XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']am I the only one that thought Castle Crashers was a fun game?[/QUOTE]

No, it had lots of defenders a few pages back.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I'm one of the few people who wholeheartedly agree with this statement.[/QUOTE]

+1

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I have yet to buy a skin pack either but the Animated Series Batman suit calls to me.[/QUOTE]

After the update from Rocksteady, I played through the whole game as the Animated Series Batman. I just wish they would release animated skins for all the villians. I would easily pay for that DLC.

[quote name='jazzman']After the update from Rocksteady, I played through the whole game as the Animated Series Batman. I just wish they would release animated skins for all the villians. I would easily pay for that DLC.[/QUOTE]

I thought you could do that anyway after the first playthrough? Or did they change it so you could use the alternate suits from the beginning? That would be awesome.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'd agree insomuch as I'd much rather hear people talk positively about games they like than negatively about games they dislike.[/QUOTE]

Here's a great quote from Film Crit Hulk on the subject:

THERE'S AN ANECDOTE FROM CHUCK KLOSTERMAN ABOUT HOW HE ONLY LIKES TALKING ABOUT MUSIC WHEN IT'S SOMETHING THE OTHER PERSON LIKES TOO. WHAT MAY SEEM TO SOME AS A MATTER OF STRIVING TOWARD HIVE-MINDED AGREE-ABILITY, COULD NOT BE FURTHER FROM THAT GOAL. IT IS MERELY REFLECTING THE GOAL OF MUSIC ITSELF. BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES TO MUSIC, WITH ITS BROAD INFINITE SPECTRUM OF TASTE AND STYLE, IT CAN REALLY ONLY OPERATE AS SOMETHING THAT BINDS PEOPLE TOGETHER. AND THUS, DISCUSSIONS OVER HATING BANDS ONLY REVEALS SOMETHING THAT IS DIVISIVE. IT BUILDS A "YOUR FAVORITE BAND SUCKS" CULTURE INDEED.

That really sums up how I feel about discussing games with others as well...

[quote name='eastx']Here's a great quote from Film Crit Hulk on the subject:

That really sums up how I feel about discussing games with others as well...[/QUOTE]

Good article and quote. My favorite part was what he had #1 on his list of WHY YOU LOVE MOVIES:

BECAUSE OF STANLEY KUBRICK.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']That was honestly one of the most enlightening and profound things I've read in a while.

And I'm someone who loves to argue.[/QUOTE]

Also pretty fun that you actually insult a game within your signature. ;)

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Since everyone is weighing in on Castle Crashers I am going to also.
The 3 most overrated XBLA Games:
1. Castle Crashers
2. Braid
3. Shadow Complex
The 3 most underrated XBLA Games:
1. Geometry Wars (1 & 2 really)
2. Torchlight
3. Puzzle Quest[/QUOTE]
... because it's cool to piss on games 2½ to 3½ years old? You'll have to school me on why GeoWars is "under-rated", but I think can't even smell yourself if you love 2 games that took at least 1 year to port from native platforms to XBLA, not to mention 1 of those 2 essentially boils down to D-padding around an 8x8 Bejeweled grid.

[quote name='panda911']Add Trials HD to that list and you have the Mount Rushmore of overratedness.[/QUOTE]
OK, but if you & S0DA go back to 2009, you'll see that Trials, Shadow, and BF1943 were the only 3 XBLA games (breaking the top 20) that used real 3D engines with good textures, dynamic lighting, bloom, high-poly meshes, etc, rather than craptastic 2D sprites or flat-shaded textures ... combined with challenging & unique gameplay. That's why reviewers go ape-crazy over certain games, and not "match 3 gems".

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']
The 3 most overrated XBLA Games:

3. Shadow Complex

The 3 most underrated XBLA Games:
1. Geometry Wars (1 & 2 really)
2. Torchlight
3. Puzzle Quest[/QUOTE]

How are GeoWars and Torchlight underrated? Both games received great review scores and sell really good on XBL. :roll:

Underrated are games like Bangai-o HD...

