XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
i got a cheap 320 off ebay. the 4gb of onboard storage has enough room for allll of my game saves (since i'd rather have them there then on the chinese HD)
I stick my low-priority saves on my HD and my high-priority ones on the 500MB cloud. Truthfully, the cloud isn't good for much else, but it certainly is nice to be really working at a game and knowing the save is backed up both locally and out in the cloud.

Alien vs Predator worth $10?
It's one of my favorite games for multiplayer, but I'm pretty sure it would be dead at this point. The "zombie" type mode with aliens and humans was the second scariest multiplayer I've ever played. It also has a map that is one of my favorites. The level is a pyramid that changes as the game is being played (first AVP movie). When travelling in a group, the changes can split everybody up if not careful, just like in the movie. The human single player campaign also has several great parts that will scare the potatoes out of you nose.

I've put about 2 hours into Clash of Heroes so far. The gameplay is pretty fun and reminds me of the Puzzle Quest games. The story is completely forgettable high fantasy and is thankfully completely skippable. For me, the main issue with the game is that according to How Long To Beat, the campaign is 30 hours long. I don't have nearly that much match-three in me. I will probably just finish the first world/campaign and move on.

It's one of my favorite games for multiplayer, but I'm pretty sure it would be dead at this point. The "zombie" type mode with aliens and humans was the second scariest multiplayer I've ever played. It also has a map that is one of my favorites. The level is a pyramid that changes as the game is being played (first AVP movie). When travelling in a group, the changes can split everybody up if not careful, just like in the movie. The human single player campaign also has several great parts that will scare the potatoes out of you nose.
Thanks for the input. I doubt I'd put any time in online, but 3 single player campaigns and being a fan of the source material (well more the series' individual movies than the crossover) makes me think this could be worth $10 (which looks to be a legit deal looking at GS/Amazon prices). I'll keep an eye out for more feedback as the week goes by, especially if Bobby gets that section of the OP up and running soon.

yeah i did that with rainbow 6
Thanks for the info. I added an old gift card I had with a couple dollars on it since I couldn't add it without a payment method. I checked afterwards and it is in my download history in case I ever need it now.

Also I can relate to how a bigger hard drive helps. I had a 120 for a while and it kept being full and I had to move stuff off to a USB stick all the time. I thought about getting 2 32s, but the cost of two good ones would have nearly been the same as a 3rd party 320 gig, so I got that instead. Mine is sitting at 21 gigs free now, so at least I still have enough space to install whatever games I'm playing at the moment.

well since all these sales suck (i'd recommend xmen arcade i guess) just wanted to chime in on how awesome having a 320gb hd is. my console got banned so i got forced to buy an arcade and i got a cheap 320 off ebay. the 4gb of onboard storage has enough room for allll of my game saves (since i'd rather have them there then on the chinese HD) but suprisingly that extra 70gb of storage lets me hold every single game i've ever bought plus the GFG games. no more fiddling to delete the game i play the least anytime i wanna try something new. that extra little bit makes all the difference, and when GFG inevitably fills that up i still have flash drives i can dump stuff i don't play as much onto.

i went over my data cap in about 6 days though lol i didn't even know i had one with cox, but apparently the 'data cap' email is just a suggestion to upgrade to faster internet, they don't bottleneck you or charge you or anything so it's basically just clever marketing designed to scare you.

yeah i did that with rainbow 6

Im in the same boat as you. I have just started looking at these cheap 40 something dollar 320g hd off ebay. Anybody have any horror stories with them?

Im in the same boat as you. I have just started looking at these cheap 40 something dollar 320g hd off ebay. Anybody have any horror stories with them?
thats what i did, mine came in like 3 days or so shipped from the US, its definitely the way to go i think. just put your saves on the cloud or internal storage or a usb just to be extra safe, even then that's just being careful

this is the one i bought hes sold like a thousand of them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111140825717?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Does anybody have any experience with the SanDisk Cruzer USB drives?  The 32gb ones are on sale at best buy for $15 this week and I'm thinking about getting one to install the GTA5 play disk to, but I want to be sure the game plays ok from it.  If so, I'll be using it for downloading additional games that may go on sale, as my 250gb drive on my slim is full. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-cruzer-32gb-usb-2-0-flash-drive-black/9288807.p?id=1218075402509&skuId=9288807&st=Sandisk_Memory_For_PC_Laptops_109559&cp=1&lp=1

