XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I am absolutely frothing over Castle of Illusion. That is going to be so great. I remember freaking out over the jell-o mechanics in the original. Between that and Ducktales, I'll be in old-school Disney heaven this summer!

Now if Capcom remakes Chip & Dale....ugh, that'd be perfect![/QUOTE]

Of my short list of nostalgia titles I couldn't live in a world without access to, there's Ducktales, Chip N Dales, someome mentioned Mickey Mania, and then there's the Sega game with Donald Duck & his platformer-with-a-twist plunger gun game, Quackshot.

...and there's Simon's Quest and countless others, but... I mean, if we're sticking to Disney titles then, I, ahem... Where was I...? :whistle2:\"

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']That is a great deal for the Twisted Pixel bundle, they're basically 200 points each. I only own The Maw so I'll probably end up getting it. I hope more developers release these.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...s-Bundle/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584113fa[/QUOTE]
The price is a limited time deal:
Today we are launching the first ever Xbox LIVE bundle that collects all four of Twisted Pixel's award-winning XBLA titles in one convenient package, including The Maw, Splosion Man, Comic Jumper, and Ms. Splosion Man. For a limited time only, the pricing on the bundle is set to 800 MSP, but that won't last long so get it while you can.

^Where'd you see that at? It needs to go in the OP then.

(Well, not really, cuz there's another thread for it already. But I thought this was the normal price.)

^Thanks. I'll add it to the OP in a bit. I don't like when they say "limited time" but don't mention what that timeframe is. They did the same think with Skulls of the Shogun on Windows Phone, saying it would be $4.99 at launch but go up to $6.99 eventually (which it never did).

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']I have them all except for Ms. Splosion Man. Dang the first bundle and I happen to own them all. Maybe this will be the beginning of seeing bundles on the marketplace! :booty:[/QUOTE]

This is what I've been hoping for and one of the main things I like about PSN. They have game bundles from different developers as well as GOTY/complete packs with a digital copy of the game plus season pass/all DLC. Microsoft is probably experimenting right now since they're probably thinking of doing the same thing for the new console.

At 800 MSP the bundle is a steal even if you own 1-2 of the games. Even if the normal price is 1200 MSP or more likely 1600 MSP it's a good deal. I think the only game that has DLC is The Maw too.

I'd love to see some more bundles. Alien Hominid/Castle Crasher/Battleblock Theater would be awesome, though probably to soon. World of Keflings/Rakskulls/ilomilo would make sense, as they have unlockable content if you play the other. A double fine bundle would also be cool, though that might be difficult with THQ going down. Really, any bundles would be great, I've got so many XBLA games still to buy

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'd love to see some more bundles. Alien Hominid/Castle Crasher/Battleblock Theater would be awesome, though probably to soon. World of Keflings/Rakskulls/ilomilo would make sense, as they have unlockable content if you play the other. A double fine bundle would also be cool, though that might be difficult with THQ going down. Really, any bundles would be great, I've got so many XBLA games still to buy[/QUOTE]

Banjo Bundle with Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie

Rare bundle with BK, BT, and Perfect Dark

[quote name='therealdanhill']Is cs:go a hard game? are people friendly to beginners?[/QUOTE]

Play CS on the PC, I kicked ass with 56k dial-up against people with less than 100ms. I was 300ms at best lol. I've never been so impressed by "pro gamers" when watching their matches using CS 1.6 (I think). They were the best aim bots/team players I've ever seen. But those days were years ago, a different era for me.

Anyways, on the PC you had to get better. You learned or you got dominated. You learned every route, spots, nade points, gun control and quick buying key memory. Every time I play a game today, an my character takes out a knife I think "I wonder if I can run faster now". Haha, also jumping around corners and ducking. Great times.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Where'd you see that at? It needs to go in the OP then.

(Well, not really, cuz there's another thread for it already. But I thought this was the normal price.)[/QUOTE]
Yep, just got done adding it. Forgot a link to the bundle itself, but even if you own 2 of the titles already, it still works out to be a great promo!

