XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JasonTerminator']Ugh, Bethesda sale AGAIN. They just had one in December! Dragonborn being on sale is nice I suppose.

Put New Vegas DLC on sale! Or the Banjo games![/QUOTE]

Wish they'd put the last piece of New Vegas DLC on sale....haven't gotten it yet, yay for Dragonborn though!

More so yay for the PS3 version of Skyrim having so many problems that they have to put the DLC as soon as it's available for half off and 360 owners also get to partake.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']You do know it's become farily different from the original right? It's all about synchro fusion and adding up levels of monsters in order to make another monster. I miss the simple yugioh of 2003-2006.[/QUOTE]

That's so 2010. Now all the kids are hopped on XYZ monsters and stacking their like-level monsters on top if each other like some sort of heathens (although I don't think that mechanic is in this game though).

Well I thought there was nothing for me this week, but on EastX's recommendation I'll try out Zombie Driver HD. I'll pick up the DLC for Zombie Apocalypse 2 also, even though I haven't played the game yet.

Next week I'll definitely pick up Dragonborn, even though I haven't played Skyrim in quite awhile. I know that onece I start playing it again, I'll play nothing else for a long time.

All this talk about achievements makes me realize I've never really played with many CAGs, I'll definitely send some requests on TA for those who've registered, and maybe some XBL friend requests also.

So what happens if you "win" the scratch & match - are you then screwed out of the loser deals, or can you just try again and then "lose"?

Hmm.. I'm tempted to pick up Zombie Driver HD even though I have the original on Steam. Is the HD version worth getting? Also, how's Zombie Apocalypse?

When you win the S&M it just takes you to the loser deal page with a fourth, winning, deal added.

Was very much a "meh" list for me until I saw the S&M sales - N+ is on my very short list of games I've been wanting to pick up at one time or another so that's a definite. Will probably pass on spelunky as the difficulty I don't think is for me. I will reiterate the above love for spelunky with the very atmospheric Limbo though. Loved that game from beginning to end - got all the achievements in one weekend when I gorged myself on it.

[quote name='Tsel']Hmm.. I'm tempted to pick up Zombie Driver HD even though I have the original on Steam. Is the HD version worth getting? Also, how's Zombie Apocalypse?[/QUOTE]

I am likened to call Zombie Driver "Zombie Taxi". Zombie Driver HD (and Zombie Driver THD for Android) have a higher variety of missions than "Go to this place, secure the area, pick up survivors, then take them to base". There are new types of missions like boss fights, zombie elimination objectives, protection missions, and hive destruction. Zombie Driver HD is definitely a good game if you liked the original Zombie Driver, and has enough new content to warrant a purchase.

[quote name='Ciffy']When you win the S&M it just takes you to the loser deal page with a fourth, winning, deal added.

Was very much a "meh" list for me until I saw the S&M sales - N+ is on my very short list of games I've been wanting to pick up at one time or another so that's a definite. Will probably pass on spelunky as the difficulty I don't think is for me. I will reiterate the above love for spelunky with the very atmospheric Limbo though. Loved that game from beginning to end - got all the achievements in one weekend when I gorged myself on it.[/QUOTE]

If you ask me, N+ is more frustrating game. Beating each level (without hidden ones) on Spelunky is not all that bad, especiually after you unlock level shortcuts. :)

[quote name='Bloomy']Apparently, if you live in Montana, you don't need to pick up any of the DOTW stuff. Just go outside with a shotgun.

[/QUOTE]

awesome, we had an outbreak here in Austin last year too.
http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/austin-zombies-20090129-172634.jpg

thanks for opinions on zombie driver HD, ill make it my one pick up this week

spelunky: so damn hard, i feel like i only get to see 1/5 of what the game has to offer. stuck trying to get shotgun to unlock shortcut #2. and inside that worm, fuggetabout it. tip of the hat to anyone with fast enough eyes/fingers for that game.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I don't think it's just free time, a lot of people with high gamerscores play lame and easy games intentionally, or just race through games. These aren't real gamers though. I don't ever get the point of playing through a game just to boast about it. It's one thing if someone asks you about a game or difficulty, but to play through literally 100s of games in less than 8 years isn't just weird, it's got to be really unhealthy. And that Stallion guy isn't a real gamer. Racing to get 1,000,000 points...for what? Seriously, I play games and shouldn't judge, but there's literally no reward for that. Not even money, a Guinness World Record, or a Game Informer article that comes across as sad, makes up for how literally worthless that life is. If you're not playing games to have fun...why are you playing games?

