XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn you guys got a couch?! I'm jealous. All I got this weird avatar pet that appears to be the floating head of Larry Hyrb who every now and then says pithy things in speech bubbles like "I gave my body to Mister Gates"

Actually I wish. Couch and month for me. I humbly apologize to the person way back when who said he expected to get a code for a month of gold from this. I assumed they'd just put it onto the account. They were right and I was completely wrong.

I am curious what we will get for completing all three promotions. Floating Larry Hyrb head is my suggestion if Microsoft is trolling this for answers.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel'] Avatar item is, as expected, a Xbox Rewards branded shirt, though it also seems to include a couch and controller for your avatar, so that's something I guess.[/QUOTE]What does the shirt look like? It seems that "Play to Earn" is just the avatar prop. Or I'm missing something.

[quote name='Zonic505']What does the shirt look like? It seems that "Play to Earn" is just the avatar prop. Or I'm missing something.[/QUOTE]

oh, I guess I assumed we got everything in the pic. Probably just the couch, I'll go turn my xbox on in a sec to check. I think it is I that missed something:whistle2:#

[quote name='skonson']I humbly apologize to the person way back when who said he expected to get a code for a month of gold from this. I assumed they'd just put it onto the account. They were right and I was completely wrong.[/QUOTE]

No worries, as your responses were tactful. Corny is the one who pissed me off a little bit, as he thinks he knows everything and likes to talk down to others.

Sweet also got my couch avatar item, 1 month and 800 points pending in my account. Kind of lame how my 110 didn't enter into my account on the 15th though. Oh well I guess.

Which code is the avatar item? The top one or the bottom one? I hate how the website just auto redeems everything instead of asking you to accept like on the 360.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Which code is the avatar item? The top one or the bottom one? I hate how the website just auto redeems everything instead of asking you to accept like on the 360.[/QUOTE]

mine was the top IIRC.

Top is the avatar code, bottom is the month of Live.

& just noticed my points are pending on Xbox Rewards. Crap, this probably means I won't get it until the end of the month, which means after the sale on GGXXACP.

[quote name='bajingo']I echo above sentiments for ME DLC, go with stolen memory if you must pick one.

OT-so i was able to hook up my dying HDD to my pc, and i can see the file structure in xport 360 (and horizon) but any time i click on games folder to open it, the programs lock up. I thought it might be slow since i have so many games and saves, but it never returns from a 'not responding' state. So there is definitely some file that is a save or a actual game that has turned bad. does anyone have ANY other suggestions on how to access this information, Im about to give up and accept being a born again 'game save' virgin.[/QUOTE]

Did you try Xplorer360? Xport 360 is only good for corrupting your data.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Will never replace my Ilo and Milo dancing around me for anything. ESPECIALLY for a couch! NEVER EVER![/QUOTE]This. The ilomilo avatar pet is the best avatar item ever.

[quote name='MagmaOasis']This. The ilomilo avatar pet is the best avatar item ever.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, never realized so many people also have the Ilomilo avatar pet. I've had mine for almost two years because my son was absolutely nuts about it. It was the only sure-fire way to get him to stop crying. :)

After various attempts to install this punch card app, I decided to stop trying and went on as if it never existed.

Then I get an e-mail with a mystery code and received a free month of Gold. SCORE! I don't know if I purchased enough to get the other rewards but I'll gladly take the free month. This extends my subscription to July.

Have any of you tried ordering from the Pizza Hut app yet?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']A couch. A couch? It's almost like they're mocking us for the time and money investments. :p[/QUOTE]
Well one of the punches was for an avatar prop and if you spent 3200 points for the 800 point rebate you were going to get one anyways...

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']mine was the top IIRC.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zonic505']Top is the avatar code, bottom is the month of Live.

& just noticed my points are pending on Xbox Rewards. Crap, this probably means I won't get it until the end of the month, which means after the sale on GGXXACP.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

[quote name='Cage017']After various attempts to install this punch card app, I decided to stop trying and went on as if it never existed.
[/QUOTE]

There is no punch card app. As long as you're a rewards member, everything was automatic.

