XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Daytona USA

NIGHTS into dreams

Guardian Heroes

Time to relive some of my Saturn memories!

Also grabbed Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara as I've been anxiously awaiting it since it was announced. No way do I have the patience to wait for a sale on that one.

Swiss Marketplace has also nice prices(for people who might have one of these instead of a HU account =P:

• Condemned: Criminal Origins – 5 sFr./400 MSP
  • SEGA Superstars Tennis – 5 sFr./400 MSP
  • Sonic Generations – 5 sFr./400 MSP
  • Sonic Unleashed – 5 sFr./400 MSP

Swiss Marketplace has also nice prices(for people who might have one of these instead of a HU account =P:

• [font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]Condemned: Criminal Origins – 5 sFr./400 MSP[/font]
Is sonic popular? I never thought it was but the. The only one i tried was the first. It was always too long and too hard for me and without save states you have to play it all day...seems like bad game design. I realize there's the nostalgia factor obviously. Are all these games like this?

I think Unleashed and Tennis are IP locked. Not sure about the others. Not 100% sure though.

Is sonic popular? I never thought it was but the. The only one i tried was the first. It was always too long and too hard for me and without save states you have to play it all day...seems like bad game design. I realize there's the nostalgia factor obviously. Are all these games like this?
Man... you can't be serious. Back in the day there were no save states and you had to play all the games in one go (there were exceptions, of course). That said, I would've been glad if they had included chapter select and saves in these "ports".

If you don't buy Guardian Heroes for 2 bucks, you secretly hate yourself.

Don't be that guy. Game is a steal at 10 bucks; at 2 it's insanely underpriced.
100% agree. EVERY CAG needs to have this game, especially at this price. I think the Saturn version still goes for $45+

• [font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]Condemned: Criminal Origins – 5 sFr./400 MSP[/font]
Taking a deep breath and forcing myself to fight the pull of the nostalgia glasses to defend its honor...

Firstly, you played possibly the worst of the 2d iterations, personally I feel 3 was my favorite (also, save slots!), with 2 as its runner-up.
Secondly, i could be wrong here but I'm pretty sure the first two games could be finished within a matter of only a couple hours, which is far from "all day"--that's a couple hours each, not combined. (Sega Genesis owners had to at least get some of that $35 dollars worth at original release. ;))

Taking a deep breath and forcing myself to fight the pull of the nostalgia glasses to defend its honor...

Firstly, you played possibly the worst of the 2d iterations, personally I feel 3 was my favorite (also, save slots!), with 2 as its runner-up.
Secondly, i could be wrong here but I'm pretty sure the first two games could be finished within a matter of only a couple hours, which is far from "all day"--that's a couple hours each, not combined. (Sega Genesis owners had to at least get some of that $35 dollars worth at original release. ;))
$35 worth? It was worse than that. Sonic and Sonic 2 were both $50 MSRP, and that was back in the early nineties. I distinctly remember buying them both, Sonic 2 was the first game pre-sale EB and Babbages ever did. I personally prefer Sonic 1, the courses were not as "thrown together" and it had that sense of discovery. Later games the levels got so long and convoluted it almost seemed randomly generated. I liked how the first one's level design seemed more "focused", but obviously it is my opinion. Three had its merit as well, Two just felt like a retread. All three are good games though, although I cannot get my kids to play them - even though they love Mario games. I really considered one of the Sonic games for download, but I am realizing it would go untouched for the most part.

Also, I was at the purchase screen for the longest time on D&D Mystara. I really wanted to do it, the 1200pts. price just felt high to me, so I decided to wait for a sale on it. At 800 I would have bitten, no question.

If you don't buy Guardian Heroes for 2 bucks, you secretly hate yourself.

Don't be that guy. Game is a steal at 10 bucks; at 2 it's insanely underpriced.
100% agree. EVERY CAG needs to have this game, especially at this price. I think the Saturn version still goes for $45+
Fantastic game, I had it on the Saturn as well. Paid full price for both and don't regret it. However, remember, it is an acquired taste. It seem bizarre at first with the multi-plane thing and the highly Japanese style. And you have to figure out the special moves and combos before it evolves into more than just a standard issue brawler. Pulling off a big combo in the middle of a huge crowd is so sweet. Oh and I've been playing it for years and I still don't really understand the story or the variations of the branches (I get the gist of it) - not that it matters, the gameplay is the win here.

