XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zombieking779']Wow.... Thanks I didn't even realize that since I was doing the daily scratch and match thing. Thanks for the quick response.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for quoting me so I can realize I don't know how to spell dead.

Though yeah it sucks that they stopped it out of no where.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Don't sweat it, skip Mothership Zeta. Point Lookout and Broken Steel are easily the most important two. Operation Anchorage and The Pitt are both decent, Zeta honestly kind of stinks.[/QUOTE]

I liked zeta cuz lotsa alien weapons but that was just me.

Here is a silly question to some I am sure. I was one of the people who got AC3 for free and migrated it over to the US. If I download the Season Pass (still on the fence about that) on my main account, I assume both will work fine together on my main account so long as both profiles exist on the same 360?

[quote name='Obiwan456']I really hope dlc and GOD count towards those punchcards, because I might get quite a few things here, that will cover the $40.[/QUOTE]

Nope, just arcade games :p

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Here is a silly question to some I am sure. I was one of the people who got AC3 for free and migrated it over to the US. If I download the Season Pass (still on the fence about that) on my main account, I assume both will work fine together on my main account so long as both profiles exist on the same 360?[/QUOTE]
yes

Hmmm I noticed in my games AC3 never finished downloading. I migrated it to NA and it said I own it, but when I try to download it it stays at 0%. Is this the issue everyone who has not downloaded it experiencing as well?

EDIT: Never mind my internet just sucks...it's at 1% finally.

[quote name='bardockkun']That "other" marketplace has Amazing Spider-man for 880 points...[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that MP require 800 MSP (and up) cards only? I googled this yesterday and thats what the site said so you'd have to buy 2 800 and it would still be paying $20 for one game, with some left over that you could never spend if nothing you want goes on sale.

man I caved hard, bought all the Walking Dead games, all the FOC DLC and bought War For Cybertron

if I had enough points right now id probably be buying Dawnguard and Dragonborn too

[quote name='jasonfletc']Dunwall Trials is still showing up for 400 msp. Anyone actually getting it for 120?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't start until tomorrow morning.

I'm really starting to get bummed out that these are the only deals:cry: I was hoping I'd have something worthwhile to start my punchcards off, but it seems pointless to spend my MP this early going in. Holding out for a good DotW

[quote name='bardockkun']That "other" marketplace has Amazing Spider-man for 880 points...[/QUOTE]

can it be played with a US account and bought with bing points?

[quote name='Barry Burton']can it be played with a US account and bought with bing points?[/QUOTE]
According to Play-Asia who's usually a good indicator with these kinda things, there's no region protection with it.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']AC3 Season Pass shows 1600 on xbox site, but when you go to download it switches back to 2400...hopefully that's only temporary.[/QUOTE]

Fixed, it stays at 1600 now. I guess I'm in for one.

[quote name='deszaras']Those April's day sales were what I was waiting for and I'm really disappointed. I've been on the fence for the Skyrim Dragonborn and Hearthfire DLC. Are they worth it?[/QUOTE]

Dragonborn yes; Hearthfire, eh, if you want to build your own house and adopt kids, sure.

Tempting...i bought Shattered Dimentons for 600 points other day.

[quote name='Elite49']Doesn't that MP require 800 MSP (and up) cards only? I googled this yesterday and thats what the site said so you'd have to buy 2 800 and it would still be paying $20 for one game, with some left over that you could never spend if nothing you want goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Bing 400 and 100msp work fine.

[quote name='Barry Burton']can it be played with a US account and bought with bing points?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's confirmed as Region Free - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5670449&postcount=161

[quote name='gordojones88']Is this sale supposed to be a joke?

I feel I am entitled to be outraged.[/QUOTE]

They don't HAVE to have an April 1st sale. You're not entitled to that whatsoever.

Considering this is possibly the last fool's day for this current (next) gen, I personally feel that MS dropped the ball by not having Horse Armor on sale for 80msp or free.

It would have wrapped up this entire generation of digital gaming/dlc silliness perfectly. Boo to you, Microsoft, for not even trying to be clever.

Wow, fuck you Microsoft for putting Fallout 3 DLC on sale AGAIN, for the billionth time, while again neglecting New Vegas.

At this rate I'll find New Vegas Ultimate for $10 faster than getting the last two DLC I need.

Pretty bad "deals," but I did get the DLC for Dishonored. I almost bought it at launch, but figured it would go on sale fairly quickly and decided to wait...good thing.

The Season Pass for Assassin's Creed is also tempting.

