XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope the download doesn't stop at 99% hehe

If some of you manage to download the whole game and play before me (I'm still about 7 hours from that -.-) please post here!

[quote name='Estbarul']I just hope the download doesn't stop at 99% hehe

If some of you manage to download the whole game and play before me (I'm still about 7 hours from that -.-) please post here![/QUOTE]

I've gotten it working, loaded it up, checked out uPlay, no problems whatsoever;) just keep an eye on it. Mine ended at about 50% the first time, saying it was done. I was able to restart it without losing any progress, but I'm not sure the sort of window for this would be.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I've gotten it working, loaded it up, checked out uPlay, no problems whatsoever;) just keep an eye on it. Mine ended at about 50% the first time, saying it was done. I was able to restart it without losing any progress, but I'm not sure the sort of window for this would be.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, hope it works for the rest of us then, thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah I've downloaded and played the game as well, I tried the multi-player, wasn't a fan.[/QUOTE]

The single download includes both SP and MP right, unlike the disc?
I have it queue'd up but I haven't started downloading it yet. I do have the disc version as well, but if this stays, I can just sell my disc version.

[quote name='Twista48']did I seriously miss ACIII for free?

sunnova......[/QUOTE]

In the same camp, though luckily, I'm staring at my friend's AC3 copy so its not that bad

[quote name='BillyDavid']Is that insane deal's with a Hungarian account still going on? I just now heard about it on gamefaqs.[/QUOTE]

Yeh, most games are 75% off on HU market instead of 50% off like the US.

Oh an I snagged AC3 earlier this morning on CH and I didn't make it home to DL until 1am. It's at 2% right now. Looks like its still a go for those that snagged it on the market place prior to it being taken off

Wooo! Got my free Assassin's Creed III thanks to the migration trick.

And looking at all my XBLA purchases, I don't believe I've ever spent 3200 on JUST XBLA games ever. Closest I ever came to it I think was 2800, but if it counted DLC as well I'm sure I'd get the 800 points back.

[quote name='Twista48']did I seriously miss ACIII for free?

sunnova......[/QUOTE]

Well can't complain when I worked OT today. Then again, I bought ACIII for $20ish on Amazon (After using that coupon from the Vita ACIII BF Deal) and still sealed. :lol:

Everyone that did the ACIII exploit shouldn't be worried about not finishing the download the first time. It should be in your download history, just restart it. To the system you "own" the game so....

I think it's about time I look into this Hungarian account thing. I haven't seen a thread specifically for it.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Everyone that did the ACIII exploit shouldn't be worried about not finishing the download the first time. It should be in your download history, just restart it. To the system you "own" the game so....

I think it's about time I look into this Hungarian account thing. I haven't seen a thread specifically for it.[/QUOTE]

Mods deleted that thread and the free AC3 thread too...you'll have to dig through this thread or look on other sites for the info. Not sure what the big deal is but hey I'm not a mod.

[quote name='bardockkun']Wooo! Got my free Assassin's Creed III thanks to the migration trick.

And looking at all my XBLA purchases, I don't believe I've ever spent 3200 on JUST XBLA games ever. Closest I ever came to it I think was 2800, but if it counted DLC as well I'm sure I'd get the 800 points back.[/QUOTE]

just FYI it's only for purchases made in april. I'm in the same boat though, I've only spent maybe 1200-1600 total, which leaves a ton of games for me to scoop up as part of this deal. Glad Microsoft finally got their act together on offering a decent deal:applause:

And yeah, the mods have been going crazy this last week:bomb:almost missed the free AC3 because of it

Just a quick question, but would stuff like Star Wars Pinball count towards the arcade game purchases? I was planning on picking that up with Terraria and if that helps towards the 3200 points that would be awesome, but I think it's considered more of a add on even though it's a new set of tables.

Should I migrate my chinese account first or just wait and see if it can download? Plus, does anyone know if I can still use the AC III disc even if I have the game installed as a GoD game on the hard drive?

P.S. For anyone who wants to know, some idiot posted the steps on how to get the game step by step on the Ubisoft forum (obviously taken down) so I'm pretty sure Microsoft is/has caught onto this.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Just a quick question, but would stuff like Star Wars Pinball count towards the arcade game purchases? I was planning on picking that up with Terraria and if that helps towards the 3200 points that would be awesome, but I think it's considered more of a add on even though it's a new set of tables.[/QUOTE]

I think that would only count toward the spending one

[quote name='Masters_93']Should I migrate my chinese account first or just wait and see if it can download? Plus, does anyone know if I can still use the AC III disc even if I have the game installed as a GoD game on the hard drive?

P.S. For anyone who wants to know, some idiot posted the steps on how to get the game step by step on the Ubisoft forum (obviously taken down) so I'm pretty sure Microsoft is/has caught onto this.[/QUOTE]

I just migrated it first because I couldn't even add it to the DL queue through the Chinese website, kept giving me an error. Once it was a US account I could just DL it from the US marketplace. Set it up last night and confirmed fine this morning.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It disappeared along with the app's updates.[/QUOTE]

Oh. They're not updating it anymore? Bummer.

