XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
well ... looks like im gonna skip VF5... honestly i have been severely disappointed with fighters for a long time now. Crapcom burned my ass over the whole MvC3>UMvC3 thing and those extra characters already on disc but needing a dlc purchase on SFxT made me want to puke. I love having friends over and playing Garou Mark of the Wolves and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike and i can occasionally fine games in both of them online too.
What exactly is it about Virtua Fighter 5 that you're objecting to? If it's the presence of DLC, said DLC is purely cosmetic so skipping it certainly won't affect the quality of gameplay you'd get from Final Showdown. Also, the DLC is on sale for the first time ever, so for $15 you can get the whole shebang - basically the content you'd get from a full retail title. There are far more nefarious DLC situations to complain about than this one.
nah i could careless about the customization DLC, what i do care about is finding people online to fight. Certain games have a great community and others dont have a reliable one. Someone a few posts back mentioned that challengers are few and far between to find in VF. I already have VF5:O so i dont see the point in getting this one if im not going to be able to find matches anyhow.

ill just stick with what i have now and be happy that i can still find games with certain titles. Im sure ill pick up UMvC3 again one day, but not unless someone wants to pay for it, or i can nab it for 10 bucks. I wont give crapcom my money anymore, im officially done with my favorite developer from my childhood.

I still prefer Sonic Adventure 1 to Sonic Adventure 2. The gameplay is not as bad as everyone says. I can run through stages with precision. Chaos was just awesome, and something about the exploration aspect was really fun. Was cool to be able to explore a Sonic world. Kinda the same appeal that Mario 64 had. Big and Amy were meh, but they made the Sonic stages feel more rewarding and the build up to Super Sonic was great.

I didn't care for Shadow much, but I guess he's okay. The last boss fight wasn't as good as Sonic 1, but some of the sage design was better. Either way, they're two nostalgic goldmines for me, so I bought them both :p

well ... looks like im gonna skip VF5... honestly i have been severely disappointed with fighters for a long time now. Crapcom burned my ass over the whole MvC3>UMvC3 thing and those extra characters already on disc but needing a dlc purchase on SFxT made me want to puke. I love having friends over and playing Garou Mark of the Wolves and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike and i can occasionally fine games in both of them online too.
What exactly is it about Virtua Fighter 5 that you're objecting to? If it's the presence of DLC, said DLC is purely cosmetic so skipping it certainly won't affect the quality of gameplay you'd get from Final Showdown. Also, the DLC is on sale for the first time ever, so for $15 you can get the whole shebang - basically the content you'd get from a full retail title. There are far more nefarious DLC situations to complain about than this one.
nah i could careless about the customization DLC, what i do care about is finding people online to fight. Certain games have a great community and others dont have a reliable one. Someone a few posts back mentioned that challengers are few and far between to find in VF. I already have VF5:O so i dont see the point in getting this one if im not going to be able to find matches anyhow.

ill just stick with what i have now and be happy that i can still find games with certain titles. Im sure ill pick up UMvC3 again one day, but not unless someone wants to pay for it, or i can nab it for 10 bucks. I wont give crapcom my money anymore, im officially done with my favorite developer from my childhood.
in my experience, you will find matches pretty much all the time if you just refresh the battle screen for a few seconds. it's an international game so lots of overseas people on at weird times, i've never not been able to find a match in any mode for more than a minute or two. that said, almost everyone online is an expert so just be aware of that, not many noobs floating around VF5FS.

ok i just played the demo for D&D and....it had about 25 seconds of gameplay before it ended. wtf? i was planning on buying it but the game seems a little janky; i have to select guard from a wheel controlled by one button and pick it instead of spells and whatnot? huh, couldn't just add a block button to one of the 4 unused buttons? now i'm not sure if i should get it or not. i do have a lot of discount msp sitting around, that's for sure. on the fence now thanks to the demo offering next to nothing.

^ I just played the demo for D&D and felt pretty much the same.  The gameplay feels clunky, and they only give you a small amount of time for the trial.  I think that 15 bucks is too much for this one.  It reminds me a little of Golden Axe.

^ I just played the demo for D&D and felt pretty much the same. The gameplay feels clunky, and they only give you a small amount of time for the trial. I think that 15 bucks is too much for this one. It reminds me a little of Golden Axe.
I've always thought that D&D is better than Golden Axe. But yeah, gonna wait until it's on sale.

Wow what a great deal. I finally grabbed Guardian Heroes this morning and also got Sonic CD.

Still debating on some other items from the Sega sale but I have time to decide.

I just... man i really hate new games it seems. Is this a sign of getting older? Im 26 now... 10 years ago i would have cried to get my hands on any of these titles...
Feeling like an old man at 26? Yeah, that sounds just about right.

Keep a checklist of when you can't stand:
-when simple bodily functions become a chore
-how the younger generations act in public,
-when everything on the radio irks you unless its "a classic" or "a throwback,"
Oh, and you've decided only a handful of good TV shows are worth dedicating your time to.

When all of that is fully complete, you can send in for your crotchety old folks certificate (mine's framed).