I actually played games like Halo 3 and Gears of War to play them. If I got an achievement in Halo 3, it was because it just happened. I'll never get the point of boosting for things like that, when the whole point of the achievement is to achieve it. I've said it before, but I'm convinced I'm the only person to ever legitimately get Save This Film (really it should be called Save This Video). I'm sure it felt much more satisfying and surprising to earn than it would have by having to exploit matchmaking or connection setups, or have people stand still while I kill them. What's the point of achieving something you didn't earn. No one should care about your gamerscore (except Microsoft with that Rewards Program).[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. When I was in my early 20's, I'd race through game to have the satisfaction of completeling and moving onto the next. Now being 27, living in LA, and doing the whole industry thing, I don't have time to race through games. I'd much rather play them for the experience and story then for the 1000+ gamer score.

Whereas before I'd play on the hardest difficulty, now I'll just play "Normal" and just enjoy the pace. After I've beaten it, I can go back for the 100% (which does feel good to look at)

Back on track: Spelunky is both a bitch and tons of fun. Highly recommend Limbo and Spelunky. Super Meat Boy is better then N+, IMO. And as badly as I want to purchase the DLC for Skyrim, I'm forcing myself on waiting till it's on disc.

[quote name='Tsel']Hmm.. I'm tempted to pick up Zombie Driver HD even though I have the original on Steam. Is the HD version worth getting? Also, how's Zombie Apocalypse?[/QUOTE]

I found the original Zombie Apocalypse demo to be really bad. It doesn't even have a lot of features of a "game", more of a twin stick hoard mode where you just fight waves of zombies.

ZA2 is a decent amount better, bumping it up to "mediocre twin stick shooter". Some people can't stand the intentionally over-the-top and corny voice acting, though it didn't really bother me.

[quote name='Sath666']If you ask me, N+ is more frustrating game. Beating each level (without hidden ones) on Spelunky is not all that bad, especiually after you unlock level shortcuts. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah because unlocking the shortcuts is a cinch. :wall:

[quote name='The Brief Chef']Super Meat Boy is better then N+, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I'd agree, Super Meat Boy is way better than N+. The controls were a little too floaty for me in N+, and I could never master the physics of it.

[quote name='razorracer83']I'm curious. How is Zombie Apocalypse, compared to the PSN game, Dead Nation?[/QUOTE]

Like I mentioned above, I find ZA1 to be abysmal. ZA2 is like Dead Nation in that you walk around dark streets and blast zombies. I've only played about the first 3 levels of each game, but it feels like Dead Nation has quite a bit more when it comes to upgrading and seems to be the more polished game. Dead Nation only allows for 2 player co-op I believe, where ZA2 allows up to 4 players. Dead Nation also seemed significantly more difficult as well. The tone of the two games are quite different as well (Dead Nation is pretty dark, where as ZA2 is pretty corny).

I preferred my time with Dead Nation quite a bit more, even though I did die more.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

Haha yeah because unlocking the shortcuts is a cinch. :wall:
.[/QUOTE]

What was so hard about that? Only carrying the key can took some tries, but it's perfectly doable. Nothing like the difficulty of some later levels on N+. I was able to 100% N as well, but i put away the game for a year before i decided to get back to it. For some reason frustrates the hell out of me. :lol:

Might be in for N+. Didn't care for Limbo when I tried the demo previously, but may try that again.

As for Zombie Driver HD, it's a fun distraction. I like to think of it as Carmageddon in a GTA setting if that makes any sense. Plus the achievements aren't too hard either.

[quote name='Sath666']What was so hard about that? Only carrying the key can took some tries, but it's perfectly doable. Nothing like the difficulty of some later levels on N+. I was able to 100% N as well, but i put away the game for a year before i decided to get back to it. For some reason frustrates the hell out of me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I can barely make it to the Ice world without carrying the fucking key.
fuck that game.

A lot of last weeks sales are still showing at their sale price. I'm wondering which of those are price drops and which haven't been reversed from their sale price yet. Either way, its unusual that they're still on sale

Brock F'N Sampson;10476086 said:
Thank you! I appreciate the response very much. Now I have to find a cheap copy of the game :whistle2:k.

got lucky. found a very good or like new i cant remember which used on amazon for 9.99 last night and now its mine lol

[quote name='harry hood']A lot of last weeks sales are still showing at their sale price. I'm wondering which of those are price drops and which haven't been reversed from their sale price yet. Either way, its unusual that they're still on sale[/QUOTE]

It looks like last week's DOTW games are back to full price. Only checked Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Orcs Must Die, and they're back up to 1200 each. I assume the others are back up too.

