XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']So it sounds like Skyrim DLC is done. I would expect a GOTY version soon I hope.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...-Bethesda-Moves-On-To-Its-Next-Adventure.html

"Skyrim has been a labor of love for us since we started designing it in 2006. We never imagined it would become the phenomenon it has. And that is because of you, the fans. It was all of you who made it a success. We can’t thank you enough for embracing the game, spreading the word, and making it your own.

For the last year and a half we’ve been working on new content for Skyrim; from the game updates, Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, Kinect support, to DLCs. Parts of our team have also been in pre-production on our next major project, and that game is at the point where it requires the studio’s full attention to make it our biggest and best work yet.

Even though we’re moving on, we’ll still have minor updates to Skyrim as needed. We’ve invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it.

We loved hearing your stories, your in-game triumphs, and your suggestions. One thing stuck out to us through those emails, letters, and postings. And that is – video games matter. They’re as important to you as they are to us. It’s not just about entertainment, it’s about your time. And you chose to spend it with our game.

Thank you again for all your support. We hope you stay engaged in the gaming community here and elsewhere. Keep spreading the word. Games are the world’s best entertainment because they can do what other forms cannot – fill you with the wonder of exploration and the pride of accomplishment. We look forward to sharing our next adventure with you.

Until next time,

Bethesda Game Studios"[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it was already announced or leaked. Either someone here or on some website had a link that showed an edition with all 3 dlc's with the main game.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']yeah, Braid is a lot like Winterbottom (or the other way around I guess), so I wouldn't expect you to enjoy one if you didn't like the other, at least not to much. Bastion, it's really it's own game. The cool thing about it is that everything is narrated, but in a really awesome overly dramatic way, and the art is very well done. The gameplay so far has been somewhat like a top down brawler, but I expect it will end up being somewhat like a Metroivania sort of game once I'm farther in, at least it just feels like it's headed that way. I can't really think of anything I dislike about it, but then again I've only gotten about an hour in tops.[/QUOTE]

I cannot praise Winterbottom enough. That game has so much personality it's amazing. I held off on buying it as I wasn't sure if I'd be into the whole style of the game as I have enough colourless Xbox games in my backlog, but holy dooly that game has some charm and knocked my pants off. It's definitely one of the most overlooked XBLA games in my opinion, a total buried treasure.

As for Bastion. To be honest the game mechanics are alright but I never found myself invested in the actual world. The story is too meh for me and feels like I'm trying to understand something without much background. It reminds me a bit like Mario in which none of the actual enemies seem to make sense in what they are all doing in the same world together. It is a bit of a mishmash like that. And I wish there was something more cohesive to explain how all these various creatures inhabit the same reality, or even how the reality works. I guess for me considering that so much of the story and gameplay revolves around rebuilding a world that was destroyed by a calamity, that I wanted to actually care about this world and want to see it restored to it's original glory. The Neverending Story made me feel that way within a 90 minute length. I've played this thing for hours and still don't really understand or care, so as much as I enjoy it, there's something missing in it for me. Without the narration it would just be a standard isometric hack and slash. I just wish it had more of a Bioshock style of story to it as so much could have been done. But then again I'm someone who loves games with great stories and in an era where we have The Walking Dead I'm craving some more good story driven XBLA games in fact I'm contemplating picking up Amy and I Am Alive just for those reasons as I still need 1600 pts for my last punchcard of this month (praying there will be better sales in the last two weeks but that's how desperate I am at the moment). I do have to say that I picked Bastion up on one of the Humble Bundle deals and tried it out there first, maybe it's just me but I found the controls are a lot better on a keyboard and mouse in terms of being able to aim your throw/shoot attack. This made some of the challenge rooms (Proving Grounds) on the console very very difficult for me to finish and so there were way too many times I threw down a controller in frustration cause it just wasn't doing what I wanted it to do. Whereas I was awesome at doing them on my Mac. If you do PC/Mac game I would highly recommend it for that system over XBLA and it runs on fairly low specs as my 2008 'crap'book can run it fine. I've also heard that the iOS version is pretty good too but I haven't tried it out yet.

