XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't even read what he wrote did you? He was talking mostly about games he's looking forward to and what he hopes will be on sale in the coming time. That's hardly crying.
Do you not have anything better to do than sit here waiting to argue
with people? Recurring theme.

I could have sworn last time I bitched they announced what we were getting just a few days before hand. But now less then 24 hours? Can't be good. My guess is Risk Factions for the ultimate troll factor.

Honestly, not having my hopes up for something awesome to be the next freebie. Halo 3 was kind of a big deal back in the day.  Also, Free with Gold being extended and all.  I could be wrong and hope so.

crying-kid.jpg

So when they said the free game promotion would be extended, they really meant the same free game is there longer? We haven't had a sports game yet so I am expecting something like golf or soccer next.

It would be cool, however, if they added one of the games from the poll. I wouldn't mind having dead space on xbox and ps3.

Loved that game. one of the few PS2 hdd games I actually beat with my friend. it was a lot of fun. I wish they did this with the Warriors. that was my favorite team up game of all time.

Wow at no announcement. The game they picked must be terrible for them not to even want to mention it.
I feel like most months they have announced it the day before the new month starts. Plus, MS is based out of Washington, so local time on the west coast is 6:24am right now. I'd expect an announcement around 11/noon east coast time.

For October and September they announced the new games at 9 am PDT on the day before. I would expect the announcement soon. Here's to expecting GRAW!

Also, I see you guys are having a Halloween event. How about Halo 3 infection and custom games? Everybody has it now, and it's still a ton of fun!

Also, I see you guys are having a Halloween event. How about Halo 3 infection and custom games? Everybody has it now, and it's still a ton of fun!
The only problem is, you'd need people who have the infection maps and gametypes saved. Bungie's website no longer allows you to download maps or gametypes to your account (since they handed Halo over to 343). If someone can figure out a way to still download stuff from Bungie's site, please let me know; I couldn't figure it out...

Wow at no announcement. The game they picked must be terrible for them not to even want to mention it.
Or it is so good that they know we wouldn't be able to contain ourselves. :)

I'm hoping MajorNelson lets us know soon.

What would be ironic is if it was one of the games people got banned for downloading for free from other countries.

Injustice: Gods Among Us and Angry Birds Trilogy.

Or it is so good that they know we wouldn't be able to contain ourselves. :)

I'm hoping MajorNelson lets us know soon.

What would be ironic is if it was one of the games people got banned for downloading for free from other countries.

Injustice: Gods Among Us and Angry Birds Trilogy.
Both those games were released this decade, so I'm not sure if they're eligible for the program.

The only problem is, you'd need people who have the infection maps and gametypes saved. Bungie's website no longer allows you to download maps or gametypes to your account (since they handed Halo over to 343). If someone can figure out a way to still download stuff from Bungie's site, please let me know; I couldn't figure it out...
You still can (Kinda). The browser is still there. You would have to find the files, then go to the persons profile in games and download it there. It's a pain, but it still sort of works. If you're willing, I would recommend Fat Kid, Drive Or Die, Jenga, Smear the Queer, Tournament, etc. I have a bunch of them but not all of them.

I've never even heard of Iron Brigade. Looks ok. If the first Keflings game is one of next months games, it'd be the first game I own that was offered, so I can't complain.
However, I REALLY hope neogaf is wrong. I don't mind them offering 1 free GonD and 1 free Arcade game a month, but I'd probably join in the complaining if they gave us two arcade games in a month.

I've never even heard of Iron Brigade. Looks ok. If the first Keflings game is one of next months games, it'd be the first game I own that was offered, so I can't complain.
However, I REALLY hope neogaf is wrong. I don't mind them offering 1 free GonD and 1 free Arcade game a month, but I'd probably join in the complaining if they gave us two arcade games in a month.
Iron Brigade is one of the better XBLA games as is Keflings but unfortunately I own both of them as has been the case for most of these games.

You still can (Kinda). The browser is still there. You would have to find the files, then go to the persons profile in games and download it there. It's a pain, but it still sort of works. If you're willing, I would recommend Fat Kid, Drive Or Die, Jenga, Smear the Queer, Tournament, etc. I have a bunch of them but not all of them.
Yup. I did this with some maps. The issue is that the person needs to have the map in their file share before you can download it. Thanks for your suggestions!! I only have 2 of the ones you mentioned so I will definitely look for the others. :)

Same here. Also, I already own both Keflings games and Iron Brigade so it would continue my streak of owning most of the GWG titles. Though if they put ALL the Kefling DLC on sale I could at least pick up the ones I don't own so it wouldn't be a complete wash.

