XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irafreak']Rats. I could've saved you the trouble. Use this link http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5614459&posted=1#post5614459 to check on the current region free stuff that's on sale now. Page 4 should be the link and it shows the details on what works and doesn't. Someone already tried civ. I went ahead and paid the 800 for it because I was upset I passed at 1200 last sale. But I did get two really good deals and debating a third from the hungarian marketplace.[/QUOTE]

What were the other really good deals in the other marketplaces? Saw Max Payne 3 and picked up KoFXIII. Always interested in the super cheap.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Can say you can skip Kane & Lynch, the game feels frustratingly dated and uninspired.[/QUOTE]

the second one is pretty meh but the first one was rather fun and had its own style.

and yes the MK games have crazy achievements but so do a lot of fighting games. do not buy those games to achievement whore them. you can get to about 500 or 600 points easily enough but after that its all insanity.

[quote name='kayne2000']the second one is pretty meh but the first one was rather fun and had its own style.

and yes the MK games have crazy achievements but so do a lot of fighting games. do not buy those games to achievement whore them. you can get to about 500 or 600 points easily enough but after that its all insanity.[/QUOTE]
The second one I think only stood out for the presentation of the game. Otherwise I've had no fun with the franchise, the hallucinations when playing co-op were kinda cool in the first game, but it still didn't have anything that made it worthwhile. Especially when there is a large market of much better third person shooters.

i also found the story somewhat interesting and told and in fun fashion in the first one. sure the gameplay wasnt amazing....but the characters had their own life. at least thats how i remember it. you were literally two crazy drug addicts escaping a mental ward willing to do anything to save your kid and they really were psycho enough that you didnt know what they were plotting lol.

in the second one its just blah go from point A to point B for some reason. and the crazy style of the first one isnt present.

the person i co-oped both of them with agreed as well.

but eh to each there own.

[quote name='kayne2000']i also found the story somewhat interesting and told and in fun fashion in the first one. sure the gameplay wasnt amazing....but the characters had their own life. at least thats how i remember it. you were literally two crazy drug addicts escaping a mental ward willing to do anything to save your kid and they really were psycho enough that you didnt know what they were plotting lol.

in the second one its just blah go from point A to point B for some reason. and the crazy style of the first one isnt present.

the person i co-oped both of them with agreed as well.

but eh to each there own.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough. I Chose the "plane" ending simply because I felt done with the game, but yeah it isn't for me. Though I did enjoy how much they used from the movie Heat right down to the bank heist and of course Lynch's design directly based off Kevin Gage.

[quote name='gotdott']the sonic fighters, etc, are going to be a daily rather than part of the dotw?[/QUOTE]

It's in the OP, they are the dotw next week. There will be no more daily GoD specials after today as part of this special sale.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It's in the OP, they are the dotw next week. There will be no more daily GoD specials after today as part of this special sale.[/QUOTE]

ah yea thanks, i saw that before but i misread someone's post and thought it was going to be a different dotw

[quote name='Chrono Gear']What were the other really good deals in the other marketplaces? Saw Max Payne 3 and picked up KoFXIII. Always interested in the super cheap.[/QUOTE]
I got KOF and SFXTEkken (880msp) considering orange box for 400...fallout 3 is 160 but looks too gory for my tastes also L4D2 was 400. Wish this sale would just end so I can stop trying to buy stuff I will never play but is too cheap to walk away from without looking back over my shoulder...

Picked up Dirt 2 and Grid. Debated on El Shaddai and King of Fighters XIII but figured I would never get around to playing El Shaddai for any decent amount of time and already have quite a few fighting games that I haven't gotten in depth with including King of Fighters XI(Plus I don't have gold)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It's in the OP, they are the dotw next week. There will be no more daily GoD specials after today as part of this special sale.[/QUOTE]
And it shall be dearly missed

[quote name='vamn']The DLC is just Tomb Raider: Anniversary divided up into episode packs.[/QUOTE]
Play Tomb Raider Anniversary twice?! Considering I haven't played it one time, I'll wait for the dlc to go on sale. I'll wait and get the disc of both Legend and Anniversary. Thanks

Having trouble deciding on last minute purchases and if any of these are worth it Max Payne 3 (beat disc 1 long ago with free redbox rental), L4D2 (sadly my friends all have it on steam & im an xboxer) or MGS collection (only played mgs4 & get tense with super stealth games)

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Having trouble deciding on last minute purchases and if any of these are worth it Max Payne 3 (beat disc 1 long ago with free redbox rental), L4D2 (sadly my friends all have it on steam & im an xboxer) or MGS collection (only played mgs4 & get tense with super stealth games)[/QUOTE]

Replied to you in the other thread, but my vote goes MGSHD:)

Final haul of;
Mk vs. dcu
Orange box
Left 4 dead 2
RE4 and Code Veronica
El Shaddai

Had to exercise willpower holding of on Fallout 3 and Grid/ Dirt

[quote name='RealDeals']...Had to exercise willpower holding of on Fallout 3...[/QUOTE]

But you're Vault Boy :shock:

Here's hoping they have other things besides those Sega fighters this week. So far the only maybe is Nights into Dreams.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only they had Borderlands 2 season pass on sale again...

