XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Masters_93']How is that game? I downloaded the demo but I haven't been able to play it yet. Is it worth the $5 lol?[/QUOTE]

The Darkness is worth $5 in my opinion. As others have noted though, it does move at a slow pace and does look and feel dated by current standards. Still, I would think that most people would get at least $5 worth of playtime out of it. (This is all in reference to the single player campaign, the multiplayer is pretty lame. I'd guess it's pretty empty now too.)

RE5 has dropped to $10 now as well. No change yet on the others, or Dead Island or L4D2 (in case they're doing a zombie theme day).

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Off topic but looks like the NEXUIZ arcade servers are now officially down for good. I bought it for 200msp and never even got to play it. Oh well I guess I can delete it and get 1GB back of memory.[/QUOTE]

Wow, note to self. Never buy online-based games unless I plan to play them right away.

There's DLC for Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds which I cannot afford, and I am so sad (-1MSP -> 4294967295MSP). I wish I had that much money, then I could shed this mortal CAG coil and transcend to blissful game playing. It's Kurisu from Steins;gate! I guess I'll continue playing until the price drops to something more reasonable for me.

EDIT:
[youtube]dFffL0fu5ac[/youtube]

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Off topic but looks like the NEXUIZ arcade servers are now officially down for good. I bought it for 200msp and never even got to play it. Oh well I guess I can delete it and get 1GB back of memory.[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed playing Nexuiz, but I did have to resort to a bit of boosting just a few weeks ago due to fears the game may be gone for me to even get a game in. I always had fun with arena FPS games like Quake and Unreal Tournament games, and the price of the XBLA game at 200MSP was just right. It was just a shame that games could only begin when 6 of 8 players amassed, so there were many times I was just sitting there waiting for any games. I can only hope Illfonic finds some other publisher which could host the Xbox servers for the game in the future, but I have a suspicion it may not be financially sound to put forth that sort of effort, so the game may be very dead on the 360. Fortunately for most here, the price we got it at was low enough given we knew it was an online-only game which was never guaranteed to last.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']ODST FF Rules! :D;)[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed ODST, probably my personal favorite of the series (haven't played 4 nor Anniversary). Unfortunately my friends seem to have schedules vastly different from mine, so we never got together to experience the Firefight mode in ODST (nor Reach).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Even if it's not as complex/detailed/deep as the PC games, Civ Rev isn't anywhere close to being a shallow game because they streamlined the Civ experience for a new audience and platforms. If you're a hardcore Civ veteran, you shouldn't be playing the game at all if you're expecting to get that exact same experience with a controller. The core addictive turn-based strategy experience is the same for both, which is why Civ Rev is a great game.

It's also a good game to be the gateway drug for the harder substances in the PC games, especially Civ V since that game was designed taking in everything they learned about UI design and all that from making Civ Rev. I got that on the cheap from Steam and my first game was a 12 hour marathon that was easy to get into because of my experience with Civ Rev. I also got Civ IV and played a little bit, but that game is definitely more complex in ways that I can only describe as being the result of only making PC games and iterations of the same style of game that were shaken up after making Civ Rev.[/QUOTE]

I came from playing the original Civilization game to the most recent one on PC (5, but I haven't gotten the expansion yet), it is one of my most favorite game series, and that's saying a lot considering my taste in games. I actually don't feel there was much lost in terms of joy with the transition to consoles (and touchscreen devices) with Civilization Revolution, it still has that emergent personalized story of your own time through the course of a game. The Civilization games always did derive its higher challenge through cheats in some form against the player, but I never found them to impede any fun. I purchased the retail version back when it first dropped to $15, and I even bought all the DLC during the Xbox Live rewards offer for a refund on DLC just for the added new elements (worth it to me even when they are without achievements). So given my odd tastes in games, I'd highly recommend the game at any discount price. I am glad Civilization still gets love, and even happier X-com got some love too recently, I hope they bring back Masters of Magic/Orion as well soon.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I finally won the prize in the Sales app (I thought the thing glitched at first) and it was just some dumb avatar martial arts stance or something.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations? Thanks, I always want to know. Just to see if it is worth my try (and likely fail) throughout a week. Avatar stuff typically aren't for me unless they cost nothing (but I had to buy the Sega Saturn T-shirt I'm currently wearing ^^). I'll take a guess that the next Microsoft console will probably maintain the avatars, so on the bright side you have a slightly more unique avatar than most others with your prize from now to the foreseeable future minus a cataclysmic Microsoft server shutdown.