[quote name='Cornelius']Yep, just got done adding it. Forgot a link to the bundle itself, but even if you own 2 of the titles already, it still works out to be a great promo![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I also love the last part of the description of the bundle on Xbox.com:

If you already own one of these games there is no additional discount on this bundle, nor do you receive an additional copy of the game you already own.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
I also love the last part of the description of the bundle on Xbox.com:[/QUOTE]

Microsoft is feeling especially generous about this I see:lol:

I have Splosion Man and The Maw thanks to the XBLA triple pack and that chips promotion. Not sure if Ms. Splosion man and Comic Jumper are worth 400 points each. Are they?

On a side note, anyone remember the last time Shadow Complex was on sale? I've been waiting forever.

Is the Halo DLC a good buy at the current sale price? I don't know if I should get it now or wait for 50% off

That Twisted Pixel bundle is a great deal. Too bad I have all of them but Comic Jumper.

[quote name='Sath666']Hopefully they do a lot of polish in these few months. The game looked really rough at PAX East - lot's of bugs , texture pop-in, bad animations etc, like early alpha version. :S[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been trying to tell people, what I saw at PAX Prime didn't really look all that great, at all.

[quote name='kcobra22']State of Decay finally got a release date of June, can't wait! The new trailer is great.
http://undeadlabs.com/2013/04/news/state-of-decay-will-be-in/[/QUOTE]

Yes! I've been watching this game for loooong time now. First zombie game I am excited for.

[quote name='Sath666']Hopefully they do a lot of polish in these few months. The game looked really rough at PAX East - lot's of bugs , texture pop-in, bad animations etc, like early alpha version. :S[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the videos I have seen are rough, graphically. I hope it will all be polished and such and co-op added later. Maybe it will be a DLC, I would so pay for that.

[quote name='sicsonic']Yeah I've been trying to tell people, what I saw at PAX Prime didn't really look all that great, at all.[/QUOTE]

I think it is the way they want it, visually. Besides technical issues like pop ups and such.

[quote name='Mac the KNife']How is I Am Alive? Looks interesting.[/QUOTE]

Here was my take from earlier in this thread:

I genuinely recommend I Am Alive. I thought that game had a lot of interesting aspects, and AAA level sound design that gave it a really creepy atmosphere in a lot of places.

It was actually one of my favorite games last year, I would say if anyone was 'interested' than 480 is the right price.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']I hope it will all be polished and such and co-op added later. Maybe it will be a DLC, I would so pay for that.[/QUOTE]

Full plans are here.

State of Decay is considered Class3. Class4 is supposedly going to be a full blown MMO with tons of real players in the same world. It's really ambitious and will be absolutely amazing if they pull it off.

[quote name='Mac the KNife']How is I Am Alive? Looks interesting.[/QUOTE]

Base on my demo experience and things I've read, I would say it's good. Depends on what you like. It helps if you like the concept. Some people thought it was going to be something more I suppose, it went through a big change half way through development. It really about surviving the world and the types of people you come across on the character's personal mission.

This is what I've gathered:
The platforming is unique as you can't just superhero your way around the landscape, you can get tired and fall if you too slow and don't plan out your steps. The fighting sequences are cool but heard you get bored once you find the right way to do them over and over. The first person shooting is awkward but doesn't particularly fail. Bullets and inventory are uncommon so you have to choose what you do carefully. As for the story I don't know if its gripping to finish the game. I try to not know as much as I can so I don't spoil it for myself. Oh, and my gaming enthusiast nephew liked it.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Here was my take from earlier in this thread:

I genuinely recommend I Am Alive. I thought that game had a lot of interesting aspects, and AAA level sound design that gave it a really creepy atmosphere in a lot of places.

It was actually one of my favorite games last year, I would say if anyone was 'interested' than 480 is the right price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's really a shame to passed it up if your interested with that discount.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']Full plans are here.

State of Decay is considered Class3. Class4 is supposedly going to be a full blown MMO with tons of real players in the same world. It's really ambitious and will be absolutely amazing if they pull it off.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks, doubt I would of seen this on my own. Haven't read all the articles, every time I read them I get over-excited.

Anyways, so co-op is confirmed for Class3! Last I heard was possibly at a later date. Now I'm all excited again. On the page: "Class3 is our smaller scale, open-world XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) game that will allow 1-2 people to play together online though Xbox Live or together on the same screen. This game will come out first."

