XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
So your complaining ABOUT the complaining is somehow better and warranted though?
What about your snide questioning of the complaining about the complaining? :booty:

All jokes aside, try Defense Grid (assuming you have Gold) before you knock it. I bought it whenever the hell it was on sale, and I gotta say it's pretty fun. This definitely makes me wish I hadn't purchased it then, but that's what happens when you're a CAG - buy it now and count your lucky stars if it never scores a discount again (or worse, is delisted!), or buy it now and be punished later.

That was screwy of MS to allow people to believe Halo 3 and ACII were coming this month, but it amazes me how much bitching has surfaced here about it. Is this why I don't post as frequently lately, or is it the lack of wikiposts? Hmm...

Crysis is 160 on HU marketplace and is suppose to be region free. Insta buy for me

I have used 400,800 and the most recent $5 for 1200 codes to add to my Hungary account.

It's even worse when you start thinking "You know...maybe I want that game on my HDD. You know, just in case."
Well I guess we differ there as I try to keep 100GB free on my harddrive at all times. Weird I know. I prefer to own my favorites physically.

Only games I would rebuy and thats only if they ever went like 90% off are MassEffect3, Gears 3, Skyrim, and Transformers FallofCybertron as I would like to have those on my harddrive but that'll never happen. One can dream.

Bulletstorm and AC3 worth the prices? Looking for some good CAG recommendations here!
Bulletstorm is goddamn awesome. It's like if a Duke Nukem game had gameplay that got with the times instead of being dated and awful and stuck in the 90's in everyway. It's definitely more arcadey compared to other shooters, but fun eitherway.

AC3...eh, if you played the others you know what to expect. Unless you give a hoot about story for the franchise I'd say sure, if not...it'll be that price again for physical copy I'm sure.

Bulletstorm and AC3 worth the prices? Looking for some good CAG recommendations here!
Bulletstorm was a blast IMO, a good deal at 400 MSP, but kind of lacking replayabilty.

Crysis for 400 MSP is a def buy for me as is C&C: RA3 for the same amount of space bucks. It hit my sweet spot, now i gotta see if it'll fit in my last 9 Gigs of 250 gig space.

Someone describe Divinity II for someone that knows nothing about it, but is intriques with the price point.
It actually has a pretty good demo that should show you basically what it's all about. You'd have to have experience with euro RPGs I guess to describe it. Like Two Worlds, Risen and Arcania for example.

Someone describe Divinity II for someone that knows nothing about it, but is intriques with the price point.
It's sort of a B-tier Oblivion-style RPG from a European studio. Here's some of the Let's Plays that Atlus did prior to its launch so you can see it in action:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmVHOZUBJE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KgRF_AQlg0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJo3Em8P1-s[/youtube]

goddamnit i know nothing about divinity 2 but turning into a dragon makes me want to throw $5 at it. is that a good price for that game (vs disc release and previous steam sales?)

wonder if it's even cheaper on hungarian

this isn't a game that runs 10000x better on pc, is it?

How does Prey hold up? Always wanted to pick it up but never did. Hard to pass up at 240 points regardless but if it's not great now I might as well save the points.

How does Prey hold up? Always wanted to pick it up but never did. Hard to pass up at 240 points regardless but if it's not great now I might as well save the points.
I Played it 3 years ago and it felt dated then. Super linear and super boring. It plays like a late 90's PC FPS game and nothing else beyond that.

Has anyone tried Red Alert 3 for consoles? I did buy it from a Steam sale a while back but don't have a PC that can handle it. Anyone knows how the controls are in the console version?

One of the most underrated games of 360's past. a good deal at 240, but you can get the physical disc for the same price almost anywhere now-a-days. It was linear, but it was still a alot of fun to play. Theres soooo many ideas that game had, and other games used (portals, walking on walls/ceilings, playing mini games when you die, using alien weapons and of course, the best use of Blue Oyster cult's - DONT FEAR THE REAPER --- ever)

Bulletstorm is a fantastic game. One of my favorites from 2011. Limited MP, but for this price it's well worth it.

As for Assassin's Creed III, I love the series and I'm loving this installment as well. Easily worth this price for me as I've already put over 30 hours in without MP or DLC.

Was wondering the same, anyone help?
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 was a pretty good game (A deal at this sale price), but in my personal experience Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars was more fun to play online with friends. The games are pretty much the same when put side by side. but the two major differences was Red Alert has 10x better graphics then TW, but, the forces are not as balanced as in TW (you can get overpowered too quickly online). I'm re-buying C&C RA3 today myself, knowing that i'll get more fun out of the single player mode. If your more into MP, i'd suggest TW instead (which is still full price).

Man, these are some great prices.  I find it funny (or is it ironic?) how Microsoft are making it hard for people to want to get an Xbox One, yet are making it easy for people to want to keep their Xbox 360s (or even want to buy one in some rare cases).

Bulletstorm is goddamn awesome. It's like if a Duke Nukem game had gameplay that got with the times instead of being dated and awful and stuck in the 90's in everyway. It's definitely more arcadey compared to other shooters, but fun eitherway.

AC3...eh, if you played the others you know what to expect. Unless you give a hoot about story for the franchise I'd say sure, if not...it'll be that price again for physical copy I'm sure.
A friend of mine bought Bulletstorm on release. It was fun, but if that game showed replays for people at the top of the leaderboards like Trials it would have been a much better game. There is so much potential for epic crazy moments in that game and not only would watching other people's runs be awesome in it's own right, it would also help you learn tricks and where good combo opportunities are. Without something like that to inspire better runs, it gets stale pretty quick. Still, 400 pts is damn dirt cheap and if you can't wring a couple bucks worth of entertainment out of it you suck at video games.

11 games on sale today with 21 more to go on sale yet. How does that work given theres 7 days in a week? OR maybe like last time, these games on sale today will last all week long, with select titles available on a daily basis that only last a day?

I'm REALLY curious on how much they will charge for Witcher 2. I regret not picking it up for $10 the other week.

Was thinking I might finally get into Perfect Dark Zero at such a low price, but change to the AUS store and its $20. Stuff that!

11 games on sale today with 21 more to go on sale yet. How does that work given theres 7 days in a week? OR maybe like last time, these games on sale today will last all week long, with select titles available on a daily basis that only last a day? <--- that sounds plausible.
Yea I imagine they're shooting their wad a bit early and then will slow down as the week goes on. Which I always say is what they should do since it generates the most interest in the sale.

Just want to chime and tell you to buy BOA: Hell's Highway for this price! An amazing WW2 FPS with a great (and coherent!) story.
The Brothers In Arms series STILL stands as my favorite Military game series ever, NO exceptions. But i'm sure you can find this one in particular on physical disc (or maybe even the CE) for roughly the same price if not cheaper. (yard sales, Ebay, Flea markets.) But if you have the HD space to spare, go for it, absolutely.

OP is updated for now.  Tomorrow looks to be pretty hellish at work, but I should be able to get all the new DotW info in the OP by the end of the day tomorrow. 

Tempted on a couple games from this sale, but I'm going to at least wait and see what tomorrow brings before I bite on anything.  

Wow much better prices than I was assuming they'd be, definitely going for Crysis 1. I don't really know if I want Bulletstorm or not, I liked the demo but I have a feeling the game might get repetitive, a lot of people say its good but I don't know, though it is only $5 and the points I have right now only came from bing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back