XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
It might not be a terrible game on its own. If you're a fan of any of the original three games, it's a slap in the face.

- Campaign has an arcade feel (which is okay on its own, but should have been a bonus, NOT the main campaign)

- No horde

- No Execution or Warzone (the first game launched with these two and Assassination, they were the staples of the franchise. How can they ditch them?!)

- No down-but-not-out mode when you're out of health

- The game ships with four competitive multiplayer maps. The first map pack only consists of remakes, one of which has already been remade TWICE.

- You can only carry one weapon at a time, limiting you to strictly long-range or strictly close-range. This isn't Call of Duty.

- No more smoke grenades. Everyone spawns with frags now.

- You can no longer play as the Locust. It's Cog vs Cog. Why?
-Campaign is definitely weird, I'll agree on that.

-No horde not a good thing alright I agree on that as well but they do have some very fun modes that take its place

-TDM and Domination are all I play but I'm pretty sure Execution is in it

-Hate down but not out so I see that as an improvement

-Didn't know it only had 4 maps I bought it after both DLCs were out, ya that's pretty weak

-One weapon? You can definitely carry two at all times

-Pretty sure you can choose smoke grenades can't you? Maybe not but I coulda sworn I spawned with them at some point accidently.

-Just skins, really means nothing

Those are just my personal opinions obviously but even if I agreed on all points I would in no way consider it a bad game and as a fan I wouldn't consider a slap. A worse game I suppose if I agreed on all points but still a good game.

It might not be a terrible game on its own. If you're a fan of any of the original three games, it's a slap in the face.

- Campaign has an arcade feel (which is okay on its own, but should have been a bonus, NOT the main campaign)

- No horde

- No Execution or Warzone (the first game launched with these two and Assassination, they were the staples of the franchise. How can they ditch them?!)

- The game ships with four competitive multiplayer maps. The first map pack only consists of remakes, one of which has already been remade TWICE.

- You can only carry one weapon at a time, limiting you to strictly long-range or strictly close-range. This isn't Call of Duty.

Couple of wrong points. Execution exists maybe you havent played since the first week but it was added awhile back. Smoke grenades do exist (maybe you played a special event and made this assumption). You can pick your grenades (frag, ink, smoke, spot). And not being able to play as locust is just a cosmetic change it doesnt affect gameplay. Carrying one primary weapon is not that big of a deal although that was changed. Either way, adapt. Kill someone and take their weapon. Problem solved! You now have two primary weapons! Some playlist do change to allow you to carry two primary weapons, or be forced to have smokes, or other changes (special events).

I have stood by gears as well since part one. I enjoy Judgment as much as the others. They are all "different" in certain aspects. Only two that felt similiar to each other were 3 and Judgment. Moving felt smooth.

Edit: Ever since I joined CAG it seems people here like horde. Most people I game with are competitive it seems. And I know not one person personally that likes horde. CAGS really like horde. I guess its the casual uncompetitive gamers. I hate horde. Gears 3 made it somewhat fun but not for long. Either way for campaign and overrun the game is still worth a solid $15-$25. Hope some of you buy it and see for yourselves, dont take all the negative points people are feeding around.

So I've never played DA:O. I know I'll like the game, but I'm wondering if I should pick it up now, or try to get a deal on the Awakening disc version with all the dlc?  I'm not even sure I need the dlc really.  Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Am I blind? Is the full weeks games published somewhere?

edit. NM. I see it now. 

I wish Halo 4 was on there. 

- No horde

Some of your info is dated and/or just incorrect.

Execution was patched in and Warzone was initially playable through a very easy exploit (it doesn't work anymore)

You can choose what grenades to spawn with, smoke-ink-frag, only fire grenades are pick up items.

You can carry two weapons again thanks to a patch.

