XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rollobobo']So somehow I relaized I didn't already own ilomilo. This game is worth it for 400 microsoft points right? It looks like it could be fun. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Yes! It's a very fun, charming and overall cute game. It starts off easy but the difficulty scales nicely as you move up. I don't remember if it has co-op, but even by yourself, it's a wonderful game to play.

[quote name='Rollobobo']So somehow I relaized I didn't already own ilomilo. This game is worth it for 400 microsoft points right? It looks like it could be fun. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Ilomilo is ABSOLUTELY worth $5, has a great style, clever level design and a catchy, really different quirky little soundtrack to it. While the co-op mode isn't the best designed, it's still really fun to try to wrap your head around the puzzles with a friend. Also I have yet to find a girl who did not completely turn in to a puddle over how completely adorable this game is and is simple enough (to play, some of the later puzzle designs are pretty complex) for anyone to pick up and enjoy. The story, once you get deeper in to the game is really sweet too.

Plus it's got a couple of really cute avatar awards. It's a great time and perhaps one of the few perfect "date games"

[quote name='ooga']It's not a bug. You have to have a plan and can't just build willy nilly. As long as you build a building that genrates accessories (snowman shop, flower shop...etc) you should be all set and you don't have to destroy any buildings to salvage pieces. Even if you don't, there is no way to REALLY get stuck.[/QUOTE]
The desert area is a poorly designed part of the game where the order of blueprints presented tends to lead to a point where you get stuck and have to break down buildings to finish new blueprints before things even out again. It's a common spot where people have issues and the developer has never opted to fix it, which didn't happen at all in the first game.

-------
If anybody here is wondering what the ilomilo team is doing, they're working on a beat-'em-up RPG based on the Sacred RPG universe called Sacred Citadel that should be out in a few weeks.

If anybody here is wondering what the ilomilo team is doing, they're working on a beat-'em-up RPG based on the Sacred RPG universe called Sacred Citadel that should be out in a few weeks.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The desert area is a poorly designed part of the game where the order of blueprints presented tends to lead to a point where you get stuck and have to break down buildings to finish new blueprints before things even out again. It's a common spot where people have issues and the developer has never opted to fix it, which didn't happen at all in the first game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know what you're talking about. But all you have to do is break one building, use the piece to build Uncle Habib's (?) and then re-build the building you destroyed. Not really a big problem at all.

If you don't have ilomilo, shame on you. It's easily the best game I've ever downloaded. Such a charming, yet very difficult puzzle game.

[quote name='ooga']Yeah I know what you're talking about. But all you have to do is break one building, use the piece to build Uncle Habib's (?) and then re-build the building you destroyed. Not really a big problem at all.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's obvious for an expert, but it actually wasn't an obvious/easy thing in the heat of the moment, which is why it's a pothole in the smooth ride that the rest of the game usually is.

So after replaying the demo I ended up buying Dust after all. I was just so taken aback by the outstanding story and voice acting (even only the little I saw), that I can just tell I'm going to love it. Probably have a lot more to say if I get around to reviewing it, which looks likely;)

Still no punchcards, but I'm optimistic that I've gotten 3 of the buy and 2 of the spend ones. But that's it. Must. Say. Points.:hot:

[quote name='Sanges99']This... can't be right. I'm positive I played Quarrel with my gf, from the couch no-less. Silly questions follow: were you both signed-in when you got to the main screen? Did you dig around in the exhibition/free-play mode? Simply try pressing start on the second controller at any point?

I'll fire it up when I have time again tomorrow, but like I said, I'm nearly 100% posiitve that we played it together.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember exactly where I looked, but I definitely couldn't find it. If you do fire up the game again, please let me know your findings.

[quote name='ooga']Ugh! The two new DLCs are abominations. They're no where near the quality of the main game. Then again, if you liked Sugar & Spice you may like Zombiesaurus since it's slightly less annoying. :)[/QUOTE]

Why are they so bad?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So after replaying the demo I ended up buying Dust after all. I was just so taken aback by the outstanding story and voice acting (even only the little I saw), that I can just tell I'm going to love it. Probably have a lot more to say if I get around to reviewing it, which looks likely;)

Still no punchcards, but I'm optimistic that I've gotten 3 of the buy and 2 of the spend ones. But that's it. Must. Say. Points.:hot:[/QUOTE]

You'll probably just be spouting the same nonsensical praise that's been repeated over and over in this thread ;)

[quote name='gotdott']You'll probably just be spouting the same nonsensical praise that's been repeated over and over in this thread ;)[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but when a games good it deserves the praise:applause: Also think it's cool the developer is on CAG, which might somehow lead to him reading my review (which just seems cool to me :cool:)

So, do The Walking Dead Episodes not count as arcade games....and the same for dr2 casae 0 and west, because I only got a punch for but 1 400 point game, nothing for spend 800, and I've spent 1720 points, if you incluse TWD, DR2 C0 & CW, and Mark/Ninja.

