XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an idea, let me know what you guys think:

I was considering turning the 3rd post of the OP into a sort of "CAG Impressions" post, where I could post short (3-4 sentence) impressions of the different games that are on sale, taken directly from this thread. Going over the last few pages, impressions have been given about Amy, RCR, WWE DLC, PvZ table, Deadlight, and more. Since I read every post here usually I'll just kind of add them as they pop up, rather than ask for everyone to post their impressions of every game.

Any input on this? Like I said, I don't want it to lead to everyone giving their input on every game and clog up this thread. But I think it could be a useful reference, and by the end of the week, when the question "What does everyone think of Dust?" pops up for the 10th time, we can just refer people there rather than answer the question again.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll get an example up in the 3rd post so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Just an idea, let me know what you guys think:

I was considering turning the 3rd post of the OP into a sort of "CAG Impressions" post, where I could post short (3-4 sentence) impressions of the different games that are on sale, taken directly from this thread. Going over the last few pages, impressions have been given about Amy, RCR, WWE DLC, PvZ table, Deadlight, and more. Since I read every post here usually I'll just kind of add them as they pop up, rather than ask for everyone to post their impressions of every game.

Any input on this? Like I said, I don't want it to lead to everyone giving their input on every game and clog up this thread. But I think it could be a useful reference, and by the end of the week, when the question "What does everyone think of Dust?" pops up for the 10th time, we can just refer people there rather than answer the question again.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll get an example up in the 3rd post so you guys can see what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that's a ton of work.
Anyway, I propose you just post a link every week to another thread that deals with this stuff. It can even have a poll built into it so people who don't like to type specifics (like me) can weigh in.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Any thoughts on the Magic 2013 DLC? Does it include achievements?[/QUOTE]

Just updated OP with DLC gamerscore. Magic 2013's Expansion has 5 achievements worth 50G.

Also, unrelated note. fuck Disney for closing LucasArts. That is all.

I like that you're brainstorming instead of leaving the OP to rot, but I think that's too much effort for too little benefit. People like you and me love to keep track of everything here, but you'll always, always, always have people that are going to skip over the OP and the several pages of comments. I'd be surprised if people even looked at the post beneath the OP with much frequency. On top of that, even if the discussions here tend to go in circles, it helps to keep the thread bumped and maintain interest in the topic(s) at hand.

We frequently - but not constantly - include Metacritic links in the OP; I understand that this isn't exactly equivalent to our collective opinions (and their user-submitted reviews are usually bollocks) but it's probably the most convenient and practical route to go if we're looking to do anything to divert the deluge of "what's the general consensus?" questions.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Also, unrelated note. fuck Disney for closing LucasArts. That is all.[/QUOTE]

Unrelated or not, yes... SCREW YOU Disney. Just more evidence that their golden adventure franchises will be left to rot.

Sorry to make a separate post immediately after the last, but I feel like this deeply-rooted vitriol merits it ;)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Just an idea, let me know what you guys think:

Let me know what you guys think. I'll get an example up in the 3rd post so you guys can see what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

that sounds cool, though I tend to have trouble condensing my reviews to even a paragraph, let alone that short. If I don't write a full review for a game, I'd try posting some quick thoughts, but like everyone else says, it would be a freaking ton of work to do it all. If your up for it, then more power to you;)

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I like that you're brainstorming instead of leaving the OP to rot, but I think that's too much effort for too little benefit. People like you and me love to keep track of everything here, but you'll always, always, always have people that are going to skip over the OP and the several pages of comments. I'd be surprised if people even looked at the post beneath the OP with much frequency. On top of that, even if the discussions here tend to go in circles, it helps to keep the thread bumped and maintain interest in the topic(s) at hand.
[/QUOTE]

This. Nice thought and work is appreciated, but most will skip it and ask in the thread anyway. Metacritic+the ability to download a demo should be enough to let a person know if they want to pick it up. Not saying all game conversation should stop, rather that it will be mostly glossed over when reading the OP

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I wish I had bought a discounted 4000 points code instead of a barely-discounted 1200 points code. I completely forgot about the 3200/800 MSP promo. :S And with that in mind I may pick up Trials Evolution also, as much as I'd rather see it at 600.
[/QUOTE]

We've still got Best Buy's discounted points from Sunday (everything comes with an extra 400pts free) going strong--they even re-activated some 1600pt cards for shipping, which frankly is the only real deal of the bunch. Thread is still here for anyone uninitiated.

Man. One chat agent told me I wasn't double billed at all for games (Swarm, Quarrel, etc), even though the billing site clearly shows this. And after 40 minutes on the phone, and getting transferred, the final lady said she was unable to "validate" my explanation on the Sales & Specials app.

Ridiculous. I guess I'll try my luck after work.