As far as the other games that were "on sale" last week, it looks like most, if not all of those were permanent price drops.

There's a page for February price drops on the dashboard now. Listed are Alien Breed 1-3, Haunted House, Yar's Revenge (all 400 each); Battlezone, Tempest, Centipede & Millipede (all 320 each), Missle Command (240), Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale and Worms: Ultimate Mayhem (800 each); and Worms 2: Armageddon (the price drops page says it's 600 but it should be 400).

Just checked the Puzzle Quest DLC and Puzzle Quest Galactrix pages and they're still at 400 and 1200 points each.

[quote name='razorracer83']I'm curious. How is Zombie Apocalypse, compared to the PSN game, Dead Nation?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']I found the original Zombie Apocalypse demo to be really bad. It doesn't even have a lot of features of a "game", more of a twin stick hoard mode where you just fight waves of zombies.
[/QUOTE]

That is a "game". Maybe not your preferred cup of tea, but the fans of Smash TV and the like could get a kick out of it. I bought it for 400 points and don't regret it at all. It makes a great "quickie game". Sitting with a bunch of friends and no one wants to commit to starting a new campaign or learning new controls? Toss this on, easy to pick up and go.

It's a twin stick game, with extra buttons for either holding a melee chainsaw (more fun than function), or a bail-out grenade. Nothing revolutionary....main story/game is just surviving 55 days (levels) and you can pick up where you left off. 1-4 local or online, multiple mode types/modifiers to unlock, build up a big score modifier for extra lives. Enemies get progressively harder with new types (exploding bastards are the worst), and a small gun selection that appear on the map or drop from the sky.

It's not going to blow you away, but if you were lamenting the loss of Smash TV from Arcade (I know, the Midway collection is coming...or out?), then this makes a fine stand-in.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']That is a "game". Maybe not your preferred cup of tea, but the fans of Smash TV and the like could get a kick out of it. I bought it for 400 points and don't regret it at all. It makes a great "quickie game". Sitting with a bunch of friends and no one wants to commit to starting a new campaign or learning new controls? Toss this on, easy to pick up and go.

It's a twin stick game, with extra buttons for either holding a melee chainsaw (more fun than function), or a bail-out grenade. Nothing revolutionary....main story/game is just surviving 55 days (levels) and you can pick up where you left off. 1-4 local or online, multiple mode types/modifiers to unlock, build up a big score modifier for extra lives. Enemies get progressively harder with new types (exploding bastards are the worst), and a small gun selection that appear on the map or drop from the sky.

It's not going to blow you away, but if you were lamenting the loss of Smash TV from Arcade (I know, the Midway collection is coming...or out?), then this makes a fine stand-in.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't Agree More

All Zombies must Die , I bought just because I had some points and the demo seemed good. Me and my Buddy went through the first 3 levels and after that decided to never play it again. it was just repetitive garbage (in my opinion)

Zombie Apocalypse - is worth $5 in my Opinion it's not deep or anything, it's one of those easy to pick and play games, the later levels are grinders but it's not to deep and is fun to play with some buds.

Zombie Apocalypse 2 NDA - I cannot recommend, the demo seemed okay...But this is one of the cases where after i purchased it about 8 months ago I felt cheated. Maybe if it was a dollar indy game maybe I would of let it go. When a sequel isn't no where as good as the original i say hey! what happend? On paper ZA2 sounds good but after you start playing it you realize what a poor attempt it is. Around level 3 or 4 I remember the difficulity spikes and good luck finding anybody to play it with you and I highly recommend during the volume down because the voice acting is down right horrible. I do like the idea of 4 different characters who weld different weapons and have different skills and every level has objectives to complete, that's cool! if only the game was fun. Id say AVOID at all cost

Looks Like I will be picking up Zombie Driver and Limbo : )

I downloaded the sale and specials app. I still cant find anywhere that shows Spelunky, N+, or Limbo on sale. :whistle2:(

Only thing i see is a pic of Limbo but its on some Scratch & Match contest.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I downloaded the sale and specials app. I still cant find anywhere that shows Spelunky, N+, or Limbo on sale. :whistle2:(

Only thing i see is a pic of Limbo but its on some Scratch & Match contest.[/QUOTE]

You have to play the scratch game and lose, then it will show you the "loser deals".

