XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was 800, I'd be all over it, but I'd rather spend 1200 on I Am Alive and Alan Wake's American Nightmare right now. I doubt Gotham City Impostors will be fun enough to tear me away from Battlefield 3 anyways, although I did thoroughly enjoy the beta.

[quote name='wEEman33']Do not waste your money on the old disc-based NBA Jam.

On Fire Edition is way better.[/QUOTE]

I fully agree, just wanted to present both sides, especially since my friends and I can't play a 4-player game currently.

[quote name='100xp']yeah i know, ironically i got a PM from a few ppl asking how to do it when I pointed it out in a previous thread.

not a fan of the way they advertised the ms price for CA. it's a bit misleading as it ultimately says save 400 ms points and of course when you click it's 800. i'd consider picking it up when it drops to 50% or less, til there there's just too much in my back log...also the new dashboard interface is a lot busier and in some ways much more of a chore to nagivate...but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

They've done this a couple of times with the "save XXX" graphically shown instead of the price. It's a little annoying.

Grabbed NBA jam:Fire Edition. Rented last years version, and it was still really fun with 4 players. Cant wait to see what tweaks where made to this one.

Also, ive been WAITING for a sale on Galaga DX. Did i quick search and found no info on a sale on it at any point. Is this true?

[quote name='kidrocklive']What is the difference between the dlc parts for tomb raider anniversary and the actual retail anniversary game?[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same thing

[quote name='wampa8jedi']It's normally 1200.

I'm still debating it + the weapon packs...[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

If you like the game then you problably cant go wrong with the all of the DLC being that its reasonably discounted and I dont ever forsee them making a GOTY disc that has it all. Although its possible but I dont think this game sold well enough to warrant that....I could be wrong though.

I've got enough for either Deus DLC or CA without having to get a new card.

I am problably going to go with the Deus Ex stuff being that CA reminds me a lot of Torchlight, which is good and all but at only 33% off and having Torchlight AND Sacred 2 still in backlog...ehhh.

I will problably watch some gameplay vids on youtube and decide...

[quote name='kidrocklive']What is the difference between the dlc parts for tomb raider anniversary and the actual retail anniversary game?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is known but you need the disc version of TR:Legends in order to play the DLC Parts of Anniversary. Maybe this is common knowledge but I would hate for people to buy it and then find out they need another game to play it. Edit: I see it is on the xbox.com page but for those that do not read like I don't :)

[quote name='Viol8tor']Also, ive been WAITING for a sale on Galaga DX. Did i quick search and found no info on a sale on it at any point. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

Galaga Legions DX was on sale on PSN a couple months ago but has yet to go on sale on XBLA or I would have surely snagged it.

So I played the Swarm demo last night. That was really cool! Talk about a different concept. There's a whole combo strategy involving collecting "items" and killing your guys, so sometimes it pays to sacrifice them. And it plays relatively fast and looks like it could get wicked difficult. The only thing that seems to be a bummer to me is that there are not gold,silver, and bronze medals or something like that for scores per level. You have a minimum to get and then you can compare scores against friends or leaderboards. Still, for $5, I think I'm going for it. I would like to figure out how many levels there are, though.

[quote name='Felder71']So I played the Swarm demo last night. That was really cool! Talk about a different concept. There's a whole combo strategy involving collecting "items" and killing your guys, so sometimes it pays to sacrifice them. And it plays relatively fast and looks like it could get wicked difficult. The only thing that seems to be a bummer to me is that there are not gold,silver, and bronze medals or something like that for scores per level. You have a minimum to get and then you can compare scores against friends or leaderboards. Still, for $5, I think I'm going for it. I would like to figure out how many levels there are, though.[/QUOTE]

10 levels and 2 bosses, if I remember correctly. Its an excellent game, I highly recommend it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']10 levels and 2 bosses, if I remember correctly. Its an excellent game, I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, only 10 levels? I'm assuming they get a little bulkier? Otherwise, I'd think it would be fairly short. Still, only $5. My regret would be that I wouldn't be ready for it to be over yet.

im in for missing link and nightwing packs. now i gotta go buy MS points. lame lol

Any good deals on Microsoft points? either 1600 or 4000 cards?

