XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the demo for Sacred Citadel and it seems to be an enjoyable time waster. It may not be a great purchase at $15, but I may wait for a deal or something later.

So I finally bought I Am Alive and have spent a couple hours with it. I'm liking it but it's different than what I expected. I think I was expecting Uncharted but it's not at all about action, in fact the action sort of sucks. Be warned, it's a climbing game. Which I like. It's actually a bit of a puzzle game in some ways as you have to sort out how to get from A to B and it doesn't hold your hand as much as other games do when it comes to this. It reminds me a lot of those levels in Assassin's Creed 2 when you had to sort your way through a tomb, except I think it's done a lot better than that (though it doesn't look as polished and pretty). And it doesn't allow you to make stupid jumps that cause you to leap to your death. I will say it is weird how brutal the game allows you to be. There are moments when bad guys get down to their knees and put their weapons down once you scare them into submission and you can either leave them be at times or you can execute them brutally. I've been leaving them be as my run-through is as a nice guy, but in a lot of ways the game does let you be a really evil person if you want it to. I might play it again and shoot more people - though bullets are limited as there were a few people who drew guns on me and I backed up and let them be rather than get involved with them. Might change that in my next run through the game. All in all it isn't the most exciting game but it's definitely worth the points if you are into this sort of gameplay.

Gave the Sacred demo a whirl and came away disappointed. Was expecting much more out of the Sacred name. Definitely not worth 1200, though I can see myself picking it up down the line for 400.

EDIT: Doesn't God Mode drop today? Looks like that game and another to be determined are going to be topping off my April rewards rather than Sacred.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']xbldb.com search[/QUOTE]

thanks much.. that sites layed out kinda crappily but it kinda works. If im reading it right, it looks like vandal hears only went on sale once for like $5 off, not that great.

I went ahead and said screw it and payed the 800 points for the comic jumper pack. Figure its a good enough price

[quote name='Kenshindono']thanks much.. that sites layed out kinda crappily but it kinda works. [/QUOTE]

I'm sure Spylon will love seeing this...

Well the Xbox Live Rewards page has fixed itself and realized that I shouldn't have 4 punches as some of the games I bought were under 400pts. Just a word to the wise as it was showing that punchcard complete for the last week so if you had the same situation happen and expect to get their free month of live. Doesn't look like we'll be that lucky. I'll be buying more games anyway so no big deal.

[quote name='skonson']Well the Xbox Live Rewards page has fixed itself and realized that I shouldn't have 4 punches as some of the games I bought were under 400pts. Just a word to the wise as it was showing that punchcard complete for the last week so if you had the same situation happen and expect to get their free month of live. Doesn't look like we'll be that lucky. I'll be buying more games anyway so no big deal.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. I went from 3 purchases to 1. I still need to spend $25 anyway, so it's not too big a deal, I guess.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Hmmm...I really enjoyed the Black Knight Sword demo, I think it's an easy buy for me at 400 MSP. That means I've only got 2800 MSP left to spend to get the Xbox Rewards deal. Anybody have any suggestions on what else I should get? (Not really).[/QUOTE]

Why force yourself to spend 2800 only to get 800 back? If you're not within a 1000 points already I wouldn't recommend doing this. You can always pick up these games when they finally go on sale for 50% off. Buying stuff at full price now just for this promo doesn't make sense.

PS. You were right. I hated puzzle arcade. :(

[quote name='ooga']Why force yourself to spend 2800 only to get 800 back? If you're not within a 1000 points already I wouldn't recommend doing this. You can always pick up these games when they finally go on sale for 50% off. Buying stuff at full price now just for this promo doesn't make sense[/QUOTE]

lol I was thinking the same thing. I'm not going to buy something if I don't really want it, just to get a few points back. It's only a good deal if the games you are buying are games you actually want.

[quote name='ooga']Why force yourself to spend 2800 only to get 800 back? If you're not within a 1000 points already I wouldn't recommend doing this. You can always pick up these games when they finally go on sale for 50% off. Buying stuff at full price now just for this promo doesn't make sense.

PS. You were right. I hated puzzle arcade. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was kidding, I guess the (Not Really) didn't convey that message well enough.

And yeah, Puzzle Arcade is not very good IMO. If I want to do jigsaw puzzles, I'll go to one of the million websites that provide free ones, and be able to do it with a better method of input (mouse vs. controller joystick).

Hmm, I'm 1000 points away from getting 800 back and 1 game away from getting a month of live. Hoping for some good stuff in next weeks sales. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon comes out the day after this promo ends, right? It would work perfectly for me if it were eligible...

[quote name='Doctor Who']Looks like we may be getting a GOTY equivalent retail release for Skyrim with all the DLC;

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14690-Skyrim--Legendary-Edition-Listing-Emerges.html

Shame I already bought the DLC and haven't played it yet, but ah well.[/QUOTE]

Time time to sell-off my vanilla copy I picked up a year ago for $30, woot woot. \\:D/

I am disappoint at the bad mouthing of Sacred Citadel. Screenshots looked like a graphically weird Golden Axe, which I would've gladly been on-board for.