Couple of wrong points. Execution exists maybe you havent played since the first week but it was added awhile back. Smoke grenades do exist (maybe you played a special event and made this assumption). You can pick your grenades (frag, ink, smoke, spot). And not being able to play as locust is just a cosmetic change it doesnt affect gameplay. Carrying one primary weapon is not that big of a deal although that was changed. Either way, adapt. Kill someone and take their weapon. Problem solved! You now have two primary weapons! Some playlist do change to allow you to carry two primary weapons, or be forced to have smokes, or other changes (special events).

I have stood by gears as well since part one. I enjoy Judgment as much as the others. They are all "different" in certain aspects. Only two that felt similiar to each other were 3 and Judgment. Moving felt smooth.

Edit: Ever since I joined CAG it seems people here like horde. Most people I game with are competitive it seems. And I know not one person personally that likes horde. CAGS really like horde. I guess its the casual uncompetitive gamers. I hate horde. Gears 3 made it somewhat fun but not for long.

It has been a few months since I've played. Hmm. I'll check it out once the second DLC pack comes out (or did it come out already?) since I bought the season pass on launch. At the time, I don't remember there being a way to get smoke grenades. And by only carrying one weapon at a time, I mean your main weapon, not counting your sidearm. I liked being able to switch between lancer and gnasher on-the-fly, and that just wasn't an option, unless they patched it in later due to complaints. You could only switch between main weapons while waiting to respawn.

It has been a few months since I've played. Hmm. I'll check it out once the second DLC pack comes out (or did it come out already?) since I bought the season pass on launch. At the time, I don't remember there being a way to get smoke grenades. And by only carrying one weapon at a time, I mean your main weapon, not counting your sidearm. I liked being able to switch between lancer and gnasher on-the-fly, and that just wasn't an option, unless they patched it in later due to complaints.
Yes I believe it was added exactly two weeks ago for VIP. Last Tuesday it came out for the public. So it has been out for a little. Give the game another chance as most of your hates of the game have been changed. They brought back checkout as well. So thats two remade maps but I like them so that was cool.

WTF. I accidentally bought Max Payne 3 with cash instead of points, so my mistake, but how the hell does Microsoft have my credit card that's a month old when I never gave it to them? 

It has been a few months since I've played. Hmm. I'll check it out once the second DLC pack comes out (or did it come out already?) since I bought the season pass on launch. At the time, I don't remember there being a way to get smoke grenades. And by only carrying one weapon at a time, I mean your main weapon, not counting your sidearm. I liked being able to switch between lancer and gnasher on-the-fly, and that just wasn't an option, unless they patched it in later due to complaints. You could only switch between main weapons while waiting to respawn.
You should check it out again I think. Some of your complaints are still there but some are gone. You can definitely spawn with a gnasher and a lancer. Just choose gnasher as your main weapon and the game will give you the lancer or vice versa. IIRC if you choose any shotgun you will spawn with it and the lancer, if you choose any rifle you will spawn with it and the gnasher.

DLC is out already.

I don't understand the hate for Judgement. The campaign is weird sure, it plays like a mix of campaign and horde with all the sections where you have to defend a spot but other than a few minor changes (some of which I think improve the game such as the removal of active reload) the online feels exactly the same as every other GoW to me. If I had payed full retail day 1 (I didn't) I wouldn't have regretted it at all.
It's because it's a buggy piece of junk that is inferior to the 3 previous Epic made games. Also don't care for the changes they made to weapons and online modes.

- No horde

Yeah that's all of my complaints as well in addition to all the bugs I ran into.

Hasbro Family Game Night 3 $10
Rockstar Table Tennis $3
Lego LOTR $15
Kinect Sports Season 2 $10
Lego Batman 2 $10
Monopoly Streets $10

All great prices. I really wanted LOTR to be $10. I'll probably pass and just get Monopoly Streets today. I already own the rest except Table Tennis which doesn't interest me.

Curse you people. I hate FPS but with all the Far Cry 3 praise I had to get it. Time to get shot from the back and not know where its coming from like in what happened in the Blood Dragon demo, which I will have to get when it goes on sale because its Michael Biehn!!!