[quote name='super marioPS2']Thanks to those that told me to just get Mark of the Ninja. Ended up just buying that before even trying it and its really great.[/QUOTE]

i bought it before trying it and regretted it wouldnt have bought it if I demo'd it first. probably after the demo part im starting to like it now lol and not regret it

[quote name='freshzen']Explain yourself.[/QUOTE]

It's already had a 50% off sale and has been out for quite awhile. If it was on Steam, it'd definitely have had a 75% off sale by now.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']You always seem to complain. I see it in every thread and its annoying. If its half off you want it to be 75% off. If its on sale for $30 you cry that it should be $10. If its $10 you cry that it should be $5. Get over it and buy it or not.

On another note, I agree with others. Dust and Mark of the Ninja are great. What are peoples opinions of Deadlight?[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, are you one of those "positive thinking" new age types?

[quote name='MachineElf']I messed up and put off buying the Max Payne DLC for too long and the sale ended. Is there anywhere else to pick it up at a discount?[/QUOTE]
Sure wait for it to go on sale again

[quote name='MisterLemon']Okay, need a 400 point game for the Punchcard.

Decide for me between Full House Poker and A World of Keflings.

Will be back to answer q's in a bit.[/QUOTE]

Easy question.

Keflings= Great and fun game, take this.

Full House Poker= Mediocre game with many errors and a lot of unabtanaible achievements plus there will be a free poker game in the coming months.

http://pokerfuse.com/news/media-and...nounces-free-play-poker-game-for-pc-xbox-360/

if you aren't particularly drawn to either, there isn't any rush. Still plenty of time for more sales;)

Keflings, no question.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']Listen the guy with both games in his profile... and Avatar Famestar celebrity ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL. Yeah, I am somewhat of an authority when it comes to these two games since I have been playing them every single week for the past 8 months or so. Very likely I will be retiring from Famestar after this week. The same crap over and over again is getting pretty old. I blame Eastx for all of this.

[quote name='wEEman33']Full House Poker is bad. Don't get it.

Spend those 400 points on Guardian Heroes. Much better game.[/QUOTE]

Im gonna have to disagree with you there I have played many hours of Full House Poker and it is a very enjoyable game its even better if you have some friends that play it as well. Me and my buddy's spend countless hours playing it and its even better during their Texas Heat seasons.

But I guess everyone has there own opinion.

Do you like all-in fests, horrible AI, and games with no stakes whatsoever? Oh, and tournaments where ranking is based on how quickly you can fold your hand instead of chip count? Then Full House Poker is the game for you! And if you act now, you also get loads of unobtainable achievements, as well as connection issues aplenty.

Someone else mentioned there will be a free-to-play poker game in a few months as well. I'm pretty sure it's by the same people, so it will probably also suck, but at least it will finally cost what it's worth.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I like that you're brainstorming instead of leaving the OP to rot, but I think that's too much effort for too little benefit. People like you and me love to keep track of everything here, but you'll always, always, always have people that are going to skip over the OP and the several pages of comments. I'd be surprised if people even looked at the post beneath the OP with much frequency. On top of that, even if the discussions here tend to go in circles, it helps to keep the thread bumped and maintain interest in the topic(s) at hand.

We frequently - but not constantly - include Metacritic links in the OP; I understand that this isn't exactly equivalent to our collective opinions (and their user-submitted reviews are usually bollocks) but it's probably the most convenient and practical route to go if we're looking to do anything to divert the deluge of "what's the general consensus?" questions.[/QUOTE]
Agreed on "too much effort, too little payoff" ... if anywhere needs the time put in, it's just digging up the Metacritic & Quick Look links. When I have time to provide those, I learn a bunch myself, and frankly, you have to draw the line somewhere, especially when the "search" capability could easily find relevant posts within a single thread.
-
[quote name='MachineElf']I messed up and put off buying the Max Payne DLC for too long and the sale ended. Is there anywhere else to pick it up at a discount?[/QUOTE]
Probably in some "game of the year" edition that should be out before the end-of-year. Seriously, unless you're keeping up with 2K or Bethesda DLC as it releases, it's usually better to wait until the compilation version comes out about 1-year after the original release. :)
-
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Man. One chat agent told me I wasn't double billed at all for games (Swarm, Quarrel, etc), even though the billing site clearly shows this. And after 40 minutes on the phone, and getting transferred, the final lady said she was unable to "validate" my explanation on the Sales & Specials app.[/QUOTE]
Don't use the phone, but stick to chat, where you can copy/paste the exact info ... otherwise you could be at the mercy of some India-based call-center person who doesn't know how to navigate the tools that MS provides. With chat, a single person can provide support simultaneously to 4-6 people, but they have to have decent English skills, plus some ability to multi-task, and that suggests the person might be more technologically-adept as well.

When replying to Support about duplicate-purchases, though, you'll need to extract the long URL's for each item listed on your purchase history, so that you can compare the 32-digit "GUID" values to ensure they're identical. Once you've verified this, then Support has no way to deny that it happened.