Harrumph! :(

Grabbed the Might n Magic game for 240 at least, rest I've played / have.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Having trouble deciding on last minute purchases and if any of these are worth it Max Payne 3 (beat disc 1 long ago with free redbox rental), L4D2 (sadly my friends all have it on steam & im an xboxer) or MGS collection (only played mgs4 & get tense with super stealth games)[/QUOTE]

MGS HD - you get two brilliant games with tons of content for your money. Also both of these titles are better than MGS4. :)

DotW day, MS are on a roll lately. Some amazing deals.

[quote name='the Gooseler']But you're Vault Boy :shock:

[/QUOTE]
LOL I already have the GOTY copies on both systems, have platinumed/1000'd the game on both systems plus all the DLC. I would just love to boot it up without having to pop in the disc. I actually broke down and got it right before you posted haha :lol: Can you tell I really fucking love Fallout 3? :booty:

While pondering if VF5FS was worth the price, I saw that not only did they remove the amazing "arcade simulator" single player mode of 5 vanilla, but the only way they let you customize your character now is through pricey DLC packs, without which you can't even access the Special Sparring mode... really bad move, like Capcpom bad, so that's a no for me.

Wow, people really care about superfluous customization items that do absolutely nothing and a glorified arcade mode over actual amazing gameplay? No, I'd rather not have the best fighting game ever made, it doesn't have enough worthless padding.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Agreed. Snoopy Flying Ace is Crimson Skies with a Peanuts paint job. Great gameplay. I need to play it more.[/QUOTE]

I had heard that before purchasing it, but I was pretty disappointed. I thought Crimson Skies had much better courses, modes, planes, etc.

[quote name='Eggman']Wow, people really care about superfluous customization items that do absolutely nothing and a glorified arcade mode over actual amazing gameplay? No, I'd rather not have the best fighting game ever made, it doesn't have enough worthless padding.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I often amaze myself looking at what lengths I can reach to avoid futile purchases... :cool:

Jokes aside, I really don't like this "extra bucks for extra colors" philosophy adopted by almost all recent beat'em ups to milk out cash from customers. I acknowledge the undisputed superiority of VF5 in its field, it even managed to catch my attention as a complete 3D brawler n00b and made me spend countles hours on its 4EVO and 5 incarnations (even though I was an ardent fan of the Bloody Roar franchise too... bring it back, Konami!), but I just can't stand this fragmented policy for games and I'd rather wait for a "complete" edition (which will never come for VF5FS, but I'm generally speaking) than buy an "incomplete" product, even if the extras it's missing are cosmetics only.

So yeah, mine's only a personal justification and a critic to Sega's way of thinking. That said, however, the week's long and I might bite anyway since the game is really great... talk about willpower! :lol:

[quote name='bardockkun']I Can say you can skip Kane & Lynch, the game feels frustratingly dated and uninspired.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I re-downloaded the demo and got that impression but I also bought K&L2 from Newegg for $10 a couple months ago and decided I'll play the original first.

The demo for El Shaddai wasn't that great so I passed and I vaguely recall liking the demo for DM when it came out like 5 years ago so i did get it at $3. I enjoyed the demo for Dirt 1 and wanted it but Dirt 2 was announced quickly after so I waited and this was a great price.

Total Haul:
MK vs DCU $5 + K&L $5 + Dirt 2 $5 + DM $3 = $18 / 2 (Target points) = $9 spent. :)

I decided to splurge since I didn't get the Crashed Ice or Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 like I originally planned.

This week I'll check out all the cheap 160 MSP games but I'm still trying to be good and not buy games I'm only vaguely interested in even at that price. I'd rather spend that money on a good 400-800 MSP game than 2-4 mediocre 200 MSP games.

[quote name='Eggman']Wow, people really care about superfluous customization items that do absolutely nothing and a glorified arcade mode over actual amazing gameplay? No, I'd rather not have the best fighting game ever made, it doesn't have enough worthless padding.[/QUOTE]

create a character modes can be amazing so its understandable to some degree.

and then there is the DLC policy of this game which is mindbogglingly insane.

Karateka's dropped to 400 on the UK marketplace. It still says 800 with no gold exclusive price doodad but then at the purchase screen it says 400.