Got Sonic Generations and Guardian Heroes. Still have 320 points left over on my account, thinking about getting 2 Sonic games (Already have 1 and 2). Not sure how many Sonic games one person needs, so I'll probably just save the points for another day.

What's all the indescivness (I spelt it wrong, so what) about buying some Sega games.  Support Sega dammit.  The games are 50-60% off, if you got in on the MSP 1200 points you are saving 85% between the cheap points and the half off DOTW, so enjoy some Sonic, and make some crazy money in Crazy Taxi.  Stop freaking out if you should spend 60 cents for Sonic the Hedgehog and buy it already.  You know one day your lazy ass won't be able to get up and you will go to your My Games because that's the only way you can launch a game, and you will see all these great games and you will remember what you did today for you and Sega and you will be proud.  And hopefully if everyone buys all the Sega games there won't be any more damn Sega sales, I want Taito DOTW, there's like 10 games that never seem to go on sale that they own.  

Come on, open up your wallet and spend the dollar or two,this is Cheapassgamer, not Freeassgamer.  And I get credit for Freeassgamer when someone invents it.  

Got Sonic Generations and Guardian Heroes. Still have 320 points left over on my account, thinking about getting 2 Sonic games (Already have 1 and 2). Not sure how many Sonic games one person needs, so I'll probably just save the points for another day.
You gotta get sonic 3. I didn't care for sonic CD. I love the classic sonic games, but for whatever reason CD doesn't do it for me. I can't really speak for adventure either. I missed it on the Dreamcast, but got it not too long ago when it was on sale for 400 MSP. I got up to where you first meet Tails, but after that I have no idea what to do and I haven't touched the game since. Sonic and Knuckles is also a good game.

Just a note for the people who had a short time in the D&D demo...press the select/back button to switch to the other game.  It actually lets you finish the level, so you get more playtime.  There's only 4 characters, but at least you can play longer. :)

OT, but am I the only one annoyed that someone rated this thread less than 5-stars? I think tylerh is doing an absolutely fabulous job keeping the OP updated (now all on his own), and has had to redesign it a bunch to work with the new update. So yeah, whoever it was should either change it, or speak up about what they find lacking in this thread. :bomb:

/rant

Can anyone recommend NiGHTS Into Dreams? I always wanted to try it when I was a kid but didn't have a Saturn.
Play the demo, I didn't like it at all. Couldn't even finish the first level. And it's a pity because it's a game I always wanted but didn't get for my Saturn in those times; alongside Guardian Heroes, that I got on Xbox360 :), Shining Force, Final Fight Revenge and Power Instinct.

Will be a big 2 weeks for me overall. 

Bought/plan on buying: 

Sonic 1, 2, and 3, CD, S&K, Renegade Ops, VF5:FS, Limbo, and Spelunky. Haven't decided on whether to buy Generations on disc or digitally. 

Will be running kinda low on MSP after this though :S

Sega All Star Tennis worth it for $10? Aracade-y type tennis game sounds pretty fun. Thoughts?

Guess Im the only one who was not excited for this sale. (most of this SEGA stuff has been on sale countless times and I already own most of it) Other than three season passes and a couple of DLCs I have not bought much of anything on the live marketplace in 2013. I even got bored getting BING ms pts after stockpiling so many. Started switching to amazon credit.

At least the DLC for Judgment came out yesterday for VIP members. :D 

OT, but am I the only one annoyed that someone rated this thread less than 5-stars? I think tylerh is doing an absolutely fabulous job keeping the OP updated (now all on his own), and has had to redesign it a bunch to work with the new update. So yeah, whoever it was should either change it, or speak up about what they find lacking in this thread. :bomb:

/rant
Thanks. I hope people think the OP looks ok. I always encourage any type of feedback people may have. As for the star ratings, there are always going to be PSN fanboys and PC elitists who blindly downvote things like this. On the old CAG, the Steam, XBLA, and PSN threads all hovered around 4 stars, I always just attributed it to that.

Sega All Star Tennis worth it for $10? Aracade-y type tennis game sounds pretty fun. Thoughts?
No. It's $4 used on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000ZN6BSM/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1371669543&sr=8-2&keywords=sega+superstar+tennis&condition=used

If you don't buy Guardian Heroes for $2, your soul will turn to black, shrivel up and die when the clock strikes midnight next Tuesday.

If you don't buy Guardian Heroes for $2, your soul will turn to black, shrivel up and die when the clock strikes midnight next Tuesday.
Don't forget the burning part. They always forget the eternal burning part.
Depends on if Microsoft employees are on vacation or not, or just drunk again.

And Yes, Guardian Heroes is a fuck -ing deal at $2. Im glad they fixed the price overnight.

I tried the demo for Guardian Heroes, and couldn't get into it. I think beat'm'ups just aren't for me, as no matter how hard I try I can't find any enjoyment in them :cry:

To the people getting Sonic Generations on the Hungarian marketplace, would I have to make a Hungarian xbox account and then download it? Sorry if this has been asked.

To the people getting Sonic Generations on the Hungarian marketplace, would I have to make a Hungarian xbox account and then download it? Sorry if this has been asked.
I don't see how else you could do it, besides changing your default account region (which you DO NOT want to do). Just create a new account, and put in some MSP (make sure they are region free, I forget specifically which amounts are and aren't).

