XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crono-00']It also appears as part of the Arc System Works 25th Anniversary Sale, GoD Battle Fantasia is included. I am basing that on this article for the Japanese marketplace. I wouldn't know since I already own the games on disc, so I never paid attention to their prices for Games on Demand. I checked the US dashboard, the GoD Battle Fantasia appears to be priced at $19.99 but displays 800MSP on the confirmation dialog (I did not confirm), I will refrain from making edits to the OP until I gain additional proof it is in fact discounted. [If I were not lazy and understood BB code, I would also edit the OP to mention the DOA5 DLC (Hotties Swimwear Set, Fighters Pack) that are on discount with a warning about this fall's upcoming Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate; not telling others to edit the OP, I will once I learn BB code (and confirm pricing), just mentioning it in the thread for the time being]

EDIT: Note that article refers to the Japanese marketplace (my JP account confirms the discounts for their region, but these titles are region locked away from the US/Canada region, so make sure you have the appropriate hardware before purchasing). However, relating to the USA/Canada regions, GoD Battle Fantasia on the US marketplace displays $19.99 on the dashboard, but the confirmation dialog displays 800MSP, so I do not know if this is a sale, normal actual price, or pricing mistake. So I will delay my first attempt at editing the OP. Guess I am too eager to contribute to the OP/thread ^^.[/QUOTE]

So is it being advertised in a specific tile on the dashboard, or do you find it by just looking it up in "All Games"?

[quote name='Sath666']Also Microsoft are killing MSP system - http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/15/4332830/microsoft-points-moving-to-gift-card-system

Gonna miss all these cheap/free Allards. :cry:[/QUOTE]

This suuuuucks. I was really hoping the rumor would turn out not to be true.

ETA: I am dumbfounded at how every comment on that site is greeting the news positively. They must know something I don't know about Newegg planning some sales on $20 bills.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This suuuuucks. I was really hoping the rumor would turn out not to be true.

ETA: I am dumbfounded at how every comment on that site is greeting the news positively. They must know something I don't know about Newegg planning some sales on $20 bills.[/QUOTE]
After reading that article I don't see why this is a big deal. They'll still have the gift cards, but instead of having to do a conversion step in your head it's now a dollar amount when you buy something. There should still be sales we can exploit, just like there currently are with iTunes cards and (rarely, but it happens) PSN points.

The bad news would be if it were just credit/debit transactions.

I actually like MS points cause retailers do promos on points card much more than they do on cards that directly state the monetary value. You see xbox points cards go on sale much more often the PSN cards.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm not surprised, MSP weren't gonna make it into the next generation. Is this site pretty legit? We've heard this rumor 1000 times from 1000 different sites.[/QUOTE]

The Verge is a legit site, probably the best tech news site around right now. It was made by a bunch of guys that left Engadget.

[quote name='yamayama']Battle Fantasia is definitely worth 9.99 (800 MSP). A disc copy might be cheaper though.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Picked one up from GS a couple of weeks ago for $2.50

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This suuuuucks. I was really hoping the rumor would turn out not to be true.

ETA: I am dumbfounded at how every comment on that site is greeting the news positively. They must know something I don't know about Newegg planning some sales on $20 bills.[/QUOTE]

Oh well. It was nice while it lasted. Anyone who is happy about this obviously does not know (or ignores) the fact that you can regularly purchase MSPs at a discounted rate or get them for free.

Sounds like good news if they're going to actually offer the ability to pay exact change for anything that isn't a Ghandi (GonD) game, which was always a weird thing for MS to do. If they still makes us by MS bucks in chunks, then it's a waste of time to do this.

This next generation is not going to be like previous generations for many reasons. People need to be prepared for many changes. As long as there is a variety of games being made and new game experiences being offered, I will be happy. Frankly I hope that middle-market games find a new home on digital in the $20-40 range.