[quote name='bardockkun']Well one of the punches was for an avatar prop and if you spent 3200 points for the 800 point rebate you were going to get one anyways...[/QUOTE]

I think you missed the point, that being: "hey there, dude who enjoys buying games and playing them on his Xbox, have a digital couch to rub in all the time you spend on your real one!"

[quote name='E.Nich']Hmmm, do you think that Major Nelson will have time next tuesday to update the dotw's for the incoming two weeks? I hope so, but I guess that he won't.[/QUOTE]
As mentioned on his podcast, the #xboxreveal tweets are already written & queued up, so he just has to copy/paste, rather than doing "live tweeting". Also, he gets to work at 6am, so plenty of time to paste it into his blog ... as if we don't have our "Spylon" secret weapon finding the deals beforehand. :)

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I think you missed the point, that being: "hey there, dude who enjoys buying games and playing them on his Xbox, have a digital couch to rub in all the time you spend on your real one!"[/QUOTE]

Is this the principle of the matter kinda thing? Because...I'm not still not seeing why anyone should be outraged over that. They're not forcing us to use it and it's just a dumb virtual prop. Unless you're mad because you're CAG and it should be your avatar sitting behind a computer and constantly updating the site and not playing any games and a backlog continues to grow?

[quote name='bardockkun']Is this the principle of the matter kinda thing? Because...I'm not still not seeing why anyone should be outraged over that. They're not forcing us to use it and it's just a dumb virtual prop. Unless you're mad because you're CAG and it should be your avatar sitting behind a computer and constantly updating the site and not playing any games and a backlog continues to grow?[/QUOTE]

I want q backlog mountain for my avatar:bouncy:

[quote name='bardockkun']Is this the principle of the matter kinda thing? Because...I'm not still not seeing why anyone should be outraged over that. They're not forcing us to use it and it's just a dumb virtual prop. Unless you're mad because you're CAG and it should be your avatar sitting behind a computer and constantly updating the site and not playing any games and a backlog continues to grow?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why you thought I was mad. I even used the tongue-sticking-out smiley in my original post on the subject to show my jovial reception, much like I send "lol" in response to every text message to show my utter indifference.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'm not sure why you thought I was mad. I even used the tongue-sticking-out smiley in my original post on the subject to show my jovial reception, much like I send "lol" in response to every text message to show my utter indifference.[/QUOTE]
Ah, without emoticons I go full on stupid it seems. Then nevermind my stupidity.

[quote name='Cage017']
Have any of you tried ordering from the Pizza Hut app yet?[/QUOTE]

No but I might because of the DLC car in Forza 4 for ordering pizza hut through the app. However, I'm trying to eat better so that may not happen :x

[quote name='Zonic505']Got an e-mail with both a code for the month of Live & the avatar award (it's a couch). Nothing on my 800 MSP. I just remembered I was getting it, so hopefully I'll get it before GGXXACP stops being on sale.

& here's a pic of that avatar couch:

PlaytoEarn_zps00534519.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. :) I got both codes as well.

If anyone is interested, BestBuy has an in-store coupon for GCU members to get 400 MSP free with a purchase of 4000 MSP. They email you a code for the 400. I used a $25 rewards certificate to make it even cheaper :) Now to wait for my 800 MSP from Xbox Rewards!

Hopefully we have a nice sale next week so I can spend some points again.

[quote name='Zonic505']Got an e-mail with both a code for the month of Live & the avatar award (it's a couch). Nothing on my 800 MSP. I just remembered I was getting it, so hopefully I'll get it before GGXXACP stops being on sale.

& here's a pic of that avatar couch:

PlaytoEarn_zps00534519.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. :) I got both codes as well.