Might grab all of the Sega fighters if the price is right, I enjoyed playing these in the past and wouldn't mind going through them again on 360. Can't wait for Terraria either later this month, loved it on computer but tend to play more consoles.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Might grab all of the Sega fighters if the price is right, I enjoyed playing these in the past and wouldn't mind going through them again on 360. Can't wait for Terraria either later this month, loved it on computer but tend to play more consoles.[/QUOTE]
The preliminary list with the prices are in the OP (in a spoiler) in case you missed it.

[quote name='shivan128']The preliminary list with the prices are in the OP (in a spoiler) in case you missed it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't see that; thank you for posting that! I'm definitely getting the 160 point ones, and will probably grab the newer VF for 400 as well.

Just Sonic The Virtua Fighting Vipers for me. Already had the trials downloaded yesterday (not that big of downloads, about 250MB total for all 3) & I have Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD on PSN and NiGHTS.

You're missing part of the point. The unlocking of said items. Its like COD. Yeah the multiplayer is a blast, but the leveling up and prestiging and unlocking weapons is the icing on the cake (this is proven by so many and their desire to prestige over and over...). You can talk all you want about how good a game is at its core gameplay...but VF5 offers more incentive to come back for more (replayability).

I'm looking forward to finding out what this week's sales and specials app has. Anyone know what time it usually updates? Also you can only access it from your xbox correct?

[quote name='bfowlaaa']I'm looking forward to finding out what this week's sales and specials app has. Anyone know what time it usually updates? Also you can only access it from your xbox correct?[/QUOTE]

Usually around 5am PST, but sometimes (well, often, and lately) it's been up to a few hours later.

Also tried the trial of Nights...not as exciting as I thought hum thought for 400 it would be a no brainer but well...not convincinh enough right now...

Oh yeah and new Shenmue 3 rumours...maybe it will be a funded per kickstarter....(also didn't know that it should have been 10 parts originally lol oO)
Well for me I would be glad to have a remake of the first two games and a Port from Skies of Arcadia Legends from Gamecube...(because more content than the DC version)

[quote name='irafreak']You're missing part of the point. The unlocking of said items. Its like COD. Yeah the multiplayer is a blast, but the leveling up and prestiging and unlocking weapons is the icing on the cake (this is proven by so many and their desire to prestige over and over...). You can talk all you want about how good a game is at its core gameplay...but VF5 offers more incentive to come back for more (replayability).[/QUOTE]

Actually, to this end, a huge chunk of VF5 single player charm was that, by visiting virtual arcades and beating local regulars and tourneys, you were awarded items for your character, so it was a nice self-gratification and a way to challenge yourself against preset AI who mimicked human behaviour at best of their possibilities, since we all know that Virtua Fighter is more about the ability to read your opponent's movements and gaming conduct rather than to chain endless combos together.

At least, they could've preserved some items to unlock after some matches or fixed conditions, akin to COD in a way, but instead they preferred to let you buy all items at once without even starting to play. It's the IAP mobile axiom ported straight to home consoles, although Namco Bandai still reigns undisputed in this rank. It doesn't deduct anything from the game per se, but it was a fun extra which kept things interesting, and that's why I'm still on the fence...

[quote name='MoCiWe']Can't wait for Terraria either later this month, loved it on computer but tend to play more consoles.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know. I've played it some on PC but I've purposely restrained myself from playing the PC version of Terraria the past few months because I found out the XBLA version was coming so soon... and it's so hard to do that... because that game is amazing.

This is insane talk. Get VF:FS, play online, level up online fighting against solid players who are constantly forcing you to step up your game and all that single player stuff will start to feel shallow and uninteresting, trust me.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']This is insane talk. Get VF:FS, play online, level up online fighting against solid players who are constantly forcing you to step up your game and all that single player stuff will start to feel shallow and uninteresting, trust me.[/QUOTE]

playing fighters online is often not even close to fun. theres almost always too huge a skill gap and the community for fighting games is second worst only to the WWE games. where Win Loss records have some value people quit out at a lot higher rate and there is usually a way to cheese your way to victory in fighting games.

and if the game is laggy at all we have the icing on the cake.

not saying it cant be fun but ive yet to run across a fighting game online that was at least 80% that. unlike COD or something you dont die and respawn you must keep fighting this person or add to the problem and quit.

^Yes it does. It's really where the vast majority of XBLA games should be priced anyway. With the Nexuiz servers shutting down, I wouldn't touch Special Forces Team X for even 100 MSP.

I'm also looking forward to see what's on the Sales & Specials app this week. I think it's about time Pid got a sale, that's what I'm hoping for...

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm also looking forward to see what's on the Sales & Specials app this week. I think it's about time Pid got a sale, that's what I'm hoping for...[/QUOTE]

I second that, the game teased my interest as soon as I watched its first E3 gameplay... although I would not mind another round of Dance Central 3 tracks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back