XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Masters_93']How??

There's lots of people online.
I hoped on a few days ago and it took less than 30 seconds to find a KotH match. There were even more people in the TDM playlist so population is high.[/QUOTE]

I was playing the game online when I wrote that and yes, lots of other people were playing. The problem is that online play in Gears 3 has deteriorated to the point of it being unplayable.

The dedicated servers are either gone or are just shit quality. It feels like it's p2p where some games you are on fire and then 5 minutes later your shooting someone point blank in the face several times and they aren't dying. That's not to mention that every single day you have to adjust to some new BS. Today's problem is extreme input lag, a few days ago the retro wasn't working, or the gnasher wasn't working, or grenades weren't working or blindfires aren't working, etc. It's just a huge clusterfuck of inconsistencies.

Epic doesn't care, they have our money and created an entire new (shitty) game to give longtime fans a giant middle finger.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What about putting the comparison prices in a spoiler tag so those who want to see it can click on it and those that don't care don't have a buttload of information on each line?[/QUOTE]

This was probably just the best solution. I updated the OP the best I could, I still personally think it looks like a jumbled mess. If anyone feels like touching it up or just reverting it back to how it was, that would be fine. Won't hurt my feeling any...

[quote name='tylerh1701']This was probably just the best solution. I updated the OP the best I could, I still personally think it looks like a jumbled mess. If anyone feels like touching it up or just reverting it back to how it was, that would be fine. Won't hurt my feeling any...[/QUOTE]
I'll take a crack at it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Two achievements for reaching the #2 and #1 spots on the global ranked leaderboard for the multiplayer... Brutal![/QUOTE]

What's even more amazing is on TA solution page for these 2 achievements. Some players claim that the top 50 spot is claimed by 2 people with multiple boosting accounts so they block everyone else out. Then on top of that they say in their bios that they will allow you to boost with them to the #1 and #2 spots if you pay them in MS points or live cards, lol.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Two achievements for reaching the #2 and #1 spots on the global ranked leaderboard for the multiplayer... Brutal![/QUOTE]
Same with lost planet 2. Stupid decision who ever decided that

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I was playing the game online when I wrote that and yes, lots of other people were playing. The problem is that online play in Gears 3 has deteriorated to the point of it being unplayable.

The dedicated servers are either gone or are just shit quality. It feels like it's p2p where some games you are on fire and then 5 minutes later your shooting someone point blank in the face several times and they aren't dying. That's not to mention that every single day you have to adjust to some new BS. Today's problem is extreme input lag, a few days ago the retro wasn't working, or the gnasher wasn't working, or grenades weren't working or blindfires aren't working, etc. It's just a huge clusterfuck of inconsistencies.

Epic doesn't care, they have our money and created an entire new (shitty) game to give longtime fans a giant middle finger.[/QUOTE]

Really?

The only thing I've ever run into is the message saying I'm playing P2P because I don't have those DLC maps and occassional host migration or lag. Other than that, it's been smooth sailing since I got the game.

Put the Amazon / Best Buy / Gamestop prices in spoiler tags for the GoD sale. As mentioned, the MSP conversions appear to be working now (I checked a few other games), so I removed the warning from the OP.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Am I the only one who is kinda pumped for Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds?

It looks like a cross between Scott Pilgrim and Guardian Heroes!!!
[/QUOTE]

That looks AWESOME!

[quote name='Rollobobo']Am I the only one who is kinda pumped for Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds?

It looks like a cross between Scott Pilgrim and Guardian Heroes!!!

[/QUOTE]

Haha probably. I didn't know it existed until this morning when I saw it on Major's list.

Phantom Breaker looks cool but its gonna have to wait until after this sale is over.

Also, I finally started playing Scott Pilgrim today even though I bought it 3 years ago. The graphics are awesome, probably my favorite of all time.

