XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
man i have like 5 or 6 on my hd, I've been wondering if i can delete some of them. i find it crazy stupid i need compatability packs when i own the friggin season pass anyway. i need a compatability pack for the game to tell me other gamers don't have the same content i have? 250mbs each for that shit? ridiculous
All you need is the newest (which is also the largest) file. All others are unnecessary now.

Threw the ME3 Omega DLC in the OP and title since that's a pretty big deal to a lot of people. Most of the OP is updated with the deals, but not actually links. I'll get those in later when the prices actually drop and xbldb picks them up.

Also, seeing as we're closing in on post 10,000, I'll be closing down this thread later in the week and starting a new on. Probably on Friday, just a heads up since this thread will probably be very popular all week
I've been waiting for a week where all the ME 3 dlc goes on sale. Anyone think this is going to happen still? I guess it's only been about 4 months since Citadel came out but it feels like forever.

The BL2 season pass includes the 4 story mode DLCs ( Mr Torque, Hammerlock, Capt Scarlett, Tiny Tina) and the UVHM dlc.   It does NOT include either the Psycho or Mechromancer classes.  There is no guarantee that the GOTY version will include these classes either as there is no precedent from BL1 as there were no class DLCs for that one.

I'm not seeing price drops on either Krieg or the Captain Scarlett BL2 DLC. Is it certain these will be part of the sale? I was hoping for a deal on the season pass but if the Scarlett DLC is really on sale this week I could pick up all of the season pass content for 2200msp vs 2400, but as it stands now without that DLC on sale now it's 2600msp which is more than the season pass.

Yes, they were listed as part of the sale by Major Nelson

Worth getting Borderlands 2 at $10 or wait for a GOTY Edition? If one even exists?
Get it now, it'll end up being slightly less than a GOTY edition if-when one is released. They are thinking about making a second season of DLC so any full collection will probably a ways off.

Okay, Mass Effect bought.

What about Dragon Age? Sure is a lot of DLC for that.  If I were to get everything then this is still the better deal. What if I don't like it?

Also, I've been playing Borderlands sinse launch (I get about 6hrs/week gaming time) so I'm just building my (already good sized) backlog right now.

Dragon Age Origins, yay or nay?
have you checked out divinity 2? seems to be a somewhat similar game for the same price. i was gonna get DAO but divinity 2 just looks like a higher quality, more interesting game set in a similar world. although DAO probably has better storytelling in a game that's dozens of hours long i prefer better gameplay most of the time.

Okay, Mass Effect bought.

What about Dragon Age? Sure is a lot of DLC for that. If I were to get everything then this is still the better deal. What if I don't like it?

Also, I've been playing Borderlands sinse launch (I get about 6hrs/week gaming time) so I'm just building my (already good sized) backlog right now.
Get the Ultimate Edition, now.

So what do you think the chances are of today's sales being up still when tommorow's go live (for a few hours or so that is). I'm really debating Borderlands 2, but don't want to regret it if something I want more goes on sale. I can't remember how long the last sale stayed up, so if anyone else does that'd be a big help :)

have you checked out divinity 2? seems to be a somewhat similar game for the same price. i was gonna get DAO but divinity 2 just looks like a higher quality, more interesting game set in a similar world. although DAO probably has better storytelling in a game that's dozens of hours long i prefer better gameplay most of the time.
I've played both and Dragon Age Origins is the better game... Divinity II feels like a cheesy version of an Elder Scrolls game, it's still good with tons of content but the dialogue and everything about it is just kind of lackluster. Definitely recommend DA: O over it if you can only get one or the other, it's an overall better RPG.

Divinity II is not in the same league as DAO. DAO is easily one of the top 5 WRPGs of this generation. Gameplay, story and overall experience is far superior to Divinity II. That said, buy the Ultimate Edition you'll want to check out the extra DLC.

You only need whatever is the most recent (biggest) one.