If anyone is interested, BestBuy has an in-store coupon for GCU members to get 400 MSP free with a purchase of 4000 MSP. They email you a code for the 400. I used a $25 rewards certificate to make it even cheaper :) Now to wait for my 800 MSP from Xbox Rewards!

Hopefully we have a nice sale next week so I can spend some points again.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I want q backlog mountain for my avatar:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I want that too. The only problem is that I'd need to shop at a Jumbotron dealer to be able to fit that backlog on screen at the moment. Although I am proud of myself. Today I passed on a few games I really want to play that were under $10 at a local used store (Shadow of the Damned, X-Com: Enemy Unknown, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit) realizing that the new xbox is coming out next year and that games will only get cheaper especially in the next two years or so as companies like Ebgames get rid of their stock to make room for PS4 and the Xbox 720 (Is there any one else besides me who prays that they call it the Super Xbox?).

[quote name='Cornelius']As mentioned on his podcast, the #xboxreveal tweets are already written & queued up, so he just has to copy/paste, rather than doing "live tweeting". Also, he gets to work at 6am, so plenty of time to paste it into his blog ... as if we don't have our "Spylon" secret weapon finding the deals beforehand. :)[/QUOTE]
Glad to know :D

[quote name='skonson'](Is there any one else besides me who prays that they call it the Super Xbox?).[/QUOTE]
Uh, I don't like that name :cry: Xbox Infinity, or Next, or even 720 are better imo. We shall know the name shortly.

[quote name='discordman']Just a quick question. Got the rewards, but is there an exclusive for all three punchcards, or is that the couch?[/QUOTE]

If you completed all three, then I think you get invited to a VIP event in the future. I'm not sure what that means though. I also completed all three, I guess we find out later on :)

In case this wasn't posted, several of the Fallout 3 DLCs are now 400 pts (not sure if temp or permanent): Operation: Anchorage, Point Lookout, & Broken Steel.

[quote name='knight19']In case this wasn't posted, several of the Fallout 3 DLCs are now 400 pts (not sure if temp or permanent): Operation: Anchorage, Point Lookout, & Broken Steel.[/QUOTE]
It's permanent on PSN, so it should be the same on XBL.

[quote name='topplehat']Got my 1 month of Gold, but still nothing on the 800 points. What gives?[/QUOTE]
It won't arrive until the end of the month. Check your pending points on the rewards site to confirm that it's there.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']No but I might because of the DLC car in Forza 4 for ordering pizza hut through the app. However, I'm trying to eat better so that may not happen :x[/QUOTE]

I've ordered and It's simple to use. They should add a big confirmation page though outside of "Your food is getting ready..." or something along those lines I forget. I only used it during the first week it was out because you got a extra 15% off their deals. I don't think thats the case anymore.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I was going to post this but you beat me to it. :) I got both codes as well.

Hopefully we have a nice sale next week so I can spend some points again.[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI to anyone interested in this, BB has had 400 with 1600 several times in the past month. If you don't need MSP right now, you'd probably come out ahead waiting a bit;)

Ditto on wanting another good sale, haven't bought anything these last two weeks (maybe that's a good thing with our backlogs as they are:cool:). Still holding out for a Minecraft sale, though at this point I wonder if it will ever go on sale for even a tiny amount:cry:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Just an FYI to anyone interested in this, BB has had 400 with 1600 several times in the past month. If you don't need MSP right now, you'd probably come out ahead waiting a bit;)

Ditto on wanting another good sale, haven't bought anything these last two weeks (maybe that's a good thing with our backlogs as they are:cool:). Still holding out for a Minecraft sale, though at this point I wonder if it will ever go on sale for even a tiny amount:cry:[/QUOTE]

Newegg - Microsoft Xbox LIVE 1600 Microsoft Points (Digital Code) plus 400 bonus points

This has been going on for several days now. I ordered some a couple days ago and it took about an hour to get the codes.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Well its not just a couch. Pretty cool if you ask me:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwkFfyGYtKw
[/QUOTE]
Agreed. This avatar item is actually pretty bad ass to me. Starts off on the couch playing games, gets up and wields a sword n' shield, switches to catching a football, then nerfing someone with a dart gun and then back to the couch to game some more. Not just sitting on yer bum playing games. I think it fits me as an individual perfectly. So long Windows Phone avatar prop!!

