XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for it. If the speeds aren't to your liking, just move some older arcade games or other stuff you don't really care too much for on to them and use the free space on your main drive for more installs of games you are currently playing. Though I think for most stuff you won't notice a difference running off the usb drives or your hard drive.
Yeah basically I want to move GoD and XBLA that I have every achievement on, so it'd be on the lower side of likely to play. Besides, I don't think any XBLA game would have an issue, even on a slower device.

As to Rewards, I have noticed some of it takes ages to register. The app punchcard seemed to take a day or two, but the credits for playing a new game for 10 hours seemed to only show up at the end of the month.

As to Rewards, I have noticed some of it takes ages to register. The app punchcard seemed to take a day or two, but the credits for playing a new game for 10 hours seemed to only show up at the end of the month.
yeah i spent like $120 last month and i didnt get the credits til oct 9th

Anyone know if the games on demand realease for f1 2013 correct, I saw on majors blog saying that it came out on the 15, but the disc realease isn't until November?
from what i see it's already out on disc? unless the sites i pinged are wrong? i'm thinking they're right bc i know for sure it came out on pc last week

I didn't think Dark Messiah was bad at all, but this was on PC and several years ago at that. Never touched it on 360. Had at least one friend that seemed to enjoy it...

I guess if I'm gonna make a half-assed recommendation, I'd say skip the $10 GoD price and either pick it up on disc for cheaper or wait to see if it's part of another GoD mega sale somewhere down the line.
Dark Messiah is $5 used at Best Buy right now, FWIW.

Impressions please! I'm still undecided.
Tried the game for an hour and I liked it. I was surprised at how they let you change between human, alien, and predator when you complete an objective in Campaign. I was also impressed how the controls work and gameplay changes for the Alien (fast strikes) and the Predator (stealth). I thought it was weird, however, how humans (who play like your standard FPS player) won't jump.

At $10, I recommend it.

Just realized that my gamercard doesn't update any more, so I had to create a homemade one.  Luckily MS didn't reset my gamerscore when they banned me, so even though I can't share achievements anymore, I can still collect them for myself, which is mostly what I did anyway (my favorite part about achievements is how it tracks my gaming history).

I played the trial and it's actually really fun to play.

I don't know if I should buy it now, or wait for a season pass. Or start buying around Christmas/New Year when I'll have more time and there will be a sale! (Although, I doubt this would go on sale).

P.S. Does anyone know of the release dates for the next episodes?

Same here Tyler. I just like knowing the dates I beat games and my progress. First time I ever did that was FF6. I could only get one game a year so I wrote down all my progress in a journal. How are you keeping track? Does the gamer score not go up if your banned?

The season pass is already up. You save $5 by getting it. After playing the Walking Dead I want all of Tell Tales games. Its to bad Back to the Future is only for the PS3.

I played the trial and it's actually really fun to play.

I don't know if I should buy it now, or wait for a season pass. Or start buying around Christmas/New Year when I'll have more time and there will be a sale! (Although, I doubt this would go on sale).

P.S. Does anyone know of the release dates for the next episodes?
The season pass is already available. It is actually set up s little better on XBL. You buy the first episode for $5 then can buy 2-5 for $15 as opposed to buying all episodes for $20 up front. This way you can play a whole episode before committing to the season pass.

Dates for the remaining episodes aren't up. If I remember correctly it took the better part of a year for all 5 walking dead episodes to come out.

The season pass is already available. It is actually set up s little better on XBL. You buy the first episode for $5 then can buy 2-5 for $15 as opposed to buying all episodes for $20 up front. This way you can play a whole episode before committing to the season pass.

Dates for the remaining episodes aren't up. If I remember correctly it took the better part of a year for all 5 walking dead episodes to come out.
That's also $5 cheaper than PC version. Another reason to get it on console.

If I remember correctly it took the better part of a year for all 5 walking dead episodes to come out.
The first episode came out on April 27, 2012, and Episode 5 came out on November 21, so about seven months. I have to wonder if Walking Dead Season Two will impact the release schedule for Wolf at all.

The first episode came out on April 27, 2012, and Episode 5 came out on November 21, so about seven months. I have to wonder if Walking Dead Season Two will impact the release schedule for Wolf at all.
Thanks for clarifying. I guess the wait just felt much longer. One thing I definitely remember is that you didn't know what the release date was until it was Luke a week or two away.