And yeah you do need them even if you have all of the season pass DLC, because there's still lots of stuff (Krieg, Gaige, and the costume packs) that other players could have and you might not.
Thanks so I only need the biggest one? Already had Hammerlock, Creature Slaughterdome and Torque before, will get the pirate dlc too when it finally will drop this week...also got extra skins and costumes fpr having borderlands 1 savefiles =P and just got my first 2 Golden keys haha =P

what a great sale!  reminds me of that other great GoD sale a few months ago...

already picked up Borderlands 2 and Assassin's Creed III.  luckily crazygametime had a nice sale on points so I will be able to splurge a bit.

Dragon Age: Origins is a must buy for any RPG fan. It warrants multiple playthroughs as the events/characters can change a lot.

Dragon age origins is a great game. The only thing I would say against it is it is a time sink. For those with very limited gaming hours it may be too long for you as I think it takes at least 20 to 30 hours to complete and much longer if you do all the side stuff.

And thank you for the MP3 input. Will probably snag it also.

Ugh.. I own some of these games, but I have a ton of M$ points from Bing Rewards and I'm debating on if I should buy the games I want to have them digitally and just sell the physical copy to make money...or just keep the physical copy and use the HDD space for other stuff...

Also, to those wanting Borderlands 2.. Isn't there a GotY version or something coming out? I heard there was like $60 of DLC available for that game or something.

I just checked Defense Grid out and really liked the first impression.

Then I saw that they incorporated GlaDos in one of the DLCs, awesome. So is the 8 maps worth it for the portal throwback DLC? Just Leary spending that much money on a game I got for free.

So what do you think the chances are of today's sales being up still when tommorow's go live (for a few hours or so that is). I'm really debating Borderlands 2, but don't want to regret it if something I want more goes on sale. I can't remember how long the last sale stayed up, so if anyone else does that'd be a big help :)
Tomorrow's sales will probably show up tonight at some point, so there should be a couple hours of overlap between the two.

Ugh.. I own some of these games, but I have a ton of M$ points from Bing Rewards and I'm debating on if I should buy the games I want to have them digitally and just sell the physical copy to make money...or just keep the physical copy and use the HDD space for other stuff...

Also, to those wanting Borderlands 2.. Isn't there a GotY version or something coming out? I heard there was like $60 of DLC available for that game or something.
im doing the buy digi / sell and make money off the discs thing because i have so much digital content on this system it would make no sense for me to ever sell it, so basically it boils down to; are you going to keep the system indefinitely?

i'd rather condense the clutter so in 10 years i don't have a box full of games that i end up selling bc i hook it up once every 2 years, as i did earlier this year with all my dreamcast stuff. easier to keep stuff indefinitely if it isn't in 100 different pieces. well if you're an apartment dweller like myself, anyway

and you can get 60 gb of extra space in flash drives for like $30 if space is an issue

Can someone provide steps in creating a HungarianXBL account?  It took me over an hour to create a Chinese one when ACIII was free only to have the download hang at 70/80% and stop.

Also how did people find out Hungary had the sales cheaper?  Anyone know if other XBL markets have it the same or cheaper?

There is but I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to wait or buy the game for $10 now and all the DLC separately.
Well the DLC is on sale this week so you could buy the game, all 4 DLC expansions, both extra characters, the 3rd playthrough/Level 61 download, and the GS preorder bonus arena today for $45 total, or wait 3-12 months to buy everything on disk for $60.

Me too, please someone who has played it chime in.
+1. I have played just a few of RTS games, so i wonder if Red Alert is too noob unfriendly.

I bought B2 day one, i don't regret it. If u don't care about having a disc on ur hands, 800mp is a steal for 2012 best fps and best multiplayer and best character VGA awarded game. U can wait to buy a discounted seasson pass, since it has been on sale already for 1600.

+1. I have played just a few of RTS games, so i wonder if Red Alert is too noob unfriendly.

I bought B2 day one, i don't regret it. If u don't care about having a disc on ur hands, 800mp is a steal for 2012 best fps and best multiplayer and best character VGA awarded game. U can wait to buy a discounted seasson pass, since it has been on sale already for 1600.
BL 2 DLC this week is on sale a la carte cheaper than the season pass.

