zero times.[/QUOTE]
You get 1000/1000 for simply beating Enchanted Arms. It's not a bad game either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back