[quote name='Obiwan456']So, do The Walking Dead Episodes not count as arcade games....and the same for dr2 casae 0 and west, because I only got a punch for but 1 400 point game, nothing for spend 800, and I've spent 1720 points, if you incluse TWD, DR2 C0 & CW, and Mark/Ninja.[/QUOTE]
Only the first episode of The Walking Dead is an actual game. The rest are add-ons, so they don't count unless I missed some detail about the promotion including DLC.

The way this punch card thing is set up on the website has me a little confused. Everything is split into 4 sections, and the only one that makes sense is the middle one (Buy 4 arcade games). For the 20 hour reward, does it have to be 5 hours each in 4 different games, or do I just get a punch for every 5 hours I play regardless of game?

And for the last one, Each punch is 800 points. I bought BattleBlock Theater for 1200, does that mean I need 400 points for the next punch or is each game it's own punch? I plan on buying another 1200 point game soon, that means I will have 3 punches filled, right?

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']The way this punch card thing is set up on the website has me a little confused. Everything is split into 4 sections, and the only one that makes sense is the middle one (Buy 4 arcade games). For the 20 hour reward, does it have to be 5 hours each in 4 different games, or do I just get a punch for every 5 hours I play regardless of game?

And for the last one, Each punch is 800 points. I bought BattleBlock Theater for 1200, does that mean I need 400 points for the next punch or is each game it's own punch? I plan on buying another 1200 point game soon, that means I will have 3 punches filled, right?[/QUOTE]

Question 1: I believe it means you have to play a minimum of five hours in four different arcade games.

Question 2: The way I understood it was that you need to buy at least four games (DLCs do not count toward this punch) that are each at least 800 Microsoft points. So to answer your questions your purchase of 1200 point game would not carry over 400 points toward the next purchase.

You only need a TOTAL of 20 hours on any combination of games so it can be just one or two if you so wish to get the whole thing punched out.

And for the Spend More, Get More you just need to spend a total of 3200 points on Arcade Games and they can be any amount. So if you spend 1200 points it'll carry over to the next punch and so on and so forth.

This has been discussed literally all within the last 10-15 pages and also on the XBox Rewards thread.

[quote name='MochaRaf']Question 1: I believe it means you have to play a minimum of five hours in four different arcade games.

Question 2: The way I understood it was that you need to buy at least four games (DLCs do not count toward this punch) that are each at least 800 Microsoft points. So to answer your questions your purchase of 1200 point game would not carry over 400 points toward the next purchase.[/QUOTE]

From what I read in the FAQ it says you can play any combination of games for a total of 20 hours. Then for spending all that is required is to spend a total of 3200msp. I see nothing that states you have to play five hours total on each of four seperate games or buy four games at 800msp+.

I have a question about the plants vs zombies pinball table. has it been free at any time, as i downloaded it on the website last week or a bit before that (I am sure it was the table as it did not say trial or anything).
but when in game it say to unlock table or play trial game. Anybody know anything about this?

[quote name='xbox_man']I have a question about the plants vs zombies pinball table. has it been free at any time, as i downloaded it on the website last week or a bit before that (I am sure it was the table as it did not say trial or anything).
but when in game it say to unlock table or play trial game. Anybody know anything about this?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's ever been free. It came out last year and this is the first time it has been on sale according to XBLDB. Every table has a free trial IIRC.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I don't think it's ever been free. It came out last year and this is the first time it has been on sale according to XBLDB. Every table has a free trial IIRC.[/QUOTE]

thanks for that. But it did not say it was a trial.

[quote name='xbox_man']thanks for that. But it did not say it was a trial.[/QUOTE]

I believe in the Free board it was brought up that the trial wasn't labeled as a trial around the time of its release. It's happened to a few other arcade titles/add ons as well.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Double Dragon II is nightmarishly bad.[/QUOTE]

Seemed so, thanks for the confirmation.

Btw, which are your complaints? just to know.

The controls are muddied up whenever too many enemies get on screen. The graphics are ugly as sin. The animation is a joke, everytime I do a jumping attack it's like Billy is teleporting. I gave up on Stage 4 but I'm gonna play more of it when I get home. Hopefully I can squeeze some enjoyment from it.

[quote name='bardockkun']You only need a TOTAL of 20 hours on any combination of games so it can be just one or two if you so wish to get the whole thing punched out.

And for the Spend More, Get More you just need to spend a total of 3200 points on Arcade Games and they can be any amount. So if you spend 1200 points it'll carry over to the next punch and so on and so forth.

This has been discussed literally all within the last 10-15 pages and also on the XBox Rewards thread.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this is correct. I purchased 3 games at 600 points each and have 2 punches toward the 3200.

Just finished the demo for Mark of the Ninja. You guys are right; this is a good game. Ok, I lied I didn't finish the demo. I stopped halfway to purchase it. :)

Would any of you recommend Guardian Heroes or Special Forces: Team X?

Am I the only one that can't get into Castle Crashers? It's a genre I like but I recall the controls feeling too clunky/stiff. Does the Xbox version do anything different from the PS3 version?

Try the demo of Guardian Heroes. It's a classic. An interesting experiment in beat em ups that hasn't really been replicated. (Code of Princess tried.)