Gotta say I liked the Judgment campaign, except for the changes to the weapons and controls. You say this was changed in a patch, so I might be happier now. Multi-player sucked ass big time. Hated every change COG vs COG makes it more annoying to hear and see the enemy, limited maps, 2 main weapons and lack of a pistol, no horde mode, a staple of the game. Come on this was a slap in the face to any longtime fan of the series.

....Ever since I joined CAG it seems people here like horde. Most people I game with are competitive it seems. And I know not one person personally that likes horde. CAGS really like horde. I guess its the casual uncompetitive gamers. I hate horde. Gears 3 made it somewhat fun but not for long...
Please, just because you want to play co-op with people does not make you a casual uncompetitive player. Its a team competition.

Don't forget everyone that Prey 2 is getting made right now by the people who made Dishonored, and while they will certainly be different, you might want to get in on Prey before that.

How much do you guys think Bioshock Infi will be for?  If it's less than 20 bucks, instabuy.

It's listed as 60 on MS store.  If is listed as 30 or 25 for the sale, no thanks jeff lol

Will be buying Orange Box, Mass Effect, and maybe another game.

How much do you guys think Bioshock Infi will be for? If it's less than 20 bucks, instabuy.

It's listed as 60 on MS store. If is listed as 30 or 25 for the sale, no thanks jeff lol

Will be buying Orange Box, Mass Effect, and maybe another game.
Probably $20, which will result in pretty good deal on that special marketplace. :p

Glad i sold my disc copy of the game, while the price of the game was high.

If Gears Judgement ends up being anything higher than free, don't buy it. Seriously. Don't let low prices trick you into buying bad games.
Exactly this. Gow J is a travesty and a slap in the face to gears fans. Hated it and will never touch that steaming heap again. Go back to playing 3 like the rest of us have.

I want to buy one of the Lego games to mess around with.  Of all them I've only played one of the original star wars ones several years back.  So for someone who's not already bored with the mechanics, what do you guys recommend, Batman 2 or LOTR?  I'm pretty indifferent between the licenses, just want to know which game is more fun / higher quality.

Exactly this. Gow J is a travesty and a slap in the face to gears fans. Hated it and will never touch that steaming heap again. Go back to playing 3 like the rest of us have.
Im a fan. And I disagree. Like the others who said that, you probably havent even played it since release. Much has changed.

If it's 20 bucks, I'll chit bricks lol

And why did you sell your disc copy? Did you not like the game? I understand you selling it due to the high price (smart).

So far FC3 is the highest priced out of the "specials". 20 bucks and released last Feb. Bio Inf released in late May.

So I expect it to be 25 but I am hoping for 20.

Can anyone tell me why the EFF Bioshock 1 and 2 are still 20 bucks each? Da faaa.

Just when I'm tryin to broadin my horizons as a gamer after playing Halo for YEARS lol
Far Cry 3 came out in December 2012. Bioshock Infinite was in March 2013.

And i wouldn't expect it to go sub $30. I can possibly be wrong and if I am get the game please. But I think people will buy it even if it hits $30-$40. CAG is not the majority of purchases.

Far Cry 3 came out in December 2012. Bioshock Infinite was in March 2013.

And i wouldn't expect it to go sub $30. I can possibly be wrong and if I am get the game please. But I think people will buy it even if it hits $30-$40. CAG is not the majority of purchases.
Yeah my bad on that. Didn't look closely (it's 3:33am here and I have to work tomorrow).

When can we expect day 3's to be on marketplace?

Even 30-40 bucks would be pricey if it's in this sale. I doubt many will buy.

What does CAG mean?

And what do you mean by "and if i am get the game please"? lol

And Sath, I wish I had a gaming pc to get those cheap steam prices.