[quote name='Cornelius']... because it's cool to piss on games 2½ to 3½ years old? You'll have to school me on why GeoWars is "under-rated", but I think can't even smell yourself if you love 2 games that took at least 1 year to port from native platforms to XBLA, not to mention 1 of those 2 essentially boils down to D-padding around an 8x8 Bejeweled grid.

OK, but if you & S0DA go back to 2009, you'll see that Trials, Shadow, and BF1943 were the only 3 XBLA games (breaking the top 20) that used real 3D engines with good textures, dynamic lighting, bloom, high-poly meshes, etc, rather than craptastic 2D sprites or flat-shaded textures ... combined with challenging & unique gameplay. That's why reviewers go ape-crazy over certain games, and not "match 3 gems".[/QUOTE]

You clearly didnt play Puzzle Quest much at all If all you thought it was just a "match 3 gems" type game.

[quote name='Dustinator']Can't tell if this was mentioned previously since the thread got so off topic, but xbldb is showing Wheelman Premium Street Showdown pack as free.[/QUOTE]Thanks for pointing that out. :)

[quote name='wEEman33']Yeah I am about as big a beat-em-up enthusiast as there is, and Castle Crashers does nothing for me. I went through it once with a friend and have no desire to play through again. I agree with the guy who said that the combat is just really dull and unsatisfying.

If all you want to do is grind out levels and loot, I guess it's OK. But I don't play beat-em-ups for that.

I'd much rather replay games like King of Dragons, Final Fight, Knights of the Round on the Capcom Classics Collections.

Alien Hominid was also pretty weak aside from the bonus stick man platforming mini game lol[/QUOTE]

I admit I didn't get very deep into Caste Crashers' upgrade system, but that was because I just didn't like the way the combat felt. I realize it is the most popular XBLA title, but I lived off of beat 'em ups, both good and bad, when I was younger and Castle Crashers had that spam attack shallow feel I don't care for in the genre. I just didn't feel the oomph in the hits like i would Double Dragon, Final Fight or Golden Axe.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Here we go.....:D[/QUOTE]

Ah, that Superbowl ad was amusing to me.

[quote name='eastx']That really sums up how I feel about discussing games with others as well...[/QUOTE]

Well, I feel partially responsible for the "off the rails" course the thread has gone, and I feel bad for that. I originally intended to offer a minority perspective on a specific game someone mentioned they were considering to purchase (possibly for the rewards offer), since the person had an initial negative impression but later positive. It was not intended to spark divisive conversation. You mentioned you disagreed with my points, when I didn't feel I offered any due to length of the post, so I presented clarification for consideration in hopes to assist with a purchasing decision. I don't believe there's anything wrong with discussion about games, I am just unhappy the thread has strayed a bit from XBL deal/reward discussions since we have something new this week along with a pretty good reward offer for the month. To repeat: my intention was to detail a minority perspecitve on a specific game for assisting in a specific person's purchasing decision, nothing more.

Back to the deals ...

Now that DiRT 3 Complete Edition has been announced, granted the game does not appeal to me, but it does encourage me some publishers still release editions of games better for the late adopter. Now this may tell me DiRT 3 DLC may get the Deal of the Week treatment in the immediate future if the Live team wants to be cruel ^^. No, but seriously, I held out on Arkham Asylum and later got its GotY Edition when it was on sale. Given next week's DotW, and I have not acquired Arkham City yet, do you think it is likely a GotY edition shows up for me? (and I am not asking about its GotY worthiness, just the possibilty of an edition with all/most the DLC)

Also, in my search for unlikely marketplace items to see a deal, I have come across a Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes "I am the boss" DLC at 240MSP. I like the base game which did get on a sale before, it is an Ubisoft published game, and based on the description on the dashboard the DLC sounds a bit overpriced. I played the base game on another platform (nowhere near completion) but the XBLA edition is in my backlog, and I intend to play it to completion. Do you think it is better if I should hold out for a sale on this DLC item or just take it now for 5% refund?

I've gone back a few pages but I'm sure its quite possible that I missed this answer if the question was indeed asked... So let me apologize in advanced.