I think I've read this right that the VIP reward for completing all three of the April Punchcard Rewards is just this email:

YOU are officially among the Xbox arcade elite, and we're giving you the badge to prove it!

Because you completed all three April PlaytoEarn Punchcards, you've already earned your exclusive arcade Avatar item, 1-month Xbox Live Gold membership, and 800 Microsoft Points. Now, we're giving you Xbox Live Rewards arcade VIP status! Show it off with this exclusive arcade VIP badge and take a look at some cool Xbox Live Rewards arcade stats you won't find anywhere else:

Exclusive arcade stats:

Most played arcade games

Minecraft was the most addicting game in April. Xbox Live Rewards members played for over 27 million hours, or more than 3,000years!

With time like that, you could sail around the world over 1,500 times!

1. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
Hours: 27,291,804

2. Terraria: Xbox 360 Edition
Hours: 7,308,178

3. BattleBlock Theater
Hours: 2,274,587

Total arcade hours

Xbox Live Rewards members across 15 countries spent 52,700,866 hours playing arcade games in April!

In that amount of time, you could climb Mount Everest over 300,000 times!

Most common arcade achievement

In April, thousands of Xbox Live Rewards members all around the globe freed Battleblock Theater prisoners by the masses. So, keep an eye out for shady-looking characters, perhaps wearing orange jumpsuits!

Achievement:
Nailfile Cakes from Battleblock Theater

Times Unlocked:

Congrats again on reaching the apex of arcade awesomeness. Now, go ahead and brag about it – you're a VIP!

Xbox Live Rewards Squad
I guess this image they included is also a part of it:

p2e_CrashSpyro.png

Damn guys, those badges are BAD ASS! I'm totally jealous. Huge props to Frisky for sharing those super secret stats!!!
Frisky is going to get hit with the ban hammer for divulging those secret stats. At least he didn't let any of you who have not reached the "apex of arcade awesomeness" know the super-secret handshake. They would've dispatched the cyborg ninja assassin squad if he had.

I think Unleashed and Tennis are IP locked. Not sure about the others. Not 100% sure though.
Yes, that is correct. Only Condemned and Generations are region free. The other two require VPN.

Can anyone attest to whether Condemned is worth throwing down for?
you should check out the third post of the OP. Tylerh put a bunch of the impressions people posted there, and it should answer your question :)
Oh sweet, didn't realize that. That's an awesome feature to have, seeing as with most of the sales I find there's always a title I'm completely on the fence about and need a little feedback for.

you should check out the third post of the OP. Tylerh put a bunch of the impressions people posted there, and it should answer your question :)
Oh sweet, didn't realize that. That's an awesome feature to have, seeing as with most of the sales I find there's always a title I'm completely on the fence about and need a little feedback for.
It's a brand new feature I've added this week. Thanks NinjaSquirrel for helping to spread the word about it.

The physical copy is only $4.99 anyway, in case you want it and are running out of storage space (like I am).

Badge huh...I think an avatar award might have actually been a better deal.  Only microsoft could disappoint me when my expectations were almost nothing to begin with.  :rofl:

Did they ever fix that multiplayer issue with Guardian Heroes? I havnt booted the game up since i snagged most of the achievements way back when the game was first released.

Bought Sonic Adventures cuz I remember my friends playing it when I was younger but then read all these CAGs bashing it to hell. D'oh >.<

I at least got Guardian Heroes though, heh.

I also recommend Condemned. I played it a few months ago for the first time, and it holds up surprisingly well for a 360 launch title. The atmosphere is the best.

I Really wish I could've been there when they decided stats and a simple graphic were considered a "VIP Reward".

Are those badges really one of the three rewards from that promo punchcard awhile back?
No, it's the VIP reward for doing all three Punchcards.
Wait so this includes buying those games on demand one month, the movie promo, and the arcade promo? You guys actually did all three of those?
No, the April Punchcard promotion had three Punchcards to complete for buying 3200 points' worth of XBLA games, four 400 point games, and play XBLA games for 20 hours, so completing all three of those got us some dumb stats and the very plain badge that any sigmaker on the internet could've designed for free.