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']im in for missing link and nightwing packs. now i gotta go buy MS points. lame lol

Any good deals on Microsoft points? either 1600 or 4000 cards?[/QUOTE]

Not a wonderful deal, but the best available is 1600pts for $18.99 from Amazon (immediately available through digital).

[quote name='Felder71']Hmmm, only 10 levels? I'm assuming they get a little bulkier? Otherwise, I'd think it would be fairly short. Still, only $5. My regret would be that I wouldn't be ready for it to be over yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they get quite a bit longer than the first level, which isn't always a great thing because it gives you more chances to lose your multiplier.

It's not a long game. Maybe 3-4 hours at most, unless you really enjoy trying to climb up leaderboards with high scores. The other issue is that you have to get a certain score in each level to unlock the next one. A lot of people seemed to have A LOT of trouble with this, but I never had to replay a level more than 3-5 times. That may sound like a lot, but the point of the game is to replay levels, get good at avoiding all the different traps, and figuring out how to keep your multiplier going.

I had an absolute blast with the game, and $5 is really a good price for it. But I can definitely see that this game wouldn't be for everyone.

any thoughts on lara's shadow dlc??? does it offer cheesements? i may grab ann. i own legend and the game on ps2. might be worth the upgrade... 10 ttoal plus 5% back

I tried to play Gotham City today and the online is a mess. Took a long time to do matchmaking and then disconnected 10 seconds after heading into the game. Then a couple minutes passed before they could find new people to even try it again.

Pass.

[quote name='ZForce915']I tried to play Gotham City today and the online is a mess. Took a long time to do matchmaking and then disconnected 10 seconds after heading into the game. Then a couple minutes passed before they could find new people to even try it again.

Pass.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo and will wait until it's in a DotW.

[quote name='infamy']I played the demo and will wait until it's in a DotW.[/QUOTE]

Ideally I'd do that too but with an FPS I think I'll fall too far behind.

[quote name='ZForce915']I tried to play Gotham City today and the online is a mess. Took a long time to do matchmaking and then disconnected 10 seconds after heading into the game. Then a couple minutes passed before they could find new people to even try it again.

Pass.[/QUOTE]

I played all day yeaterday and never dropped once.

Pass.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was having trouble finding a game to connect to last night too. I've been talking to other people who had no problems though.

[quote name='infamy']Bought A Missing Link, but am wondering if Lara Croft GoL is worth it. Need to buy more points. :([/QUOTE]

For what it is worth, I really liked LCGOL. It was a fun game, harkened back to some of the Baldur's Gate series in terms of the battle (top down, action game).

[quote name='infamy']Bought A Missing Link, but am wondering if Lara Croft GoL is worth it. Need to buy more points. :([/QUOTE]

I'll also recommend Lara Croft: GOL at 600msp

[quote name='Bradisback']I played all day yeaterday and never dropped once.[/QUOTE]

+1

Once (after everyone I was playing with left) I was sitting in a lobby by myself for a minute before I realized it. I just quit matchmaking & went back in - was playing again in 40 seconds.

[quote name='100xp']has Poker Smash been the DotW ever?[/QUOTE]

I definitely bought it on sale once. Fun for a little while, but not my cuppa.

[quote name='eastx']I definitely bought it on sale once. Fun for a little while, but not my cuppa.[/QUOTE]

word.

hopefully they'll have more sales on older titles.

I played the demo of guardian of light awhile back when it was on sale at best buy, decided not to buy it as I have MSP i want to spend. So picked it up now, seems pretty fun.
Ive got to go back and replay castle crashers and trials HD demos, didnt like them the first time I tried. But I know they'l go on sale some time this year.

Edit: Im noticing a pattern here on Trials HD. http://xbldb.com/offers/001-fd3
Seems to go on sale once every 5 months. Were coming up on that soon.

I'm hoping that sometime in the next month they'll do a Mass Effect dlc sale - would love to pick up the ME2 DLC before ME3 comes out.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'll also recommend Lara Croft: GOL at 600msp[/QUOTE]

What about the DLC?

Those two packs are 200 each so are they worth it? ...is one better than the other?