[quote name='MagmaOasis']El Shaddai is the best game i have ever played on Xbox. If you don't have it, this should be an INSTANT purchase. It combines amazing 3D hack/slash, some sidescrolling stages, and a vehicle stage that absolutely blew my mind.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Almost bought El Shaddai, but watching the IGN video review changed my mind. I don't have time for mediocre games anymore.[/QUOTE]

This is awkward.

Anyone with Gears 2 experience, I am going to get into Gears soon as I grab the first one (yes, I know I'm crazy for never playing it, heard it a million times) and was wondering if that DLC associated with Gears 2 called the All Fronts Pack is enough to unlock all the extra achievements? I clicked the link and said it unlocks all the MP maps and 1 campaign mission, is there more to it than that if I want the achievements?

Side Q: Is Gears 1 capable of online co-op? Wanna play with my best bud but we're stationed on opposite sides of the country.

It looks like a cross between Scott Pilgrim and Guardian Heroes!!![/QUOTE]I've been keeping an eye on it. Kind of ironic the spin-off downloadable game is coming out despite being announced AFTER the fact the original fighting game was coming to the US.

I'm still deciding if I should get this tomorrow (if some friends get it, maybe I'll get it as well) or wait for it to be 1/2 off, especially since I just got El Shaddai & I've got some other stuff I wanna work on.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Anyone with Gears 2 experience, I am going to get into Gears soon as I grab the first one (yes, I know I'm crazy for never playing it, heard it a million times) and was wondering if that DLC associated with Gears 2 called the All Fronts Pack is enough to unlock all the extra achievements? I clicked the link and said it unlocks all the MP maps and 1 campaign mission, is there more to it than that if I want the achievements?

Side Q: Is Gears 1 capable of online co-op? Wanna play with my best bud but we're stationed on opposite sides of the country.[/QUOTE]

it has co op gears judgement comes with gears 1 on demand code

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Anyone with Gears 2 experience, I am going to get into Gears soon as I grab the first one (yes, I know I'm crazy for never playing it, heard it a million times) and was wondering if that DLC associated with Gears 2 called the All Fronts Pack is enough to unlock all the extra achievements? I clicked the link and said it unlocks all the MP maps and 1 campaign mission, is there more to it than that if I want the achievements?

Side Q: Is Gears 1 capable of online co-op? Wanna play with my best bud but we're stationed on opposite sides of the country.[/QUOTE]

1-all fronts does include everything needed for all the achievements.

2-it's been a long time since I've played gow1, I really don't remember if it has online co-op.

Can anyone help me. I bought a ghostbuster jumpsuit for my avatar over Microsofts web page and when it gave me the option to equip it now, I did. But not it's like it's forgotten my avatar completely and whenever I try to edit my Avatar it tries to make one from scratch. I'm still signed in on my xbox account. what gives?

Downloading the demo for El Shaddai. Its only $3 worth of MSP but I would like to at least somewhat think I'm going to enjoy the game before dropping the MSP on it.

[quote name='boris1']it has co op gears judgement comes with gears 1 on demand code[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']1-all fronts does include everything needed for all the achievements.

2-it's been a long time since I've played gow1, I really don't remember if it has online co-op.[/QUOTE]

Thanks y'all. Gonna grab All Fronts DLC for 2.

So it looks like the Halo games are today's one day sale: http://majornelson.com/2013/02/25/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-starts-today/

[Edit: And I see this point is already noted in the OP :) ]

Also, here's a raw dump from XBLDB for historical purposes (sorry, couldn't get the BB code copied correctly on my tablet):

BioShock - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb
TC's GRAW2 - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb
Halo Wars - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 67% off - xbldb
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb
Tomb Raider:Legend - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 83% off - xbldb
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements - 240 MSP ($3.00) - 85% off - xbldb
Rainbow Six® Vegas - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb
Rayman Raving Rabbids - 240 MSP ($3.00) - 85% off - xbldb
Call of Juarez - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb
TC’s H.A.W.X - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb
GRID - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 83% off - xbldb
The Darkness - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb
El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON - 240 MSP ($3.00) - 85% off - xbldb
DiRT 2 - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 83% off - xbldb
Halo 3 - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 67% off - xbldb
Halo: Reach - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 67% off - xbldb
Halo 4 - 3200 MSP ($40.00) - 33% off - xbldb

[quote name='Blaster man']Why is it worth $2?[/QUOTE]

because it plays fast. controls well. pretty nice title. it's fun at any price. but worth a purchase at $2. the only think lacking is the lack of online multiplayer.