[quote name='ooga']Why force yourself to spend 2800 only to get 800 back? If you're not within a 1000 points already I wouldn't recommend doing this. You can always pick up these games when they finally go on sale for 50% off. Buying stuff at full price now just for this promo doesn't make sense.

PS. You were right. I hated puzzle arcade. :([/QUOTE]
Why? So you can get that VIP exclusive for finishing all 3 goals for the month. :lol:

[quote name='irafreak']Why? So you can get that VIP exclusive for finishing all 3 goals for the month. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand your question. Spending an extra 1000 MSPs on games, even if you're not that interested in them, and getting 800 back, basically will cost you 200 msps to get a 1000 msp game (if one exist). That's 80% off the current price.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I got it as part of the 360 Holiday Bundle, so I suppose just buying the DLC would be cheaper. Is it actually worth playing though? I've been hearing mostly 'meh' opinions:cry:[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Skyrim? Are you crazy asking that? Yes its worth playing!

And in this case regarding a GOTY. Seems like at least for now that buying the disc cheap and DLC on sale was actually cheaper. Spent $39 total getting the game and all the DLC. :D

The more I play Hell Yeah!, the more I am enjoying it. I would never have gotten it for 15$, but for 6$ it is a fun, yet childish at times, platformer.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Funny to think you're nominated for a CAG award...[/QUOTE]

Which one, most negative comments in Xbox 360 related threads 2012 ??

I kid......kind of ;)

There are cag awards? Wtf. It better be awards like "biggest coupon stack and discount in a GameStop transaction" or "best YMMV grab at a target." Receipts for proof required of course...

I'm not of the majority, but I really dig Sacred Citadel. The lite RPG elements and weapon collecting is fun, as is replaying stages to beat the various challenges.
Is it overprices? Yes. If it was 800MSP, it'd be a much easier buy and the fact that with the DLC it's essentially double that price, it's hard to really say it's absolutely worth shelling out that much unless you have a stockpile of points or you're dying for one more Punch Card mark.
I'm having a ton of fun with it, though, and while I don't regret the $20 I spent on it, if you're really concerned, wait for a price drop.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Are you talking about Skyrim? Are you crazy asking that? Yes its worth playing!

And in this case regarding a GOTY. Seems like at least for now that buying the disc cheap and DLC on sale was actually cheaper. Spent $39 total getting the game and all the DLC. :D[/QUOTE]

No, I meant the DLC. Obviously Skyrim is awesome, but I haven't heard to much good things about the DLC (Dragonborn got some good reviews, but Heathfire and Dawnguard [that's what it's call right] not so much).

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']No, I meant the DLC. Obviously Skyrim is awesome, but I haven't heard to much good things about the DLC (Dragonborn got some good reviews, but Heathfire and Dawnguard [that's what it's call right] not so much).[/QUOTE]

I think youre reading the wrong things. And the DLC is great. Only one people didnt care for much was Hearthfire since it is just building houses and having children. Although I didn't care much for it, it was still worth $2 so Im not going to say its not worth it at that price. Dont regret buying any of it. $22.50 for all the DLC....Yea the DLC is worth it.

[quote name='benjamouth']Which one, most negative comments in Xbox 360 related threads 2012 ??

I kid......kind of ;)[/QUOTE]
The Keepin' It Real Award.

Finally passed ten hours on the Time Played punch card and should be my second punches on the other two in another day or two. I'm going to keep playing Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes to get the last ten hours and I'll have to see what else is coming next week before I decide how to fill out the rest of the punch cards.

I'm not getting this punchcard stuff. Well, I get it when reading it, but I don't get how I've spent 1960 points but I only have one punch for the "spend 3200 get 800 back" promo. Same with the 1 month, I only have to punches yet I bought 4 games that were equall or above 400 points. On the bright side, I do have the play 20 hours punchcard filled thanks to plants vs zombies.

[quote name='Vap']I'm not getting this punchcard stuff. Well, I get it when reading it, but I don't get how I've spent 1960 points but I only have one punch for the "spend 3200 get 800 back" promo. Same with the 1 month, I only have to punches yet I bought 4 games that were equall or above 400 points. On the bright side, I do have the play 20 hours punchcard filled thanks to plants vs zombies.[/QUOTE]
If you bought them in the past few days, it won't show up yet as it takes 3-5 days for them to show up on the site.

I just downloaded God Mode and realized it does not have local co-op besides LAN.

Too bad, the game is just sub par I feel but with local co-op I could have seen me having fun with a buddy.

Oh well, off to find a different 800 MSP game to finish off my punch card crap!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Keepin' It Real Award.

Finally passed ten hours on the Time Played punch card and should be my second punches on the other two in another day or two. I'm going to keep playing Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes to get the last ten hours and I'll have to see what else is coming next week before I decide how to fill out the rest of the punch cards.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually play or just leave your console on?
I tried both ways and don't even have 5 hours somehow..

