XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Great news! This bad boy is coming out tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

My god. I'm consistently amazed that there are a group of people who sit down in a room to try to figure out the best idea for a game so that they can A: make money, B: give a unique experience, C: express their creativity as artists, D: create amazing gameplay for the end user. And this is the best they can do? For real? Wasn't there a moment when someone said this is a terrible terrible idea for a game and won't sell squat? How does a company form around people with absolutely no common sense. The developers are the same guys who did Chime which was a charming puzzler where 60% of the profit went to charity. Maybe this will actually be a great game in an awful way, but seriously. Why waste the time and talent of otherwise good game developers on something like this when you can just work on an HD port of Shaq-Fu!?

Btw Tyler I keep wanting to thank you for reminding me of Home Movies. Because of your profile pic here, I was reminded of the show's first season which I loved. I had to look it up on Wikipedia and discovered that they made another few season a few years ago, something I didn't know and now I'm laughing my arse off on a consistent basis catching up.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Great news! This bad boy is coming out tomorrow...[/QUOTE]
If I need an excuse to fight Snoop Dogg/Lion I'll just put in Def Jam: Fight for NY.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I agree 110%.[/QUOTE]

/facepalm

Logic does not compute

Back to on topic, am really getting into Catan. Grabbed the Simpsons this week also for nostalgic reasons. Overall a good few sales the last 3-4 weeks

I forgot Way of the Dogg existed. Hmm. I gotta say, out of all the goofball rappers out there, Snoop does have one of the most stupidly endearing personalities.

Picked up the Star Wars tables in accordance with my solemn vow to buy pinball tables whenever they are on sale. Also decided to get Skulls of the Shogun. I know it's not on sale, but it looks awesome, I love the genre, and hey, it's 400 points less than when it was released, at least.

Is that really the Snoop D-O double G?! That game is gonna be off the hizzle fa shizzle my nizzle, grabbing it for the XBizzle gonna play some coop with the wizzle and maybe my brizzles.

Anyways, woke up today and I added Simpsons to my list of deals snatched this week (Castlevania, Scott Pilgrim + DLC, and X-Men) making my week an XBL Arcade shopping spree. That's a lot for me but I figured I could play a couple with the wife and friends so not a bad deal.

Is $5 the lowest these pinball games go for? I'm considering Star Wars.

[quote name='skonson']My god. I'm consistently amazed that there are a group of people who sit down in a room to try to figure out the best idea for a game so that they can A: make money, B: give a unique experience, C: express their creativity as artists, D: create amazing gameplay for the end user. And this is the best they can do? For real? Wasn't there a moment when someone said this is a terrible terrible idea for a game and won't sell squat? How does a company form around people with absolutely no common sense. The developers are the same guys who did Chime which was a charming puzzler where 60% of the profit went to charity. Maybe this will actually be a great game in an awful way, but seriously. Why waste the time and talent of otherwise good game developers on something like this when you can just work on an HD port of Shaq-Fu!?

Btw Tyler I keep wanting to thank you for reminding me of Home Movies. Because of your profile pic here, I was reminded of the show's first season which I loved. I had to look it up on Wikipedia and discovered that they made another few season a few years ago, something I didn't know and now I'm laughing my arse off on a consistent basis catching up.[/QUOTE]

It's a great show. I didn't start watching until years after it went off the air, but it makes me laugh on a consistent basis.

As for Way of the Dogg, I hate to judge a game before it's even out, but it definitely looks bad. Add to that the fact that it looks like it's built as a mobile game, and the controller inputs are going to feel shoehorned in, and it's got the perfect recipe for disaster.

[quote name='bshirk']Is $5 the lowest these pinball games go for? I'm considering Star Wars.[/QUOTE]For the packs of 3 or 4 tables, yes. They pretty much go for 1/2 price when on sale.

[quote name='bshirk']Is $5 the lowest these pinball games go for? I'm considering Star Wars.[/QUOTE]

Just tried out all the tables and I'm not a Star Wars fan at all, but they're all pretty good. I think the Empire Strikes Back table is the weakest of them all but does a fair bit of fan service. And man oh man i have no clue what's going on with Clone Wars. What's a T6? What's with the narrator's voice? It's a fun table though but it's amazing how little frame of reference I have to it. The one thing I have to say about all the tables is that the music is fantastic. It's the John Williams score all around and it's just fantastic to play pinball to those tunes. Just great stuff here. I'd definitely be in for 400pts if you're at all into pinball. These are some of the better tables for Pinball FX2 IMHO.