Anyhow, does Deus Ex: Human Revolution have anymore DLC coming out or is Missing Link it? It seemed like it was going to at some point but its been a long time since that bit came out.

[quote name='Crono-00']Now that DiRT 3 Complete Edition has been announced, granted the game does not appeal to me, but it does encourage me some publishers still release editions of games better for the late adopter. Now this may tell me DiRT 3 DLC may get the Deal of the Week treatment in the immediate future if the Live team wants to be cruel ^^. No, but seriously, I held out on Arkham Asylum and later got its GotY Edition when it was on sale. Given next week's DotW, and I have not acquired Arkham City yet, do you think it is likely a GotY edition shows up for me? (and I am not asking about its GotY worthiness, just the possibilty of an edition with all/most the DLC)[/QUOTE]

I could definitely see Dirt 3 DLC going on sale in the near future. That would suck, but it does seem as if the Live crew enjoys torturing us sometimes.

Also, my guess would be that there will definitely be a Arkham City GotY edition. I think there is enough DLC to justify it. Also, maybe they could pair it with a Dark Knight Rises movie ticket or something.

[quote name='cancerman1120']This is what happens when we know the DOTW 2 weeks in advance. Can't wait till we get back to speculating the deals for 2/21.[/QUOTE]

Toy Soldiers 2 please please please please please! And Bubble Bobble!

[quote name='reddjoey']I fee like I should chime in and say, "Stay on topic and keep the fighting down," but I've seen worse here.[/QUOTE]

Ya, there's been far worse. And I actually like this thread because it's a good community to talk about XBLA games with. Obviously any discussion not about the DotW is off topic, but I still like it. I wish the PSN thread was as alive as this one is.

[quote name='Crono-00']Well, I feel partially responsible for the "off the rails" course the thread has gone, and I feel bad for that. I originally intended to offer a minority perspective on a specific game someone mentioned they were considering to purchase (possibly for the rewards offer), since the person had an initial negative impression but later positive. It was not intended to spark divisive conversation. You mentioned you disagreed with my points, when I didn't feel I offered any due to length of the post, so I presented clarification for consideration in hopes to assist with a purchasing decision. I don't believe there's anything wrong with discussion about games, I am just unhappy the thread has strayed a bit from XBL deal/reward discussions since we have something new this week along with a pretty good reward offer for the month. To repeat: my intention was to detail a minority perspecitve on a specific game for assisting in a specific person's purchasing decision, nothing more.[/quote]

That's exactly my intent every time I offer my opinion but HOO BOY does it rustle some people's jimmies.

Also, in my search for unlikely marketplace items to see a deal, I have come across a Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes "I am the boss" DLC at 240MSP. I like the base game which did get on a sale before, it is an Ubisoft published game, and based on the description on the dashboard the DLC sounds a bit overpriced. I played the base game on another platform (nowhere near completion) but the XBLA edition is in my backlog, and I intend to play it to completion. Do you think it is better if I should hold out for a sale on this DLC item or just take it now for 5% refund?

That DLC just lets you play as the boss characters in versus mode. It's absolutely not worth it. You won't be playing much versus mode because the campaign will have completely tired you of it anyway.

[quote name='RollingSkull']That DLC just lets you play as the boss characters in versus mode. It's absolutely not worth it. You won't be playing much versus mode because the campaign will have completely tired you of it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it yet, but from what I've heard this is correct. Very long campaign.

I'm REALLY on the fence about the Crimson Alliance pack (all characters). I played the demo (by myself--didn't try multiplayer), and have read the metacritic reviews, and am still undecided. I have a long-term goal of saving up enough points to get the Forza 4 Season Pass, and I'm half-way there, so maybe that's why I'm hesitant on biting.

A couple questions for anyone who has the game:
-Do you stay in the dungeons the whole game?
-How is the loot/character upgradeability?

Thanks for the help. I'd definitely be interested in hearing from people who feel strongly about the game either way.