Happy Halloween to everyone! I continued my annual tradition of playing Costume Quest and started another playthrough this morning on PSN to nab some Trophies since I already 100% it on XBLA the previous years. Fun stuff. I'm still debating starting Dead Space 1. I'm a chickennnnnnnn.

I don't want either one but if that post is somehow true I hope they continue their pattern of offering sequels and choose World instead of Kingdom. It's family-friendly and I can finally use the dlc that playxbla gave out for their achievement challenge. Already own Iron Brigade.

Btw, did anyone else get kicked off live and forced to sign a new TOU?
What did they add to it? If you create a new account in a foreign land and download anything, we will ban your gamertags, consoles, ruin your credit score, and sue you for billions in damages, like the RIAA?

I don't want either one but if that post is somehow true I hope they continue their pattern of offering sequels and choose World instead of Kingdom. It's family-friendly and I can finally use the dlc that playxbla gave out for their achievement challenge. Already own Iron Brigade.

Btw, did anyone else get kicked off live and forced to sign a new TOU?
What did they add to it? If you create a new account in a foreign land and download anything, we will ban your gamertags, consoles, ruin your credit score, and sue you for billions in damages, like the RIAA?
I'm not sure about all of the changes to the TOU, but it was in the news earlier this week that agreeing to the new TOU means you will let MS share some of your account/personal info (name, address, email, birthday) with other partners.

Here's one article about it: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-changing-xbox-live-terms-of-use/1100-6415826/

Actually, from what I understand, it auto shares your name/address/email with third party apps (like Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, etc). Supposedly, it also locks you out of third party accounts if you don't have the same information, like if you use your wife's, parent's, roommate's Netflix account. I am going to try and find the article I read.

Edit: I can't find the article I read. Take what I said with a grain of salt. It could very likely be incorrect.

I'm still debating starting Dead Space 1. I'm a chickennnnnnnn.
Same here... I started Dead Space, played the first level, and then put it down because it was so scary. :lol: Gave it another try a few months later and it quickly became one of my favorite games of the generation.

Good news for me if Keflings and Iron Brigade are true... Don't own any of them already.

People aren't going to be happy with those.

Keflings is actually an amazing game!  I wish they would put them on PSN and I'd buy them again.  PSN has Akimi Village, which is similar but not quite as nice.

Iron Brigade feels like it's really built for coop.  I played through the game alone and was rather disappointed.

I'm happy with Keflings since I've actually been tempted to buy them in the past. I'll probably buy the other game if I'm intrigued by the free one (my OCD generally doesn't allow me just one title of the series).

Oh... I guess I will go back to waiting for the Playstation Plus offers for November. Sure, I will download these, but seriously? It's like Microsoft is trying to scrape by with the bare minimum that people won't crucify them for. They don't understand that this could be. Huge selling point for the system Xbox. Games for Gold is arguably better setup, on a better infrastructure, yet they won't give away anything of any value. It's just really disappointing.

I am totally happy with these two games.  Iron Brigade is one games I have always wanted to try and my wife will like Keflings.  Thanks Microsoft, I was going to be gold anyway.  FREE GAMES!!!

Add me to the list of liking Keflings. I already have Iron Brigade, but wouldn't mind finding a partner for co-op. Hell maybe they choice two arcade games, because we might get a Games on demand sale for Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

I'm still debating starting Dead Space 1. I'm a chickennnnnnnn.
I've been playing it this week and honestly after the first chapter it isn't particularly scary. I'm actually genuinely surprised since I'd heard it was one of the more horrifying games this generation, but it's more tense and atmospheric than something that I have to turn off because I'm about to/just pee'd myself. That said I've been extremely impressed with everything else in the game, and would highly recommend you give it a go sometime soon ^_^

People aren't going to be happy with those.
Well I'm at least one person that is. I have wanted both of them but never bit on the sales, so I'm very excited to be getting them ^_^

Well I'm at least one person that is. I have wanted both of them but never bit on the sales, so I'm very excited to be getting them ^_^
Yeah I mean the average Xbox gamer. Most of us in this thread are reasonable enough to realize that arcade games are good and have a place in the GwG promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back