Also, I see you're still hyped on MVCO and GGXXAC+. I figured by now you would have adapted that to Darkstalkers Ressurrection (shame Vampire Savior will be the earlier arcade version which has 3 less characters) or Under Night In-Birth, or at least the update to make GGXXAC+ to GGXXAC+R (or the new character due for Skullgirls). [At least I got hyped about those]

[quote name='Insane dead']Code Veronica is $4.99 on the xbox website right now. So guess resident evil is tomorrows sale.[/QUOTE]

Darn, at that price, I think I may quadruple dip on the game, very un-CAG-like of me -_-. I know it is not the kind of game which stands any test of time, but the game still has some charm to me. (all Capcom needs to do to squeeze more money from me is just rerelease that Gamecube remake of 1 ... and 0 ... and I'll be all over that like a fat kid on butter)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, note to self. Never buy online-based games unless I plan to play them right away.[/QUOTE]

Made it through Nexuiz. I still have to start Battlefield 1943, Monday Night Combat, and Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I'm glad I never bit on Hybrid, Gotham City Imposters, Blacklight: Tango Down, and Breach. I think I may need to find rare imaginary friends that actually wants to play Section 8: Prejudice with me [regret buying this one, just because it was all on discount at a time nothing new was offered].

Would love to hit the ones I have to start, but Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds has currently captivated me. The backlog monster is uncaring, so I'll need to be a bit more disciplined on what I prioritize to knock out with my limited time =(.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of bummed about the Assassin Creed games not being cheaper. I would have bought AC2 for $5.

I enjoyed the GRID demo and will probably pick it up at the end of the week...but that drifting is going to take some practice. I'll be demoing El Shaddai and Dirt 2 as well.

And for the records...
Resident Evil 4 - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
RESIDENT EVIL CODE: Veronica X - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb
RESIDENT EVIL 5 - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Serious Sam 3: BFE - Jewel of the Nile - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 33% off - xbldb
Full Game - Serious Sam 3: BFE - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 33% off - xbldb
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Assassin's Creed - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Assassin's Creed II - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Assassin's Creed Revelations - 1200 MSP ($15.00) - 50% off - xbldb

My guess is that the Serious Sam discounts are actually price drops. I bought the main game for 600 msp during the holiday sale, but it will probably hit 400 before I even look at it again.

Awwww.....I completely forgot about Darkstalkers. I actually haven't played fighters in over a month, I need to fix that. I loved Guilty Gear from the week I spent on it but the online is bad and the local players I game with dropped it really quick.

Also Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City is $20, so only a $10 drop.

[quote name='Insane dead']Code Veronica is $4.99 on the xbox website right now. So guess resident evil is tomorrows sale.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, might have to pick up 4 if it's cheap. Never played a Resident Evil, do they hold up? (tried demo of 5 & 6 and didn't like it)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Hmm, might have to pick up 4 if it's cheap. Never played a Resident Evil, do they hold up? (tried demo of 5 & 6 and didn't like it)[/QUOTE]

4 is $10. Resident Evil 4 is really the only one you need to play. The controls are a bit awkward (be sure to change it as soon as you start to the B control setup), but it's really good and you can work it well.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Hmm, might have to pick up 4 if it's cheap. Never played a Resident Evil, do they hold up? (tried demo of 5 & 6 and didn't like it)[/QUOTE]

If you didn't like 5 or 6, I don't think you'll like 4 or Code Veronica.

4 is quite a bit better than 5 or 6, but if you didn't like the demos of those games than the series might not be for you.

I was hoping that Saint's Row: The Third would've gone on sale around $15.00 somewhere by now. Hopefully we see something soon.

I've heard the game has some great content...and at the same time is disappointing. I never played through Saints Row 2, so I hope it is actually good.

Anyone have an opinion on SR3? Any news if it will be around $15-$20 range OnDemand or elsewhere?

I too was hoping AC2 was $5.00. You could find a physical copy for $10.00 I'd think.

I played through the PS2 version of Code Veronica during the summer and it is still a fine game. I imagine the "HD" port is even better graphically.