[quote name='LordVila']Newegg - Microsoft Xbox LIVE 1600 Microsoft Points (Digital Code) plus 400 bonus points

This has been going on for several days now. I ordered some a couple days ago and it took about an hour to get the codes.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip Vila. I'll snag one of these for(hopefully) some good upcoming sales.

EDIT: Seems the Fallout 3 dlc is 50% off. Broken Steel, Point Lookout & Operation Anchorage are all 400 msp each. Dunno if it's permanent or what, since xbldb picked it up

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Just an FYI to anyone interested in this, BB has had 400 with 1600 several times in the past month. If you don't need MSP right now, you'd probably come out ahead waiting a bit;)

Ditto on wanting another good sale, haven't bought anything these last two weeks (maybe that's a good thing with our backlogs as they are:cool:). Still holding out for a Minecraft sale, though at this point I wonder if it will ever go on sale for even a tiny amount:cry:[/QUOTE]

That's a good point! The only reason I went through BBY is because of my rewards certificate. I thought I had $55 to cover the 4000 and an extra 400 MSP on top of the free 400 but I forgot I used $30 of it to buy Tomb Raider. The guy voided the transaction but after entering my email address so I got 800 free MSP while playing half for the 4000 at customer service. Otherwise deals like LordVila posted are better.

Speaking of backlogs, Raptr encouraged me to work on mine and I have beaten the campaigns of Spec Ops: The Line (awesome PTSD story), Halo 4 (meh), and The Darkness II (fun game and I'd love a sequel) all this month. Next up is Journey, Joe Danger 2 and Black Ops II. Last month I finally completed the Borderlands 2 story and this month the 3 DLC packs. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the next DLC in June and started my Psycho character. Besides digital sales I don't plan on buying anymore retail titles at launch except that LEGO Marvel game for my nephew and me. Otherwise it's the year of the backlog!

[quote name='Cornelius']As mentioned on his podcast, the #xboxreveal tweets are already written & queued up, so he just has to copy/paste, rather than doing "live tweeting". Also, he gets to work at 6am, so plenty of time to paste it into his blog ... as if we don't have our "Spylon" secret weapon finding the deals beforehand. :)[/QUOTE]

Someone is a party pooper. A preemptive strike on the one question everyone is waiting for in this thread's drinking game. That's okay, we shouldn't put an activity to impede building tolerance to my posts, so go ahead and take your sweet medicine because I am feeling like a multi-quote post. ^^

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']just got my email, with the month of gold and the avatar item. Avatar item is, as expected, a Xbox Rewards branded shirt, though it also seems to include a couch and controller for your avatar, so that's something I guess. Gold came just in time, as mine ran out today (go figure). Points are pending, so all around everything worked out:D[/QUOTE]

Got mine in as well. I am still withholding the month until the sales give me a reason to redeem (or if someone from friends list wants to play something, but I still have 2-week trials for that ^^). I welcome more avatar crap for variety, gotta keep the husk of Rare busy with avatar stuff if they continue refusing to tap into nostalgia as they have for the past few years. When I do redeem the Gold Membership and get the 800MSP from rewards, I'm seriously considering combining that with my accumulating Bing points then finally buy GonD Deathsmiles 2X (I like friskytanuki's Ghandi acronym), so that will make 3 purchases at full price by me this year so everyone else waiting on it getting a discount will be happy I took the bullet as long there are no good deals in the coming weeks coming.