I actually fear with getting rid of MSP all XBLA and DLC will end up like GoD and every region has it's own prices..which means we have to pay a lot more for those games as we do right now for GoD.... 19,99€ are not $19.99 hell sometimes we even have to spend 29,99€ or more (because normally it would be around 50€ or 60€ lol) on the same game that is on discount right now...

[quote name='ooga']Oh well. It was nice while it lasted. Anyone who is happy about this obviously does not know (or ignores) the fact that you can regularly purchase MSPs at a discounted rate or get them for free.[/QUOTE]
Word.
If you're happy about this, then you failed to realize you regularly got points for less than the MSRP cost, or got them as gifts-with-purchase, or benefited from bargain-basement price within other regions, or enjoyed frequent markdowns within the Marketplace.

Switching to an "actual price" system kills off almost all ability to get cheap-ass games from the Xbox Marketplace. If you don't believe me, check out the wasteland of non-bargains that is the Windows Phone Marketplace.

[quote name='E.Nich']That's bad news for us, since we buy them cheaper than it's "real" price in stores.

People that don't know how to buy from ebay :roll: are really glad.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we should worry so much, look at iTunes. It's the same thing and retailers put iTunes cards on sale. It just likely won't be a free bonus $5 (400 MSP) when you buy $20 (1600 MSP), but I think there will be ways for us CAG. :)

[quote name='Cornelius']Word.
If you're happy about this, then you failed to realize you regularly got points for less than the MSRP cost, or got them as gifts-with-purchase, or benefited from bargain-basement price within other regions, or enjoyed frequent markdowns within the Marketplace.

Switching to an "actual price" system kills off almost all ability to get cheap-ass games from the Xbox Marketplace. If you don't believe me, check out the wasteland of non-bargains that is the Windows Phone Marketplace.
[/QUOTE]
What? How is it going to kill off all sales of games on Xbox Live?

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']I actually fear with getting rid of MSP all XBLA and DLC will end up like GoD and every region has it's own prices..which means we have to pay a lot more for those games as we do right now for GoD.... 19,99€ are not $19.99 hell sometimes we even have to spend 29,99€ or more (because normally it would be around 50€ or 60€ lol) on the same game that is on discount right now...[/QUOTE]
The good thing is that they apply the same discount everywhere... during the last GonD sale, I got Max Payne 3 for 4.99€ because it already had a lower price.

[quote name='simmias']After reading that article I don't see why this is a big deal. They'll still have the gift cards, but instead of having to do a conversion step in your head it's now a dollar amount when you buy something. There should still be sales we can exploit, just like there currently are with iTunes cards and (rarely, but it happens) PSN points.

The bad news would be if it were just credit/debit transactions.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Nothing is really changing at retail. Newegg, Best Buy, and every other retailer are still going to be selling $20 and $50 vouchers for digital products on Microsoft's Network, and they'll still go on sale with the same regularity. The change comes in on the software side of things; what you see when you connect to Xbox Live or Xbox.com. Now the service will just tell you an item is $7.50 instead of 600 SpaceBucks and, if you're using your credit card directly, you won't have to pay extra to get to the next "point tier".

It's possible that this move might make it more difficult to get international deals, though. If it's anything like the Playstation Store, US cards might not work in Canada, for example, and you'd have to buy a Canadian card for that account if you didn't want to use your CC directly. But, domestically, there's no reason that Best Buy couldn't offer a $5 Microsoft credit with the purchase of $20, the same way they do now.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Exactly. Nothing is really changing at retail. Newegg, Best Buy, and every other retailer are still going to be selling $20 and $50 vouchers for digital products on Microsoft's Network, and they'll still go on sale with the same regularity.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'll go on sale with the same regularity, but we shall see.

[quote name='tylerh1701']That's what I thought too, but I can't seem to get a lot of the names of the minigames to match up. I'm thinking maybe they slightly changed the name of some of the minigames in the Gems Collection to make people think these were slightly different from the standard minigames?

For example, there is no "3 Point Contest" minigame in KS2 that I can find, but there is a "3 Point Hero" minigame.