I saw that a couple of people mentioned getting it, but has anybody played The Cave? Is it worth 600 points?
The 3rd page of the OP is a great place to look for feedback for current games on sale.

The Cave:

I guess I'm the only one that absolutely loved the cave. I thought the puzzles were a lot of fun, but the story, humor, and way it was told was what really captivated me. I played through it three times, and still enjoyed it thoroughly. That said, it is most definitely an adventure game and NOT a puzzle game. Think Monkey Island or Sam and Max. The only real knock I have against it is the fact you have to play through it five times minimum if you want to see all the endings (I didn't even realize you could get good endings until I'd already completed my third run), and there really should have been a way to skip all the parts you already played.

There was also a lot of glitches, but I'm pretty sure that was because I played the PS3 version. I think for that price it's a great buy, and something completely unique and offbeat. If you like Double Fine, you will be able to look over the rough parts and see all the joy and love that was put into the game. If you don't have any real affinity for the developer, well, you probably won't get as much out of it. I got it from PS+, but had I paid 600 MSP for it, I don't think I'd be disappointed

-MrNinjaSquirrel

Yep, you'll have to make a Hungarian account, then buy it and download it to your 360. It's easy stuff. I used a 1200 MSP code from the Microsoft sale since those are region-free, and I figured there would be another game or two that would go real cheap before the One comes out.

I actually checked the other region-free sale games in the HU marketplace and noticed they're 80 MSP cheaper on average.

I played Condemned 2 when I first bought a PS3 and enjoyed it a lot. How good is the first game in comparison?

Definitely worth playing if you enjoyed the 2nd. The melee combat is a bit more polished in 2, but I preferred the story of the first more. Loved the atmosphere of both games and how the AI would seemingly jump out of nowhere to attack you when you least expected it.

Though as others have mentioned, if your local gamestop has a copy you can get the disc version for 4.99 used. So that is also worth considering..
Glad to hear that. Thanks.

I was pleasantly surprised with Renegade Ops. I was expecting some vehicular combat game and got an action game that reminded me of those Army Men games from 3DO sans the corniness and plastic.

Couldn't get into Jet Set Radio. The spray painting gameplay bore me almost immediately.

I agree with the negativity towards the Sonic Adventure games. The cameras on those were horrible. From what I played on Sonic Generations, I haven't had that problem. I heard the next Sonic game will allow you to control when you want to Sonic to run. It's like they read my mind as soon as I played Sonic 1.

I'm a little surprised at all the Sonic Adventure hate. I only own 1 on Xbox, but am thinking about getting the 2nd one during this sale. One of my favorite games to play growing up. I just hate the cat missions.

I'll have to agree with everyone else and say Guardian Heroes for $2 is a steal.

I picked up Jet Set Radio a while back and couldn't even get past the training area, mainly due to the controls. I was a huge JSR fan and an even bigger JSRF fan, but that game has aged horribly.

And for the people asking what Sonic games to get, here's my personal favorites to least favorites:

Sonic and Knuckles

Sonic 2

Sonic 3

Sonic

Sonic CD

Sonic 4

I've never played any of the 3D Sonic games, so even with all the Sonic Adventure hate I might go ahead and give it a try, I mean it is only 160msp. 

I just threw points at MS to get Sonic TH1,2,3 and Sonic Adventure. Now I'm succumbing to the thought of owning all the rest of the Sonic's.....Sonic 4 Ep1,Ep 2 and Sonic Adventure 2. And also, The Cave cause yay adventure games and yay Double Fine! That's 2440 points in two days... You're killing me Sega.

This Sega deal is amazing... I wish I didn't own most of it so I could buy it again!

But seriously, I bought Space Channel 5 since I can't say no at $2, I'm very tempted to get Generations for the 3rd time at $10 even though I own it physically... why does my mind work in these stupid ways.

I decided to support Sega this time around got sonic 1234 4 episode2 sonic and knuckles I am holding out to see if i can get a better deal on generations via ps3 GS but if nothing i'll bite by weekend.

I'm a little surprised at all the Sonic Adventure hate. I only own 1 on Xbox, but am thinking about getting the 2nd one during this sale. One of my favorite games to play growing up. I just hate the cat missions.
In my opinion I think that Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Adventure 2 are the two best Sonic games of all time with Sonic and Knuckles coming in at #3. I used to play the Sonic Adventure series a lot and occasionaly still do and they are just a ton of fun to play.

I try to funnel half of my game acqusitions in support of indie devs (which is most assuredly not the same as half my game funds).  As a rule, my MS points are usually reserved for Xbox Indie or Live Arcade titles.  Not this time, though.  Sonic games for two bucks is just too good to pass up, even if only for the gamerscore boost.  And I'm no achievement whore.

If you don't buy Guardian Heroes for 2 bucks, you secretly hate yourself.  

Don't be that guy.  Game is a steal at 10 bucks; at 2 it's insanely underpriced.

And slightly off topic, but was there a July 4th sale last year? Or was there a "sale" that they hyped up with 4 or 5 things and 360 owners just sighed heavily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back