[quote name='dirtyvu']red bull crashed ice for the kinect is $2! totally worth it at $2.[/QUOTE]

Not really.
BTW, for those who care about achievements, there is one that is going to be extremely difficult to get because you have to get the top spot on the leaderboards.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Downloading the demo for El Shaddai. Its only $3 worth of MSP but I would like to at least somewhat think I'm going to enjoy the game before dropping the MSP on it.[/QUOTE]

i got it for 12 dollars way back and it was worth it. this wouldnt be worth 60 but anywhere under 30 is probably good. art style is amazing. the story is interesting if your into that. the only real flaw is the combat is kind average to bad. but yea 3 dollars certainly worth a run throw. id play it again but my hand has tendon problems and i cant mash buttons that fast like the game requires and what would probably be insane on the harder difficulties.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Almost bought El Shaddai, but watching the IGN video review changed my mind. I don't have time for mediocre games anymore.[/QUOTE]

So true.

My backlog is too big as it is, and its only going to get bigger with the high quality games coming out in the next few months.
And when the next gen consoles hit, these mediocre games are only going to get bumped further down my priority list....

Is Raam's Shadow the only Gears DLC that is a campaign level? Multiplayer is cool and all, but I love me some campaign.

Thanks for the info. on the quality of Halo games from earlier. I'm thinking of getting Halo 3 and Reach. At $10 each, is this a common sale price or am I better off buying them now?

[quote name='Cage017']Is Raam's Shadow the only Gears DLC that is a campaign level? Multiplayer is cool and all, but I love me some campaign.
[/QUOTE]
If we're not counting the Gears 2: All Fronts deleted chapter, then yeah it basically is. Though Raam is prequel that leads directly to Gears 1 and was more well done and alot more challenging overall it felt.

A mediocre game that clicks with me is better than every triple AAA 9.5 game that I think was fun but not quite what I wanted. Not to say both can't happen at once.

[quote name='Bizzquik']So true.

My backlog is too big as it is, and its only going to get bigger with the high quality games coming out in the next few months.
And when the next gen consoles hit, these mediocre games are only going to get bumped further down my priority list....[/QUOTE]

basically IGN hates it because it was 60 dollars and not COD. no this game is not a 10/10. but it is very worth 3 dollars. its beautiful, great soundtrack, interesting enough story(though yea it could of been told better) and the gameplay while not fantastic it isnt exactly broken either the gameplay does actually work without any hitches.

if you can accept this is not a AAA title. its great ride through a unique title. not every game has to be AAA 9/10 or higher. furthermore reviewers have a tendency to trash anything not named halo, GTA, or COD.

if this got released at 30 dollars it would been far better received and for 3 dollars its a damn fine game.

[quote name='Super Sonic']Can anyone help me. I bought a ghostbuster jumpsuit for my avatar over Microsofts web page and when it gave me the option to equip it now, I did. But not it's like it's forgotten my avatar completely and whenever I try to edit my Avatar it tries to make one from scratch. I'm still signed in on my xbox account. what gives?[/QUOTE]The only thing you can do is recreate your avatar. I used the 'equip it now' option on Xbox.com about a year ago and it did the same thing. Since then, I've only ever edited my avatar on the console.
I thought that issue would have been fixed by now.

[quote name='Super Sonic']Can anyone help me. I bought a ghostbuster jumpsuit for my avatar over Microsofts web page and when it gave me the option to equip it now, I did. But not it's like it's forgotten my avatar completely and whenever I try to edit my Avatar it tries to make one from scratch. I'm still signed in on my xbox account. what gives?[/QUOTE]
Webpage is fucked. Just go to your dl history and redl it

Looks like Assassin's Creed games just went up. Sadly they're all only 50% off (even the first one is priced $10).