[quote name='bshirk']Is $5 the lowest these pinball games go for? I'm considering Star Wars.[/QUOTE]
They don't go any lower than 160 MSP apiece, or 400 for a decent-sized pack, so yes, this is a good time to jump.

Also be on the lookout next Tuesday for the possibility of MARVEL-themed tables going on sale, now that Zen Studios dropped the IAP's within their iOS client to 50% off between 5/2-5/9 in honor of Iron Man 3's release.

[quote name='Cornelius']They don't go any lower than 160 MSP apiece, or 400 for a decent-sized pack, so yes, this is a good time to jump.

Also be on the lookout next Tuesday for the possibility of MARVEL-themed tables going on sale, now that Zen Studios dropped the IAP's within their iOS client to 50% off between 5/2-5/9 in honor of Iron Man 3's release.[/QUOTE]
That's a logic-solid heads up on a possible upcoming sale. I'll probably grab the Star Wars tables as they are priced just right. Hopefully, you are right about the Marvel tables. I have the ones that have have been on sale in packs but I'm still missing the individual Marvel tables. I'm not going to hold my breath or anything but it would be nice.

[quote name='chuckie88']That's a logic-solid heads up on a possible upcoming sale. I'll probably grab the Star Wars tables as they are priced just right. Hopefully, you are right about the Marvel tables. I have the ones that have have been on sale in packs but I'm still missing the individual Marvel tables. I'm not going to hold my breath or anything but it would be nice.[/QUOTE]
Yes, same here, I have all the marvels packs, but lack the individual ones (aside Captain America, that was on sale not too long ago).

[quote name='NoDAK']Yesterday's blog post made no mention of XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Also if you read the comments section some asked about XBLA and was told it isn't happening...

I'm sure I have them all... but that answer annoyed me anyhow.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Also if you read the comments section some asked about XBLA and was told it isn't happening...

I'm sure I have them all... but that answer annoyed me anyhow.[/QUOTE]

It's even more annoying that the Star Wars Pinball sale is happening for literally every platform except US PSN. I'd prefer to get them over there because of the cross-buy with Vita.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's even more annoying that the Star Wars Pinball sale is happening for literally every platform except US PSN. I'd prefer to get them over there because of the cross-buy with Vita.[/QUOTE]

I would be very annoyed to see that as well... If I had a Vita.

I take that back.. I am annoyed. I only have Zen Pinball on the PS3 but to me it honestly looks like all of their newer platforms and they are likely trying to temp their most loyal costumers to double dip. :roll:

So I won 1000 points the other day and spent 400 on Star Wars pinball - which is bloody great fun btw. I was thinking about grabbing NBA Jam as i missed it in the last sale and regretted it. Does anyone own it and is the online community still alive for it? Also is it actually good or will i be shocked to learn that post-90s NBA Jam is not all that good in the rearview mirror? Might leave it til Tuesday so i can see what the next few weeks of sales will be.

Hmm, that Twisted Pixel bundle looks great for $10 even though I already completed The Maw and played through the disc version of 'Splosion Man. Worth it for Comic Jumper and Ms. 'Splosion Man. Probably gonna bite before the sale is over.

[quote name='KemperJones']Hmm, that Twisted Pixel bundle looks great for $10 even though I already have The Maw and played through the disc version of 'Splosion Man. Worth it for Comic Jumper and Ms. 'Splosion Man. Probably gonna bite before the sale is over.[/QUOTE]

it's not actually part of this weeks sales, but is a separate thing they've been doing for a few weeks. So probably no need to rush if you are short on MSP.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Amazon and Gamefly have listings for Serious Sam Collection if you don't own any of the XBLA titles yet.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Serious-S...596352&sr=8-1&keywords=serious+sam+collection

Looks like a tentative summer release date, it also claims "updated" visuals.

Edit: Also looks like Amazon is selling XBLA codes again. Sadly still can't use credit to buy the games.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean by use credit to buy games?

[quote name='skonson']I like Scott Pilgrim the game - it's not fantastic but it's got a sense of charm, plus it's set in Toronto, where I lived for like 7 years so it's cool to beat sprites up in places where I've actually been. It's not often you get to play a game set in a real place that isn't LA or NYC. So it's cool to see places like Casa Loma and other neighbourhoods. But I hated hated hated the movie. The comic book is great but I don't get why people liked the movie at all. I think for a side scrolling beat-em-up, it's novel in that it's not just about hitting one button, there's actually some skill and depth involved in the combat. I just wish that the online co-op mode was way cheaper as I'd love to play it with others.