Thanks so I only need the biggest one? Already had Hammerlock, Creature Slaughterdome and Torque before, will get the pirate dlc too when it finally will drop this week...also got extra skins and costumes fpr having borderlands 1 savefiles =P and just got my first 2 Golden keys haha =P
Don't even worry about manually installing compatibility packs. Fire up the game and it will tell you what you need (the most recent pack).

Ok, quick overview of C&C Red Alert 3.

#1, if you played Halo Wars, and liked it, get this. It basically plays identical. I've played most RTS games on 360 (there aren't that many), and for me, its Halo Wars first (its simple and to the point), then Red Alert 3 (similar to Halo Wars, but has three full campaigns, coop on all missions), then everything else.

Red Alert 3 has three full campaigns, so there is a ton of content. It also has coop, so its great to get and play. I played one entire campaign with my brother, and it was incredibly fun. Its obviously an RTS, similar to Startcraft, you build a base, get new/different units per mission, and each mission has weird/interesting mission objectives. I would recommend it if you like RTS games, as this is one of the best examples of how an RTS should work on consoles. The story is played out in live action videos like old C&C games, they are clearly exaggerated, and it makes it the more fun before entering each mission IMO. Controls are simple, for a console RTS, move commands/double click is here, the usual. Game can be played simple enough if you are on the easier difficulties, but it can provide a strategy challenge if on harder dificulties. There are also land, air and even water units (my favorite are the submarines, way OP).

Anyhow. I recommend getting it at $5, if you like the style of game or are interested.

Also wasn't the preorder DLC for DAO dropped to free when they got rid of the season passes?

Or was that DA2?
It was dropped before Christmas this past year, so I think beforehand. I'd guess they had already planned on doing so at that point, though.

The weaksauce for DA:O is the Shale DLC was included with free retail copies of the game. Bioware's site even mentions that digital copies will have it emailed (and they don't specifically mention PC). I'm seriously doubting Microsoft has been or will be sending out codes for it. At this point, it should probably just be made free so people don't feel jipped getting a $5 game and not the $5 DLC included.

Thanks for the inputs on DAO and Divinity 2. For $5 each I may just get both, I love RPGs. Will try out demos. I was planning to keep some points so I could use for the Xbox one but I don't ven know when I'll get it ha.

Are the confirmed upcoming games for sale final, or could there be more?  For example, the last time a sale like this hit there were games I missed out on such as Dirt 2.

Anyone know if the OP posted ALL games that will be going on sale during this special event?

Alright I'll chime in on this game. If you're a fan of any of the other C&C games for Xbox then this one will come as a disappointment to you. Over the past few years I started playing more and more RTS games on console with friends online and Red Alert 3 was the only one that we played for less than a month. Beat campaigns, a few skirmishes then left it to go back to Kanes Wrath. Noob friendly? Eh, the balance of certain vehicles is ridiculous. Those Ally Helo's are downright OP.

Kanes Wrath>>C&C3:TS>>>>>>>>>Red Alert 3.

If you're not a fan or have not played them than for $5 I'd say pick it up but play the demo first. Like someone stated previously it's more of a beginners RTS like Halo Wars. As someone who likes the more technical ones this and Halo Wars are both alright games.

It's sort of a B-tier Oblivion-style RPG from a European studio. Here's some of the Let's Plays that Atlus did prior to its launch so you can see it in action:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmVHOZUBJE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KgRF_AQlg0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJo3Em8P1-s[/youtube]
Quoting this again in case anybody wants to see Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga in action.

Are the confirmed upcoming games for sale final, or could there be more? For example, the last time a sale like this hit there were games I missed out on such as Dirt 2.

Anyone know if the OP posted ALL games that will be going on sale during this special event?
From the OP:

"Full list of games still to come (prices not confirmed):"

How did you miss out on Dirt 2? It was clearly advertised as a full week sale from the beginning and was in the OP of this thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back