Does anybody have any experience with the SanDisk Cruzer USB drives? The 32gb ones are on sale at best buy for $15 this week and I'm thinking about getting one to install the GTA5 play disk to, but I want to be sure the game plays ok from it. If so, I'll be using it for downloading additional games that may go on sale, as my 250gb drive on my slim is full.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-cruzer-32gb-usb-2-0-flash-drive-black/9288807.p?id=1218075402509&skuId=9288807&st=Sandisk_Memory_For_PC_Laptops_109559&cp=1&lp=1
Im a big fan of any of the SanDisk Cruzers, just stay away from the micro ones. ive been using a 16 and 32 for awhile now, with zero issues.

http://majornelson.com/2013/10/08/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-game-store-2/

Major Nelson just posted the 2 week preview. My banned ass won't be missing anything, I already have Storm and Capsized from next week and don't care about the rest.
Is it me, or does EVERYTIME we mention The Majors lack of posting, he posts within minutes?

I may be in it for the BattleStations games.

It seems Mince-raft is getting an add-on as well? Maybe it needs a patch, so it'll float properly?

Just got my birthday email from Xboxlive Rewards. All it had was a Happy Birthday message and a link to "Get my birthday cake."I clicked it and its a printout to make a paper cake and says Xbox Live on it.  :rofl:

No more 20 MSP or a quarter?! :whee:

Nothing for me... Still waiting for some news on Enter the Dominatrix which Volition said would be out within 45 days of Saints Row IV's release.

Looks like Obama is an Xbox fan...
Well I do know that the supposed leak of the second DLC was "The Saints Save Christmas" So maybe they are trying to keep them close together. I loved that game but traded it in towards Diablo 3. I will pick it up again once the DLC's are dropped if the reviews are good though. That game was just plain old fun.

Finally Who Wants To Be A Millionaire XBLA gets a US release. I don't have to migrate to another country for that particular game anymore. My notes show that it's in 28 active Xbox Live regions.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Who-Wants-To-Be-A-Millionaire-Special-Editions/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b55

$5 & $6.25 for the Battlestations games? I might have to buy those.

I was interested in Tekken Tag 2 until I saw the $40 non-sale price before the 50%. At this rate I might as well pick Tekken 6 back up for $15 and play that.

Another sleeper week before Halo 3 hits. If DLC and ODST go 50% off I will be buying everything Halo 3 related at least.

btw, i will be doing an experiment in the next few days, i will post the result if anybody is interested, since i cannot find a conclusive answer online

when my console got banned, there were many games i once had on it but had deleted to make space. now that it is banned, there is no reason to have online games like happy wars on it, so there is more free space. so i am wondering if i redownload a game i owned prior to being banned and move it to the banned console, if the license will still be on that console/hd. i can find guesses online but no one who has actually tried. so i will download an xbla game and a GOD game i had previously deleted, put it on USB, and see if the license still exists on banned console even though the game is deleted. this way i could reclaim a few games i deleted before onto the old console before i give it to a friend. i have no idea if it will work but it is worth trying.

also damn f1 2013 got put on GOD fairly quick, but i don't think i'd want it cos i got 2012 on PC for like $8 a few weeks ago

alsoalso can you play ascend : hand of kul with a friend? or is it like that dark souls coop where you cannot choose who u play with? is it fun from the get go or is it very slow to get into (with gta around i don't rly wanna spend time on a game that takes 10 hours to get to where you're powerful enough for it to be fun)

Tried R.I.P.D The Game - proof once gain that just because a game looks good gaphically doesn't mean it plays well. The hit detection is off and the handgun works at the same level as the knife in the Resident Evil game. Save your money, folks.

Still considering Aliens vs. Predator but I need more input.

What an abysmal sale this week. Movie Games = Bad Games in almost every case, so having a Movie Games sale ultimately means a Bad Games Based on Bad Movies Sale.
What's odd is that the Scott Pilgrim game isn't on sale. That game (and movie) are pretty sweet. Glad I got the game when it was last on sale.

Two weeks without nothing interesting for me. That's good, I purchased 4 games last week. I'm kind of interested in Aliens vs Predators, but... It will go on sale in the future I guess, and if it doesn't, well, I can live without it.

What's odd is that the Scott Pilgrim game isn't on sale. That game (and movie) are pretty sweet. Glad I got the game when it was last on sale.
yeah i'd get the online add on if it went on sale...the fact that it costs $5 is absurd, considering you KNOW you won't be able to find randoms with that paywall

btw, i will be doing an experiment in the next few days, i will post the result if anybody is interested, since i cannot find a conclusive answer online

when my console got banned, there were many games i once had on it but had deleted to make space. now that it is banned, there is no reason to have online games like happy wars on it, so there is more free space. so i am wondering if i redownload a game i owned prior to being banned and move it to the banned console, if the license will still be on that console/hd. i can find guesses online but no one who has actually tried. so i will download an xbla game and a GOD game i had previously deleted, put it on USB, and see if the license still exists on banned console even though the game is deleted. this way i could reclaim a few games i deleted before onto the old console before i give it to a friend. i have no idea if it will work but it is worth trying.
I thought I could give you a specific answer immediately, but yeah you might be right about this. Your download history has your items licensed to your banned console. If you find out, let me know. As someone who has hopped console to console, and redownloaded stuff that wasn't tied to that specific console, I'd like to know how this goes.