[quote name='tylerh1701']So is it being advertised in a specific tile on the dashboard, or do you find it by just looking it up in "All Games"?[/QUOTE]

It is not advertised on the dashboard, like the other Arc System Works games on sale. I just looked the title up on the dashboard from the alphabetical listing under Games on Demand again. This is why I guess I am long winded, when I typed "I did not confirm" it did not clearly express the actual meaning of how I did not proceed past the confirmation dialog to actually make the purchase. From the US dashboard, Battle Fantasia is still listed as $19.99 but the confirmation dialog is still 800MSP. I did not buy it because I already have the game on disc, which I believe is priced even lower still, but I think 800MSP price the dashboard offers is a discount from its usual listed price (which I cannot be sure because I did not pay much attention to the title on GonD).

[quote name='Sath666']Original Pinball FX is back - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Pinball-FX/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410834[/QUOTE]

I was so excited when this happened, but disappointed when the DLC was not offered as well because I would have committed to purchases on those. A shame it got delisted again hours later. I felt the physics of the 1st Pinball FX was a bit more loose. The primary reason I think it still deserves a place on the 360 even with the sequel available is due to the scoring and multipliers actually working. Pinball FX2 actually has a bug with the Agents table which makes scoring much more difficult, along with nullifying every original table's LCD display to not reflect actual scoring (they almost all do nothing to add/multiply scoring). This parallels with the delisting of Doritos Crash Course in my opinion that the original still offers something better or different than its sequel, and is not rendered obsolete to justify a delisting.

[quote name='gordojones88']
.​
"I give you . . . the future of gaming!" - Elijah Wood @2:40​
[CUSTOMSPOILER=360]May 12, 2005 - Xbox: The Next Generation Revealed[/CUSTOMSPOILER]
May 21, 2013 - A New Generation Revealed . . . without Frodo :cry:
.​
[/QUOTE]

Here comes a new challenger:
I have no idea where I found this. I will warn that this video can give people the herpes. Sorry grasshoppers, I expect a lot of puking emoticons from those who dare watch this all the way through (not I). I guess with all of this thread's excitement over the upcoming Xbox 362 or whatever they'll call it, to show how radical Xbox Live once was XD.

[quote name='Crono-00']
Here comes a new challenger:
I have no idea where I found this. I will warn that this video can give people the herpes. Sorry grasshoppers, I expect a lot of puking emoticons from those who dare watch this all the way through (not I). I guess with all of this thread's excitement over the upcoming Xbox 362 or whatever they'll call it, to show how radical Xbox Live once was XD.[/QUOTE]

Hoo-wah! that looks awesome. I can't wait for this to come out. It's exactly what my ethernet connection has been waiting for.

[quote name='Tsel']There is no punch card app. As long as you're a rewards member, everything was automatic.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I saw it advertised and figured the ad on the Xbox screen was some app to check your progress [since people were posting their results]. It kept wanting me to download Internet Explorer and nothing happened.

Oh well, hope I spent enough to get the 800 point bonus.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Am I the only one waiting for Vanilla Ice to start playing in the background?

Oh, and also this:
:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:[/QUOTE]

"STOP! Collaborate and Listen..."
\\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/
I think I killed a few thousand brain cells watching that. :fridge:

[quote name='Cage017']Thanks.

I saw it advertised and figured the ad on the Xbox screen was some app to check your progress [since people were posting their results]. It kept wanting me to download Internet Explorer and nothing happened.

Oh well, hope I spent enough to get the 800 point bonus.[/QUOTE]
Just check your pending points on the Rewards site, as it'll be there if you got it and not if you missed it.

[quote name='Crono-00']Here comes a new challenger:
I have no idea where I found this. I will warn that this video can give people the herpes. Sorry grasshoppers, I expect a lot of puking emoticons from those who dare watch this all the way through (not I). I guess with all of this thread's excitement over the upcoming Xbox 362 or whatever they'll call it, to show how radical Xbox Live once was XD.[/QUOTE]

Pretty accurate in terms of the level of annoyance you'll deal with on XBL. Two notes: the dog painting on the wall is of Poochie and make sure you catch the end where the big reveal is that Dark Master has been
wearing short shorts the whole time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back