Are those badges really one of the three rewards from that promo punchcard awhile back?
No, it's the VIP reward for doing all three Punchcards.
Wait so this includes buying those games on demand one month, the movie promo, and the arcade promo? You guys actually did all three of those?
No, the April Punchcard promotion had three Punchcards to complete for buying 3200 points' worth of XBLA games, four 400 point games, and play XBLA games for 20 hours, so completing all three of those got us some dumb stats and the very plain badge that any sigmaker on the internet could've designed for free.
Whoops I remember that now. My bad. Wow thats pretty sad then. They could have made them look nicer at the very least.

is Sonic Generations worth it? im really tempted after the trial but ive never really big a big Sonic fan
Easily the best Sonic game, I would say since the Megadrive / Genesis days, Sonic Colors would be a close second. Blends the old school 2D with the 3D style from Sonic Adventure really well. No gimmicks, just fast Sonic action.

I picked up The Cave after liking the trial. I'm loving the humor. It is definitely more of an adventure game with light platforming elements.

Thanks to Sega, what would have been a mundane to disappointing week for Live discounts, has turned into one of mass activity. The thread is jumping, and with CAG 3.0's new forum software, I can only quote about 4-5 at most so I'll just bold up the topic and hopefully that helps the skimming process, and hid my opinions behind custom spoiler tags.

Sonic series - I'm probably the most "deluded" fan of Sonic on this thread, as MrNinjaSquirrel would say. So not only is my unconventional taste in games may not be a good source for purchasing decisions, there's also the bias. First off for me the best Sonic title is Sonic CD (which is available on sale this week) followed by Knuckles Chaotix (which is not on XBLA at this time), and I guess a distant third would be the pot luck groupings of the old ones (1, 2, 3, and their old-school cartridge expansion DLC). The Sonic series to me was not exactly a technical platformer like those of Meat Boy or Mario, but rather a rhythm styled platformer in which memory and flow are bigger factors in how one plays them. A player is given the choice to play through the stages by either speed running through them or gaining as many points before finishing a stage.

Fake/false history on Sonic Team - Sega was in trouble after the Saturn, needed money and Okawa Isao gave his life's fortune to keep Sega afloat, he died broke. Fortunately, Sega spent those hundreds of millions on the largest silo of hardcore drugs they can get and went with the plan to innovate or die with the Dreamcast, unfortunately they innovated and died. Due to those unfortunate circumstances, Sega was bought up by Sammy, thus Sega-Sammy Holdings, Sammy kept the Sega name for brand recognition but Sammy already earns its money through gambling machines so they did not care. So how does this affect Sonic Team and the quality of Sonic games?

Well you know those internet animated gifs where someone sitting at a computer/cubicle suddenly goes ape$#|+? Yeah, that's Sonic Team every time Sammy says "we want money, make a Sonic game" and so I postulate that Sonic Team KNOWS how to make a good Sonic game, they just refuse to since the turn of the century. The only rational conclusion is that Sonic Team purposely makes bad Sonic titles as a plea for help, sabotage sales so they can be freed of their eternal torture of making Sonic games. See, Sonic Team, like a lot of creative people love to spread their wings, they used to create all sorts of original fun games like NiGHTS: Into Dreams, Ristar, Super Monkey Ball, Burning Rangers, Phantasy Star Online, ChuChu Rocket, and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (hey, I have said my tastes are unconventional and I actually did like it). So when they are forced to constantly make Sonic games, they partway make a Sonic game and try to shoehorn in some other idea they wanted to do for some other original title Sammy wouldn't let them create. I think their ultimate plan for freedom from the hedgehogs was to try and bring a lawsuit onto Sega-Sammy so no one would ever want a Sonic game again by having the black hedgehog brandishing guns, collecting bling with some sweet kicks, but those shoes inhibit, like shackles, inhibit the black hedgehog's true power; yeah, great try Sonic Team, truly offensive but that went too far and you must be punished. Sonic Team is forever forced to do what they don't want to do: make Sonic games.