And yeah. I can't get into Angry Birds either. I have no clue why that became such a huge mobile hit. Give me PvZ any day, but Angry Birds I just can't do. It just seems like a really cheap flash game that bores me to death. It's one of those games that's just about killing time. And it's weird, because I'm usually a completionist and often have a need to '3 star' other games but I never do with Angry Birds for some reason. Plus I think it'd be lame to play it on a tv. I haven't tried it but it just sounds lame. I'd rather just load up The Wreckateer or something.

On a positive note I just won 1000pts through some Danactive contest so Star Wars Pinball here I come.[/QUOTE]

wait.....scott pilgrim has online co op now???

[quote name='billydeewilliams']wait.....scott pilgrim has online co op now???[/QUOTE]

You have to pay 400msp for it, and you get Wallace as a character

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Amazon and Gamefly have listings for Serious Sam Collection if you don't own any of the XBLA titles yet.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Serious-S...596352&sr=8-1&keywords=serious+sam+collection

Edit: Also looks like Amazon is selling XBLA codes again. Sadly still can't use credit to buy the games.[/QUOTE]

What xbla codes? It's only MSP and Xbox Live.

$40? Wow, I was maybe considering it at $20. I guess I'll be waiting for a big sale on that one.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Poi...4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1367601470&sr=1-24

They are selling game codes again. They were discontinued for a good year prior to this.

You can't use amazon credit/points to buy digital codes, It's a policy I've been begging Amazon every so often to change but nothing has been fixed.[/QUOTE]
Is that an actual code for the game or are you getting enough points to buy that game?

The title of that item does specifically say "Xbox LIVE 1200 Microsoft Points for Alan Wake's American Nightmare", which makes it seem like it's not a game code.

They have a ton of these on there with the common sponsored XBL points cards that have that same style of title that the XBLA games have:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2...&page=2&bbn=2864196011&ie=UTF8&qid=1367604630

[quote name='Monsta Mack']http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Poi...4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1367601470&sr=1-24

They are selling game codes again. They were discontinued for a good year prior to this.

You can't use amazon credit/points to buy digital codes, It's a policy I've been begging Amazon every so often to change but nothing has been fixed.[/QUOTE]

Nah man, they only sell MSP. You've been thrown off by the titles. The points can be used for said dlc/xbla game or on whatever else you want.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Nah man, they only sell MSP. You've been thrown off by the titles. The points can be used for said dlc/xbla game or on whatever else you want.[/QUOTE]

I definitely use Amazon gift cards to purchase Microsoft points through Amazon. For some reason, I'm required to enter a credit card number every time, but afterwards, I'm able to use my Amazon GC to actually pay for the points.

[quote name='RCS0926']I definitely use Amazon gift cards to purchase Microsoft points through Amazon. For some reason, I'm required to enter a credit card number every time, but afterwards, I'm able to use my Amazon GC to actually pay for the points.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been able to use rewards points from the Amazon CC or promo points.

But maybe things changed.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Nah man, they only sell MSP. You've been thrown off by the titles. The points can be used for said dlc/xbla game or on whatever else you want.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm getting old and senile.

Dammit.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I haven't been able to use rewards points from the Amazon CC or promo points.

But maybe things changed.[/QUOTE]

I guess that's a different issue altogether than what I was describing.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I haven't been able to use rewards points from the Amazon CC or promo points.

But maybe things changed.[/QUOTE]

Nah you can't use those but you can use gift cards.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Serious-S...596352&sr=8-1&keywords=serious+sam+collection[/QUOTE]

... dammit. I'd rather have these things on disc, so just another kick in the nuts for me.

Though I did fire up the first Serious Sam on XBLA recently, and I had a hard time coping with what a drag it was in the beginning. I blazed through it on PC years ago and just didn't remember it getting off to such a dull start.

[quote name='defgufman']It looks like April's punch cards are updated.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Good to see them all filled in!

Yeah, saw mine were updated earlier. Glad that's over and I can quit stressing over whether it counted my last purchase or not. Now hurry up and show us the May Punchard so I can buy Pac Man:bouncy:

i ended up buys starwars pinball tables. i now need 800 msp to get dragon blood.

anyone wat to buy some gears of war god codes, lol

Looks like the May xbl reward is up. And it's for........renewing your XBL Gold membership. Renew one month, get 20 msp instead of 10 msp. Renew three months, 60 msp stead of 30. And twelve months, get 400 msp instead of 200 msp.

Kinda a letdown for those expecting a dlc punchcard promotion. Again, key word here CAG's is "expecting." It was only a hope in the beginning :roll: It's Microsoft remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back