Not caring so much about Class4 since I heard it. It's ambitious but may not even come to fruition. Largely depends on how well Class3 is received and the sales. It's all about the Benjamins.

I am Alive is a really fun game....

If you're looking forward to playing The Last of Us when it comes out later this year, I am Alive would be a great way to wet your beak...

Hmm... not sure if I should grab the Twisted Pixel pack, Geometry Wars 2 (when it goes on sale), and Marvel vs. Capcom 2, or grab the Majestic map pack instead of MvC2.

Kind of hate throwing money for a measly THREE maps, but Halo 4 is still fun.

[quote name='bshirk']Is the Halo DLC a good buy at the current sale price? I don't know if I should get it now or wait for 50% off

That Twisted Pixel bundle is a great deal. Too bad I have all of them but Comic Jumper.[/QUOTE]

I'm undecided about the Halo DLC as well. Do you know for sure if it will ever be 50% off and if so when?

We don't know the future but as near as I can tell, I'm fairly confident the Halo 4 map packs will be on sale again.

If you wanna play them now or soon, go for it. If your not going to touch it for the forseeable future, just wait until it's on sale again.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Anyways, so co-op is confirmed for Class3! Last I heard was possibly at a later date. Now I'm all excited again. On the page: "Class3 is our smaller scale, open-world XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) game that will allow 1-2 people to play together online though Xbox Live or together on the same screen. This game will come out first."[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they cut the co-op for State of Decay. That's not to say they wont bring it in later as some sort of DLC, but I'm 99% sure it isn't going to be there at launch.

This is the type of game that just screams for co-op, though.

[quote name='jtron']Would buying the Twisted Pixel bundle count toward the punchcards for April?[/QUOTE]

It's 800 MSP, so I don't see why not.

Still waiting for one my games to post from the other sale..

Hopefully not a stupid question but is Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon a stand alone XBLA game or do I need the disc to play it? Trailer is fantastic.

I am on board for I Am Alive, love that price point too!

[quote name='destro4eva']Hopefully not a stupid question but is Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon a stand alone XBLA game or do I need the disc to play it? Trailer is fantastic.

I am on board for I Am Alive, love that price point too![/QUOTE]

It's a standalone!

Got Marvel Vs Capcom Origins. I would have bought this sooner if I knew they had this vault to unlock stuff. That is what I hated about them not putting into 2. I found little reason to continue playing the game after the first few days.

I've downloaded the demo of Motocross Madness and played for a rather short time. Have any of you CAGs spent any time on it that would like to give your opinion (I'm aware it just released, but some of us are more hardcore than others)?

800 Points doesn't seem horrible, but I put the CA in CAG...

Motocross Madness is a bad avatar racing game.

If you really want to race with avatars, Joy Ride Turbo is the better game.

If you just want to ride dirt bikes, Trials EVO is a much better dirt bike game.

There is no reason to get Motocross Madness.

Ok, I just have to ask: is xbox.com screwed up for anyone else? I can't access My Account, My Profile, anything really. I just keep getting the "Oops, that shouldn't have happened" screen.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar errors.

EDIT: just read that XBL is down. Sucks, but at least I know now.

They've acknowleged that there are issues today with signing in to XBL, so I'd wait it out. Spoiled my lunch break! I just wanted to watch more CN shows on Netflix.

Ahh, beat to the punch, oh well.

[quote name='wEEman33']Motocross Madness is a bad avatar racing game.

If you really want to race with avatars, Joy Ride Turbo is the better game.

If you just want to ride dirt bikes, Trials EVO is a much better dirt bike game.

There is no reason to get Motocross Madness.[/QUOTE]

Trials and MM are completely different, regardless of the motorcycle similarity. I've played the demo for an hour and think ill pick up the game. I definitely enjoy it enough.

Thanks for the opinions on Motocross Madness. I'm fairly new to xbl and didn't know of Joy Ride Turbo. When xbl comes back up I'll get the demo of it as it looks thoroughly entertaining...and of course, I'll be checking xbldb for the $$ history on it.

I like how when you Google "xbox live down", you get every forum talking about it...and a bunch of people demanding MSP since they paid for this service, or that they're switching to PS4 next gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back