Sonic CD - [customspoiler='160MSP']What makes Sonic CD stand out for me is the Japanese soundtrack and its time travel mechanic which adds to the variety of paths one can take to the finish. All that is needed for the ideal ending is to find the teleporter and projector in the past and collect the 7 time stones, not difficult at all, so I really enjoy how it is a nice short and very enjoyable game (so I can get to other titles on my backlog). The XBLA release does fix some things from the original (if you go through a stage too fast you can see some enemies spawn above the ground, now they are already on the ground performing their actions), adds widescreen plus display options, and has nice bonus features (switching between Japanese or US soundtracks, music player, etc.). At 160MSP for my favorite Sonic game, the price is low enough just to see if you agree with my odd taste in games, or if you find out that you don't you're only out $0.66USD (from discount Microsoft Points).[/customspoiler]

The classic Sonic titles: 1, 2, 3, Sonic &amp; Knuckles - [customspoiler='160MSP ea.']The first title I like because it was just raw and pure creativity when they started. I don't think I remember pushing blocks returning much after the first. Also its stages and art design had nice planned unique features (lava chase, burning grass physics, centripetal conveyor belts, etc.). However in the original, I felt the problem was that worlds lasted too long with 3 stages before advancing to the next world, which was corrected in its sequel, Sonic 2, where there are only 2 stages in a world. Sonic 2 also adds the spin dash move which allows climbing highly sloped floors from a standstill less time consuming (along with the Tails sidekick). The second game focused a lot more on the superficial loops you can run through but on the overall they refined the definition of a Sonic game, The third title I felt the bonus stages were not fun, and the regular stages did have a slapdash approach, yet its innovation with the unique elemental protection bubbles did give the game a nice flavor despite the annoyingly short looping music by Michael Jackson. Sonic &amp; Knuckles maintains the the bonus stages of 3 which I did not like, but it is nice to remix the other games with a character with different abilities. After all that, I personally cannot recommend buying these from XBLA, because of the poor emulation employed by Backbone which does not give a display option (I prefer my pixel art displayed sharp, unfiltered, and uniterpolated) nor does it have accurate sound, giving the XBLA (and PSN) releases a "cash grab" feel due to a lack of care to preserve the classic and give options/bonuses to the buyer.[/customspoiler]

Sonic Adventure - [customspoiler='160+80MSP']My secret confession, I only recently realized I never finished this back in the day, because I do not recall using the big fluffy cat. How can people not like a big fluffy cat?! I know the primary reason is that even back in 1998, I didn't like Sonic Adventure, it is still not good. I know this was during the Dreamcast time when they were trying to innovate and add story to the franchise. No one wants to see the "drama" of an 8-year old Rosy the Rascal trying to seduce someone twice her age (Sonic is 16, she's 8 according to the JP Sonic CD instructions), it's okay because they're hedgehogs? ... or because ... Japan. At 160MSP, it depends on how much of an experiment you can take for achievements you can do better within this sale.[/customspoiler]

Sonic Generations - [customspoiler='my eyes']I know, I see claims like "best modern Sonic game" which is quite a low standard. Sure modern Sonic has a much more appealing design with the green eyes and longer limbs, but this goes with the Sonic Team fake history above. The most nagging thing about the game was its less than optimal frame rate on consoles at 30fps or less. Like racing games, I feel a player needs the fidelity of a minimum maintained 60fps in order to be able to see, make a read of the immediate situation, evaluate, and make an action/reaction in fast games. I know the PC version is at 60fps and has the benefit of mods like adding in the day stages of Sonic Unleashed, but some here only have the option of 360. I'm not really a stickler for framerates but for the type of game it is, I cannot recommend, unless you are taking advantage of foreign marketplace prices with region free Microsoft Points.[/customspoiler]

Darnit, I already realize I've only typed about Sonic games, and already made a text wall. I can go on about the other titles maybe in another post. The tl;dr: I'm arguably the biggest Sonic fan on this thread, go buy good Sonic games like Sonic CD or Chaotix, any home console Sonic game released after Chaotix is $#|+, it's shaq-fu-ing $#|+, deity-shaq-fu-ing-darnit why's it shaq-fu-ing $#|+?! There's always avatar plushies for your kids to enjoy the character appeal, some of those are on discount this week.