Similarly, I can't find a "Field Goal Contest" minigame on KS2, but there is a "Crazy Kicker". There's also no "Reaction Rally" on KS2 but there is a "Rapid Returner". Finally, there's no "Penalty Saver" but there is a "Super Saver" on KS1. Maybe this is what's leading to my confusion?[/QUOTE]

the minigames don't always match up to the original DLC. that's why the names for the single minigames can't be matched up to the events for the fuller DLC. in other words, it's not the DLC broken up into single game purchases. some of the games were changed slightly. for example, the original DLC event might allow for 4 players or multiplayer while the new version is single player or only 2 player.

the ultimate collection gets you KS2 DLC but it doesn't get you KS1 DLC. that's why it's not really an "ultimate" collection.

[quote name='im_dany']The good thing is that they apply the same discount everywhere... during the last GonD sale, I got Max Payne 3 for 4.99€ because it already had a lower price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it's also a bad thing because prices over here tend to be higher for a longer time than anywhere else...that's what I meant speaking of discounted games with triple high prices... Dungeon Siege recently for example...30€ not anywhere near 10 bucks like the US...

[quote name='Cornelius']Word.

[/QUOTE]

these rumors keep going around... and people keep posting about them...

the points were supposed to be gone in early 2012. then it was end of 2012. now, it's 2013.

I regularly buy 4000 points for $37-43. Because of the free money, I've bought some things I would've never bought before. And when there's a deal on an item and I'm using the free points, it's like I'm stealing!

Just got done with the Resident Evil Revelations demo....decent, but I can probably wait a few months for this one.

Downloading the Sanctum 2 demo now. I was a little disappointed reading through the Co-optimus preview though:

"After each wave, resources are placed near the core in the form of two floating items representing tower cores and currency. Whoever grabs those items gets the resources all to themselves, everyone else is out of luck. It's a baffling gameplay decision, and it takes quite a bit of wind out of the teamwork feeling co-op mode should foster. Compounding the problem is the fact that any player can recycle placed towers and move them elsewhere, which can lead to some serious tension and even griefing, depending on how cooperative the other players are."

[quote name='dirtyvu']these rumors keep going around... and people keep posting about them...

the points were supposed to be gone in early 2012. then it was end of 2012. now, it's 2013.

I regularly buy 4000 points for $37-43. Because of the free money, I've bought some things I would've never bought before. And when there's a deal on an item and I'm using the free points, it's like I'm stealing![/QUOTE]
Do you really think they'll never make the switch?

[quote name='simmias']After reading that article I don't see why this is a big deal. They'll still have the gift cards, but instead of having to do a conversion step in your head it's now a dollar amount when you buy something. There should still be sales we can exploit, just like there currently are with iTunes cards and (rarely, but it happens) PSN points.

The bad news would be if it were just credit/debit transactions.[/QUOTE]

The main difference I might see is for those with overseas accounts. As MSP didn't have a conversion factor so they had to price it on what MSP cost in that country. Also MSP is universal, money is not.

Now they can just do a straight monetary conversion factor. May not change anything, but I think there will be some fallout

[quote name='Jimmienoman']The main difference I might see is for those with overseas accounts. As MSP didn't have a conversion factor so they had to price it on what MSP cost in that country. Also MSP is universal, money is not.

Now they can just do a straight monetary conversion factor. May not change anything, but I think there will be some fallout[/QUOTE]
I don't think they'll do a real monetary conversion, they'll rather do their favourite conversion, that is: one dollar equals one euro :cry:.

[quote name='Cornelius']Switching to an "actual price" system kills off almost all ability to get cheap-ass games from the Xbox Marketplace.[/QUOTE]

Good grief, lay off the hyperbole. There are still several sales that are worthy of their real-world currency equivalent, and we had a generous helping of them last month - especially with the 800 MSP Twisted Pixel bundle. Try telling me those four games combined weren't a steal at ten bucks. Yes, I too will be disappointed in the phasing out of MSP and the subsequent disappearance of discounts - and I'll be doubly disappointed if this means the end of all money-raking through Bing and Xbox Rewards - but much like Amazon's inevitable move to taxation, all things that are too good to be true are eventually downgraded to just "good enough."