FYI, now that the S&S+ app is dead, I'm currently finalizing a macro-enabled Excel spreadsheet to extract values & find the duplicates. I'm still a-ways out, with the bulk of time spent in long-a$$ IF() statements to work around all the human-decision-making you can normally do instantly, but it's coming soon'ish.

[quote name='simmias']Man, you guys weren't kidding about Deadlight. This is the least fun I've had with a game in a while.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even make it through the demo:drool:

The games in the Sales & Specials app count towards the punchcards. I bought Bionic Commando Rearmed on April 1st, and now the first controller for 1-Month Xbox Live Gold is colored in green. I held off from buying anything else to make sure it would be Bionic Commando if a game was checked off.

Bionic Command Rearmed is 400 MSP, and Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 is 600 MSP. These prices are only available through the Sales & Specials app. The app hasn't been updated for a while. There's no knowing if one day it might update to new content, or possibly removed.

Thanks for the input guys. I do agree that the amount of "payoff" for the effort is pretty low. The time dedication wouldn't be that bad (like I said, I read every post anyway, I would just copy and paste the pertinent posts right to the 3rd page of the OP.) but I'll put the idea on the back burner for now.

I do like when the Metacritic links are in the OP, but I never personally add them for the same "lots of effort, little payoff" thing.

[quote name='jimmyy201']Does anyone know if the Games on Demand version of WWE 13 comes with the online pass?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK there's no online passes required for GoD.

I didn't intend on spending any money on this sale. My backlog is ridiculous, but I caved and bought a few games. I got Mark of the Ninja, Dust, and Winterbottom. Didn't play any demos, but just went off of the words of you guys! I'm sure I picked up some good games today.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so has anyone gotten a punch yet? (probably a stupid question, as it's surely mentioned somewhere how long it takes)[/QUOTE]

If you look at the details, it seems to imply that each punch card has to be a game worth 800msp, i.e., none of the sale games this week count toward it. I could be wrong. Has anyone actually asked on their Twitter?

So I stupided up the place and made my main acc hungarian... I can still access rewards but my punchcards page is completely blank. Is this a glitch or because everything I'm buying is from the Hungarian Marketplace?

YEP IT'S BECAUSE OF THE HUNGARIAN.

I'M DONE HERE

MISSING OUT ON 800 POINTS, A GUARANTEED VIP EXCLUSIVE, A MONTH OF GOLD, AND AN AVATAR ITEM

F*** MY TENDER ARSE

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MisterLemon']So I stupided up the place and made my main acc hungarian... I can still access rewards but my punchcards page is completely blank. Is this a glitch or because everything I'm buying is from the Hungarian Marketplace?

YEP IT'S BECAUSE OF THE HUNGARIAN.

I'M DONE HERE

MISSING OUT ON 800 POINTS, A GUARANTEED VIP EXCLUSIVE, A MONTH OF GOLD, AND AN AVATAR ITEM

F*** MY TENDER ARSE[/QUOTE]

shouldn't have been so hungary :lol:

Ended up getting Castle Crashers and Mark of the Ninja. I've really been wanting them both, so this sale had my name all over it. Passing on Dust for now, not because I didn't like the demo, but I'm just not in the mood for a game like that right now, and I have a feeling it'll be on sale soon. I've got 1300MP left now, and I'm still holding out faint hope for a Minecraft sale.

EDIT: so wait. If what whitereflection is saying is true, am I not getting a punch? I thought the minimum was 400

I think he means for the third punchcard. Trying to say that we have to buy at least 4 800 point games But it doesn't actually say that anywhere, so I doubt it.

During the month of April, earn a punch for spending 800 Microsoft Points on Arcade game(s) from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Spend a total of 3,200 Microsoft Points on Arcade games under the Xbox LIVE account tied to your Rewards account and earn 800 Microsoft Points back.

Each arcade game has to be at least 800 points each, totaling 3,200 points.

The 400 point and above games are the games that counts towards your 8 hours of play time.

From descriptions I think the two punchcards that require purchases break down like this:

- Each 400+ MSP XBLA game you buy gets you a punch; four punches gets you 1-month Gold
- Every 800 MSP you spend gets you a punch; four punches gets you 800 MSP

The second punchcard does not say in the description they have to be 800 MSP games. It only says after spending 800 MSP on XBLA games you get one punch.

Though now I am wondering if games under 400 MSP don't count in this promotion at all. Meaning 200 MSP games won't count towards the 3200 MSP. But, they don't note that like they do with the 1-month Gold punchcard.

It took two days for me to get the punch for Bionic Commando. If most of you bought XBLA games when they went on sale yesterday then it might take another day to get the punches for those purchases. I only spent 400 MSP on April 1st, so I wasn't going to get a punch for the 3200 punchcard.

Also, the Avatar and 800 MSP punchcards might take longer to update since hours and MSP have to be tallied. The 1-month punchcard just has to see if you bought a 400+ MSP game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back