That said, I really dislike the cut scenes they added to the X version. The original Dreamcast version still has the best story presentation IMO.

[quote name='KnightRobby']
Anyone have an opinion on SR3? Any news if it will be around $15-$20 range OnDemand or elsewhere?
[/QUOTE]

I'm going through SR3 right now. I really, really like it. The humor is great, the missions are quicker than usual open world games, so it keeps you going. It's well done.

I don't know about sale. I picked up the Full Package version on sale for $25 awhile ago. The vanilla version should be well below that.

Hmmm....after some quick debate on Code Veronica X and after watching a video review, I'm going to have to pass. I never played the old RE's so the tank controls are going to take me forever to get used too. Even for $5, I don't think the game is for me.

[quote name='HDShadow']4 is $10. Resident Evil 4 is really the only one you need to play. The controls are a bit awkward (be sure to change it as soon as you start to the B control setup), but it's really good and you can work it well.[/QUOTE]
Eh, idk now, I was hoping for $5, as I can probably just find a Gamecube Wii or PS2 version for that. The "HD" version really doesn't look so great from the videos I've seen, is it worth paying extra?
[quote name='Tsel']If you didn't like 5 or 6, I don't think you'll like 4 or Code Veronica.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm definitely skipping CVX, but I've just heard so much about 4 that it almost feels like I need to play it. Granted, I'm sure it's a bit dated by now, but I've had it in the back of my mind.
[quote name='tylerh1701']4 is quite a bit better than 5 or 6, but if you didn't like the demos of those games than the series might not be for you.[/QUOTE]
It was mostly the controls being super clunky (getting stuck in corners, not having anything explained) is it as bad in 4? I'm not really a huge survival horror fan, but it seems this game has gotten so much hype, I can't help but wonder about it:?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']how is RE: Code Veronica X as far as Resident Evil games go? I've never played it and it seems like some sort of spin-off?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty good, though you'll hate Steve and one of the villains is kind of goofy. Last of the classic style REs, and probably the hardest by a bit.

It's not a spin-off though, it was meant to be the real RE3, with the RE3 we got actually being a spin-off titled Resident Evil: Last Escape, but to please Sony they swapped the names around. Code Veronica actually adds to the plot, while RE3 doesn't really, so it's pretty easy to tell.

Anyways, these prices are pretty good aside from ORC. I'd probably get most of them if I didn't already own all of them.

Anyone who hasn't done research just be aware that ORC is a pretty poorly polished TPS spin-off. It might be worth $10 if you really like the Raccoon City setting and seeing the old characters, but $20 is too much and it has half of the campaign broken off as $20 more of DLC.

RE:CV is tempting at that price, but I know I won't enjoy it that much. I Think last good classic RE game was the Gamecube REmake. Though I will say this again, RE4 is still so fucking good.

How is Code Veronica? I can still get enjoyment out of MGS even with the Tank Controls, but that's about as much as I'll put up with.

[quote name='Dev518']How is Code Veronica? I can still get enjoyment out of MGS even with the Tank Controls, but that's about as much as I'll put up with.[/QUOTE]
MGS is hardly anywhere close to tank controls. I Think you'll have problems if you get it.

[quote name='kylerg']Chile and Australia.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone had any luck actually buying RE6 for $9.95? I'm in Australia (ex-Canadian currently in the land of Oz) and tried to buy it on my laptop through the marketplace on my Aussie account but it just shows up as $19.95 when you actually go to the buy screen (or 1600 spacebucks when i tried to pay with point). It does show up as $9.95 on the marketplace screen but yeah. I had issues with that a few months back when Rayman Origins was on sale. Will try it on my xbox when I get home. But let me know if anyone has had luck. I know it's a shit game but for $10 for something that's a few months old I'd grab it.