-B

back on the topic of the current deal of the week, i am enjoying nba jam on fire edition. plays like i remember back on sega genesis. if anyone is curious, the entire details of the recent roster update can be found here. also, if you bought the disc based version of nba jam that came out in late 2010, you get bumped up to level 10 and get a bunch of "jam bucks" that you normally have to earn to spend in-game to unlock players, teams, etc. this is basically how ea should have re-released nba jam in 2010 to begin with.

[quote name='Abbadon74']I'm REALLY on the fence about the Crimson Alliance pack (all characters). I played the demo (by myself--didn't try multiplayer), and have read the metacritic reviews, and am still undecided. I have a long-term goal of saving up enough points to get the Forza 4 Season Pass, and I'm half-way there, so maybe that's why I'm hesitant on biting.

A couple questions for anyone who has the game:
-Do you stay in the dungeons the whole game?
-How is the loot/character upgradeability?

Thanks for the help. I'd definitely be interested in hearing from people who feel strongly about the game either way.

-B[/QUOTE]

I've only played the demo, but I'm pretty sure I can answer at least one of your questions.

The upgradeability in the game seems to be very limited. From what I could tell, you don't even level up your character. The only way you improve your stats is by finding new weapons. Also, I'm pretty sure there is no loot system either, there are weapons stashed away in treasure chests hidden in levels, and you can pick up gold from vanquished foes to buy weapons, but as for actual "looting", it seemed non-existant.

Someone who's played the full game please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm finally leaning towards just getting a single character pack (the assassin), because I don't see myself replaying it too much.

[quote name='chipper_95']back on the topic of the current deal of the week, i am enjoying nba jam on fire edition. plays like i remember back on sega genesis. if anyone is curious, the entire details of the recent roster update can be found here. also, if you bought the disc based version of nba jam that came out in late 2010, you get bumped up to level 10 and get a bunch of "jam bucks" that you normally have to earn to spend in-game to unlock players, teams, etc. this is basically how ea should have re-released nba jam in 2010 to begin with.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, I didn't know you got bonuses for having the disc-based version. I had the disc on 360 but bought OFE on PS3, so I guess I'm out of luck on that one.

[quote name='RollingSkull']That's exactly my intent every time I offer my opinion but HOO BOY does it rustle some people's jimmies.[/QUOTE]

People tend to be pretty sensational when expressing a negative opinion though, or offer no context.

For example we've seen stuff like "If it weren't for the narration, Bastion would be a piece of crap"

A more insightful comment could be something like "It's got a good story, and the narration and music are good, but the gameplay is a bit repetitive and thin." Personally that's how I felt about Bastion. I enjoyed it a lot and would have it in my XBLA top 10 all-time... but I felt the actual core gameplay was largely ignored in the super lofty reviews that some sites gave it. And I think having in top 5 of the year overall (as some sites have had), borders on insanity. It's not a faultless game.

Anyway, i think if people offered more thought-out opinions on why someone shouldn't buy something it would probably be better received. Talk of 'mount rushmore of overrated' doesn't do anyone much good.

[quote name='cthomer5000']People tend to be pretty sensational when expressing a negative opinion though, or offer no context.

For example we've seen stuff like "If it weren't for the narration, Bastion would be a piece of crap"

A more insightful comment could be something like "It's got a good story, and the narration and music are good, but the gameplay is a bit repetitive and thin." ...

Anyway, i think if people offered more thought-out opinions on why someone shouldn't buy something it would probably be better received. Talk of 'mount rushmore of overrated' doesn't do anyone much good.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree with you more, cthomer. :applause:

So I plan on picking up Just Cause 2 sometime this week, how are the 2 dlc packs on sale for it?

Reading up on it a bit, the boom pack seems like a lot of fun with a destructive grenade launcher, a cool rocket launcher, and a real fun air propulsion gun. I'm unaware with the game, but once you buy these guns once, you have them forever right?

The aerial pack looks ok, adding a rocket launcher, a jet, and some cool thrusters for your parachute. Same question as before, once you buy these, you have them for good right?

Any further input on these packs would be appreciated.