Gonna pick Dishonored DLC as well. Hate to buy DLC for games I don't own yet, but still, it's a good deal.

edit: no, on second thought, today I won't be buying anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking the people who actually played Dishonored...are the achievements hard to get? The DLC has some high ratios, wanted to buy the game at some point so debating to get the dlc now...

Also debating to get the AC3 Season Pass...didn't know it includes all pre-order stuff...got all of them near release was a hard work to gather them all meh

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Asking the people who actually played Dishonored...are the achievements hard to get? The DLC has some high ratios, wanted to buy the game at some point so debating to get the dlc now...

Also debating to get the AC3 Season Pass...didn't know it includes all pre-order stuff...got all of them near release was a hard work to gather them all meh[/QUOTE]

The game isn't hard to 1000 but it is a little annoying not being able to be seen or kill anyone. It does take a good chunk of time, around 20-30 hours. The DLC I have not played but the few people I have seen play it seem to unlock only 1 or 2 Achievements so I would guess they are challenging.

With the assassins creed season pass, is this a season pass that includes all dlc or just some of it?
Also, would you recommend someone that does not have the game and will probably not get and play it for a while yet to get, or should i wait for dlc to come cheaper?

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']The game isn't hard to 1000 but it is a little annoying not being able to be seen or kill anyone. It does take a good chunk of time, around 20-30 hours. The DLC I have not played but the few people I have seen play it seem to unlock only 1 or 2 Achievements so I would guess they are challenging.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so basically it's the same like AC...the missions where you can't get detected or kill anyone are slightly more challenging there too...but not to hard at all I think I will get the DLC then...

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Thanks so basically it's the same like AC...the missions where you can't get detected or kill anyone are slightly more challenging there too...but not to hard at all I think I will get the DLC then...[/QUOTE]

Yea except this is for the entire game you can not kill. When you do play it be careful where you place unconscious bodies because if they roll into water they drown and it counts as you killing them.

Took the AC3 Season Pass after having downloaded the game from my chinese account (if you know what I mean) and then a doubt struck me... do the GoD version come with Uplay Passport? I'm asking because I'm given the option to buy that for 800 MSP in the Extra screen, whereas other packs included with the Season Pass are showing as already bought... I mean, I should not complain since I got the game at the most favorable price ever, but man do I HATE with a FIERY PASSION this absurd level of content fragmentation...

[quote name='Junpei']Took the AC3 Season Pass after having downloaded the game from my chinese account (if you know what I mean) and then a doubt struck me... do the GoD version come with Uplay Passport? I'm asking because I'm given the option to buy that for 800 MSP in the Extra screen, whereas other packs included with the Season Pass are showing as already bought... I mean, I should not complain since I got the game at the most favorable price ever, but man do I HATE with a FIERY PASSION this absurd level of content fragmentation...[/QUOTE]

Let me know if the Season Pass works correctly with that version of the game. I was thinking about purchasing it today due to the sale.. but am hesitant for the reasons you gave and the description of the pass: "The season pass is not compatible with the Traditional Chinese / Japanese / Korean version of AC3."

[quote name='Junpei']Took the AC3 Season Pass after having downloaded the game from my chinese account (if you know what I mean) and then a doubt struck me... do the GoD version come with Uplay Passport? I'm asking because I'm given the option to buy that for 800 MSP in the Extra screen, whereas other packs included with the Season Pass are showing as already bought... I mean, I should not complain since I got the game at the most favorable price ever, but man do I HATE with a FIERY PASSION this absurd level of content fragmentation...[/QUOTE]

GoD versions include online passes/Uplay passports. I think they even have all previous title updates in the file.

[quote name='gospelman']Let me know if the Season Pass works correctly with that version of the game. I was thinking about purchasing it today due to the sale.. but am hesitant for the reasons you gave and the description of the pass: "The season pass is not compatible with the Traditional Chinese / Japanese / Korean version of AC3."[/QUOTE]

I've actually changed my chinese profile's region before downloading the game, so I took both that and the Season Pass from EU Marketplace and they worked perfectly together. You may want to do the same from Microsoft's Account Migration page before buying the pass :)

[quote name='Junpei']I've actually changed my chinese profile's region before downloading the game, so I took both that and the Season Pass from EU Marketplace and they worked perfectly together. You may want to do the same from Microsoft's Account Migration page before buying the pass :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've migrated the account already. The game download wouldn't complete otherwise. Sounds like the US version of the season pass would work fine with it then. In this case, I don't mind throwing some MS points at the DLC considering the initial cost of the game in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back