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Did you actually play or just leave your console on?
I tried both ways and don't even have 5 hours somehow..[/QUOTE]
I actually played the games and kept making sure I was still logged in so it counted. It takes up to five days for it to count, so it's not instantaneous.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']No, I meant the DLC. Obviously Skyrim is awesome, but I haven't heard to much good things about the DLC (Dragonborn got some good reviews, but Heathfire and Dawnguard [that's what it's call right] not so much).[/QUOTE]

The combination of vampires and not having a new area in the way Dragonborn has was what the majority of the negative reviews from Dawnguard came from.

Kinda sad this is it, Oblivion had a lot more extra content come out to me. Don't understand why they'd kill the golden goose so soon. Just hire a bunch of programmers to do more Skyrim content for a year.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you bought them in the past few days, it won't show up yet as it takes 3-5 days for them to show up on the site.[/QUOTE]

Ok. I think it's been 3 or 4 days. Thank you.

I'm also surprised about the Skyrim DLC. I haven't played any of them but I was expecting them to go out with a bang like they did with Shivering Islands.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The combination of vampires and not having a new area in the way Dragonborn has was what the majority of the negative reviews from Dawnguard came from.

Kinda sad this is it, Oblivion had a lot more extra content come out to me. Don't understand why they'd kill the golden goose so soon. Just hire a bunch of programmers to do more Skyrim content for a year.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Stellar Inertia']I think youre reading the wrong things. And the DLC is great. Only one people didnt care for much was Hearthfire since it is just building houses and having children. Although I didn't care much for it, it was still worth $2 so Im not going to say its not worth it at that price. Dont regret buying any of it. $22.50 for all the DLC....Yea the DLC is worth it.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's just a bit more mixed than the Oblivion DLC. Still sounds worth it though, so if I ever finish the main quest, I might pick them up next time they are on sale.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Did you actually play or just leave your console on?
I tried both ways and don't even have 5 hours somehow..[/QUOTE]
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I actually played the games and kept making sure I was still logged in so it counted. It takes up to five days for it to count, so it's not instantaneous.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how, but I'm up to three punches already. It took a good 5-7 days to update for me, so just give it some time.

[quote name='Vap']Ok. I think it's been 3 or 4 days. Thank you. [/QUOTE]

The punch cards are really slow. The time one seems to take the longest to update, around 5-7 days for me, and the other two still took nearly a week as well. Don't worry to much about it, just make sure you've purchased enough for them to count (ie. don't count on it glitching like a lot of people have had happened, and giving you bonus punches):)

^You havent beaten the main quest? Dang you must either hardly have played it or are doing a ton of side missions. Main quest took like 6-8 hours total. Its so short.

Thinking of getting I Am Alive but Im probably not. Wanna save my stockpile of MSP for the day they finally put ME2 and ME3 on sale. Or ill cave eventually. :cry:

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']^You havent beaten the main quest? Dang you must either hardly have played it or are doing a ton of side missions. Main quest took like 6-8 hours total. Its so short.

Thinking of getting I Am Alive but Im probably not. Wanna save my stockpile of MSP for the day they finally put ME2 and ME3 on sale. Or ill cave eventually. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I get side tracked SOOOOOO easily. I've been focusing on the thieves guild lately, it's been a lot more interesting to me than the main story for whatever reason. I've probably played about 25-30 hours or so, but raptr isn't showing my time right so who knows.

Didn't realize it's so short though, though it was in the 20-25 hour range. Will boot it up later and see how far I've got (should be at least 1/2-2/3 through I think).

Also wish ME DLC would go on sale, but not on 360 as I have the games on PS3. I expect sales would be similar on both platforms though.

Not just playing devil's advocate here but I don't know if I'm just Elder Scrolls'd out from all the time I spent in Oblivion or what, but I felt nothing for Skyrim and playing it felt like a chore. I sold my couple after having it for a few days recouping just about all of the 30 bucks I had paid for it. There is a minority out there that it just doesn't click for.

That being said I will still pick up the GOTY when it inevitably drops as I have a weakness. for collecting complete packages like that.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Im the opposite. Cant stand oblivion despite trying to like it. I love Skyrim.[/QUOTE]
Yep. Didn't like Oblivion very much and Skyrim turned it around for me.

Getting pretty annoyed that next week's sale hasn't been announced. For those that pay closer attention to this stuff, when do they usually make these announcements (when not through Major Nelson)?

I'm holding off on grabbing I am Alive until I know what I'll be passing up. That game now has a forbidden fruit aura around it for me. Not sure I can hold out much longer.

EDIT: Thanks for the quick reply.

[quote name='in boston']Getting pretty annoyed that next week's sale hasn't been announced. For those that pay closer attention to this stuff, when do they usually make these announcements (when not through Major Nelson)?

I'm holding off on grabbing I am Alive until I know what I'll be passing up. That game now has a forbidden fruit aura around it for me. Not sure I can hold out much longer.[/QUOTE]
Major Nelson almost always posts the upcoming deals on the day they go into effect (Tuesday) unless he/they want to brag about them, so you're probably not going to hear anything until next week. i don't think anybody besides Major Nelson posts that sort of stuff, but I could be wrong about that.
[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Im not the only one! :cool:[/QUOTE]
The Oblivion Gate stuff is what turned me off of it once I got to that part. The demonic stuff just didn't fit what I had seen of the world up to that point, but other mechanical stuff were also factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back