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm hovering over buy on code veronica but I'm thinking there might be a sale soon before ORC D=[/QUOTE]

Just pick up a cheap copy for the Dreamcast or PS2 if you really want to play it.

Costs less and you'll get pretty much the exact same gameplay experience.

[quote name='wEEman33']Just pick up a cheap copy for the Dreamcast or PS2 if you really want to play it.

Costs less and you'll get pretty much the exact same gameplay experience.[/QUOTE]

this. from what i hear, the " remastering" is really more of a minor upscaling.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I've only played the demo, but I'm pretty sure I can answer at least one of your questions.

The upgradeability in the game seems to be very limited. From what I could tell, you don't even level up your character. The only way you improve your stats is by finding new weapons. Also, I'm pretty sure there is no loot system either, there are weapons stashed away in treasure chests hidden in levels, and you can pick up gold from vanquished foes to buy weapons, but as for actual "looting", it seemed non-existant.

Someone who's played the full game please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm finally leaning towards just getting a single character pack (the assassin), because I don't see myself replaying it too much.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. I appreciate the insight. I was hoping for more customization of your character, and in addition, I've heard it's a relatively short game anyway. Yeah, maybe I need to skip on it altogether, and save up for the Forza 4 dlc.

Thanks!

-B

[quote name='harry hood']So I plan on picking up Just Cause 2 sometime this week, how are the 2 dlc packs on sale for it?

Reading up on it a bit, the boom pack seems like a lot of fun with a destructive grenade launcher, a cool rocket launcher, and a real fun air propulsion gun. I'm unaware with the game, but once you buy these guns once, you have them forever right?

The aerial pack looks ok, adding a rocket launcher, a jet, and some cool thrusters for your parachute. Same question as before, once you buy these, you have them for good right?

Any further input on these packs would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

You always have to rebuy the vehicles once you wreck/lose them. You can refill the ammo in the weapons you buy but I tend to end up swapping weapons at some point because it's quicker than finding ammo, and then of course.. have to rebuy the weapon again. Making money in the game is super easy though.

I'd recommend buying both because they're cheap and just adds more fun stuff to a great game.

[quote name='harry hood']So I plan on picking up Just Cause 2 sometime this week, how are the 2 dlc packs on sale for it?

Any further input on these packs would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
No, you can only carry a few guns at a time, but you can pay for new weapons or ammo from the blackmarket guy whenever you need it. The pack with the multilock missile launcher and rocket boosters for the parachute seems like the best one you could get since those are useful items to have.

The Achievement Hunter guys have a video showing off what comes with the Aerial Pack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oHdvCcnsW4

[quote name='wEEman33']Just pick up a cheap copy for the Dreamcast or PS2 if you really want to play it.

Costs less and you'll get pretty much the exact same gameplay experience.[/QUOTE]

But, achievements! :cry:

I think I'll end up buying all the Deus Ex DLC and the Just Cause 2 aerial pack. I should probably stop buying dlc for crap I haven't even opened yet.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I think I'll end up buying all the Deus Ex DLC and the Just Cause 2 aerial pack. I should probably stop buying dlc for crap I haven't even opened yet.[/QUOTE]

Me too. It's my way of supporting developers when I buy used games. At least that's how I justify it lol.

[quote name='infamy']But, achievements! :cry:[/QUOTE]

Seriously... If I'm going to play through a lengthy and challenging aged game, I'd at least like some Achievements to show for it. Buying a used copy of CV and a Dreamcast would cost way more than $20 anyway.

[quote name='eastx']Seriously... If I'm going to play through a lengthy and challenging aged game, I'd at least like some Achievements to show for it. Buying a used copy of CV and a Dreamcast would cost way more than $20 anyway.[/QUOTE]

Why not play it on the Dreamcast you have on the shelf? Or am I the only pack rat that hoards all of his old games? If I want to play Punch-Out!!! (featuring Mike Tyson dammit!) why would I play it on the virtual console when I can just put the cart in one of my NESs and play the original? On the other hand, if Nintendo introduced some sort of achievement system I would probably buy Punch-Out!!! in a second and run through for some gamerscore. :p

I'd say buy the GoD version and enjoy getting some achievements. It won't kill you to pay retail (in GoD's case retail is way to freaking high but that's what a monopoly can get you) once in a while. I'll be buying a slew of $5-$10 ancient XBLA games at the end of the month just to get a quarter in savings.