[quote name='xbox_man']I have a question about the plants vs zombies pinball table. has it been free at any time, as i downloaded it on the website last week or a bit before that (I am sure it was the table as it did not say trial or anything).
but when in game it say to unlock table or play trial game. Anybody know anything about this?[/QUOTE]

It's never been free. You most likely downloaded the Trial. A couple of the tables do not have the Full/Trial in the title to distinguish the demo from the actual table. The other one like that is Marvel:Avengers Chronicles.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Why are they so bad?[/QUOTE]

They are very uninspired and the humor (which is a big part of the game) was flat. The only funny part I found was the horsless-headman bit. That's it. The new characters are not appealing, the new buildings are confusing, and the game mechanics have not changed -not that they need to.
To give you an idea how bland they are: I have played this game every week for the past 8 months or so. I play the main story every week. I have not bothered playing the dlc again after I finished it, and really couldn't wait to get done with it the first time around.

[quote name='Cage017']Am I the only one that can't get into Castle Crashers? It's a genre I like but I recall the controls feeling too clunky/stiff. Does the Xbox version do anything different from the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

No, you're not the only one.

As for this Rewards promo going on, MS sure made it as confusing as possible. The number of people on here and the Rewards thread that don't understand exactly what to do is really high.

Also, fixed the bad ilomilo link in the OP.

The only thing that wasn't clear to me was if add-ons for XBLA games counted towards the 3,200 spent (especially since they mentioned the Walking Dead). Otherwise, I understood it for the most part. Play 20 hours worth of XBLA games (any combination), each punch showing 5 hours of play. Buy 4 games priced 400 MSP or more, 1 punch = 1 game. Then 3,200 total spent on XBLA games (something like 400 + 400 counts), with 800 spent = 1 punch.

My plan is to just get 4 XBLA games at 800 each. Covers two of the punch cards at once, which just leaves the 20 hours, & I'm sure I've hit 10 hours by now. It's just the fact that it takes a couple of days to update that might be a bit confusing.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']So given the choie between "Deadlight" and "Mark of the Ninja" which would you choose?[/QUOTE]

Doh!
Was that a serious question, or were you being sarcastic?

[quote name='ooga']Doh!
Was that a serious question, or were you being sarcastic?[/QUOTE]
I've heard Mark of the ninja is awesome but not much on Deadlight. Serious question. I assumed MotN but Deadlight at least looks interesting, not sure how it plays.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I've heard Mark of the ninja is awesome but not much on Deadlight. Serious question. I assumed MotN but Deadlight at least looks interesting, not sure how it plays.[/QUOTE]

I've played about 20 minutes of each so I am not going to give you my personal opinion.
However, the last few days a TON of people here weighed in on both games, that's why I was asking if you were being serious. The vast majority of people here think that MoTN is awesome. The vast majority of people here also think that Deadlight is a pile of crap. So there you go. :)

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I've heard Mark of the ninja is awesome but not much on Deadlight. Serious question. I assumed MotN but Deadlight at least looks interesting, not sure how it plays.[/QUOTE]

Deadlight is a 3-4 hour game that I got bored of after the first 1/3 or so. It has some interesting ideas but loses steam quickly. It's slow, which isn't necessarily a problem, but begins to feel tedious after that first 1/3. It was like they didn't know what they wanted to do after that or didn't have time to flesh it out more.

Mark of the Ninja gives you a ton of stuff to do, reasons to go back and play it again, and every part of it feels really well designed. I think my first time through took me about 8 hours. I got every achievement after about 15. I stopped playing and finally moved on to something else after 20. It's excellent.

[quote name='Cage017']Just finished the demo for Mark of the Ninja. You guys are right; this is a good game. Ok, I lied I didn't finish the demo. I stopped halfway to purchase it. :)

Would any of you recommend Guardian Heroes or Special Forces: Team X?

Am I the only one that can't get into Castle Crashers? It's a genre I like but I recall the controls feeling too clunky/stiff. Does the Xbox version do anything different from the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

I would very much recommend Guardian Heroes. I love that game, played it a lot with my buddy on the Saturn. If you get it, don't play it on easy, since you don't unlock anything. :)

[quote name='disilluzion']The UPS guy just gave me a 1600 MSP card from buy.com

I have never done business with buy.com

I'm not complaining, just confused...[/QUOTE]

I wanted to come up with a witty reply, but my mind is pulling a blank. So I'll just leave this here...
image.png

[quote name='disilluzion']The UPS guy just gave me a 1600 MSP card from buy.com

I have never done business with buy.com

I'm not complaining, just confused...[/QUOTE]

trap.jpg

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Double Dragon II is nightmarishly bad.[/QUOTE]

I call it - this year's AMY, hell even that game is more playable than DD II.
It runs with sub 20fps all the time, controls are unresponsive and on top of that every enemy attacks at the same time. Plain, plain bad.

Did anyone saw desctiption of this game on XBL:

''This is a remake “Double Dragon II” a 80’s game. The story line takes same as original game story. However, the graphic, character, action, system etc. are change. Also we are including new stage and enemy in the game. The player will be addicted to new version of Double Dragon II. Also, characters are undressed from 80’s style, and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.''

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back