Condemned: Criminal Origins - [customspoiler='800MSP']As a note for those OCD about gamerscore, this game gives a maximum 970G instead of an expected 1000G. As a 360 launch window title, it did have a great mood, and enjoyable melee combat. Hehe, I'm giggling at the description of the game as "bum destroyer." I possess the sense of humor of a kindergartener. Oh-ho-ho, it's funny, because it's referring to anal. Destro4eva lobs it up bardockkun slams it home![/customspoiler]

NiGHTS: Into Dreams - [customspoiler='400MSP']Not of and relating to lewd acts involving the anus, this game is great for the kids. Employing primarily the analog stick and a few buttons (one to zoom, triggers to do point scoring acrobatics with the ribbon), this game is stress free enjoyable. Delightful music and colorful presentation makes the repeated speed collecting (avoiding stage end as time permits) similar to a Sonic experience of a rhythm platformer. The characters, story, stages has that childlike wonder, sure to please the youngin's before you show how much of an anus the world we live in actually is. At 400MSP, I think it is a good price, you can feed a kid a few slices of crummy pizza or give them a memorable game, let them starve, they'll be happier.[/customspoiler]

Guardian Heroes - [customspoiler='BUY NOW']I paid the release price for it on XBLA at 800MSP, I still didn't play it on XBLA (because I played it on Saturn tens to hundreds of times), and I still do not regret the purchase knowing it is now 160MSP. I equate this game to other titles like Panzer Bandit, Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, and Code of Princess. In its day, this game stood out because of its mechanics which melded fighting games with brawlers. In order to do that leaving D-pad up to jump and down to crouch, opposed to traditional brawlers where it moved the player character towards or away from the background, there's the plane switching mechanic. There are special moves performed with joystick/d-pad motions (like down, down, attack), juggling combination attacks, movement/defensive options, and choice of characters with unique movesets like a fighting game. Coupled with brawler mechanics madness, where you can unlock more characters for the versus mode by defeating the many unique enemies in the campaign, there's also a small stat upgrade system and branching paths for its story/stage selection in the main campaign. The XBLA release added a new optional crosshatching shader effect, improved the multiplayer versus mode to 12 players (over the original's 6 local), and added online functionality. Just go buy the XBLA version at 160MSP, with your discount Microsoft Points you purchased that's only $0.66USD, I don't care if you ever play the game or even download it, you're just doing me a favor by donating funds for the game to make the statement "Crono enjoys Treasure titles made for Sega, and his joy is worth this small amount." Buy if you haven't already, it's less than a pack of gum.[/customspoiler]

Jet Set Radio - [customspoiler='400MSP']Between this original Dreamcast title and its sequel on the original Xbox (Jet Set Radio Future), they are different games to me. I actually did enjoy the circular motions for tagging things up, which the sequel removed to just hitting one button. It makes it such that the player has to decide the order and method to tackle a map. The appeal with this platformer is its style and music, strip that away it isn't much. The game is colorful and crazy with some well done environments for its day. The play mechanics are basic, and may not have a crispness one would expect from more modern play. Its sequel is backwards compatible (but the pause/map screens are messed up in emulation, and not usable), and adds a surreal vertical grind, takes advantage to make the play areas larger, but the original still had a wonderful density of life through its play areas. The XBLA version adds almost every song from all versions of the game the whole Japanese stages/songs, the US additional stages/songs, and a few of the Euro verson's songs. Also in the XBLA release, they added the right stick for a bit of camera control the original would have loved. Those added efforts making the new digital version have value to me even though I paid about $40USD for De La Jet Set Radio back in the day, without regret. So 400MSP, is a fair price, great for those who are nostalgic about the game as I, but for those without nostalgia, definitely give the demo a try to see if you can stand the stylistic quirkiness and feel of the controls.[/customspoiler]

Quick responses (quote limit):

E.Nich &gt; Thanks. you made me spend on a console MOBA. I hope that means even after the apocalypse when the 360 servers are shut down, I can still play the game on my own.

crazedracerguy &gt; My intention was not to insult plastic instruments, in fact I think the links I used were of cool things. I know very well for artists and creators, precision equipment to do exactly what you want is a costly venture. Just because I am awful at rhythm games (and fighting games, and FPS, and puzzle, well games in general) doesn't exclude me from enjoying them nor enjoying watching masterful play of them.