Note for the OP: At the very beginning of the post, it states:
[Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), the "Sales & Specials+" dashboard app]

Just a heads up if you want to edit that part.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Oh. They're not updating it anymore? Bummer.

Note for the OP: At the very beginning of the post, it states:
[Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), the "Sales & Specials+" dashboard app]

Just a heads up if you want to edit that part.[/QUOTE]

Your wish is my command!

And yes, it does completely suck that they've let it die, but we've had enough non-DOTW sales in recent times that it evens out, I think.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I think that would only count toward the spending one[/QUOTE]

That's the one I want the most, so I hope you're right! I'm set on live so while the free month would be cool I'm good with what I got. Was gonna pick up Terraria at launch but decided to wait until April, so if I get both of those I'll be at 2000 on the first, so I'll already be over half way to the 10 bucks!

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Your wish is my command!

And yes, it does completely suck that they've let it die, but we've had enough non-DOTW sales in recent times that it evens out, I think.[/QUOTE]

Oh its Wiki post! :shock: haha

April 1st deals:

Code:
Spring Sale	Original 	Sale Price	Savings
Assassin’s Creed 3 Season Pass 	2400	1600	33%
Battlefield 3 Aftermath	        1200	600	50%
Fallout 3 : Point Lookout        800	200	75%
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta	 800	200	75%
Fallout 3: Broken Steel          800	200	75%
Fallout 3: The Pitt	         800	200	75%
Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage	 800	200	75%
Dishonored – Dunwall City Trials 400	160	60%
The Amazing Spider-Man GonD	$49.99	$19.99	60%

Please let that be an April Fools joke. I'll at least get the Dishonored DLC, but if you haven't gotten the Fallout 3 DLC by now, you're probably not interested in getting it at all.

[quote name='Tsel']Please let that be an April Fools joke. I'll at least get the Dishonored DLC, but if you haven't gotten the Fallout 3 DLC by now, you're probably not interested in getting it at all.[/QUOTE]

I haven't got it simply because I haven't even started my vanilla copy:cry:For 200 points a piece, I might pick up one or two. Which ones would you guys consider essential?

[quote name='benjamouth']I'd have thought about that AC3 Season Pass, but that isn't cheap enough.[/QUOTE]
Just keep an eye on the Chinese marketplace. ;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I haven't got it simply because I haven't even started my vanilla copy:cry:For 200 points a piece, I might pick up one or two. Which ones would you guys consider essential?[/QUOTE]
Instead you play Bloodstone 007?! What the fuck man?!?

And Broken Steel and Point Lookout.

[quote name='bardockkun']Instead you play Bloodstone 007?! What the fuck man?!?

And Broken Steel and Point Lookout.[/QUOTE]

that was a rental (had to finish up my blockbuster trial). It was pretty bad, yes, but I'm not one to pass on a free game to play. And thanks:)

Debating on hearthfire dlc. No real desire to play house but one review said you could store your nod companions there. Any other benefits to this dlc?
How long to build a house that enables storing companions? Thanks.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']April 1st deals:

Code:
Spring Sale	Original 	Sale Price	Savings
Assassin’s Creed 3 Season Pass 	2400	1600	33%
Battlefield 3 Aftermath	        1200	600	50%
Fallout 3 : Point Lookout        800	200	75%
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta	 800	200	75%
Fallout 3: Broken Steel          800	200	75%
Fallout 3: The Pitt	         800	200	75%
Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage	 800	200	75%
Dishonored – Dunwall City Trials 400	160	60%
The Amazing Spider-Man GonD	$49.99	$19.99	60%
[/QUOTE]

This is an April Fools joke... right guys? Guys....:puke:

Atleast FO3 DLCs have never been this cheap, am I right?

I hope these are just the worst ones. Might pick up Dishonored DLC for that cheap.

1600 points for the season pass isn't bad especially since all of the DLC isn't out yet and majority of the people here got the game free

The Fallout 3 dlc seems to be priced good. $12.50 for all of it. Gamestop has the used expansion discs for $5 and $8, and you won't get Mothership Zeta with them.

The funny thing is the $5 Fallout 3 GonD plus this dlc will raise the price to a couple bucks more than what a Fallout 3: GOTY would have cost me.

Fallout 3 is going to be my new Deus Ex: Human Revolution. A game I haven't gotten around to playing yet, but I'm buying all the dlc because it's on sale.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']

What about the Red Dead Redemption DLC?[/QUOTE]

I was really hoping for that one.

[quote name='Hummer77x']Is Amazing Spiderman any good? Thats the only thing thats really enticing to me here[/QUOTE]

Buy it from Gamefly. It's def. worth a playthrough but not really a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back