Also,
Letters

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'll be doubly disappointed if this means the end of all money-raking through Bing and Xbox Rewards[/QUOTE]

Since this is all speculation, I will speculate on my own and say Bing Rewards already has credits for the windows phone marketplace, so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same were MSP phased out.

[quote name='yamayama']Battle Fantasia is definitely worth 9.99 (800 MSP). A disc copy might be cheaper though.[/QUOTE]

A disc copy is around 2 bucks with that 50% off select titles GS is/was running. Totally worth tracking one down.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']The main difference I might see is for those with overseas accounts. As MSP didn't have a conversion factor so they had to price it on what MSP cost in that country. Also MSP is universal, money is not.

Now they can just do a straight monetary conversion factor. May not change anything, but I think there will be some fallout[/QUOTE]

The next xbox god damn better have some Fallout

Any word on when the story-mode Sleeping Dogs DLC packs might go on sale on XBL? I recently completed the main game and would like to play through the DLC before moving on to a new game. I might just buy them at full price since they're not that expensive, but I saw that they're on sale on PSN so I wonder if an XBL sale will follow suit.

[quote name='illennium']Any word on when the story-mode Sleeping Dogs DLC packs might go on sale on XBL? I recently completed the main game and would like to play through the DLC before moving on to a new game. I might just buy them at full price since they're not that expensive, but I saw that they're on sale on PSN so I wonder if an XBL sale will follow suit.[/QUOTE]
XBLM just had a Sleeping Dogs sale in the middle of March, so it might be a little while before it goes on sale again.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Side Note but idk:

EA is discontinuing their Online Passes

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/15/ea-getting-rid-of-online-passes[/QUOTE]

If the new consoles have rumored ''No Used Games DRM'', then makes sense.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Weird. Not really useful to anyone but Achievement junkies, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from what i know all of the tables are available for FX2?

Last edited by a moderator:
I re-downloaded the trial version for Outrun2 that was in my DL history, but it couldn't be purchased in-game :( I had to try. I have the disc versions from Xbox, but... I hate when MS quits a game from the marketplace without saying anything (It has passed more than a year since they quit this game, but back then I didn't bother to see if I could get it in game).

It wasn't Microsoft, it was SEGA. Their license with Ferrari ran out so the game had to be pulled. And they did say something about it before they removed the game.

[quote name='HaloGX']It wasn't Microsoft, it was SEGA. Their license with Ferrari ran out so the game had to be pulled. And they did say something about it before they removed the game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, always licensing problems... They really said something before delisting? They never do :whistle2:#.

[quote name='E.Nich']Yeah, always licensing problems... They really said something before delisting? They never do :whistle2:#.[/QUOTE]

They announced it many months before and even put it on sale a couple of times in between which I believe is the right way to handle that sort of thing.

[quote name='louiedog']They announced it many months before and even put it on sale a couple of times in between which I believe is the right way to handle that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what i was going to post. I got it for 400msp after the announcement. ;)

[quote name='illennium']Any word on when the story-mode Sleeping Dogs DLC packs might go on sale on XBL? I recently completed the main game and would like to play through the DLC before moving on to a new game. I might just buy them at full price since they're not that expensive, but I saw that they're on sale on PSN so I wonder if an XBL sale will follow suit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i got the game and the nightmare dlc around a month or two ago when they were on sale. But the year of the snake DLC wasnt on sale. So im hoping the year of the snake DLC goes on sale soon. Its a pretty fun game.

For whatever it's worth I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the Nightmare in North Point DLC and I bought it at 50% off. It seemed like a cool idea, was expecting something along the lines of RDR: Undead... Not even close. Its 40 minutes of strictly hand to hand combat.

Unless your one of those people here that has no qualms in dropping money on stuff you really dont need (of which there are many here to be fair) I would opt for a different DLC pack. Nightmare in North Point is fool's gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back