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X GET! I've played the Dreamcast version only back then, so I'm curious to see what was added to the PS2 one, even though the general consensus about extra cutscenes is that they are confusing rather than engaging... oh well, at least Steve looks less like a young Di Caprio clone :bouncy:

Talking about cutscenes, and considered that we'll see Metal Gear's HD remakes discounted soon, I'd really like to play an updated version of The Twin Snakes: Kojima, Silicon Knights, Miyamoto and Kitamura made an extraordinary retelling of the original story. Sure, I could always fire up the game with Dolphin, but I want to give credit once again to the developers and buy an official remake :)

And this holds true for Resident Evil REbirth, too ;)

[quote name='skonson']Has anyone had any luck actually buying RE6 for $9.95? I'm in Australia (ex-Canadian currently in the land of Oz) and tried to buy it on my laptop through the marketplace on my Aussie account but it just shows up as $19.95 when you actually go to the buy screen (or 1600 spacebucks when i tried to pay with point). It does show up as $9.95 on the marketplace screen but yeah. I had issues with that a few months back when Rayman Origins was on sale. Will try it on my xbox when I get home. But let me know if anyone has had luck. I know it's a shit game but for $10 for something that's a few months old I'd grab it.[/QUOTE]

I thot RE6 was for 20$ "Resident Evil 6 - 1600 MSP ($20.00) - 50% off"

[quote name='neo_anomaly']I thot RE6 was for 20$ "Resident Evil 6 - 1600 MSP ($20.00) - 50% off"[/QUOTE]

As someone mentioned earlier for some reason on the Chilean and Australian marketplaces it's showing up as $9.95. Here's a link. I don't know if it works or not. But as I said when i actually click to purchase it the purchase pop-up window shows $19.95

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AU/P...3430819?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

[quote name='Tsel']If you didn't like 5 or 6, I don't think you'll like 4 or Code Veronica.[/QUOTE]

code veronica is a completely different style of game, it's survival horror

i'm biased because the series is my favorite of all time, but it sure as hell is worth 400 points

people spend just as much if not more on mediocre at best arcade games, can't go wrong with a cheap price for a classic game

I am definitely getting code veronica at that price. I got into gaming late and have never played a resident evil game. ( don't hate me :lol: ) I enjoy horror games but the question is will I have any idea what is going on? do I have to play the others first thanks

[quote name='Ltrain8765']I am definitely getting code veronica at that price. I got into gaming late and have never played a resident evil game. ( don't hate me :lol: ) I enjoy horror games but the question is will I have any idea what is going on? do I have to play the others first thanks[/QUOTE]

LOL, u will have no idea whats going on, just read the games story on wiki or something. But story isn't really important to re anyway, just shoot zombies and run away alot lol. Oh and the next Assassins Creed game iis gonna have PIRATES in it!!

[quote name='Ltrain8765']I am definitely getting code veronica at that price. I got into gaming late and have never played a resident evil game. ( don't hate me :lol: ) I enjoy horror games but the question is will I have any idea what is going on? do I have to play the others first thanks[/QUOTE]

honestly yeah you will be lost, you should start with the first one

can't believe so many people didn't play any resident evil game

the series only has about 12 games total and about 7 movies, none of you even know my user name is a character in the first game

[quote name='Barry Burton']

the series only has about 12 games total and about 7 movies, none of you even know my user name is a character in the first game[/QUOTE]
Could've done without mentioning the movies. Those movies don't benefit the franchise in anyway. Otherwise, yeah, 3 console generations and people having never played it is pretty amazing.

[quote name='skonson']As someone mentioned earlier for some reason on the Chilean and Australian marketplaces it's showing up as $9.95. Here's a link. I don't know if it works or not. But as I said when i actually click to purchase it the purchase pop-up window shows $19.95

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AU/P...3430819?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone[/QUOTE]

Sorry my bad. I was actually logged into my US account by accident. So many accounts on xbox to juggle. Sigh.

So just to confirm it for everyone. I just bought it for $9.95 on my aussie account. Hope it works on my North American NTSC xbox. For $10 I'll take the chance. Sadly with my backlog and not having 8gbs of space on my system and still having not finished RE5 it'll be a while until I figure out if it works or not.

If you never played any Resident Evil before Code: Veronica you're going to be quite confused: past characters and events are referenced a lot, and the story is rather twisted to begin with. It is advisable to read at least a recap of past games somewhere.

I found this YouTube playlist last October while I was searching for something to summarize the story up until RE4, so you can take a look too as it helped me immensely: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL81A4B767A6CDA3DF

Above all, keep in mind that you're in for a TRUE OLD SCHOOL experience: that means annoying fixed camera angles, tons of backtracking and a lack of substantial clues about where to go next, which can lead to countless minutes of wandering aimlessly through the levels. Make no mistake, I do love this game but I'm well aware of its shortcomings, so be prepared! :cool:

[quote name='Barry Burton']the series only has about 12 games total and about 7 movies, none of you even know my user name is a character in the first game[/QUOTE]

"That was too close! You were almost a Jill sandwich!"