skonson &gt; Seems like more fighting games are testing the waters of a free-to-play (F2P) model. From XDZW, to DOA5U, Tekken Revolution, and the next Killer Instinct, I have my reservations about my feelings towards this pricing model and its effect on fighting games. I see that Spartacus Legends is trying gimmicks to stand out, however because it is free on Xbox Live I can try it out and see if I should give the developer, Kung-fu Factory, more than the 0 faith I have in another fighting game they had planned for XBLA. XD

im_dany &gt; The only region exclusive XBLA titles I can recall are Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: Special Edition in the EU regions, Virtua Striker and Cyber Troopers: Virtual On in the Japanese Marketplace as part of their Model 2 Collection set of XBLA games.

naughtynuggetz &gt; Daytona USA only has 3 tracks (I think they mirror and reverse them too), I wouldn't recommend at 400MSP unless you really love gamerscore or have nostalgic memories of the arcade machine. I hear it takes 15 to 60 minutes to get all its achievements, but I am awful at the game so I still have a ways to go. Who knows, Sega does seem to show up for discounts, so maybe they will give a massive discount in the future, and you can check it again another time. As for Renegade Ops, all the positive comments on this thread has made me seriously consider the game at its current 320MSP price.

Juice el Savior &gt; Don't do it, don't you do it, don't lose faith in fighting games. There's some nice stuff coming like Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- and BlazBlue: ChronoPhantasma which look great. Even Under Night In-Birth looks great to me. I do admit, I do miss old fighting games I enjoyed (not-rare footage of me getting dominated by a superior player using dominant characters). The selection is just so wide, you can now just cherry pick the main ones you like at prices you are willing to accept. Also don't ever mention Shining Force again, it is so sad, I mean look at that link; Sega doesn't even know anymore (and this is not a one time thing). I'll wait on Skulls of the Shogun to get discounted first.

ok i just played the demo for D&amp;D and....it had about 25 seconds of gameplay before it ended. wtf? i was planning on buying it but the game seems a little janky; i have to select guard from a wheel controlled by one button and pick it instead of spells and whatnot? huh, couldn't just add a block button to one of the 4 unused buttons? now i'm not sure if i should get it or not. i do have a lot of discount msp sitting around, that's for sure. on the fence now thanks to the demo offering next to nothing.
I had such intent at purchasing Dungeons &amp; Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, but it is 1200MSP and I realize I no longer have friends which share a schedule that I play it with, so at full price, I can wait until someone else want to play it with me, or it goes on discount. Had it been released at 800MSP, I would have instant purchased and thrown directly into my backlog. I did warn you may have to know the fighting-game-like controls. For the fighter and dwarf, you have the option to select the shield and hold the use item button to guard but all characters with shields like the priest, elf, dwarf, and fighter can just press-hold the attack button and pull the joystick/d-pad away from the attacking direction to guard the way the character is facing. The game has its origins as an arcade machine; I remember my friends and I loved playing this 4-player. The game is primarily a brawler, but it does fumble around with some RPG elements managing a simplified equipment and item management, along with character enemy unique status and abilities. In fact these exact games inspired an upcoming title I am very hyped about.

I just... man i really hate new games it seems. Is this a sign of getting older? Im 26 now... 10 years ago i would have cried to get my hands on any of these titles...
Feeling like an old man at 26? Yeah, that sounds just about right.

Keep a checklist of when you can't stand:
-when simple bodily functions become a chore
-how the younger generations act in public,
-when everything on the radio irks you unless its "a classic" or "a throwback,"
Oh, and you've decided only a handful of good TV shows are worth dedicating your time to.

When all of that is fully complete, you can send in for your crotchety old folks certificate (mine's framed).
I come from a day when that was carved in stone ... you kids.

So much for me doing more frequent postings with less text -_-.

That shining force video... MY EYES ARE BLEEDING!

I havnt kept up with the series since Shining Force III and that seriously just made my heart sink.

Its sad that my favorite genre is dying a slow painful death, hopefully games like Skulls of the Shogun can keep coming out every 3-5 years :(

Bro, im gonna try hard to not turn my back on fighting games, but man... i just... D: 

thats all i have to say is... D:

Not trolling, as Sonic CD blows it away, as well as all the other Sonic games on sale right now, save Sonic 2 and Sonic 3

i read it and he had some good points but at the end of the day getting sonic games for 160 mp kind of negates all negative reveiws. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back