XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']If I'm correct in thinking WFC is the first Transformers game, it was dead pretty much a month after it launched. Sure, you can probably find a few people playing it, but don't expect to be able to jump into a game like you would Halo or COD. A shame too, because the multiplayer is actually pretty fun. I might be confusing WFC with FOC though, so forgive me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

This is actually wrong. I played the Transformers WFC game about 9 months after it released and there were plenty of people playing. In the 100s but not the 1000s. Good enough for me. You were not running into the same people all the time. Today though is a different story...have not played it in half a year but I am pretty sure you could still find some games. The new Transformers FOC still has active multiplayer as well.

I recommend Axel & Pixel for anyone on the fence. The game is a point and click style game with a nice art style. Plus the game is a fairly easy 200/200. On a side note though I finally booted up Snoopys Flying Aces and I was shocked to see people still play it online.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']When GOTYs come out, are they usually full price? I've yet to play Skyrim and I'm doing the math of a Skyrim GoD code+DLC at these sale prices vs the cost of GOTY on its release day but I can't recall a GOTY price when it just comes out. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

GOTY versions of game usually come out anywhere between $30-$60. It depends on how long the game has been out, how much DLC it has/how expensive all of the DLC is and partially how much the game originally sold for.

I'd expect the Skyrim GOTY to be around $60, if it comes out within a few months $50 if it's going to be further down the road.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']come on guys a little help...already have all of the summer games which will be included in the microsoft sale, also almost got everything from tomorrows xbla dotw...soo any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Buy it.....it's not like it's my money. ;)

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']GOTY versions of game usually come out anywhere between $30-$60. It depends on how long the game has been out, how much DLC it has/how expensive all of the DLC is and partially how much the game originally sold for.

I'd expect the Skyrim GOTY to be around $60, if it comes out within a few months $50 if it's going to be further down the road.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I've been trying to look what games like Fallout and Oblivion GOTYs went for at release to get somewhat of a quote, and I've been thinking $60 too because of the price of the DLC. Wonder if there's more to be released too. GoD and this DLC is like 42.50 so a better deal unless more DLC comes out.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Thanks. I've been trying to look what games like Fallout and Oblivion GOTYs went for at release to get somewhat of a quote, and I've been thinking $60 too because of the price of the DLC. Wonder if there's more to be released too. GoD and this DLC is like 42.50 so a better deal unless more DLC comes out.[/QUOTE]
They are planning to release at least one more DLC. The word Redguard was floating around relating to Skyrim.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']They are planning to release at least one more DLC. The word Redguard was floating around relating to Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...interesting. Just looked it up and that changes everything. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll hold for the GOTY.

Trying to decide if Amazing Spider-Man is worth it for 880. I may as well just hold out for a disc copy to drop for $10. I've already seen them for as low as $13.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Send some nudes to Major Nelson's twitter and he might give it up.[/QUOTE]

I would pay big monies to buy a birthday suit for my avatard.

Deals almost over so might as well ask, but how does Midnight Club: LA compare to other racers? Specifically Burnout and the Criterion Need for Speed games.

So I picked up the AC3 Season Pass and got at least a Connor Outfit from raptr aya wish they still would have the eagle pet but well didn't want to buy the season pass when it was 2400 and they were still available lol

[quote name='bardockkun']Deals almost over so might as well ask, but how does Midnight Club: LA compare to other racers? Specifically Burnout and the Criterion Need for Speed games.[/QUOTE]

If it's Anythjng like MC 2 or 3, it's very similar to Burnout Paradise. There aren't crashes and whatnot, but I thought MC2 was really fun.

Oh. And when will we find out about the WWE deals?

[quote name='plus1zero']If it's Anythjng like MC 2 or 3, it's very similar to Burnout Paradise. There aren't crashes and whatnot, but I thought MC2 was really fun.

Oh. And when will we find out about the WWE deals?[/QUOTE]

WWE deals we'll find out about when the store updates at 5:30am eastern or later.

Does anyone remember the last time MS Studios put any of its DLC on sale (aside from Gears)? I feel like Alan Wake, Fable & Halo stuff haven't been on sale in centuries. I really hope they change that tomorrow.

Edit: Excited to finally get Mercury Hg & Quarrel tomorrow, always seemed to miss them being on sale. And Retro City Rampage'll be fun.

Huh. I just went to buy Dawnguard, and it says I already bought it. Do not remember doing that....at all. Does anyone know if I can look back and see when that was done?

Found it. .Apparently I bought it on January 1st for 800 points. Good to know. Wel, now I've got an extra $10.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Huh. I just went to buy Dawnguard, and it says I already bought it. Do not remember doing that....at all. Does anyone know if I can look back and see when that was done?[/QUOTE]

Go to the top right where it says "My Account", click it.

Then Ctrl + F for "Download History".

Click Game Add-ons on the left and scroll as far downward as you can (it'll keep loading more and more content 'till you're done).