I don't know how I will be able to live knowing I can't play Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellion tomorrow.

Another person here interested to see the results. I always thought the console license stayed in the 360's internal flash if it was the first time you downloaded the game. So in the end you could at least copy back arcade games and play them again later on. Having a concrete answer on this will be good though, and thanks for taking the time to try.

Just got my birthday email from Xboxlive Rewards. All it had was a Happy Birthday message and a link to "Get my birthday cake."I clicked it and its a printout to make a paper cake and says Xbox Live on it. :rofl:

No more 20 MSP or a quarter?! :whee:
The all-new & improved Rewards program. :lol: Guess the 25¢ was breaking the bank. :roll:

Happy Birthday, btw.

Major Nelson just posted the 2 week preview.
Damn. At this rate, October will be a wash for me. Well, there's still hope for the week of Halloween.

MW3 should not be listed in last weeks sale, it was a price drop, along with Black Ops. It just happened to be an Activision title at the same time.
Nice catch, thank you. As you may have noticed, I fixed that last night after you pointed it out. You guys are free to point out things I may have missed.

Obviously you're talking about this game.

Lost-Via-Domus-Achievements-Xbox-360-2.jpg
Haha, I remember that. I thought it was PC-only. I think Abrams said that because he wasn't involved with that ^ game like he was with the Star Trek game.

I might just pick up The Wolf Among Us, since we have barely heard anything about the release date for SC2 HD
I literally read this right after I updated the Coming to Marketplace section with SC2 HD. I figured I'd put it there for the sake of hype. I don't know wtf they're doing, it's even worse than the lack of talk about Far Cry Classic.

The all-new & improved Rewards program. :lol: Guess the 25¢ was breaking the bank. :roll:

Happy Birthday, btw.
My dad got the same e-mail today actually (his birthday is Thursday). I think he printed it out and lit it on fire since it's supposed to be a birthday cake with candles.

Thanks for the input. I doubt I'd put any time in online, but 3 single player campaigns and being a fan of the source material (well more the series' individual movies than the crossover) makes me think this could be worth $10 (which looks to be a legit deal looking at GS/Amazon prices). I'll keep an eye out for more feedback as the week goes by, especially if Bobby gets that section of the OP up and running soon.
*sigh* AvP is similar to Colonial Marines in the sense that it was wasted potential. The difference being that Colonial Marines never had a chance to be a good game (because Gearbox dicked around with it), but AvP did. I say this as a HUGE fan of the PC games (AvP2 for PC was my first online experience when I was ~10. It's what got me into the cyber-realm as well as how I met my first girlfriend, who I dated for about 4 years. I owe that game my life, literally.)

I picked up the Hunter Edition (the one with the facehugger) for $30 a few years back. I don't exactly regret my purchase (nostalgia and a steelbook help), but the online is where it suffers, and the community vanished pretty quickly, even AvP2 had more players at the time (which sucks because the matches in AVP require a good amount of people to play). The singleplayer is the best aspect, even if it is a tad short (even compared to AvP2's campaigns). The worst of it is is that the developer behind the game was the same as the original PC game (which was fantastic for the time). I guess making Rogue Warrior just took all the talent out of the studio. Almost makes me wish Monolith (developers of AvP2) had been contracted instead. Or if it had been released only for PC or closer to the release of AvP2 (it's about a 9-year gap).

Double post, but I think it's necessary.

I have updated the OP with next week's stuff, added the new Rocksmith sales and have put some items in the Upcoming XBLM stuff section. I think the OP is good for another 2 weeks, which means I have time to figure out what to do with the Impressions & Community sections. I'm very happy to see a bunch of you excited about the new possible features I was thinking of introducing, it's definitely a motivation to get it done (even though I'm not going to do any more work tonight).

I'm sorry I didn't update with Major Nelson's stuff earlier, I literally refreshed every 5 minutes for a couple of hours (while I was doing other more productive things) before I just gave up (after he posted on Twitter, figuring he wasn't in the office). He probably got a lot of flack. If he's late in posting again, just understand that I can't update immediately, but will always have it done by the end of the day.