[quote name='Barry Burton']code veronica is a completely different style of game, it's survival horror

i'm biased because the series is my favorite of all time, but it sure as hell is worth 400 points

people spend just as much if not more on mediocre at best arcade games, can't go wrong with a cheap price for a classic game[/QUOTE]

It's still a Resident Evil game at it's core. While I personally love both Code Veronica and RE4, if he didn't like 5 or 6, I don't think he's going to like the others. Resident Evil may not be the series for him.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']LOL, u will have no idea whats going on, just read the games story on wiki or something. But story isn't really important to re anyway, just shoot zombies and run away alot lol. Oh and the next Assassins Creed game iis gonna have PIRATES in it!![/QUOTE]

thanks good advice -- will look at wiki before playing- thanks

as for not playing any before I have only been gaming for two years. I usually do not like to play a franchise without starting from the beginning. By the time I started gaming they were working on re6 and I do not even know where to find the first games ( if even possible ) in the series-- I repent my gaming sins! :D

[quote name='bardockkun']Could've done without mentioning the movies. Those movies don't benefit the franchise in anyway. Otherwise, yeah, 3 console generations and people having never played it is pretty amazing.[/QUOTE]

i mentioned the movies because they made the series famous to people that have never played a video game in their life

people here buy bad games that are cheap and probably never heard of, i would've thought they would've tried a mainstream game franchise at least once since it was released in 96

[quote name='Junpei']If you never played any Resident Evil before Code: Veronica you're going to be quite confused: past characters and events are referenced a lot, and the story is rather twisted to begin with. It is advisable to read at least a recap of past games somewhere.

I found this YouTube playlist last October while I was searching for something to summarize the story up until RE4, so you can take a look too as it helped me immensely: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL81A4B767A6CDA3DF

Above all, keep in mind that you're in for a TRUE OLD SCHOOL experience: that means annoying fixed camera angles, tons of backtracking and a lack of substantial clues about where to go next, which can lead to countless minutes of wandering aimlessly through the levels. Make no mistake, I do love this game but I'm well aware of its shortcomings, so be prepared! :cool:[/QUOTE]

awesome-- thanks alot I just purchased the game so I will watch the video and read wiki before playing. make sure I have a feel of the franchise before playing-- thanks everyone-- very appreciated

[quote name='Tsel']It's still a Resident Evil game at it's core. While I personally love both Code Veronica and RE4, if he didn't like 5 or 6, I don't think he's going to like the others. Resident Evil may not be the series for him.[/QUOTE]

you don't think the gameplay in code veronica is completely different than 4 - 6?

i would say if you didn't like 5 and 6 you probably won't like 4, but code veronica is a totally different resident evil

if somebody is interested in the series they should start with the original, reading a wiki page isn't the same as playing through a game, i don't think anybody can fully enjoy resident evil 5 when they didn't experience chris and wesker's story in the original

wouldn't return of the jedi be less enjoyable if you didn't actually watch star wars?

I don't know, I didn't like 5 really and never played 6 but RE4 is one of my favorite games of all time. I don't know how well it holds up since I haven't actually played it in a few years but from what I remember it was awesome.

[quote name='Barry Burton']you don't think the gameplay in code veronica is completely different than 4 - 6?

i would say if you didn't like 5 and 6 you probably won't like 4, but code veronica is a totally different resident evil

if somebody is interested in the series they should start with the original, reading a wiki page isn't the same as playing through a game, i don't think anybody can fully enjoy resident evil 5 when they didn't experience chris and wesker's story in the original

wouldn't return of the jedi be less enjoyable if you didn't actually watch star wars?[/QUOTE]

He complained about the controls feeling wonky in 5 and 6. The controls honestly get worse as we go back so, if anything, I think he might like 4 but he won't like Code Veronica.

[quote name='Barry Burton']i mentioned the movies because they made the series famous to people that have never played a video game in their life

people here buy bad games that are cheap and probably never heard of, i would've thought they would've tried a mainstream game franchise at least once since it was released in 96[/QUOTE]
I Know of no one and don't even know of people who know of people who became RE fans because of the films. Then again I know of no one who even likes those films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back