Edit: For us Canadians, AC I and Brotherhood are priced $20 each while Revelations is $15 and AC II is $10. :roll:

[quote name='bardockkun']If we're not counting the Gears 2: All Fronts deleted chapter, then yeah it basically is. Though Raam is prequel that leads directly to Gears 1 and was more well done and alot more challenging overall it felt.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply.

One last question: Long ago I read there was a Tomb Raider game that had more DLC on the Xbox version than the PS3 version. Is that Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, or Underworld?

[quote name='Masters_93']Looks like Assassin's Creed games just went up. Sadly they're all only 50% off (even the first one is priced $10).[/QUOTE]

All of them are $10, except Revelations which is $15. $10 for Assassin's Creed: Botherhood is not awful if you haven't played it. It's a great game!

[quote name='kayne2000']basically IGN hates it because it was 60 dollars and not COD. no this game is not a 10/10. but it is very worth 3 dollars. its beautiful, great soundtrack, interesting enough story(though yea it could of been told better) and the gameplay while not fantastic it isnt exactly broken either the gameplay does actually work without any hitches.

if you can accept this is not a AAA title. its great ride through a unique title. not every game has to be AAA 9/10 or higher. furthermore reviewers have a tendency to trash anything not named halo, GTA, or COD.

if this got released at 30 dollars it would been far better received and for 3 dollars its a damn fine game.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Game is a nice change of pace, and fun. Don't expect AAA, people. Damn great for 3 bucks.

[quote name='Masters_93']Looks like Assassin's Creed games just went up. Sadly they're all only 50% off (even the first one is priced $10).[/QUOTE]

Aw man, was hoping that Revelations would be 10.

[quote name='Cage017']Thanks for the quick reply.

One last question: Long ago I read there was a Tomb Raider game that had more DLC on the Xbox version than the PS3 version. Is that Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, or Underworld?[/QUOTE]
Legend has DLC of Anniversary, which I believe is the whole campaign of Anniversary since it runs on the same engine, only difference from it compared to the disc version of Anniversary is the 1000 GS, while Legend with DLC clocks in at 250 additional GS. Don't know if that one came out on PS3 though or not though in all honesty. Underworld also has 2 DLC that are exclusive to 360 as far as I remember, though they can be played on the PS3 if you get the Tomb Raider collection that has all 3 games included.

[quote name='kayne2000']i got it for 12 dollars way back and it was worth it. this wouldnt be worth 60 but anywhere under 30 is probably good. art style is amazing. the story is interesting if your into that. the only real flaw is the combat is kind average to bad. but yea 3 dollars certainly worth a run throw.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kayne2000'] it is very worth 3 dollars. its beautiful, great soundtrack, interesting enough story(though yea it could of been told better) and the gameplay while not fantastic it isnt exactly broken either the gameplay does actually work without any hitches.

if this got released at 30 dollars it would been far better received and for 3 dollars its a damn fine game.[/QUOTE]After playing a few chapters, I pretty much have to echo these statements. It's not something I would've gotten at $60, but for $20-ish, I would've been pleased. The graphics alone are worth the $3. Gameplay is simple & repetitive, but it works.

[quote name='Dark Rider']All of them are $10, except Revelations which is $15. $10 for Assassin's Creed: Botherhood is not awful if you haven't played it. It's a great game![/QUOTE]
I never said they were bad, although my personal favourite is Assassin's Creed II (I haven't finished III yet, but it would have to do something AMAZING to change my favourite).

Anyways, I was hoping AC I would be $5, then I'd buy it. I didn't like it the first time (never even finished it) but if it was $5, it would have been nice to have on GoD to complete my Assassin's Creed collection (main games only). :D

Looks like I'll need to find room for El Shaddai, $3 is a no brainer!
I'm interested to see what Civilization Revolution is priced at also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back