Sorry if already posted but Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC is 50% off (600 pts/$7.50) on XBL right now. Good deal. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Mass-Effect-3-Omega/6adecf00-1f12-4dd9-8931-aea546c6e985
Its actually in the title of this thread. Good catch regardless.

Even 30-40 bucks would be pricey if it's in this sale. I doubt many will buy.

What does CAG mean?

And what do you mean by "and if i am get the game please"? lol

And Sath, I wish I had a gaming pc to get those cheap steam prices.
CAG is this website. Cmon now.

If I am wrong about it being $30 or more meaning it is less. Than do yourself and me a favor and get the game. It is amazing.

I need to close this website now and study some more.

I want to buy one of the Lego games to mess around with. Of all them I've only played one of the original star wars ones several years back. So for someone who's not already bored with the mechanics, what do you guys recommend, Batman 2 or LOTR? I'm pretty indifferent between the licenses, just want to know which game is more fun / higher quality.
LOTR has the most new stuff in it, it mixes some light RPG elements into the game. And it uses the voice tracks from the movie which is cool. Both are great, it just depends on which franchise you like more.

Wanting Monopoly Streets and LEGO Lord of the Rings... but the disc version of the games can be had for either the same or a little more (used).

But then again.... I'm up to my eyeballs in MSP.

Decisions, decisions...

I really am having HD space problems now that GoD games are having so good sales. I end up buying Far cry 3 (5,xx GB), Prey (4,xxGB) and Borderlands 2 (5,xx GB), and now I'm waiting to Hitman Absolution sale (7,xx GB). Ah, and still have to get ME Omega (2 GB).

Having into account that I had 30 GB free in my HD, now I really need to get some 32GB USB sticks.

fuck, bought Rockstar Table Tennis, but forgot to use my points.

A little bit, yeah. Looks like the five pieces of DLC in the Pass can be purchased for $27.50 right now.
Or you can wait until Borderlands2 Pass gets discounted to 1200 MSP (like I do). Bordelands 1 DLC had a lot of discount offers, so I expect that BL2 will be the same.

So far I've bit on

- Borderlands 2

- Monopoly Streets

I still might get Lego Batman 2, because I love the Lego Star Wars games and the first one for the most part, too.

I was going to go with Hasbro Game Night, but I read that the online support for that had been removed.  Not that I would've played that online very much, but it was still a nice option.  Is that actually the case?

Any opinions on the lego games?
Lots of fun. Some people think this is a kid's only game but I disagree. There are actually many times where you can can unlock characters and gain access to new areas based on how well you play. Extra points on Lego Batman for using the 1989 Elfman movie soundtrack.

When I see a prompt that says to push the X button, I usually hit the wrong button. Therefore, I own the lego games on PS3 where X is more comfortable for me.

I want to buy one of the Lego games to mess around with. Of all them I've only played one of the original star wars ones several years back. So for someone who's not already bored with the mechanics, what do you guys recommend, Batman 2 or LOTR? I'm pretty indifferent between the licenses, just want to know which game is more fun / higher quality.

LOTR has the most new stuff in it, it mixes some light RPG elements into the game. And it uses the voice tracks from the movie which is cool. Both are great, it just depends on which franchise you like more.
The Lego games are known for having comedy mixed in. I didn't get this from what I played in Lego LOTR. Gameplay was good though.

Lego Batman 2 has an original story and is the first Lego game to have voice acting.

Still, you can't really go wrong with either one.

I really am having HD space problems now that GoD games are having so good sales. I end up buying Far cry 3 (5,xx GB), Prey (4,xxGB) and Borderlands 2 (5,xx GB), and now I'm waiting to Hitman Absolution sale (7,xx GB). Ah, and still have to get ME Omega (2 GB).

Having into account that I had 30 GB free in my HD, now I really need to get some 32GB USB sticks.
I'm running into the same issue. I'm thinking that the sane resolution might be to get a 320gb HDD for my second 360, and then swap them - would simplify the Kinect power situation, too, since the newer one is a Slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back