Same here Tyler. I just like knowing the dates I beat games and my progress. First time I ever did that was FF6. I could only get one game a year so I wrote down all my progress in a journal. How are you keeping track? Does the gamer score not go up if your banned?

The season pass is already up. You save $5 by getting it. After playing the Walking Dead I want all of Tell Tales games. Its to bad Back to the Future is only for the PS3.
My Gamerscore is still accumulating like normally, but since I can't connect to the internet anymore I can't get it uploaded to the Xbox servers. So only my console has my current gamerscore now. Also kinda sucks because I have (well, had) a Windows Phone and the achievements I get on that don't really matter anymore.

I'm just glad Halo 3 is free cause I need one more achievement. (4 ghosts legendary) My disc had a scratch so small on it, when I finished the last level, with ghosts, on legendary, my game would say disc unreadable during the cutscene and I couldn't get a results page. 4 hours of hard work down the drain :'(

they picked a bad time to release halo 3 GFG...gta online is in its prime, i know if it came earlier i would have touched it but with GTA:O i doubt i'll check into halo 3 much for a long time
The game is six years old, I don't think any particular new flavor of the month game will make too much difference to who's playing it at this point.

Impressions please! I'm still undecided.
Unfortunately I haven't had much time to play it; I only completed the first mission on the Alien's campaign. For what it's worth, three separate campaigns (I've heard the marines one is supposed to be pretty good), if you don't have too much of a current backlog, or love scary games, like myself, it's probably worth the $10.

Halo 3 free but not the 15 map packs.

GOT IT.
lol well they probably figure they can get some people to buy the maps, though personally I wouldn't when u can grab ODST for cheap and get all the maps with that.

The game has 7k people playing it just last week when I was on, so I'd imagine quite a lot of people actually. The R6 Vegas 1 servers were jam packed. It was amazing.

Even though I own it already, I'll probably start playing again. Have a few friends that never played it before. Plus GTA Online got boring very fast.

Even though I own it already, I'll probably start playing again. Have a few friends that never played it before. Plus GTA Online got boring very fast.
i traded my gta 5 copy after beating the game and 10+ hours of gta online. main story/world/trevor are great. gta online is like a awful free to play MMO. i'll wait for w/e goty/complete edition gets released later and rebuy it.

I'm glad Halo is the free game right now cuz I ran out of Gold a few days ago and I don't feel like renewing it.

I'm just glad Halo 3 is free cause I need one more achievement.
I'm just glad the top post on the last thread page isn't about eating paper anymore. That's what a rough week it's been here.

I'll take Halo 3 and smile.

I believe I saw ODST at Gamestop for like $5 last week, if that indeed does give you the map packs. YMMV.

I'm just glad the top post on the last thread page isn't about eating paper anymore. That's what a rough week it's been here.

I'll take Halo 3 and smile.

I believe I saw ODST at Gamestop for like $5 last week, if that indeed does give you the map packs. YMMV.
ODST has a second disc with the H3 multiplayer on it with all the maps integrated. Not installable.

Picked up The Wolf Among Us on Friday. Great game and better than walking dead, IMO. The season pass for $15 was an instant purchase after finishing episode one.

Is there any news or confirmation of Far Cry classic coming out sometime soon? Like this year!
Last I heard, it was coming out with the Summer of Arcade for 560 points. Now it's looking more like a pre-order bonus for FC4. I wouldn't mind a FC collection with all the games together (even though I own them all) if it came with new achievements.

Ben 10 games on sale? They must be delisting them next week. :whee:

We knew 99% of what was going to be on sale this week, I don't understand why they put games on sale and not the DLC to go with said game. I was eyeing Tomb Raider Underworld, and for $9.99... ahem, $12.49 in fucking Canada (wtf), I'm not going to drop that much + $20 for the DLC.

Hopefully the Halo 3 maps and ODST go 50% off tomorrow so I can scoop them up with the base game for a complete Halo 3/ODST GoD collection. (I'm aware of the ODST disc, don't want it.)

I wanted Tekken, but not for that price. I might snag Battlestations: Midway tho.

Last I heard, it was coming out with the Summer of Arcade for 560 points. Now it's looking more like a pre-order bonus for FC4.
Microsoft never officially announced it as a Summer of Arcade title. Ubisoft announced a Summer 2013 release date for it at E3, and some of the gaming sites reported it as being SoA.

You may be onto something with the FC4 thing. The achievement list for FC Classic leaked in early July, and just days later, a Ubisoft exec confirmed they were working on FC4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back