I agree on N+ with everyone else. It is a fun game but it gets really annoying from like level 40-50. One of the few games that made me want to break my controller in frustration. I don't think I ever finished it either. I will probably pick up Zombie Driver, NDA DLC, and Zombie Wranglers.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I downloaded the sale and specials app. I still cant find anywhere that shows Spelunky, N+, or Limbo on sale. :whistle2:(

Only thing i see is a pic of Limbo but its on some Scratch & Match contest.[/QUOTE]

Do the scratch & match contest. It won't cost you anything, and if you lose (likely will), you'll see the deals.

Oh another thing, I've never regretted any XBLA purchase more then I have ZA2: NDA, and I've bought some other very poorly recieved games (ala Daggerdale, Nexuiz, etc)

Seriously it's months later and I'm still a little annoyed I actually bought NDA. :sigh: Oh well.

[quote name='sicsonic']Oh another thing, I've never regretted any XBLA purchase more then I have ZA2: NDA, and I've bought some other very poorly recieved games (ala Daggerdale, Nexuiz, etc)

Seriously it's months later and I'm still a little annoyed I actually bought NDA. :sigh: Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I have not played part two but the first was at least enjoyable, not the best or the worst. I do not remember when I bought part two but apparently I did and it must of been about two years ago so Im getting the DLC for it. Im gonna pass on All Zombies Must Die just because it looks like another Zombie Apocalypse game and I don't need anymore of the same thing.

[quote name='harry hood']A lot of last weeks sales are still showing at their sale price. I'm wondering which of those are price drops and which haven't been reversed from their sale price yet. Either way, its unusual that they're still on sale[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MWB']It looks like last week's DOTW games are back to full price. Only checked Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Orcs Must Die, and they're back up to 1200 each. I assume the others are back up too.

As far as the other games that were "on sale" last week, it looks like most, if not all of those were permanent price drops.

There's a page for February price drops on the dashboard now. Listed are Alien Breed 1-3, Haunted House, Yar's Revenge (all 400 each); Battlezone, Tempest, Centipede & Millipede (all 320 each), Missle Command (240), Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale and Worms: Ultimate Mayhem (800 each); and Worms 2: Armageddon (the price drops page says it's 600 but it should be 400).

Just checked the Puzzle Quest DLC and Puzzle Quest Galactrix pages and they're still at 400 and 1200 points each.[/QUOTE]

It looks like everything that wasn't part of DotW last week is more than likely a price drop. I'll work on migrating it down into the proper section later in the OP, if someone doesn't beat me. Should we just delete the avatar price drops?

[quote name='sicsonic']Oh another thing, I've never regretted any XBLA purchase more then I have ZA2: NDA, and I've bought some other very poorly recieved games (ala Daggerdale, Nexuiz, etc)

Seriously it's months later and I'm still a little annoyed I actually bought NDA. :sigh: Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I regretted buying it quite a bit when I got it for free on PS+ a few months later, but I still kinda liked it playing with a few friends. My biggest ever XBLA regret is buying Voodoo Dice for 400 MSP. SMH.

Jumping into the OP to add the Scratch "prize", as well as clarify which are confirmed D3/Atari price-drops ... back in a jiffy! :) ... Done!

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']You have to play the scratch game and lose, then it will show you the "loser deals". [/QUOTE]

[quote name='sicsonic']Do the scratch & match contest. It won't cost you anything, and if you lose (likely will), you'll see the deals.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, and Thank you! I didnt even know this.

[quote name='Solder']Excited that 20 bucks will buy me the Skyrim DLC.

It'll force me to get back to it.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a bait n switch on the Skyrim DLC. Just like Max Payne a few weeks ago. Re-check Major Nelson's post.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Zombie Wranglers is a bad game. I think I won a copy when it came out and towards the end of last year I revisited it. It's a fairly easy 200 GS and features online co-op, but that final boss is really cheap and made me want to delete the game upon completion. I'd say save your money. The trial for All Zombies Must Die wasn't that fun to me either.
[/QUOTE]

I remember being very psyched when ZW simply had a teaser trailer up before release since it *looks* like it should be in the vain of ZAMN... and then I played the demo. :puke:

BTW congrats on the supersonics coming back (or seattle kings?)

:bouncy:

Why can't I find the 'Sales & Specials' app anywhere on my console? It's not in the "Games" section like the website indicates. I did a Bing search as well. Nothing. Where do you download this damned thing? Those loser deals look pretty good this week.

