XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomb Raider does have mulitplayer as well, but I heard It's just OK.

Currently sitting at second best rated game for the 360 so far this year (behind Bioshock Infinite) at a 86 metacritic.

$15 for 10ish hours isn't bad. Hopefully It's $10 lol.

Though if you really want to be cheap you can always redbox it, play it non-stop and beat it in 1-2 days.

Is Borderlands 2 worth it if I would only play it single player?
Yes you really don't lose anything playing solo. You might want to consider Mechromancer pack though. As somebody who played MMO's solo all the time, think of Mech as the pet class, making it easier to solo.

Tomb Raider does have mulitplayer as well, but I heard It's just OK.

Currently sitting at second best rated game for the 360 so far this year (behind Bioshock Infinite) at a 86 metacritic.

$15 for 10ish hours isn't bad. Hopefully It's $10 lol.

Though if you really want to be cheap you can always redbox it, play it non-stop and beat it in 1-2 days.
Wow, I had to double check that TR really ended up with an 86 overall. That to me is just criminal for a game that good. Maybe not being a big TR fan helped me quite a bit though. I know many of the previous games are very puzzle heavy, but this is one is more of a story driven action game with amazing graphics, animations, and really well balanced and satisfying gameplay.

Ok good to know, thanks. I'll probably just wait to see what tonights deals are and go from there. $10 seems too good to pass up but I really want XCom, Tomb Raider and ME3 Omega.  Its crazy how fast the microsoft points disappear.

The creature slaughter dome is just an arena to fight monsters in to get some loot and experience, and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack is the level cap increase and third play through option.
Just want to note that as long as the host has this DLC, you can play it. It was an on-disc preorder bonus.

Wow, I had to double check that TR really ended up with an 86 overall. That to me is just criminal for a game that good. Maybe not being a big TR fan helped me quite a bit though. I know many of the previous games are very puzzle heavy, but this is one is more of a story driven action game with amazing graphics, animations, and really well balanced and satisfying gameplay.
It's good, but it has a few issues. It becomes too much of a TPS during the last third or so of the game, and it needed more tombs/puzzles, not even as much as the old games, just more. Plus, multiplayer as it is was a waste of development time and resources, made even worse by all the DLC being map packs for it instead of the content everyone enjoyed.

I'd say mid to low 80s is a good score for it.

Also, note to anyone who decides to get the Psycho Pack for Borderlands 2, before you play you need to go on YouTube and watch "A Meat Bicycle for Two" it's a short video showing how he got on the train the other Vault Hunters were on, it also explains a bit of his story.

Just to say in Spain we have Perfect Dark Zero for 1200mp, aren't we awesome? To balance things AC3 and FC3 are at 800mp.

I'm actually thinking about selling my physical copies of most of these games and rebuying them with those cheap MSP i got a while back.  im in a tight situation for money this week and i'd rather just use some of those MSP rather than just having it sit there forever.  i still got like 22k msp and i dont see myself using them that fast anytime soon.  I hope i don't regret doing this, but I really need some real cash right now rather than internet xbox currency.

I'm actually thinking about selling my physical copies of most of these games and rebuying them with those cheap MSP i got a while back. im in a tight situation for money this week and i'd rather just use some of those MSP rather than just having it sit there forever. i still got like 22k msp and i dont see myself using them that fast anytime soon. I hope i don't regret doing this, but I really need some real cash right now rather than internet xbox currency.
I just traded in a ton of my games to GameStop (for credit, not cash), but I was in a similar situation, trying to figure out how to properly make my dollar stretch. You know that you can buy gas cards and some other gift cards at GameStop, right?

I'm actually thinking about selling my physical copies of most of these games and rebuying them with those cheap MSP i got a while back. im in a tight situation for money this week and i'd rather just use some of those MSP rather than just having it sit there forever. i still got like 22k msp and i dont see myself using them that fast anytime soon. I hope i don't regret doing this, but I really need some real cash right now rather than internet xbox currency.
If it's any consolation or encouragement, I too walk a pretty tight rope when it comes to personal finances a majority of the time and I would say that if you think you can make even a decent amount of money selling physical copies of games you can buy dirt cheap with digital space bucks, you are wise to give that plan a shot. Plus, I think between now and the end of the life of the xbox 360 (however many years down the road that is), sales like this will become slightly more common.

A little late to the discussion but I loved AC3. 2nd best game in the series IMO. I loved it from start to finish and I wish there was more story DLC. I honestly don't get the hate.

I wouldn't mind having them finish putting up the current DotW deals and expiring the old ones before they keeping moving forward with the Daily Deals.
Yes but much like when you wanted an arcade game sale rather than a Games on Demand sale, you are in the incredible minority here. Nothing wrong with that but it's just obvious you have a different opinion from like 99% of people LoL

I picked up BL2 with MS points that I had piled up from Black Friday for half off at Target....still have 4k points left.... what DLC is worth getting?
Mr.Torgue's Campaign of Carnage is really good in my opinion, and the Captain Scarlett DLC is pretty fun. I have the season pass but I have not yet played Hamerlocks Big Game Hunt or Tiny Tina's Assualt on Dragon Keep.

Any folks who got in on the cheap Black Friday Forza Horizon(or paid retail for that matter) have any thoughts on what price you would call that game a good deal?

Any folks who got in on the cheap Black Friday Forza Horizon(or paid retail for that matter) have any thoughts on what price you would call that game a good deal?
WELL worth the $15... i'd have probably paid $20. If it's $15 on this sale, I'm rebuying just to mess around on it again. It was good.