Lastly, it'd be crazy to quote all of you, but I just wanted to say thank you to Tyler!, DMCA18, Stellar Inertia, sunasun, shulamm, kill3r7, EarthboundX5, mebegod, Narsis84, gtbrigs, hufferstl, Ryuukishi, Primis, and dark_inchworm for their nice words since my last post last night.

Now back to Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D!

also damn f1 2013 got put on GOD fairly quick, but i don't think i'd want it cos i got 2012 on PC for like $8 a few weeks ago

alsoalso can you play ascend : hand of kul with a friend? or is it like that dark souls coop where you cannot choose who u play with? is it fun from the get go or is it very slow to get into (with gta around i don't rly wanna spend time on a game that takes 10 hours to get to where you're powerful enough for it to be fun)
well my friends i tried both arcade games and GOD games redownloaded to my profile to copy to my banned system, games i used to have on the banned system but deleted them, and none of them worked :(. so when your console is banned you get to keep all the digital content still on the HD, but there is no way to recover other games that you had on there but deleted before it got banned, it does not work

I havent even turned on my xbox in 2 months now, I question why I still have it, just a backup now to my ps3 just in case anything happens.

Capsized is pretty enjoyable, but I found it rather hard (partly because the controls are rather floaty).  About half way through I got really stuck and frustrated with the game.  Instead of giving up I just bumped the difficulty down to easy which really helped.  I don't really like playing games on easy but I was tired of getting angry at the game.  Just a heads up for others.  I'd recommend the game for $5, that's what I paid for it.

Extra Life Sale

Found a bunch of OLD Xbox Live cards laying around and will be selling them at cost.  All proceeds will be donated to Extra Life.  (I'm assuming Xbox Live cards don't expire)

1 Year clamshell Xbox Gold each $40 (Have 2 on hand)

3 Month Xbox Gold each $10  (Have 6 on hand)

Donate to Extra Life

Capsized is pretty enjoyable, but I found it rather hard (partly because the controls are rather floaty). About half way through I got really stuck and frustrated with the game. Instead of giving up I just bumped the difficulty down to easy which really helped. I don't really like playing games on easy but I was tired of getting angry at the game. Just a heads up for others. I'd recommend the game for $5, that's what I paid for it.
The controls are definitely what will keep me from getting this game. I am downloading the demo for Storm though, so we'll see how that goes....As for the demos for this week's XBLA sales, I couldn't get a game going in RIPD so that's a pass, and while Pacific Rim was promising, it felt less epic and more just far away.

I own X-men and Real Steel. X-mwn is still fun, but with infinite continues these arcade ports just lose something. I haven't got my 400 points worth out of it yet, but I don't feel ripped off either. Real Steel has been somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine. I've posted my thoughts on it in previous incarnations of the Xbox Live sales thread; to summarize, it's not a great game. Content locked behind in game real money purchases is ludicrous, but I got a certain satisfaction out of the combat. Don't expect anything much deeper than the demo though.

ahaha for the new 'free' skin in pac man dx + you have to share like 20 things on facebook to get it. what a joke. is any of the new dlc you can buy decent, or is it all just meh more of the same? the courses specifically

well my friends i tried both arcade games and GOD games redownloaded to my profile to copy to my banned system, games i used to have on the banned system but deleted them, and none of them worked :(. so when your console is banned you get to keep all the digital content still on the HD, but there is no way to recover other games that you had on there but deleted before it got banned, it does not work
Thanks for trying this out.

After I saw this post I put my old 120 back in to see if I had anything on it that I purchased after and noticed Hard Corps Uprising was still listed as a trial even though I bought it a couple weeks ago on sale. I copied it to a USB stick and got the same result with no drive in. After that I copied the one from my 320 to the same stick and it did show as the full game. So it seems each download is signed for your console when you buy it and as long as you have a back up of that specific version, you can restore it later on. Otherwise it shows as a trial or won't let you play it at all. Granted its a little late for people that got bans without having all their stuff downloaded, but it might help plan some for the future.

Having seen the majornelson update, I see that there's nothing on sale this week or next. Wolf Among Us is tempting though so may pick that up whenever I'm ready for that game. Anybody know if it's going to have monthly releases like The Walking Dead did?

Also, missed all the farewells and intros this time around, but good to see the thread is still in gold hands. If it was me, it would probably end up like Bobby's dad's paper birthday cake. :p

As for Tyler, sucks how everything went down, but you gave it a good run. I shall do for you what I will refuse to do for David Carpenter. Seriously, that man needs to be fired yesterday. Thank you Tyler. *clap clap clap clap clap*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back