Interesting mistake. I'll bite. And maybe this time I'll get my friend back into it so we can finally beat it.

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='zarda1']Some of the deals for tomorrow are already live, someone must have been in a hurry to get it done.[/QUOTE]

Yup, was just coming in here to post that. I just bought I Am Alive. Going to start playing this one right away! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dthib87']Is this a glitch? If not screw you microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Most likely. It's supposed to go on sale tomorrow for Gold members but has already been reduced.. Someone must have accidentally made it free for Silver when they updated it.

Thanks for the heads up on Laura Croft.

Wow, I had no idea I had 200 MSP on the Silver account I made for my friends to play on as guests on Xbox Live. They must be from the promotion years ago where you customized a car, and voted on other cars. I thought I got an even 800 MSP, but it must have been 200 more. My first thought is get a Rock Band 3 track, but I'd like to keep all those purchases on the same gamertag.

Heh, grabbed GoL on my girlfriends account. We'd been playing through on Steam, but I'm happy to grab a copy on the XBox. I wonder if she'd be interested in starting over on the XBox - my laptop can handle it, but I'd prefer to play on a console if possible.

Awesome heads up on the GoL free game. One question about it though.

I'm downloading it on my silver account to a thumb drive. Any need for license migration since it's all on the same xbox and stored on a thumb drive?

I'm curious about that too. Downloaded on my spare Silver account but am not sure how to transfer the license to play it with my Gold account on the same Xbox console?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Kane & Lynch DLC is always free, but it's easily my favorite DLC ever.[/QUOTE]

The All The Trappings DLC was also free the first month it was out so if you got it back then, you should be able to re-download it.

Shouldn't be any need for any license transfers.

Thank you Tyler for putting that in the title and to whomever for finding that out. Man what a good day, first free comic jumper and now this. Too bad I can't download them till I see what the dl size for tomorrow's BO2 Uprising dlc is going to be.

[quote name='kylerg']Speculation on when this will be fixed?[/QUOTE]

lol, there's really no telling with these things. If you're thinking of biting, it's definitely one of those "GET TO DA CHOPPA" things. By that I mean go. Now.

[quote name='kylerg']Speculation on when this will be fixed?[/QUOTE]

In the last couple of minutes I've seen two reports that the purchase wouldn't go through for silver accounts. They may have caught on.

Did it on my lil brothers account but now im trying to do it for his friend and its not working so I guess they caught on to it already. Well at least my brother has it and I had bought it a long time ago so ill play coop with him.

[quote name='Twista48']I DLed Lar Croft to my silver account but I dont have the slightest idea how to get it on my main account[/QUOTE]
Me neither. Glad I was able to snag it though.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Thank you Tyler for putting that in the title and to whomever for finding that out. Man what a good day, first free comic jumper and now this. Too bad I can't download them till I see what the dl size for tomorrow's BO2 Uprising dlc is going to be.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. How did you get Comic Jumper for free?

[quote name='Twista48']I DLed Lar Croft to my silver account but I dont have the slightest idea how to get it on my main account[/QUOTE]

I believe that the only way it will download is while your signed in to your silver account. After its done just sign in to your Gold xbox account and go to My Games and the game should be there. Hope this helps.

Looks like it is patched. Tried it both on the website and on the Xbox.

Xbox comes up with an error code and website says it can't be completed at this time.

You can't transfer any content between accounts, however, once you download it with the silver account, you will be able to access and play it on your Main one, as long as it is on the same console.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']You can't transfer any content between accounts, however, once you download it with the silver account, you will be able to access and play it on your Main one, as long as it is on the same console.[/QUOTE]

oh alright then

[quote name='StryderOmega']Looks like it is patched. Tried it both on the website and on the Xbox.

Xbox comes up with an error code and website says it can't be completed at this time.[/QUOTE]
Same here. That sucks. Why did I pick tonight to get out of the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back