Ctrl + F for "Dawnguard"

Voila!

Edit: Louiedog beat me to the punch, I probably should have just linked to it, lol.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Huh. I just went to buy Dawnguard, and it says I already bought it. Do not remember doing that....at all. Does anyone know if I can look back and see when that was done?
[/QUOTE]

xbox.com->my account->billing record

Well, I ended up finding it myself, but thanks for the help anyway. Got it for this same price on New Years. And now I have an extra $10 to spend.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Does anyone remember the last time MS Studios put any of its DLC on sale (aside from Gears)? I feel like Alan Wake, Fable & Halo stuff haven't been on sale in centuries. I really hope they change that tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for the Alan Wake DLC to go on sale so I can start the game. Last time it was on sale was New Years Eve a year and a half ago, I believe.

Debating the AC3 Season Pass. I've owned AC3 since day 1 at midnight and haven't beat it, kinda lost interest. So I think I might hold off. If I really want it later on I'll just pay full price, cause Id on't have a lot of extra money to throw around, and the $20 might come in handy tomorrow.

Be sure to double check your download history for the XBLA titles that are part of the 4/2 DOTW. Mercury Hg, Quarrel and Swarm were 200 MSP Scratch & Match loser deals in the dearly departed Sales and Specials app back in October, and if you bought them then, their xbox.com pages don't reflect that. Swarm was also in the app in January, I didn't check then and ended up double dipping.

[quote name='Bloomy']Be sure to double check your download history for the XBLA titles that are part of the 4/2 DOTW. Mercury Hg, Quarrel and Swarm were 200 MSP Scratch & Match loser deals in the dearly departed Sales and Specials app back in October, and if you bought them then, their xbox.com pages don't reflect that. Swarm was also in the app in January, I didn't check then and ended up double dipping.[/QUOTE]

Also I believe Pool Nation was also.

Here's hoping I'm only tempted by Retro City Rampage tomorrow (today, whatever), since I only bought enough points for that and maybe another 400 point arcade game. Trying SO HARD to curb my spending...

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Here's hoping I'm only tempted by Retro City Rampage tomorrow (today, whatever), since I only bought enough points for that and maybe another 400 point arcade game. Trying SO HARD to curb my spending...[/QUOTE]

Well I guess the 800/3200 rewards deal isn't going to help:rofl:

And just FYI, your sig says you're selling a GoW Origins voucher. I'm pretty sure that expired on the 31st, so you might want to check before you sell it. There has been a lot of confusion on the PSN thread about whether it's been extended or not:roll:

This spend 3200 points on arcade and get 800 msp back is cool, but not something i could unless there was a lot of arcade sales, i dont really buy 1200 msp that much.
I suppose the arcade redeem codes wont count towards this?

The past week of sales initiated the start of clearing out my desired list from the marketplace. I finally got costumes for both Dead Rising 2 and SSF4AE, and only need the vanilla SF4 costume collection now. The DotW added more appliance deathmatch joy for my good memories of the toys/animations. My massive splurging on those DLC immediately when discounted, made me anticipate the April 1st one-day sales so much more; the 6.5 day wait was killing me. When the day finally arrived, my spending went only to Dishonored, but I cannot fault the discounts since they are significant (great for those who do not have access to the Game of the Year edition disc for Fallout 3 since they are lower than ever before).

I conclude that I'm cursed, since my work, which kept me from internet usage, denied me the wonderfully accidentally free Games on Demand title everyone else got (the only time an error went in my favor, the 5x rewards point deposit, I took the high road and chose to wait, and the points were removed from me, so a net gain of 0 for me; I missed out on this past week's China AC3, SSX, ME2 preorder DLC, and I already had The Maw and Toy Soldiers); it's great for everyone else that their net spending on Assassin's Creed 3 will only be 1600MSP total for the season pass, congratulations on being not me T_T. Maybe it's for the best since I already had a large take already for the week, and it would have meant more spending for me.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm really starting to get bummed out that these are the only deals:cry: I was hoping I'd have something worthwhile to start my punchcards off, but it seems pointless to spend my MP this early going in. Holding out for a good DotW[/QUOTE]

Sadly most the offered XBLA games so far will be repeats for the most part which I had already acquired from previous discounts. I know I will start off the two purchase MyPunchcard offers with tomorrow's Retro City Rampage at 600MSP. There are 4 more Tuesdays afterwards for other sales which I can use to stack onto the rewards offer. I would love it if there were DotW this April to include Darkstalkers Resurrection, The Cave, Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins, Pinball Arcade, From Dust, Death Tank, or Sine Mora at appropriately 50% or greater off to help me reach the goals of the MyPunchcard offers. If not, I suppose I could take advantage of trying to purchase those XBLA titles that I do not recall ever getting a discount which I always wanted like Garou: Mark of the Wolves and NeoGeo Battle Colosseum to make up 2 XBLA titles and 1600MSP of the required amount necessary to trigger the reward (well, I'd still be 1000MSP short, so I'd need some of those to get a sale, for me to commit to finishing the 3200MSP MyPunchcard for 800MSP back).

