XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kcobra22']I like how when you Google "xbox live down", you get every forum talking about it...and a bunch of people demanding MSP since they paid for this service, or that they're switching to PS4 next gen.[/QUOTE]
It's back up.

I usually buy all consoles, so I'm sure I'll get the next iteration of Xbox at some point, but an issue like today's really illustrates the issues with an "always on" device.

So I know it might be OT, but I think I'm going to finally attempt to play through the D&D game that was free a bit back. Apparently it has co-op, so if anyone else is interested in trying it, send me a friend request:)

[quote name='wEEman33']Motocross Madness is a bad avatar racing game.

If you really want to race with avatars, Joy Ride Turbo is the better game.

If you just want to ride dirt bikes, Trials EVO is a much better dirt bike game.

There is no reason to get Motocross Madness.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's a pretty fun game. It plays like a typical cart racer, just faster. Several different modes and challenges as well. Plus they have a section for "club challenges" where you and your friends try to reach certain goals. I am someone who normally dislikes racing games, but I found this games very enjoyable. I like it better than Joy ride turbo and would definitely recommend it at 800 maps.

man, XBL is pretty quiet these days. I'm new to live, but I always heard that there was a lot of chatting, or at least some communication for gameplay's sake. Found one person with a mic, said hi...dead silence. Maybe my voice is turning people off, I don't know:whistle2:(

So question: do you use your mic online, outside of with friends obviously?

Just saw the new State of Decay trailer, now I know everyone has said it's a goddamn glitchy mess, but...Jesus you can door check zombies while driving. That's pretty awesome.

Out of curiosity, for those of you that have bought the twisted pixel bundle how does it score on the current Xbox rewards offer? Just curious if it counts as four games or one.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']man, XBL is pretty quiet these days. I'm new to live, but I always heard that there was a lot of chatting, or at least some communication for gameplay's sake. Found one person with a mic, said hi...dead silence. Maybe my voice is turning people off, I don't know:whistle2:(

So question: do you use your mic online, outside of with friends obviously?[/QUOTE]

not unless I have to, personally. but I just like to relax when I play games. if there's teamwork and communication needed I'll plug the mic in though.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']not unless I have to, personally. but I just like to relax when I play games. if there's teamwork and communication needed I'll plug the mic in though.[/QUOTE]

I feel this way too, but somehow I feel like I'm supposed to be using a mic. I honestly don't know why, as I don't share this feeling while playing PSN, Steam, and Mobile games (assuming it's even an option). Must be because it came in the box, so it feels like part of the console to me. Ughh, I don't understand myself:drool:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']man, XBL is pretty quiet these days. I'm new to live, but I always heard that there was a lot of chatting, or at least some communication for gameplay's sake. Found one person with a mic, said hi...dead silence. Maybe my voice is turning people off, I don't know:whistle2:(

So question: do you use your mic online, outside of with friends obviously?[/QUOTE]

Im always in parties. But in the rare occasion that I have not one friend online I will wear the mic in game chat and just listen. Dont like talking to randoms because almost all of them are assholes who talk crap after they just lost, or people complaining about non existent lag when they die, or little whiny kids.

I usually use a Mic, its just that a lot of games aren't conducive to good conversation. And when you to like strategize in games nobody wants to do it with you

[quote name='kcobra22']I like how when you Google "xbox live down", you get every forum talking about it...and a bunch of people demanding MSP since they paid for this service, or that they're switching to PS4 next gen.[/QUOTE]

I am entitled to be outraged.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']man, XBL is pretty quiet these days. I'm new to live, but I always heard that there was a lot of chatting, or at least some communication for gameplay's sake. Found one person with a mic, said hi...dead silence. Maybe my voice is turning people off, I don't know. So question: do you use your mic online, outside of with friends obviously?[/QUOTE]

When they created the Party feature, games became ghost towns, no more random people talking and hitting it off anymore.

[quote name='kvadair']Out of curiosity, for those of you that have bought the twisted pixel bundle how does it score on the current Xbox rewards offer? Just curious if it counts as four games or one.[/QUOTE]
It takes a few days for it to show up, so they won't know until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest.

[quote name='Komentra']So anyone have any recommendations for what to spend 1200 MSP on? Preferably something on sale.[/QUOTE]

The Twisted Pixel bundle is a pretty good deal for 800...