Excellent game, I would say anything under $20 is a great deal, but I love racing games so maybe $15 for someone else. Just don't buy the dlcs, those things are way overpriced. There is a pretty substantial free dlc that introduced challenges for each car though which was fun.

Yeah, I had it for $15 at Black Friday. It terms of worth, it really depends how interested you are on it and if you like/love racing games. I'm not a racing game fan, so for me, it would have to be $5 for me to bite now, even after I played it. But I can easily be worth $10 for anyone even remotely interested, it's a good racing game. $15 if you love racing games I guess, but if you love racing games, you would already own it I guess. Lol.

I'll probably get Forza Horizon just to mess around with the ZL1 I got on there since I'm about to trade my real Camaro... :(

Ah well, here's to growing up.

One of my friends (who has impeccable taste, but barely plays games) has stressed repeatedly to me that Forza Horizon is something I should buy. You know, if you want to let that be a thing that sways you. I'm definitely in for it if it's at $15 or less.

Edit: Nevermind it was 15 on BF... still a great price now

I was super happy with that game...i would say 15 is a good price at this point

Sorry if this has been answered already. I'm on vacation and can't read the whole thread.

The OP has Mechromancer and Psycho on sale at half price. I'm not seeing it online though. Are they discounted on the 360?

Mr.Torgue's Campaign of Carnage is really good in my opinion, and the Captain Scarlett DLC is pretty fun. I have the season pass but I have not yet played Hamerlocks Big Game Hunt or Tiny Tina's Assualt on Dragon Keep.
All this DLC for BL2.... is it only accessible after reaching end game?

I'm tossed on far cry 3 for Xbox or pc during steam sale. My pc is decent by lil aged by today standards. Plays everything pretty well just can't beef everything up to ultra
So that being said.
Xbox or pc?

I'm tossed on far cry 3 for Xbox or pc during steam sale. My pc is decent by lil aged by today standards. Plays everything pretty well just can't beef everything up to ultra
So that being said.
Xbox or pc?
Pc for sure man... I have played the consoles and PC version..... the consoles just runs terribly. Its truly ridiculous how low the fps gets sometimes lower than 20 fps.... Even if you run it on lower settings on a PC it will be much better imo.

Picked up BL2 for $10! I am really hoping they go crazy with Forza and list it for $10 as well, cause that's all I have left hehe

Thx. I did go ahead and get assassins creed 3 for Xbox. Heard bout a lot of frame rate issues early on in the game when in populated cities. And 14.99 is very comparable to current ac3 pc sales.

Well, so far I've picked up BL2, Max Payne, and PDZ for nostalgias sake. Thanks for all the feedback in this thread! Here's my two cents on the games I've played or currently own:

Far Cry 3: Easily the best game of last year and my personal favorite FPS ever. The gameplay is soooo good, there is a ton of stuff to do in the game, and the graphics/animations are fantastic. I love that there is a Mirrors Edge type feel to the movement. I'm not saying there's a lot of parkour in the game or anything, but it's definitely the best main character animations I've ever seen in an FPS, Cannot praise this game enough.

AC3: I'm not purchasing, as I borrowed it from my nephew so I will play it that way. However, I had played the game for several hours a few months back and I was very disappointed. The naval battles were cool, but the game just seemed dull and uninteresting, and the main character just didn't do it for me. The game just seemed to have a lot less polish than previous AC titles. There was one mission where I had to climb a mountain to get to a meeting, and then assassinate somebody. I literally just ran the entire time, pressing the attack button, and completed the mission. Just so lame to me.

Brothers in Arms: I personally really like the gameplay ideas in the BIA games, and the best version of those gameplay mechanics are in the Hells Highway game. The cutscenes are unskippable, but the satisfying campaign make it worth it.

Mass Effect: A classic. ME2 is a big improvement on the game, but if you haven't played the ME series before it's an easy purchase.

Bulletstorm: I had a lot of fun with this game. Great, fluid gameplay and the scoring becomes addicting. It really makes you think about how you are taking out the enemies rather than just getting headshot after headshot. Plus, the campaign has several great set pieces in it as well as a decent story, so I'd highly recommend this as a purchase.

I was wondering if I could get some more feedback from you guys as well. I'm thinking about the WWE game, but I haven't played a wrestling game in a LOOOONGGG time. I tried some of the ones from a couple years ago, but they didn't do anything for me. I loved No Mercy and Road to WrestleMania back in the day though. Still, I don't watch and am not interested in wrestling anymore, so the only feature that would interest me is the attitude area. Any thoughts on whether this would be a good purchase for me?

WWE 13 is a steal at that price!!!

Is Prey worth at $3? I know its a very old title. So, I don't expect it to be much graphic wise.
I played it about a year ago and was shocked to see how much I could enjoy a $4 used game from Gamestop that I didn't know much about going in, it's got a little bit of an older feel to it but it had some interesting aspects to it that made me really like it. I consider it to be a hidden gem kind of game.

Very nice sale so far.  In for Borderlands 2 and Crysis at this point.

The OP has Mechromancer and Psycho on sale at half price. I'm not seeing it online though. Are they discounted on the 360?
They are not discounted on the console, either. I assume it's some sort of SNAFU they'll be fixing soon-ish.

On the plus side, kudos to Microsoft for going all-out on sales like this... nice to see someone on the console side actually trying to utilize the full range of price points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back