[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']Looks like a bait n switch on the Skyrim DLC. Just like Max Payne a few weeks ago. Re-check Major Nelson's post.[/QUOTE]

Well shit.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']kinda pissed I can't get the Limbo discount because I don't have access to Xbox Live right now, is there no way to get that discount on xbox.com?[/QUOTE]correct. this is a deal only available through the scratch and match section in the sales & specials app on your xbox console. technically, it is not a deal of the week sale, which is why you do not see it on xbox.com

edit: can anyone tell me if limbo has been cheaper in the past? i used to own the triple pack and sold it just a few days ago. i looked on xbldb.com but i have a hard time interpreting the info. wasn't it super cheap during a holiday sale?

and what is this i read about a skyrim abit and switch? dragonborn is the only dlc i need to buy and i was planning on doing it next week

[quote name='tribalnoise'][quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']kinda pissed I can't get the Limbo discount because I don't have access to Xbox Live right now, is there no way to get that discount on xbox.com?[/QUOTE]
correct. this is a deal only available through the scratch and match section in the sales & specials app on your xbox console. technically, it is not a deal of the week sale, which is why you do not see it on xbox.com[/quote]

You have until Tuesday morning (2/19) around 2am PST to get to a functioning Xbox 360. You've still got lots of time to make arrangements. Remember that any game you purchase has 2 licenses ... 1 for the XBL account (as long as it's online), and 1 for the 360 it's originally purchased upon (for offline use). Even if you're logged into a friend's or family member's 360, you'll still be able to play "Limbo" while your gamertag is online. Every 4 months or so, you can also reset all purchased content to a new physical 360 (go to http://www.xbox.com/drm for details), so you'll eventually have offline access to the game as well, even if you don't purchase on your own 360.

[quote name='tribalnoise']edit: can anyone tell me if limbo has been cheaper in the past? i used to own the triple pack and sold it just a few days ago. i looked on xbldb.com but i have a hard time interpreting the info. wasn't it super cheap during a holiday sale?

and what is this i read about a skyrim abit and switch? dragonborn is the only dlc i need to buy and i was planning on doing it next week[/QUOTE]

All done in the OP ... grabbed a snapshot of the Dashboard's "price drops", so I separated the "announced" vs. "unannounced" so newbie visitors can understand how we make these determinations.

Yes, Limbo's been cheaper quite a few times, and I've ensured all 3 "scratch" deals have their xbldb, Metacritic, and Quick Look links intact.

Give the "Skyrim" / "Oblivion" sales a chance to post ... remember there's countless licensing agreements to wrangle whenever a sale occurs, and a Skyrim sale may very well be North America only, or some finite number of countries. As we always say here ... YMMV. :)

[quote name='tribalnoise']correct. this is a deal only available through the scratch and match section in the sales & specials app on your xbox console. technically, it is not a deal of the week sale, which is why you do not see it on xbox.com

edit: can anyone tell me if limbo has been cheaper in the past? i used to own the triple pack and sold it just a few days ago. i looked on xbldb.com but i have a hard time interpreting the info. wasn't it super cheap during a holiday sale?

and what is this i read about a skyrim abit and switch? dragonborn is the only dlc i need to buy and i was planning on doing it next week[/QUOTE]

Looks like according to xbldb the lowest Limbo has been is 600 points unless if it was on sale on the S&S app for lower.

Trying to decide if any of the zombie games are worth it.

[quote name='midloo']Why can't I find the 'Sales & Specials' app anywhere on my console? It's not in the "Games" section like the website indicates. I did a Bing search as well. Nothing. Where do you download this damned thing? Those loser deals look pretty good this week.[/QUOTE]

Check the OP again ... the directions are still intact:
  1. Navigate to the "Games" channel (aka the "Games" tab)
  2. Select the "Browse Games" tile (middle of far left on that "Games" tab)
  3. Select the "Sales and Specials" tile (upper right on that "Featured" tab)
  4. Now select the S&S+ tile (it's the blue/purple one at the bottom) ...
  5. ... and if prompted, choose "Get the Free App".
The "Scratch & Win" deals are in the lower-left corner of the S&S+ app. The "Chain Reaction" deals are in the upper-right corner of the S&S+ app.

As for "why these aren't on Xbox.com" ... read the exhaustive FAQ in the OP. But to summarize, you're buying games from a unique (kludgy) region, because the Marketplace has no way to show a "special" price based upon where you see it, and so instead, you're viewing a price for a region that otherwise doesn't exist. This is also why the game may not reflect as "Already purchased" when you go back to your Marketplace, because you're viewing your own region, not the unique S&S+ region. Lately, the Xbox folks are getting behind at porting over the S&S+ purchases (in their unique region) back to your own region's Marketplace ... and if that seems like a problem for you, you should poke the @XboxSupport folks on Twitter, or on the Support forums, to encourage them to "close the loop" and get their records up-to-date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back