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']tylerh1701 - Please check your PMs, have a major update/modification for 2nd Post Spoilers[/QUOTE]

Poker Night 2?

Real Steel has an abysmal 40% Metacritic rating (from a paltry 7 critic reviews)....but I think I'm going to buy it anyway. Sleazy micro transactions aside, me (and my 2 young boys) were having some fun with the demo.

[quote name='seppuku']Real Steel has an abysmal 40% Metacritic rating (from a paltry 7 critic reviews)....but I think I'm going to buy it anyway. Sleazy micro transactions aside, me (and my 2 young boys) were having some fun with the demo.[/QUOTE]

you should write your own review, bump that average up;)

So I still need to spend 800MSP, and I'm not interested in any of these sales. In the event there is nothing for me again on the last week, I'll all but certainly pick up one of these:

Fez
Braid
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Iron Brigade (or is it Trenched now?)
Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX

So my question is: which of these would do you expect is the least likely to go on sale in the future? I don't normally buy much of anything at full price, so I'd like to pick the one that probably won't drop anytime soon, as I plan to get them all eventually. I'm most interested in Fez at the moment, but that also seems the most likely to go on sale, so I'm rather torn:whistle2:k

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So I still need to spend 800MSP, and I'm not interested in any of these sales. In the event there is nothing for me again on the last week, I'll all but certainly pick up one of these:

Fez
Braid

So my question is: which of these would do you expect is the least likely to go on sale in the future? I don't normally buy much of anything at full price, so I'd like to pick the one that probably won't drop anytime soon, as I plan to get them all eventually. I'm most interested in Fez at the moment, but that also seems the most likely to go on sale, so I'm rather torn:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Iron Brigad/Trenched I think is least likely...BUT Fez is awesome and worth it if you're thinking about it. Also, if you are down to your last 800msp, justify it as free, since you will get 800msp after buying it.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Iron Brigad/Trenched I think is least likely...BUT Fez is awesome and worth it if you're thinking about it. Also, if you are down to your last 800msp, justify it as free, since you will get 800msp after buying it.[/QUOTE]

well I might have to top myself off. I'm stuck in that awful 300MSP loop that never seems to end:drool:

So a little off topic but can be tied into the sales....I searched around but couldn't find anything...I remember we had some people making lists of the games that had never been on sale. Is that list floating around here still? It would be helpful for those of us determined to get all the reward punches for this month but not interested in the games on sale...

Obviously minecraft and most of the recent releases....but doom 1 and 2 never had sales (doom2 had a price drop) and it seems wolfenstein 3d has disappeared... :(

[quote name='irafreak']So a little off topic but can be tied into the sales....I searched around but couldn't find anything...I remember we had some people making lists of the games that had never been on sale. Is that list floating around here still? It would be helpful for those of us determined to get all the reward punches for this month but not interested in the games on sale...[/QUOTE]
It's in tylerh1701's sig.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So I still need to spend 800MSP, and I'm not interested in any of these sales. In the event there is nothing for me again on the last week, I'll all but certainly pick up one of these:

Fez
Braid

So my question is: which of these would do you expect is the least likely to go on sale in the future? I don't normally buy much of anything at full price, so I'd like to pick the one that probably won't drop anytime soon, as I plan to get them all eventually. I'm most interested in Fez at the moment, but that also seems the most likely to go on sale, so I'm rather torn:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

That would be the non Microsoft-published game. IE. Pacman CE DX. Great game too. :)

[quote name='jtron']Would buying the Twisted Pixel bundle count toward the punchcards for April?[/QUOTE]
That will be nice. Once for the 800msp and, if we're lucky, count more than once for the 400msp. JKust bought Twisted Pixel Bundle. Find out in a few days.

Just need to buy Minecraft and spend another 800msp to get that puchcard punched. At least that's how I understand it.

Fez
Braid

I think ooga's probably right that it's Pacman CE, but I'd definitely recommend Braid. It doesn't drop in price all that often, and in my opinion is the best of that bunch by a wide margin.

[quote name='irafreak']So a little off topic but can be tied into the sales....I searched around but couldn't find anything...I remember we had some people making lists of the games that had never been on sale. Is that list floating around here still? It would be helpful for those of us determined to get all the reward punches for this month but not interested in the games on sale...