[quote name='Obiwan456']So, does anyone know if dlc counts toward this spend $40 on arcade games deal?[/QUOTE]

So far, according to the official Xbox Live Rewards questions forum, XBLRewards5 has not changed the stance that even XBLA DLC will NOT count towards any MyPunchcard offers. It is a shame since some XBLA titles like Crimson Alliance and Pinball FX2 requires DLC purchases to be a non-demo (Game Room is actually listed under Games on Demand; I think the initial pack at 400MSP for Capcom Arcade Cabinet counts as a purchase but everyone here is probably waiting out on a discount on the complete pack due out in May), but alas only full games and nothing marked as DLC/add-ons appear to count. If they would have, I would have a much easier time completing the objectives for the MyPunchcard offers requiring purchases.

[quote name='bardockkun']Because the sales and special app has been deal for literally weeks now and no signs of them revisiting or updating that thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, even in the app, the Grand Theft Auto 4 offers are actually regular price. At least those still interested in the XBLA Bionic Commando games could be had at the discount prices, and they seem like they do count for the MyPunchcard objectives (but no guarantee, I'm not sure they continue to count purchases through the app). I am still trying to get the avatar action prize, and we all know my poor luck still does not allow me to get it. I still feel mentioning the two XBLA games through app should get a mention in the OP, because they still are discounts, until the app really gets shut down and no one can purchase them at the discount through those means.

[quote name='Ubichu']Also, could someone confirm something I believe is correct from my experience: Microsoft DLC and voucher codes inside games NEVER expire?

I've never had a Xbox Live code not work, so I assume all of my DLC should be good to go whenever I decide to play it... though now I worry when Microsoft stops supporting the Xbox 360 on XBL, will the games still be available to download? Or will they shut everything off so you can't redeem any more vouchers and if your Xbox 360 HD dies, you can't redownload games you bought?[/QUOTE]

I have this Xbox Live 2 Month Free Trial card inside my Burnout 3 for the original Xbox that explicitly said that it was valid until March 31st, of 2005 which I have not scratched off yet. However, I know I redeemed the Best Buy preorder code for Alpha Protocol even though it was well after the card's explicit mention of validity until December 31st, 2010 (I love the Best Buy clearance shelf). So, I really do not know. I have similar concerns since the end of the 360's life cycle feels imminent, and it is a big unknown to me how long Microsoft will want to maintain servers devoted to legacy hardware and discounts on the software for that hardware. That's probably why most desire an announcement of backwards compatibility for the next Microsoft console. [Also, MrNinjaSquirrel did mention the 160MSP in the Trials HD/Limbo/'Splosion-Man disc which actually did expire.]

[quote name='Bloomy']Be sure to double check your download history for the XBLA titles that are part of the 4/2 DOTW. Mercury Hg, Quarrel and Swarm were 200 MSP Scratch & Match loser deals in the dearly departed Sales and Specials app back in October, and if you bought them then, their xbox.com pages don't reflect that. Swarm was also in the app in January, I didn't check then and ended up double dipping.[/QUOTE]

Quoting/Bump for importance ... great to know.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Send some nudes to Major Nelson's twitter and he might give it up.[/QUOTE]

Works for me, 60% of the time it works every time. ^^

tylerh1701: love the rundown of your recommendations on the upcoming XBLA games to be offered on sale

Well, I've learned I'm not much of a Behemoth fan, so 1200MSP is asking quite a bit for me to buy Battleblock Theater, so that's one I'd wait on. However, I do love the Double Dragon series, so I do have curiosity for this Friday's Double Dragon 2: Wander of the Dragons, still doesn't seem 1200MSP worthy especially since Neon is still around, but I'm open to it being a pleasant surprise. I will give the demos to both games a try. [Aside from that old beta video of Double Dragon 2: Wander of the Dragons, I can't find any trailers, and the other video on youtube could be full of spoilers with all the new game's cutscenes, so I guess I'll link an old NeoGeo fighting game which I found fun despite broken that has brothers Billy and Jimmy, if only they secured the Double Dragon rights, the game was a very pleasant surprise at the time, so I can hope Wander of the Dragons can also be surprising quality].

I need deals, keep up the great work on the OP. ^^

[quote name='ExtremeGamer']WWE 13 is $59.99.... guess that one isn't in the WWE sale. LOL[/QUOTE]
That game isn't even on the US GoD...

Deals are showing up on xbldb.

Trials Evolution was 50% and then expired, but DLCs are still on sale.. that's strange.
And Trials HD for 400 MSP could be forever and not part of the deal, since it was already discounted yesterday.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']Too bad that the Pinball FX2 tables don't count as full games, right?[/QUOTE]

Yep, they count as dlc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back