I do collect a lot of things and I still own both of my Dreamcasts, but I was thinking of how the average person likely doesn't have one any more. Also, I'd love to have all of my consoles hooked up, but I just don't have room for that in my entertainment center. The mess of cords would be completely unmanageable and unpleasant, too - I tried it with a different shelf a while back.

Anyway, as you get older, the systems and games tend to pile up. Eventually, unless you're wealthy and live in a huge place, you're going to run out of room. It's unavoidable if you keep everything. That's one reason I dig digital distribution, though in the 360's case, hard drive space is still an issue. Not that I don't keep anything, but I did have to part with a couple hundred Genesis games last year in favor of freeing up some space.

Off topic as usual, but I just finished playing Bloodrayne: Betrayal and it is an awesome, awesome game. There are 2 platforming sections that are unnecessarily difficult, but other than that it has excellent combat and respectable platforming. One of my favorites from 2011.

Playing NBA Jam OFE reminds me why I just am not a big fan of it. It seems like player skill is almost entirely removed from the equation of that game.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Playing NBA Jam OFE reminds me why I just am not a big fan of it. It seems like player skill is almost entirely removed from the equation of that game.[/QUOTE]
If you play it casually, yea, but I've played some pretty competitive games online that required me at my best with stealing, shoving, pump fakes, passing, alley oops, 3 point shooting, and playing good tight perimeter defense to stop the 3 point shot.

it takes more skill than you might think..

See, I keep trying to use all those but the game does not seem to make it clear whether what I'm trying to do is effective in X, Y, or Z situations.

Of course, every game can be competitive in a tight match-up, but at the moment, the algorithm is unclear to me. It just seems like my steals and shoves work and theirs don't or my clear shots miss the basket and the AI is touching himself in the corner rather than being there for the rebound. Every game I've won and lost feels like I've had nothing to do with the outcome, even when I'm managing defense, offense, shooting, et al.

just bought BloodyCheckers and the dude who made it messaged me and was watching me play for a little but...it's an amazing game which I would of paid 39.99 for if anything you owe it to yourself to try the demo its a lot of fun

Thought about getting Just Cause 2 eventually, so I might pick up the DLC today. Just to make sure, the DLC on sale currently isn't something you can just unlock in the game right? I'm always cautious with these weapon pack DLCs because I'm never sure if these are exclusive weapons or just early unlocks to something already in the game.

You could try upping the difficulty in JAM, although this mainly results in the computer abusing the shit out of you with perfectly timed shoves the second you touch the ball and you having to resort to similar cheap tactics to keep yourself in the game. Honestly, the AI has never been a strong suit for the series. Playing against human opponents is where it's at. If you're going to play alone, stick to the Road Trip mode. The various win requirements for games once you reach silver and above keep things kind of interesting.

I wish they would put more DLC on sale for XBLA games. I will probably need to grab a couple of overpriced ones soon.....*cough*PuzzleQuest*cough*

[quote name='RollingSkull']See, I keep trying to use all those but the game does not seem to make it clear whether what I'm trying to do is effective in X, Y, or Z situations.

Of course, every game can be competitive in a tight match-up, but at the moment, the algorithm is unclear to me. It just seems like my steals and shoves work and theirs don't or my clear shots miss the basket and the AI is touching himself in the corner rather than being there for the rebound. Every game I've won and lost feels like I've had nothing to do with the outcome, even when I'm managing defense, offense, shooting, et al.[/QUOTE]
You also have to take into account a players attributes regarding everything i mentioned. A player with 6 strength rating won't be able to shove as effectively, and a player with a low steal rating won't be able to either.

I've had no issues doing everything I want to do in the game, but I admit it takes a little big of practice. I wouldn't rely on the AI too much aside from shoving/steals. I take control of my other AI almost immediately and run toward the net for a rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back