Obviously minecraft and most of the recent releases....but doom 1 and 2 never had sales (doom2 had a price drop) and it seems wolfenstein 3d has disappeared... :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bloomy']It's in tylerh1701's sig.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Fez
Braid

Probably PAC-Man or Iron Brigade.
As far as which is best ill go with PAC-Man, with Braid as a close second.

Bionic Commando Rearmed received a lot of critical acclaim from the press (Metacritic 85), while the sequel didn't fair nearly as well (Metacritic 62). However, the demo for Rearmed 2 seemed to have more fluid gameplay and better visuals than its predecessor. Am I missing something? Why all the love the first one? Are the overhead sequences in that game so much better than the alternate sequences in 2, or was it the rosy-tinted glasses of nostalgia that put Rearmed in such high favor? Everything I've read waxes ecstatic about what a wonderful re-imaging of the original Bionic Commando Rearmed turned out to be, but the sequel was nothing spectacular. I'm sure this topic was hashed out before, but does anyone have both games and want to share their opinion on the comparison?

I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row and decide which games I want to get this week when the sales drop.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I think ooga's probably right that it's Pacman CE, but I'd definitely recommend Braid. It doesn't drop in price all that often, and in my opinion is the best of that bunch by a wide margin.[/QUOTE]

Personally I think Braid is the least likely to budge in price any time soon by virtue of the fact that it's so old now. Not a very dependable factor, granted - as a counterpoint, Geon got its first discount a good 5-ish years after release - but Braid had a hype train it rode in on, it's parked at the station now, and the majority of Xbox Live sales revolve around recent hotness. XBLDB says it hasn't been on sale in exactly two years to the month.

My personal favorite out of that bunch is Iron Brigade "by a wide margin," though they're all pretty cool.

if there are any other great 800 point games I'm missing, feel free to chime in on those too. I'm sure I missed something I've been wanting, the list is hard to keep track of lol note: not a fan of fighters.

And I guess I'll be choosing between Pac man and Braid from the sounds of it. Hmm:whistle2:k

BCR2's levels are less interesting. Almost every change they made was for the worse. The swinging controls were made unnecessarily more fiddly. The soundtrack is worse by miles. The plot is somewhere really uncomfortable, taking the cartoony delight of BCR1 and the grim gritty dark whatever nonsense of BC and mixing them together to create a really awkwardly dissonant tone.

It's not a game that's inherently bad. It's just... not good. That's a hard prognosis to deliver well in words. But I was bored just trying to get to the end of it.

Now that may have been that I was sick of the franchise as I can't even replay Rearmed 1 all that well now but it sure didn't seem like Rearmed 2 captured any of what made Rearmed 1 good.

[quote name='seppuku']Bionic Commando Rearmed received a lot of critical acclaim from the press (Metacritic 85), while the sequel didn't fair nearly as well (Metacritic 62). However, the demo for Rearmed 2 seemed to have more fluid gameplay and better visuals than its predecessor. Am I missing something? Why all the love the first one? Are the overhead sequences in that game so much better than the alternate sequences in 2, or was it the rosy-tinted glasses of nostalgia that put Rearmed in such high favor? Everything I've read waxes ecstatic about what a wonderful re-imaging of the original Bionic Commando Rearmed turned out to be, but the sequel was nothing spectacular. I'm sure this topic was hashed out before, but does anyone have both games and want to share their opinion on the comparison?

I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row and decide which games I want to get this week when the sales drop.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this helps. But I remember at the time that it came out most critics blasted the sequel as being sacrilegious for allowing the Bionic Commando to jump. Most people considered it turned what was then a novel platformer into something more standard fare. I never played the sequel. But I suppose the other problem with it is that the first one was basically a remake of the NES original so it likely got some nostalgia points. But I guess having a jump mechanic does probably make it a bit more standard than a cool swinging game. And my guess is without probably great level design what you get with it is just a standard platformer. They probably included the jump mechanic to make the game easier and more populist, hence the critics dissing the game for going down that route. Though you don't have to use the jump button and in fact you get an achievement for not doing so. Still. It does sound like a decent one and I have a sense it's a better choice to buy than most XBLA games that have a similar metacritic. As I said, I haven't played it, but that's the sense I got from the reviews. I might actually pick it up. I could use a decent platformer and don't have too many good XBLA games left that I don't currently own.