(I am not counting the Raziel & Kain pack because that doesn't *seem* to add anything other than characters)

[quote name='infamy']Anyone think RE4 or CVX will go on sale, ever?[/QUOTE]

Thats a good question. I remember RE4 being on sale on PSN awhile back and wondered when/if Live would get a discount.

Still waiting myself for Crysis to get a PSN like discount as well.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']im in for missing link and nightwing packs. now i gotta go buy MS points. lame lol

Any good deals on Microsoft points? either 1600 or 4000 cards?[/QUOTE]

Check the trading forum. Several CAGs trade MSPs there. I know one guy has 4000 point codes for $41.

Isn't RE4 a game on demand? I never saw a game on demand on sale on xbox live...

[quote name='Hyunkel']Isn't RE4 a game on demand? I never saw a game on demand on sale on xbox live...[/QUOTE]

Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Saints Row 2, Mafia 2, Prey, The Darkness, Battlefield 2 and Bad Company, Civ Rev, and maybe more have been on sale.

Just Cause 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, Battlestations Pacific are on sale right now.

there's games on demand on sale this week with the square enix sale. but they're only a few bucks off, and Games On Demand games are overpriced as is so like 20 percent off still comes out to more than you could get a hard copy for elsewhere. but there was like Battlefield Bad Company 2 and I think Borderlands which were $20 games that went on sale for $14.99 each, so there's hope that RE4/CVX will at least get a 5$ discount at some point. I'll buy them both once they drop to that. $20 each is too high.

[quote name='Artrigis']Ive got to go back and replay castle crashers and trials HD demos, didnt like them the first time I tried.[/QUOTE]

Stick with your first instincts.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']What about the DLC?

Those two packs are 200 each so are they worth it? ...is one better than the other?

(I am not counting the Raziel & Kain pack because that doesn't *seem* to add anything other than characters)[/QUOTE]

When asked previously, the consensus on this board seemed to be "No". I have the one that was initially free and it didn't do anything for me. Plus, no cheevos.

I've never been a Tomb Raider fan so I ignored Guardian of Light all this time but finally checked out the demo that has been sitting on my hard drive for over a year and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I don't know if I'll jump on this sale because I have a backlog of retail and XBLA games piling up, but I can see myself picking this up in a future sale.

I'm wondering when Rush'N Atack: Expatriot will go on sale, it's been out for almost a year now and didn't get the best scores. If Konami discounts that game to 400 I'll definitely pick it up because I enjoyed the demo.

[quote name='Hyunkel']Isn't RE4 a game on demand? I never saw a game on demand on sale on xbox live...[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn they do go on sale..

[quote name='100xp']you'd think they'd have more request a deal polls on XBL...or even a more personalized one.[/QUOTE]

Would be nice, but the first 2 they offered both kind of sucked. And both times the winner was just DLC.

I'm close to giving up as well and just going for the 5% back

[quote name='infamy']I could have sworn they do go on sale..[/QUOTE]
For maybe 25-33% off at most, which means that $30-$40 games go for $20 to $30. Not really much of a sale unless you're desperate for digital versions of those games.

[quote name='Artrigis']
Ive got to go back and replay castle crashers and trials HD demos, didnt like them the first time I tried. But I know they'l go on sale some time this year.
[/QUOTE]

I loved castle crashers - and so did my girlfriend - she played it through a few (6?) more times with different characters

Not that anyone cares but I think I know what I a getting this week.

For sure I got:

Deus EX DLC (Missing Link and Explosive Mission Pack)
Crimson Alliance (I played with the caster and I liked it. I will most likely Spend the money on all 3 characters just in case)

Maybe some other time.
Shank (Liked the Demo but it is a permanent price drop)

Not right now
Swarm (Its is only $5 but I was not really into it)

Undecided
TR:Underworld DLC (I have had it on my list but I am just not sure I want to even pay $10 for a game I bought for $7)

Most of the other stuff I either have or was not interested in. Play NBA Jam it is was fine but I just do not like sports games...which is weird because I love watching sports. Anyway, I need to at least try Underworld this week to see if I like the mechanics enough to buy the DLC.

I'm getting Crimson Alliance (still debating single pack or 3-pack). Already got Shank, Swarm, NBA Jam, and LC:GoL. Not interested in any of the DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back