[quote name='seppuku']Bionic Commando Rearmed received a lot of critical acclaim from the press (Metacritic 85), while the sequel didn't fair nearly as well (Metacritic 62). However, the demo for Rearmed 2 seemed to have more fluid gameplay and better visuals than its predecessor. Am I missing something? Why all the love the first one? Are the overhead sequences in that game so much better than the alternate sequences in 2, or was it the rosy-tinted glasses of nostalgia that put Rearmed in such high favor? Everything I've read waxes ecstatic about what a wonderful re-imaging of the original Bionic Commando Rearmed turned out to be, but the sequel was nothing spectacular. I'm sure this topic was hashed out before, but does anyone have both games and want to share their opinion on the comparison?

I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row and decide which games I want to get this week when the sales drop.[/QUOTE]
The second game seems great for the first two-thirds of the game, then it gets stupid hard for the rest of the game. It blows all of the good will that it had at first and ends up being a decent game at best. Rearmed is a great game that was a lot of fun to play while not being too hard.

Edit: Looking at my review, it also has lots of framerate/screen tearing issues in that last part of the game.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Personally I think Braid is the least likely to budge in price any time soon by virtue of the fact that it's so old now. Not a very dependable factor, granted - as a counterpoint, Geon got its first discount a good 5-ish years after release - but Braid had a hype train it rode in on, it's parked at the station now, and the majority of Xbox Live sales revolve around recent hotness. XBLDB says it hasn't been on sale in exactly two years to the month.

My personal favorite out of that bunch is Iron Brigade "by a wide margin," though they're all pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

It was on sale within the past year through the Sales & Specials app for whatever that's worth.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']if there are any other great 800 point games I'm missing, feel free to chime in on those too. I'm sure I missed something I've been wanting, the list is hard to keep track of lol note: not a fan of fighters.

And I guess I'll be choosing between Pac man and Braid from the sounds of it. Hmm:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Half Minute Hero.

[quote name='RollingSkull']BCR2's levels are less interesting. Almost every change they made was for the worse. The swinging controls were made unnecessarily more fiddly. The soundtrack is worse by miles. The plot is somewhere really uncomfortable, taking the cartoony delight of BCR1 and the grim gritty dark whatever nonsense of BC and mixing them together to create a really awkwardly dissonant tone.

It's not a game that's inherently bad. It's just... not good. That's a hard prognosis to deliver well in words. But I was bored just trying to get to the end of it.

Now that may have been that I was sick of the franchise as I can't even replay Rearmed 1 all that well now but it sure didn't seem like Rearmed 2 captured any of what made Rearmed 1 good.[/QUOTE]

I'd pretty much echo this exact sentiment, as well as what Frisky said. BCR2 felt kind of uninspired, you even had to fight the same bosses multiple times. It also felt really bloated, which is probably why RollingSkull was bored trying to get to the end of it. I felt the same way, the game has about 23 levels and I think 15 or so would have been enough. Also, most of the weapon upgrades in BCR2 were meaningless, whereas the upgrades in the 1st one were welcome and extremely useful.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Half Minute Hero.[/QUOTE]
The Steam version's much better, as it has all of the content from the original game and the option to use the new art style if you want.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']if there are any other great 800 point games I'm missing, feel free to chime in on those too. I'm sure I missed something I've been wanting, the list is hard to keep track of lol note: not a fan of fighters.

And I guess I'll be choosing between Pac man and Braid from the sounds of it. Hmm:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Wait until next week dude, there are still two dotw's until this month finishes (23th & 30th), that count for the rewards.

[quote name='Ozonekill']That Twisted Pixel Bundle seems like a good deal. I have no idea if I will like those games though.[/QUOTE]

Try the demos. In my opinion they are all really good games except for Comic Jumper that one I couldn't get into but I did put a lot of hours into Splosion Man when it first came out and The Maw is very relaxing and fun. Ms.Splosion man is also quite enjoyable from the little bit I played I still haven't beaten it yet.

[quote name='Ozonekill']That Twisted Pixel Bundle seems like a good deal. I have no idea if I will like those games though.[/QUOTE]
At the very least you'll like both 'Splosion games

They're the best speed platformers since Sonic was in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back